HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Havlat to Phoenix

Old
08-21-2013, 07:27 AM
RABBIT
KILLAFORNIA KING

vCash: 500
Havlat to Phoenix

We have an open spot on either the 1st line if we decide to move Boedker down to the 2nd line (when he signs) or the 2nd line if we decide to keep Boeds on the 1st line. Didn't seem to really work out with Havlat and San Jose, and I think he would be a very solid fit on our Czech line (With Hanzal and Vrbata.)

What would it take?

RABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Sharppi
6 more years of Dub.

vCash: 1139
Take Heatley! One Heatley for anything that resembles a defensive Dman that can keep the crease clear! Cap hit doesn't really matter.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
Havlat may not even play this season based on what Sharks fans have wrote. Major injury.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Havlat may not even play this season based on what Sharks fans have wrote. Major injury.
He'll play. He's already skating.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Well then...Looks like Allan Walsh broke the news on twitter. If he's truly healthy enough to play, then a trade is possible with SJ's cap situation.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

It would make no sense to trade Havlat for nothing to a team in the division. It looks like he is going to play for us this year and he has more value to us playing than playing for another team in the division.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Pheasant the peasant
Salary Kapanen

Havlat actually played with Vrbata before in Chicago, although I don't seem to remember them on a line together very often.

If Havlat is going to be moved, then some forward depth would have to go back to San Jose. They have no reason to want futures, since they can win now. Can Phoenix spare a servicable forward and a servicable defenseman?

I don't know if any deal would make sense for the Sharks, as Havlat's value has never been lower, but if he is back in form he could bring alot to a team. Trading him is average risk, low reward.

Pheasant the peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Canadian Canuck
Virtanen!

vCash: 100
Klesla for Havlat

Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:03 AM
bansheebeat
Cherry-Coloured Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheasant the peasant View Post
Havlat actually played with Vrbata before in Chicago, although I don't seem to remember them on a line together very often.

If Havlat is going to be moved, then some forward depth would have to go back to San Jose. They have no reason to want futures, since they can win now. Can Phoenix spare a servicable forward and a servicable defenseman?

I don't know if any deal would make sense for the Sharks, as Havlat's value has never been lower, but if he is back in form he could bring alot to a team. Trading him is average risk, low reward.
When Havlat is healthy I'm as big a fan as any, but today's Havlat does not get you a serviceable defenceman AND forward. In that kind of world, Liles still gets you a mid-round pick.

bansheebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheebeat View Post
When Havlat is healthy I'm as big a fan as any, but today's Havlat does not get you a serviceable defenceman AND forward. In that kind of world, Liles still gets you a mid-round pick.
We're not trying to trade him. We're fully aware that is value is low around the league; but we're not at the point where we're just going to dump him for scraps, so if somebody wants him, they'll have to make us an offer that makes us a better team. If you're looking to pick him up off of the bargain bin, don't bother.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

There's no reason to move Havlat, contrary to what non-Sharks fans on HF will tell you. When healthy, he's the ideal winger for either of Couture or Pavelski. And despite what people will tell you, he's an extremely talented hockey player who does tons for the Sharks. Have a look at the Sharks' record with and without him. It's striking.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:42 AM
do0glas

our cap situation doesnt force a trade. simple matter to put hertl in the AHL for part of the season.

a healthy havlat is good for us, if we traded him wed need a forward with top 6 potential though. cuz our line up without him is pretty barren

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:40 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

If Havlat is healthy, he would fit our team so we wouldn't want to trade him.

If not, we save his cap hit when he goes to IR, and we wouldn't be able to trade him anyways.

Havlat's contract is bad right now, but if he's healthy he can really help us in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanucks1 View Post
Klesla for Havlat
Our depth at D > our depth at either wing. It doesn't make sense for us.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Well then...Looks like Allan Walsh broke the news on twitter. If he's truly healthy enough to play, then a trade is possible with SJ's cap situation.
We'll give you Burish for a burrito.

It can be a bad burrito.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 01:29 PM
TheSandman

I'm sure i'm in the minority, but I would literally give away Havlat to make the cap space for some other forward depth. But I am highly biased against injury prone players; if I were a GM I would never sign a guy like that.

Yes, he's a good player when healthy, but he hasn't been great as a Shark either.

TheSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 01:59 PM
do0glas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSandman View Post
I'm sure i'm in the minority, but I would literally give away Havlat to make the cap space for some other forward depth. But I am highly biased against injury prone players; if I were a GM I would never sign a guy like that.

Yes, he's a good player when healthy, but he hasn't been great as a Shark either.
My only issue is that hes on the roster now, and there really isnt anyone out there that i would want if we got rid of havlat.

we dont have the pieces for a trade to get a legitimate forward back. we need to see if we can keep havlat healthy and producing this year, then next off-season we either can get some futures for him or use a compliance buy out, but its more than worth it to keep him around this year, just given our options.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 02:29 PM
TheSandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
My only issue is that hes on the roster now, and there really isnt anyone out there that i would want if we got rid of havlat.

we dont have the pieces for a trade to get a legitimate forward back. we need to see if we can keep havlat healthy and producing this year, then next off-season we either can get some futures for him or use a compliance buy out, but its more than worth it to keep him around this year, just given our options.
I definitely see the logic in that. Still, $5M opens up some doors via trade/free agency.

TheSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 03:34 PM
matt trick

Is anyone willing to offer up a young top 6 healthy, playmaking wing (preferably right handed) for Havlat? Didn't think so.

We need two things, the aforementioned top 6 wing, and a Top pairing puck-moving D, or top 6 winger to move Burns back. Havlat is significantly better than most playmaking wings, but he has less (often significantly) value than any that are even a tier below.

I'd much rather send Hertl down, waive Irwin/Hannan, or trade Kennedy/Burish/Demers then give away Havlat.

One other thing, with increased depth, and Hertl and Nieto, we are dramtically better equipped to replace an injured Havlat then we were last year. Nieto and Hertl may have futures as top 6 forwards. Kennedy and Torres can fill in as the #6 forward, and one Wingels or Sheppard may improve.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 03:54 PM
rt
Kim Jong-tipp

The last I heard, his injury was completely unprecedented and there was no way of telling how it might impact his ability to play. We can't afford to burn the budget space on a guy who may spend the entire year on the shelf.

08-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Vaasa

I would trade Havlat for futures if we could get Grabovski to sign as his replacement. Especially if it's for a bit less so that would have both Grabo and Hertl up at the same time.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 05:15 PM
DesertDawg

Havlat is the same age as Vrbata and from the same city, Mlada Boleslav, CZE...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Clarkington III
Rebuild? Refresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
I would trade Havlat for futures if we could get Grabovski to sign as his replacement. Especially if it's for a bit less so that would have both Grabo and Hertl up at the same time.
Something like this. Because the trade then becomes Havlat for whatever from the other team, FA you can sign (assuming they are already ready and just waiting for the transaction to take place) and can ice both the FA and Hertl in the line-up.

Clarkington III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:16 AM
SouthWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
This is what i've wanted since havlats dismal GP's numbers since being in SJ, not to mention that this injury is going to significantly affect his skating ability.

I'm 100% for trading havlat for what ever possible (even conditionals) if we could bring in Grabo.

FORWARDS
Tomas Hertl ($1.350m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Raffi Torres ($2.000m)
Joe Pavelski ($4.000m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($4.000m) / Tyler Kennedy ($2.350m)
Andrew Desjardins ($0.750m) / Adam Burish ($1.850m) / Tommy Wingels ($0.775m)
James Sheppard ($0.830m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Boyle ($6.667m) / Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($4.250m)
Brad Stuart ($3.600m) / Jason Demers ($1.500m)
Justin Braun ($1.250m) / Scott Hannan ($1.000m)
Matt Irwin ($1.000m) /
GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($3.800m)
Alex Stalock ($0.625m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,131,667; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $593,333

San jose instantly becomes a better team, that forward and defensive depth with multiple centre options would be amazing.

SouthWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 01:16 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
He's good for about 40 games a year

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 01:33 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Every flawed scoring forward to phoenix!

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote