HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mikhail Grabovski signs with Washington [1 year/$3 million] MOD warning post 352

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
well it makes sense with Ribiero gone. Did WSH do anything else this off season? Good move on their part to get some offense back

Grabo is a descent player

Old
08-22-2013, 02:42 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 126
Honestly, good for him to stepping up against Carlyle. I really like Carlyle but he simply under-used Grabovski. It was clear from day 1 that Grabovski wasn't going to be a mainstay with the Maple Leafs once Carlyle was in charge. He had every right to say what he did about his old coach and I'm sure Carlyle is wise/man enough to sweep it under the rug. The guy is a hard-worker and if anyone's here boss decided to cut their work-load in half because they didn't like you you would've felt the exact same way, Holymakinaw Grabovski has not been a distraction with Maple Leafs while he was here once, don't let any hating Maple Leafs fans here tell you otherwise.

Old
08-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Grabo and Ovi are both possession type players who like to carry the puck into the offensive zone .. Don't think they'd gel together well ...

Johansson - Grabo - Brouwer could be a deadly line though .. Good pickup for the Caps if true, always loved Grabo on the Leafs
I agree that they are both possession players. That is why I put Erat on the Right Wing...Erat is a bit like a Center in that he actually looks to pass first and so he would be a great fit with the 2 Russians.

Also, Grabovski can be a good passer when he wants to be...and playing with Ovy, I'm sure he will understand that he needs to share the puck. Ovy is also an underrated passer despite being mainly a goal-scorer. These are not 1-dimensional players...Grabovski typically ends up with more assistant than goals.

Old
08-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Holymakinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer Bell View Post
All of that was after he was bought out. So that disproves your point. Only time he was ever a distraction on any of the teams he has played on was at the end of his time in Montreal.
Oh yeah. I'm sure he was all sunshine & lollipops all season long, until he was shocked by the unfair buyout. A model citizen, huh?

Old
08-22-2013, 02:44 PM
sillygoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holymakinaw View Post
Uh......did you ever read his public tirade? Here it is again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...232028600.html

"I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what's going to happen? He make me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again," Grabovski spewed. "Yeah, I don't score goals. I need to work more about that. I know that. But if you feel support from your coach [you'll find success]. I don't feel any support from this [expletive] idiot."

[...] "Wilson [expletive] pushed me same hard as this," Grabovski said, months of frustration finally bubbling to the surface, "but don't be an [expletive] with me. If you don't like something tell [expletive] right away, don't put me on the bench, healthy scratch [me] or something. Don't put me on a [expletive] third line and then [expletive] play me six minutes in a game."

It's OBVIOUS that he was unhappy and pouting about getting 3rd & 4th line duties. He says it himself.

And I was never expecting 1st line point production from him, while in this role. I was, however, expecting him to suck it up and play hard and maybe spend more than 3 seconds playing DEFENCE.

He's a suck.
He said quotes during season, as you mentioned he said. He said those things as a free agent, did he not?
Oh maybe you should have kept reading
Quote:
Grabovski held his tongue for much of the year, but the buyout was the last straw.

Old
08-22-2013, 02:45 PM
leafs in five

Quote:
Uh......did you ever read his public tirade? Here it is again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...232028600.html
this was after he'd been bought out. you've stated repeatedly that he'd been pouting and complaining all season long, and used it to explain his poor season. i never heard him complain all season. clearly he was not happy with how he was used but it's not true when you suggest that he was openly complaining about it all season and causing problems in the room.

Old
TOML

GMGM out-GM'd by himself again. Caps problems are cloudy, but Grabo's not the answer.

Old
Stringer Bell

Quote:
Oh yeah. I'm sure he was all sunshine & lollipops all season long, until he was shocked by the unfair buyout. A model citizen, huh?

So you're just guessing then?

Old
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 126
Quote:

All season long he was quoted as saying he was just going to work his tail off even harder so that the coach would give him opportunities. Your post is typically made up of conjecture. Carry on though, I guess

Old
08-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Deebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Awesome. You're going to love him in Washington. Lots of skill, laser wrister, never stays down, and might actually be certifiably insane
But he still spends more time on his ass than most players, since he is so easy to knock down.

Not constantly getting put your ass is better than getting up quickly when you do.

Old
08-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Holymakinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
He said quotes during season, as you mentioned he said. He said those things as a free agent, did he not?
Oh maybe you should have kept reading
Yes, I said he was POUTING all season, while being dumped on the 3rd & 4th lines. And he was.

AFTER he was bought out, he became vocal & public with it.

Pretty obvious, no?

Old
08-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Binary Code
How do I change that

vCash: 50
Well it's an upgrade compare to Ribeiro

Old
08-22-2013, 02:48 PM
do0glas

I wish we could sign grabo, stupid cap.

you could equally say the coach was being very passive aggressive with him by just randomly scratching him or cutting his minutes drastically. although its always a bad idea to air dirty laundry. just never looks good.

ill be watching him on the caps though.

Old
08-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Erik Estrada
Pinotte

If its confirmed it's on a reduced salary, it's a great signing for the Caps.

Old
08-22-2013, 02:55 PM
shaner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Code View Post
You sure don't know hockey. Riberio is leagues and worlds better then grabovski. Not even remotely close

Old
08-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Holymakinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
All season long he was quoted as saying he was just going to work his tail off even harder so that the coach would give him opportunities. Your post is typically made up of conjecture. Carry on though, I guess
Uh.....yeah, that venom in his tirade just came out of nowhere. It wasn't bubbling up to the surface all year long at all. That's right. He was TOTALLY HAPPY up until the buyout, right?

Old
08-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Funk21

I haven't read every single page but everybody is saying 4-4.5 million per for 5 yrs. If this is the case why wouldn't anybody offer up a pick with retained salary to take Grabo of our hands?. It just doesn't make sense!

Old
08-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Deebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Code View Post
Ribeiro has outscored Grabovski every year they've been in the NHL.

Grabovski's career high is 58 points, Ribeiro has surpassed that total 6 times.

Ribeiro career PPG is .776, Grabovski .591

Old
08-22-2013, 02:59 PM
discobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Grabovski will be a nice pick-up for the Caps. Capable of scoring 20+ goals from the 2nd line and will be no slouch defensively. Are there any pass-first top-6ers with whom the Caps can match Grabovski with?
Erat or Johansson

Old
08-22-2013, 03:00 PM
discobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner89 View Post
You sure don't know hockey. Riberio is leagues and worlds better then grabovski. Not even remotely close
Not at even strength

Career ES pts per game:

.48 Ribeiro
.46 Grabovski

Riberio is entering the twilight of his career, Grabovski is still in his prime. I don't see how it is not "remotely" close, especially when Ribeiro is pretty weak defensively.

Last edited by discobob: 08-22-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old
08-22-2013, 03:01 PM
The Winter Soldier

I want Grabo to play with Ovie, just because people always say he never plays with talented wingers. Well here is the most talented winger in hockey. Can he prop up Grabo? I doubt it.

But Here is Grabo's chance to prove he is not a tunnel visioned, shoot first center if he plays with Ovie.

If this happens I bet Ovie will break sticks in fustration with Grabo's lack of interest dishing off the puck to his wingers.

Old
08-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Dr John Carlson
Light is all over us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
I agree that they are both possession players. That is why I put Erat on the Right Wing...Erat is a bit like a Center in that he actually looks to pass first and so he would be a great fit with the 2 Russians.
Oates goes by a strict rule of handedness determining which wing you play on, hence Ovechkin playing RW. Erat will stay at LW, probably on the 2nd line.

Old
08-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Bobby Axelrod
HFBoards MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk21 View Post
I haven't read every single page but everybody is saying 4-4.5 million per for 5 yrs. If this is the case why wouldn't anybody offer up a pick with retained salary to take Grabo of our hands?. It just doesn't make sense!
Somehow I believe you when you say that you haven't read the whole thread

Old
08-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Alerion
Rescue Prison Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
there is a deafening silence from someone in this thread. cant put my finger on it.

Seems like a decent signing for the Caps, although obviously we won't know for sure until the details of the contract are released. I wish Grabo all the best.

Old
08-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Haka

Ribiero bled goals against during his caps year. Grabbo may not hit his offensive numbers but will be a better player for the team, especially the playoffs, for the Caps than him.

As a Canucks fan I was hoping we'd snag him on a year 1 year contract, so I'm hoping this doesn't go through afterall.

Closed Thread