HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

zubov

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Taz

vCash: 500
zubov

Just thinking why not get him back for a couple of seasons, he is younger then leetch and good on the powerplay. we need at least 1 vet, get rid of rachunek in a package deal.

what do u think?

Old
06-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
I love Zubov but I don't think it would be right to bring him back in a rebuild.

Old
06-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Fletch

No to Zubov...

If I were going to bring back Leetch, I'd bring back Leetch. Zubov's only two years younger, so he ain't no spring chicken either. In a vet I'd be looking for a leader, which I don't think Sergei is.

Old
06-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

I love Zubov, trading him away was the second biggest mistake Smith made (the Nordstrom deal was the biggest). That said, Leetch would be a better fit hands down. Bring back Leetch!

Old
06-27-2005, 02:23 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I love Zubov, trading him away was the second biggest mistake Smith made (the Nordstrom deal was the biggest). That said, Leetch would be a better fit hands down. Bring back Leetch!
Agree on all accounts, Brook!

Old
06-27-2005, 03:12 PM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Agreed! The franchise has gone downhill since the trades you mentioned.The Nordstrom trade ranks as one of the worst in Ranger history. The Middleton trade for Hodge may have been the worst of all. Hoqwever, Smith ran the franchise into the ground.

Old
06-29-2005, 01:17 AM
SML

If we are going to rebuild, lets rebuild. Bringing in guys who are in their mid/late 30's is what has kept us from sucking just enough to never truly benefit from sucking. THe lack of a dominant guy for the PP (which sucked WITH Leetch, btw) creates a terrific opportunity for a young player to step up and become that dominant guy. In order for young talent to excel, it has to be given the chance to do so. I love Leetch, but the 90s are over. It's time to move on... no Zubov, no Leetch, IMO.

Old
06-29-2005, 04:56 AM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
Just thinking why not get him back for a couple of seasons, he is younger then leetch and good on the powerplay. we need at least 1 vet, get rid of rachunek in a package deal.

what do u think?
It would be nice to have him but if I had to pick between Zubov and Leetch it would be Leetch hands down. Alot of posters will proulbly say neither stay with youth but on A rebiulding team Leetch would be a big help to help with the youth movement. Heart and talant which Leetch is loaded with could only be A plus.

Old
06-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Fletch

Makes sense SML...

the 90s are over so let's bring in Zubov...thought Zuby had his best years in the 90s, and at 35, isn't 25 anymore. All else being nearly equal, if I'm bringing in a vet to fill a hole, I want to bring in a Leetch-type, a teacher and a leader. No slight to Zubov.

Closed Thread