Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
honestly i'd run

beauch-sami
fowler-sbisa
lovejoy-lindholm

just has the most balance out there imo.

edit: oh snap forgot about allen.

beauch-sami
fowler-sbisa
allen-lovejoy

allen/lovejoy were good together
If Sbisa can step up (and let Fowler do the majority of the puck moving) those pairings could work with Fowler/Sbisa doing the heavy lifting and Beauch mentoring Vatanen in a more sheltered role. It's one of those scenarios where everything has to go right though.

Also are you and duckaroosky the same person now? I'm getting all kinds of confused by that avatar lol.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:11 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post

vatanen: lovejoy
fowler:beaucheming
allen:????????

EENOK,HOCKEYPROFESSOR,IL,FINLAND
That lineup would do so much beaucheming out there, I don't even think we would need a sixth dman.

Also I completely agree that it's time for Sbisa to step up. With the way the depth chart stands today, he's the biggest wildcard on the roster going into this season. Should see a lot of minutes, and may even be asked to play with a younger player (Vatanen/ Lindholm). Maybe the added responsibility will help him mature into the blueliner he has shown flashes of.

Last edited by heusy_79: 08-20-2013 at 11:22 PM.
heusy_79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
If Sbisa can step up (and let Fowler do the majority of the puck moving) those pairings could work with Fowler/Sbisa doing the heavy lifting and Beauch mentoring Vatanen in a more sheltered role. It's one of those scenarios where everything has to go right though.

Also are you and duckaroosky the same person now? I'm getting all kinds of confused by that avatar lol.
That's a big if. :/ If Sbisa can't step up, we don't have a pairing that can do the heavy lifting, and the blue line is probably too diluted. I agree it looks a lot different if Sbisa steps it up, but that seems more than a little optimistic right now.

08-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

vCash: 633
Sbisa becomes the most important player in the beginning of the season after this.

Ducks Nation* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:27 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:

He stole the duckthulu. And its confusing me as well. Will see a post and think I'm sleep posting because I have no memory of it.

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Duck Fan

I would feel better if we had Lydman to step in and somewhat solidify the defense. He would be a good linemate pairing with Vatanen.

Duck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:36 AM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
More like two buck Chuck left open for a week.
Gets the job done, right?

2faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
Gets the job done, right?
I hate to admit there was a time when it did. But I've moved up a bit I the world since then.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 01:01 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Is it bad I'm not that upset? If anything this gives Lindholm and Vatanen a shot to show what they can do, and when he comes back it'll be like making an addition at the TDL. Not that I want people to get hurt but I think Lindholm and Vatanen might be better fits....possibly

I have full confidence Vatanen will be much better on the PP than Souray and I predict if paired together, this'll lead to Fowler improving his PP numbers as a rover, because he's not really a QB back there.

It's do or die time for Luca Sbisa, he either steps up now or he never will. Also are we certain Lydman will retire now since we didn't sign him?

This will be an interesting year, if the young guys step up there won't be much regression from last season. If we get some guys hitting walls we could be in the lottery, but I feel if these kids can step up our overall ceiling as a team is much higher

Last edited by KEEROLE Vatanen: 08-21-2013 at 01:11 AM.
KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 01:49 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Vatanen have proved he belongs in every league, exept the NHL, this should be a perfect opportunity. Souray was a important PP element, so i think Vatanen gets an uphand on Leeendholm.

I think Murray didn`t signed Lydman because he wouldn`t be ready for the start of the season too. So there is no need to have 2 or 3 top 4 defenseman on the bench at the season opener.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 02:02 AM
Elvs

What's going on with Kyle Cumiskey? He left Modo and was supposed to return to Anaheim, but hasn't been signed yet. He's not gonna make our blueline better, but with his NHL experience and the season he had in Modo, he should be another candidate to at least make the team as a reserve defenseman.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 02:08 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
Is it bad I'm not that upset? If anything this gives Lindholm and Vatanen a shot to show what they can do, and when he comes back it'll be like making an addition at the TDL. Not that I want people to get hurt but I think Lindholm and Vatanen might be better fits....possibly

I have full confidence Vatanen will be much better on the PP than Souray and I predict if paired together, this'll lead to Fowler improving his PP numbers as a rover, because he's not really a QB back there.

It's do or die time for Luca Sbisa, he either steps up now or he never will. Also are we certain Lydman will retire now since we didn't sign him?

This will be an interesting year, if the young guys step up there won't be much regression from last season. If we get some guys hitting walls we could be in the lottery, but I feel if these kids can step up our overall ceiling as a team is much higher
Might be the best post you ever posted.

Old
08-21-2013, 03:12 AM
camshaft

I actually think Cam is ready to mentor Lindholm as his partner where they can eventually be the team's top pairing for years to come. Cam knows what it is like to be a 18 year old rookie placed in a top four role, and Lindholm can skate, handle the puck, hit, as well as being sound defensively. They may struggle a little bit early in the season, but if they fight through the early struggles, this can be a very effective pairing for the playoffs

camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 03:52 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

I`m not sold on Lindholm taking a top4-top5 role just yet this season.
However, if we take Souray and Beauch out (our top pair) for the begining of the season, our depth chart is something like:

Fowler
Lovejoy
Sbisa
Fistric
Vatanen
Lindholm/Cumiskey

That is a horrible, horrible defense. Scotty mentoring youngsters at the TC will be as important as ever.

Beauch shouldn`t be out long, so his addition might be expected soon. However we probably shouldn`t expect the level of play he showed last year.

Souray is expected to return dec-jan so if by then we are strugling, maybe Murray adresses the issue by trading for a top 4 defenceman, there might be a couple out there in the market. We could send back a forward, as it looks like we will have some good youth not playing top 6 role. That is one of the possible options imo

Old
08-21-2013, 03:52 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by camshaft View Post
I actually think Cam is ready to mentor Lindholm as his partner where they can eventually be the team's top pairing for years to come. Cam knows what it is like to be a 18 year old rookie placed in a top four role, and Lindholm can skate, handle the puck, hit, as well as being sound defensively. They may struggle a little bit early in the season, but if they fight through the early struggles, this can be a very effective pairing for the playoffs
Wouldn't that be a dream come true, that would be amazing.

Old
08-21-2013, 04:03 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaheim Ducks View Post
Wouldn't that be a dream come true, that would be amazing.
What about Theodore-Thompson pair Why wait?

Old
08-21-2013, 05:01 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:

Youth movemt' bring on Sami!!!! Can't wait

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 06:22 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I bet Lindholm will be exercising like a mad man now. The spot is his to take after TC.

Last edited by quentez: 08-21-2013 at 07:09 AM.
quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
I bet Lindholm will be exercise like a mad man now. The spot is his to take after TC.
I think Sami is ahead of him right now because of the PP skills alone.

Old
08-21-2013, 09:35 AM
eenok*

I Saying bout 2 weeks IN season Vatanen will have reached nrONE SPOT among team dfensmen.

if feeling messy please feel free share ore collect this statement. small wisement for a real professor at some but a huge surprise for normal cheering beerbellyfied hockeyenthusiast.

i can also easily see lovejoy if played for satisfiedment makin at least small progressions in his game an makin good things. so ..good season for him also to come..if trusted for enough at ice.

remember this,share or collect.....may suggest framing statement? thanks

EENOK,IL,HOCKEYPROFESSOR,FINLAND

eenok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:36 AM
OCSportsfan

Fowler-Beauch
Sbisa-Lovejoy
Allen-Vatanen

I dont see any other way without making one pairing really weak.

If Francois is out (is he recovering?), then

fowler-Allen
Sbisa-Lovejoy
Fistich-vatanen

I dont think they will bring Lindholm up unless he really impresses at TC.

Either line up SCREAMS at a trade for a top end D-man

OCSportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:52 AM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
I would rather take lindholm then vatanen, especially if beauch wont be ready for start. Would rather have the defensive guy then the offensive guy while missing vets and possible our top pair from last year.

If the rookie has to be pushed top 4, definitly lindholm, if he can play a sheltered 3rd pair with a vet and pp time then id go with vats

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:53 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
I would rather take lindholm then vatanen, especially if beauch wont be ready for start. Would rather have the defensive guy then the offensive guy while missing vets and possible our top pair from last year.

If the rookie has to be pushed top 4, definitly lindholm, if he can play a sheltered 3rd pair with a vet and pp time then id go with vats
i feel like if we go with lindholm over vats we'd be rushing him. vats has quite a few years of experience under his belt now. and he wasn't bad when he played here after his NHL call up

bumperkisser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 10:18 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

It's not like Lindholm has no experience either. Prior to the draft he played in Allsvenskan, and he did not look out of place as the youngest player in the AHL.

But yeah, Vatanen does have a two year advantage in terms of experience.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 10:53 AM
CrazyDuck4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
I Saying bout 2 weeks IN season Vatanen will have reached nrONE SPOT among team dfensmen.

if feeling messy please feel free share ore collect this statement. small wisement for a real professor at some but a huge surprise for normal cheering beerbellyfied hockeyenthusiast.

i can also easily see lovejoy if played for satisfiedment makin at least small progressions in his game an makin good things. so ..good season for him also to come..if trusted for enough at ice.

remember this,share or collect.....may suggest framing statement? thanks

EENOK,IL,HOCKEYPROFESSOR,FINLAND
eenok.. you are something else man.. Whatever it is your smoking. Hook us up too lol..

CrazyDuck4u is offline   Reply With Quote