HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will the Rangers sign?

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Large_Farva*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Who will the Rangers sign?

Now, let's face it. The Rangers will be after a few big name UFA's but who? Personally, I'd like to see Zhitnik come to New York so Tyutin can be paired with Kasparaitis and Kondratiev can be paired with Zhitnik to help their development.

your thoughts?

Old
06-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
Now, let's face it. The Rangers will be after a few big name UFA's but who? Personally, I'd like to see Zhitnik come to New York so Tyutin can be paired with Kasparaitis and Kondratiev can be paired with Zhitnik to help their development.

your thoughts?
Not so sure about that. Think Sather will fill the roster trough trades. We have about 20-25 decent prospects and 4 picks in the top 2 rounds next year. Thats more assets to work with then any other team in the league. Rangers don't have the top level prospects, but they aren't gooing to be traded anyway. When good young(22-28 y/o) players becomes available Sather will be in a great position.

If we keep Holik and Kaspar I don't see us signing a single UFA, besides a goalie... We have 4 players around 35 y/o. We don't need more, what we do need is good players just entering their prime. These guys aren't dealt often, but I am sure that this season probably more then normal there are gooing to be players holding out ect. Nobody knows what leverege to use in contract negotiations. The team that are gooing to be most successful in negotiating cheap contracts will be the team with the most success.

Old
06-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

I don't even know about going out and signing a UFA goalie. According to THN, Weekes is a restricted FA, my bet is that they'll keep him.

Old
06-22-2005, 04:00 PM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
I don't even know about going out and signing a UFA goalie. According to THN, Weekes is a restricted FA, my bet is that they'll keep him.
also the rumor about giving labarbera a chance in the nhl as well, which i'd like to see. can't really judge on him on last seasons games, especially the avalanche or the sens games. we play like **** in both of those and never gave him a chance, plus he was a call up for dunham injuries on short notice.

still, i wish we didn't give up jussi. i liked him a lot as a backup.

Old
06-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Taz

I have been saying Paul Kariya would be a nice signing, as we are weak on LW he's got a good attutude and still a very good player. 1st Line with Jagr as we dont have a bonafide LW atm, or To streangthen the 2nd line,

Kariya - Lundmark/Immonen - Balej

He is also what 29? thats not too old and him here for say 3+ seasons would be alright till we get on out feet as a contender.

For a 1 year deal Shanahan, adds some toughness and scoring and leadership/experience. Which could see us through the poor season we will have this time.

Old
06-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I think we will sign guys who would normally be RFA's any other year. Reading Renney's comments at the recent fan fest makes me think this. He said something along the lines that other teams are not going to be able to keep all thier RFA's and may have to cut some lose. Will Ottawa be able to keep all those guys they have there?
We also have to consider others who will be bought out. Not that I want either of these guys, but I know Philly will be buying out atleast LeClair, maybe Amonte with him. Dallas i'm sure is another team that will be making changes and doing some buyouts. Arnott is a player I would be interested in from them.
I agree with Kariya also. No one in Hardford that can play LW showed that they are ready for a top line job. I wouldn't mind Kariya at all if he is willing to sign for a reasonable amount and years.

Old
06-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Zhitnik? Are you joking? He's a glorified Malakhov!

And Kariya? Cmon! He is in decline.

I suggest Rucinsky. Got nothing else.

Old
06-22-2005, 05:15 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart

Ruchinsky and Leetch I could see the Rangers signing. Leetch only if they buyout Kasp.

Old
06-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Large_Farva*

Quote:

Rucinsky? Sure he's played good on the Rangers but not top 6 forward good and he wll never be a good defensive player. Where does he fit?

Old
06-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Radek27

Quote:

I think Kariya can still be a major offensive force playing on the top line with a player like Jagr. Why would anyone take a player like Rucinsky, who by the way sounds like he doens't even want to come back, compared to a guy like Kariya who can add speed and scoring to the scoring lines? Rucinsky was here two times already and as you can see how much he helped us win............hell lets get Lindros, Nedved, Kovalev, and Leetch back too!

Old
06-22-2005, 05:27 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Rucinsky? Sure he's played good on the Rangers but not top 6 forward good and he wll never be a good defensive player. Where does he fit?
Rucinsky was better then average with the Rangers, his first stint (15games, 3 goals, 10 assists), his 2nd stint (69 games, 13 goals, 29 assists, 42 points)...not great but he was bumped around a lot. Jagr makes the players around him better and Rucinsky definitely have the tools to be a first liner with him. Plus im sure we could get him for under 3 million.

Old
06-22-2005, 06:02 PM
MojoJojo

The Rangers might be the only team that can afford Naslund and Forsberg. They want to play together, and they want a cup. Jagr Forsberg Naslund might be a complete disaster or one of the best lines in the history of hockey.

Of course, that might not be a wise move with all the other needs. Fits Sathers style to a T though.

Old
06-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
The Rangers might be the only team that can afford Naslund and Forsberg. They want to play together, and they want a cup.

Old
06-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Onion Boy

I say Rucinsky, Leetch, and a vet bottom-six forward.

I think Slats holds back on the marquee names.

Old
06-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Kovy274Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
I think Kariya can still be a major offensive force playing on the top line with a player like Jagr. Why would anyone take a player like Rucinsky, who by the way sounds like he doens't even want to come back, compared to a guy like Kariya who can add speed and scoring to the scoring lines? Rucinsky was here two times already and as you can see how much he helped us win............hell lets get Lindros, Nedved, Kovalev, and Leetch back too!

Because Rucinsky fit in well here unlike all the big name piles of dirt they had who couldn't hack it.

He's also much more affordable than Kariya.

Martin had good chemistry with both Holik and Jagr.

Old
06-22-2005, 09:08 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
The Rangers might be the only team that can afford Naslund and Forsberg. They want to play together, and they want a cup. Jagr Forsberg Naslund might be a complete disaster or one of the best lines in the history of hockey.

Of course, that might not be a wise move with all the other needs. Fits Sathers style to a T though.
if they want a cup then the rangers aren't their team...but if they are looking to get a head start on summer vacation we are the team

Old
06-22-2005, 09:13 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
True enough. I knew I should have added a snarky comment to that, but I try not to be too insulting on other fans boards when I can help it.

Old
06-22-2005, 09:16 PM
BwayBshirt

rucinsky or stillman for the LW spot. Leetch possibly on D. and maybe an enforcer/tough guy type.

basically what sjb said.

Old
06-22-2005, 09:30 PM
pld459666

I'd like to see

the Rangers sign Aucoin and Stillman maybe even Rucinsky. Martin seems ot be one of the few players that excels in NY.

Stillman would be a good player due to his ability to play C and Wing and Adrian Aucoin would provide the Rangers a nice mix of both offensive production (not great but solid) and defensive awareness.

Maybe they can get lucky and sign Foote as well.

Both would provide a nice veteran presence to what appears to be a young group of defence.

Aucoin, Foote, Kaspar, Rachunek, Tyutin and Kondratiev would have a nice loot to it.

Old
06-22-2005, 09:32 PM
pld459666

he's not that bad a

Quote:
defensive player. The games that he's played while with the Rangers he's been very solid in both ends.

he's a more safer option than most other UFA's/.

Old
06-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Onion Boy

Alot of names on this thread (Kariya, Shanahan, Aucoin, Foote, etc.) will probably not sign with the Rangers if they can help it. They all want to go to contending teams. The only reason they'd come to NY is if the better teams are all in cap trouble.

Old
06-22-2005, 10:30 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
Alot of names on this thread (Kariya, Shanahan, Aucoin, Foote, etc.) will probably not sign with the Rangers if they can help it. They all want to go to contending teams. The only reason they'd come to NY is if the better teams are all in cap trouble.
exactly we can't offer more $$ and will be bad, so its gonna be tough to convince top free agents to come here...but that imo could be a good thing because it forces the rangers to go get guys that will help the kids not simply throw $$ at the biggest names.

Old
06-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Because Rucinsky fit in well here unlike all the big name piles of dirt they had who couldn't hack it.

He's also much more affordable than Kariya.

Martin had good chemistry with both Holik and Jagr.
Rucinsky is not a first line player. Why do we have to go into the season trying to finish last? I never understood this thinking. Jagr is a total waste if you don't give him a top line player on the other wing and at center. I'm not saying fill the whole team up with FA's, but atleast try to get a good first line togeather and a top d pairing. Let the 2nd line and 4th lines be the hungry kids and put up a good first scoring line and a good checking line (Holik RENNEY!). Now I would take Rucinsky back to play wing on the 3rd line with Holik, but I would rather see Ortmeyer who is proven and maybe Murray or another guy on the brink from Hardford get a chance to learn from Holik.

And what your saying is we have had enough of guys like Kariya, but I think the team has also had enough of guys who just come here for the money, and it sounds like that is pretty much all Rucinsky would come for since he is still PO'd that we traded him twice now.

Old
06-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Kovy274Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
Rucinsky is not a first line player. Why do we have to go into the season trying to finish last? I never understood this thinking. Jagr is a total waste if you don't give him a top line player on the other wing and at center. I'm not saying fill the whole team up with FA's, but atleast try to get a good first line togeather and a top d pairing. Let the 2nd line and 4th lines be the hungry kids and put up a good first scoring line and a good checking line (Holik RENNEY!). Now I would take Rucinsky back to play wing on the 3rd line with Holik, but I would rather see Ortmeyer who is proven and maybe Murray or another guy on the brink from Hardford get a chance to learn from Holik.

And what your saying is we have had enough of guys like Kariya, but I think the team has also had enough of guys who just come here for the money, and it sounds like that is pretty much all Rucinsky would come for since he is still PO'd that we traded him twice now.

Why? Because that's the harsh reality. This team is going nowhere next year. No big name free agents are going to want to play here. And why should they?

It's not an attractive option anymore.

Serviceable guys like Rucinsky who have already proven to be interchangeable make the most sense for this team. P.S. I don't buy the whole point of him being angry. He got dealt to a playoff team. He knew he could always return the following summer.

This team has enough guys already. We don't need an Adam Foote or an Aucoin or Leetch hogging up minutes.

Not when you still have Poti, Kasparaitis, the two Russians to fill our your top four and Rachunek, Pock and Lampman to battle it out for the other two spots.

Old
06-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Large_Farva*

I think most of you people are forgetting that players do actually want to play on the Rangers.

Closed Thread