HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

9/27 game - is anyone listening?

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 07:54 PM
DarioinDenver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup
just to correct your spelling of names dario...

robitaille not robitide
willsie not wilsie
belanger nor belange

avs pp coming up
Thanks, if you want my postings expect a lot of misspellings.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:58 PM
DarioinDenver

Forsberg dropped his gloves against Avery. Bates pulled Avery away from Forsberg.

First time Forsberg has EVER dropped gloves that I've heard of.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:59 PM
avs1dacup

figures, avery's been running forsberg all night like the typical cheap POS he is.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Give Avery credit, he has really gotten Forsberg off his game tonight. Peter hasn't been a factor.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:00 PM
4hockey8

Keep posting Dario, I'll take the misspellings!!

Old
09-27-2003, 08:01 PM
DarioinDenver

I think the Avalanche are getting just a little ticked off with all this stuff, especially because it's preseason. Lappy just pushed Worrell and skated away when Worrell skated after him.

With Smith, McAllister and Worrell in the lineup I wouldn't be suprised if things got nasty very soon. Murray had best start giving some orders out there because it sounds like he has the orders against Forsberg.

Bates kicked out of the game for interfearing in the fight. Forsberg 5 for fighting, 10 game misconduct. Avery gets 5 and 10. Smith gets 2 for roughing, Lappy gets 2 for something. After all that it's all even and Bates is kicked from the game.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
I think the Avalanche are getting just a little ticked off with all this stuff, especially because it's preseason. Lappy just pushed Worrell and skated away when Worrell skated after him.

With Smith, McAllister and Worrell in the lineup I wouldn't be suprised if things got nasty very soon. Murray had best start giving some orders out there because it sounds like he has the orders against Forsberg.

Bates kicked out of the game for interfearing in the fight. Forsberg 5 for fighting, 10 game misconduct. Avery gets 5 and 10. Smith gets 2 for roughing, Lappy gets 2 for something. After all that it's all even and Bates is kicked from the game.
ridiculous.......

Old
09-27-2003, 08:03 PM
DarioinDenver

Quote:

By against Forsberg, I mean the mugging technique we've seen in the past. In the preseason it makes little sense to me.

Kings are closing in on 50 shots for the night.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Jori

I don't see how you can get on LA's case for going after Forsberg; a smart team would try to take him out of his game. Now Colorado's best offensive player is gone. Peter has to be accountable for his part.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:05 PM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
By against Forsberg, I mean the mugging technique we've seen in the past. In the preseason it makes little sense to me.

Kings are closing in on 50 shots for the night.

OK, I think the really crappy thing about this sort of thing in the preseason is that the Avs aren't even playing Blake, Foote, or the STP line. So they can totally focus on Forsberg line....

Aubin with a penalty. Kings on the PP.

Belanger and Worrell get matching penalties for pushing. Belanger was making fun of Worrell by stumbling and Worrell took exception.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:05 PM
avs1dacup

my god, the refs need to pretend that those whistles are a big fat c*** and swallow it like they're used to. this is absolutely rediculous. there is NO reason to call every bump or every tap a penalty. hope like no other that these 2 boneheads NEVER ref a game together in the regular season.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Jori

Armstrong scores, that should wrap it up. Can't fault Aebi, otherwise this game would really have been ugly. Ugly game for Colorado as a whole, fortunately its preseason.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:07 PM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
I don't see how you can get on LA's case for going after Forsberg; a smart team would try to take him out of his game. Now Colorado's best offensive player is gone. Peter has to be accountable for his part.

I got a problem with thug tactics in a preseason environment. I got no problem with Avery trying to get Forsberg off his game. I do have a problem with the other physical stuff that's being reported. I see the other side of the arguement but do you run a goaltender in the preseason? I don't think so. I can see why a guy like Avery would do anything they possibly could to win a position on the club however.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:09 PM
DarioinDenver

Well that was as ugly as it gets.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:11 PM
nathan

So how many actual fights?

Or were teams just taking runs at each other?

I'm actually surprised by this. I'm not sure if we've really built a heated rivalry w/ the Kings or not...I certainly wouldn't think so...maybe with the Nucks or Wild, but hmm...

Old
09-27-2003, 08:13 PM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan

I'm actually surprised by this. I'm not sure if we've really built a heated rivalry w/ the Kings or not...I certainly wouldn't think so...maybe with the Nucks or Wild, but hmm...
None really, just wrestling matches. Avalanche were on their heals the entire game really. There was a bit of a scrum at the end of the contest but was seperated quickly. Sure doesn't seem that there's any love lost between these teams. Hockey players have pretty long memories too.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:13 PM
Jori

When did Avery run the goaltender? I believe it was Frolov who got the interference call and I don't think many would accuse him of gooning it up. Maybe we were listening to a different game. I can't see where you can call fault with Avery when we know that at times Forsberg can be very gullible and allow himself to be drawn into such distractions. Forsberg initiates as much as he takes. Avery as far as I can tell did his job as an agitator in this game. We can accuse the refs of not letting them play, but at some point you have to point the finger at the players.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:15 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
McAllister gets in a fight with Redden, They immediately fell to the ice. Nothing to report.
I'm sure your ears deceive you, Dario. Most likely was Kip Brennan, which probably sounds like Redden with the Avs announcing crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
This is televised for you guys is it not??
The Avs never, ever ever ever, televise preseason games.

As for the mugging of Forsberg, I know the Kings played him tough with Avery and Laperriere on the same line the last time they played in the regular season. Knowing how Forsberg is, I think it's pretty over-the-top to say he's being mugged or ran at based on the Avs radio call. Have you ever known the Avs radio call to see Forsberg objectively? Same theory as having the Avs TV broadcasters watch countless replays of him crosschecking Chara in retaliation and then complain that he gets a penalty because they don't want to see what Forsberg does. Ditto his spear on Hatcher. I'm sure Avery has been aggravating him to no end, but I hate it when people start calling it a mugging or thuggery. It's that much worse when based on a radio call. I would never be so confident in somebody else's eyesight as to state things as fact based on someone else's call of the game. It likely was not as big a deal as the Haynes-Jones made it sound like. Not to suggest it's minor either, but I would think the reality lies somewhere in between.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:15 PM
4hockey8

OK, so who are the final 3 cuts, in your opinion(s)?

Old
09-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Jori

After tonight's game if DJ Smith isn't gone, somebody needs to smack Granato upside the head. The three rookies fighting for a spot (outside of Sauve) continue to impress, its going to be tough for the coaching staff to make a decision. You would still think they would probably cut Svatos and McCormick, but they are making it very difficult.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:19 PM
DarioinDenver

No, I used running the goaltender as an example of going over the line in preseason. Just pointing out that it is different and that there is a line. Avery did his job. I understand Peter's issues with that distraction. Forsberg was getting tied up behind the play, was getting the double penalties from retaliating and drew a penalty because of a hard and high hit. If any of this is historically accurate with what I've seen from the Kings in the past then I know exactly how they played Forsberg. I'm suprised they would employ it in a preseason game. Nothing stopping them, I just find it frustrating. I guess because it works.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:21 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

i still hold out that Svatos will be playing 3rd line this year.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Yayo

Quote:
Forsberg dropped his gloves against Avery. Bates pulled Avery away from Forsberg.

First time Forsberg has EVER dropped gloves that I've heard of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colosilverado
What will happen next? Foppa dropping the gloves?
Wow.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan

I was at the game in Vegas last year and from what I gathered by talking to Kings fans, they view this as a very heated rivalry. I still don't see it that way though. In think our top three rivalries are DET, VAN, DAL in that order.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Jori

<b>Game Summary</b>

<i>Scoring</i>

Period 1

None

Period 2

LA 2:56 Luc Robitaille 3 (power play) (Derek Armstrong, Mattias Norstrom)
COL 15:35 Cody McCormick 1 (penalty shot)

Period 3

LA 9:12 Eric Belanger 1 (Sean Avery, Mattias Norstrom)
LA 16:49 Derek Armstrong 1 (power play) (Luc Robitaille, Trent Klatt)

<i>Power Play</i>

LA 2-8
COL 0-6

<i>Shots</i>

LA 46-21

<i>Goaltenders</i>

Cechmanek 20-21
Aebischer 43-46

<i>Up next</i>

The Avs return to action on Thursday night against the Stars. It's possible the final roster may be set before that game.

Closed Thread