HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Traverse City Tournament 2013

Old
09-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
Alright, alright, fair enough. Sorry guys. Can we still be friends?
I'm not there yet.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 09:26 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
FWIW, I'm tracking the stats for each player in the Prospects Thread.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 09:26 PM
PIM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I'm not there yet.
That's it I'm buying an Islanders jersey.

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Green Blob*

Here ya go guys, goals of the game:

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocen...sole?id=443275

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 09:31 PM
haveandare

OL looked pretty nice on all three goals. Kristo had some nice heads up plays also. Not bad for a loss.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 09:39 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Here ya go guys, goals of the game:

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocen...sole?id=443275
Impressive video quality at this link... I wish the NHL highlights looked this clear for me.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
So we own the Sabres tv rights. We own the network they get tv and crystal clear hights .. We get barely anything wow

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Traverse City is on about the ECHL level. It's different because these kids are (often) more talented and (always) much less experienced, but if you play well in Traverse, odds are pretty good that you can play in the ECHL. If you dominate at Traverse, you can play in at least the AHL, maybe the NHL. If you are having a hard time in Traverse, it's a sign that you are nowhere near ready for pro hockey at any level.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Impressive video quality at this link... I wish the NHL highlights looked this clear for me.
The camera crew is there to film footage for the next Beyond Blue & Gold episode, hence the high quality.

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 11:22 PM
PIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Traverse City is on about the ECHL level. It's different because these kids are (often) more talented and (always) much less experienced, but if you play well in Traverse, odds are pretty good that you can play in the ECHL. If you dominate at Traverse, you can play in at least the AHL, maybe the NHL. If you are having a hard time in Traverse, it's a sign that you are nowhere near ready for pro hockey at any level.
99.9% agreed, except I'd say that if you dominate at Traverse, you can play in the AHL. Don't forget that guys who are regular productive first liners in the AHL are bottom six players in the NHL- it's an entirely different level. That's not to say that if you play well or dominate Traverse you can't play in the NHL, but it also depends on player role and position. For a goal scorer like Kristo you expect production, for a two way pro like Lindberg you expect solid defensive play and offensive production, etc. Lindberg and Kristo aren't the kind of players you'd call up to play 5 minutes a night on the 4th line, like you would with regular AHL top 6 players such as Newbury, as an example. The standards are different.

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 11:28 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Happy to see Lindberg doing well. His stock as a prospect has really skyrocketed in the past year. Him and Kristo should have a shot at getting NHL time this year with the injuries to start out. Wouldn't rule Fast out either.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Lerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Happy to see Lindberg doing well. His stock as a prospect has really skyrocketed in the past year. Him and Kristo should have a shot at getting NHL time this year with the injuries to start out. Wouldn't rule Fast out either.
subjectively among the Rangers fan base, the first few months without NHL hockey also helped with some attention given to him and his good start in the SEL/SHL if I remember correctly

Lerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 12:00 AM
ColonialsHockey10

It's foolish to measure performance at this tournament.

Hagelin looked like ******* at TC in 2011. 2 months later he was playing like a good top 6 NHL forward.

Tim Erixon and Blake Parlett were fantastic. Both couldn't crack the NHL roster and Blake Parlett struggled in the AHL that season.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Still, it's encouraging that the players that should be doing well are doing well for once.

Goaltending and defense has been a bit of a **** show it seems, but that was completely expected also.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 12:03 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
subjectively among the Rangers fan base, the first few months without NHL hockey also helped with some attention given to him and his good start in the SEL/SHL if I remember correctly
Eh, I can count the number of prospects league wide that had a better season than Lindberg on one hand.

He had a very comparable season to Jakob Silfverberg's last in the SEL. If Lindberg were on Ottawa he would have a 500 post thread on the prospect board.

Old
09-07-2013, 12:05 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Still, it's encouraging that the players that should be doing well are doing well for once.

Goaltending and defense has been a bit of a **** show it seems, but that was completely expected also.
I realized my post could be a little misleading, my apologies.

Thrilled that our top guys are doing good, it's a good sign.

But TC shouldn't be used as a measuring stick for where to assign players in certain leagues.

Old
09-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Lerb

everyone is getting in trouble for not being positive

Old
09-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Aufheben
Global Moderator
#RollWithHayes

vCash: 69
If this team wins a Cup in say, 7 games, I have no doubt that there'd be (at least) one person complaining that it took too many games, or that we got lucky. "Play that Game 7 over 100 times and the Rangers probably only win 37% of the time."

Really great that the Lindberg Baby got a hatty, I'd love to see him crack the lineup this season.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 12:53 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Lindberg looks the most ready, Kristo was pretty soft defensively on that OT winner.

Most of the team are guys that are either pretty young or don't project to be much in the NHL.

I don't know how bad the goaltending has been and how much is to blame on pretty terrible defensive play. Skapski has at least one flukey goal and Malcolm didn't get a ton of help. Might be a different story if Nieves and Skjei are there IMHO.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 01:01 AM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
If this team wins a Cup in say, 7 games, I have no doubt that there'd be (at least) one person complaining that it took too many games, or that we got lucky. "Play that Game 7 over 100 times and the Rangers probably only win 37% of the time."

Really great that the Lindberg Baby got a hatty, I'd love to see him crack the lineup this season.
If we won the cup in a sweep there'd be posts with people *****ing about Michael Del Zotto's demeanor during the parade.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 01:03 AM
Aufheben
Global Moderator
#RollWithHayes

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
If we won the cup in a sweep there'd be posts with people *****ing about Michael Del Zotto's demeanor during the parade.
I'll be there with a carton of eggs just in case there's even one leather jacket under that Rangers jersey.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 06:48 AM
Lerb

This has become sort of a KLF thread. The more I watch Fasth, the more I see him being a better bottom 6 guy at some point this season compared to the option we currently have. If we are rolling on 9/3, he can definitely find ways to make thing happen.

Old
09-07-2013, 07:49 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Fast and Lindberg will both be top 6 fwds in the NHL in the future. Mark my words, been preaching this for a long time. But the real question is if they both will be Rangers at that point. I can see them being dealt to acquire pieces by Don Sather in a win now mode. Interesting times ahead...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Lerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Fast and Lindberg will both be top 6 fwds in the NHL in the future. Mark my words, been preaching this for a long time. But the real question is if they both will be Rangers at that point. I can see them being dealt to acquire pieces by Don Sather in a win now mode. Interesting times ahead...
Window wise, we're not so hard pressed that they won't get a shot to prove themselves. It's just a question of whether they're able to crack the current top 6, any top 6 within their first partial season and presumably a full season. With Cally out and Hagelin out and with our need for a top 6 LW*, Kristo and Fasth (Fasth being listed as RW/LW) has a better opportunity than what others have had in the past and certainly better than what centers and defensemen will have in the next few years.

The thing I'm so incredibly psyched for is the clean slate that everyone will have. The extra push for the player's sake, the team's sake, and their career's sake. Reformulate everything!

Given that AV apparently likes speedy wingers, Fasth should be able to find a role on the team esp. with LW/RW. It's just the question of whether he's physical enough and ready for the defensive side and other aspects of the NHL game.

Old
09-07-2013, 08:09 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
Window wise, we're not so hard pressed that they won't get a shot to prove themselves. It's just a question of whether they're able to crack the current top 6, any top 6 within their first partial season and presumably a full season. With Cally out and Hagelin out and with our need for a top 6 LW*, Kristo and Fasth (Fasth being listed as RW/LW) has a better opportunity than what others have had in the past and certainly better than what centers and defensemen will have in the next few years.

The thing I'm so incredibly psyched for is the clean slate that everyone will have. The extra push for the player's sake, the team's sake, and their career's sake. Reformulate everything!

Given that AV apparently likes speedy wingers, Fasth should be able to find a role on the team esp. with LW/RW. It's just the question of whether he's physical enough and ready for the defensive side and other aspects of the NHL game.
Stepan, Lindberg, Brassard and Nieves/stopgap down the middle. 2 years from now. Boyle a 4th line winger

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote