HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Uniforms (please!!)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-05-2013, 09:49 AM
  #176
Axl Rhoadz
Registered User
 
Axl Rhoadz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Delete

Axl Rhoadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 09:52 AM
  #177
Axl Rhoadz
Registered User
 
Axl Rhoadz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
it's the same problem they had back with the old Gretz era black and whites. by turning to a black as one of your two primary colors you completely limit yourself. hell black and white aren't even technically colors, they are shades (if my art class schooling decades ago was correct).

all you can do with black/white is what we've already seen. its the current home all black, or you do some kind of messed up concoction like the old Dallas jerseys with a white body and black shoulder/arm accents. essentially you end up with two different white jerseys that look different, in an effort to reduce the use of black. YAWN.....
For Gods sake, people.....get the **** over it already! Let's look at the bright side, NONE of you play for the Kings, so NONE of you have to worry about actually wearing this atrocity, right?

For reasons many of you can't seem to comprehend, this is a very popular jersey and its here to stay. Just think about all the money you'll be saving by not buying another jersey....and you can still continue to impress your girlfriends, the super hot ones, with the fabulous colors of purple, silver and gold.

Axl Rhoadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 09:56 AM
  #178
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Axl Rhoadz;70811915]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
it's the same problem they had back with the old Gretz era black and whites. by turning to a black as one of your two primary colors you completely limit yourself. hell black and white aren't even technically colors, they are shades (if my art class schooling decades ago was correct).

all you can do with black/white is what we've already seen. its the current home all black, or you do some kind of messed up concoction like the old Dallas jerseys with a white body and black shoulder/arm accents. essentially you end up with two different white jerseys that look different, in an effort to reduce the use of black. YAWN.....

For Gods sake, people.....get the **** over it already! Let's look at the bright side, NONE of you play for the Kings, so NONE of you have to worry about actually wearing this atrocity, right?

For reasons many of you can't seem to comprehend, this is a very popular jersey and its here to stay. Just think about all the money you'll be saving by not buying another jersey....and you can still continue to impress your girlfriends, the super hot ones, with the fabulous colors of purple, silver and gold.
Why should we get over it?

The jersey sells, because that's all they sell. Yes, I have saved money because I buy nothing with that crap logo and colors.

You can keep trying to influence with your inane insults, but it's not going to work.

The black uniform is and was overdone in the NHL. It's time to go back to the colors and crest that represent the team name. Again, the only reason the Kings wear the current color scheme that they have is due to Luc Robitaille's love of his junior team's colors. Is that a real reason for keeping them?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 09:59 AM
  #179
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
it's the same problem they had back with the old Gretz era black and whites. by turning to a black as one of your two primary colors you completely limit yourself. hell black and white aren't even technically colors, they are shades (if my art class schooling decades ago was correct).

all you can do with black/white is what we've already seen. its the current home all black, or you do some kind of messed up concoction like the old Dallas jerseys with a white body and black shoulder/arm accents. essentially you end up with two different white jerseys that look different, in an effort to reduce the use of black. YAWN.....



black and white are simply a horrible color palette to work with. case in point.....

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7ncX/2014-ford-focus-st-and-or
As I said, black uniforms in the NHL were way overdone. Teams like the Flyers, Stars, and Sharks are going back to their original primary colors. Luc should get with the program and do the same.

When the Kings wear what is currently their 3rd uniform, you see nothing but compliments about how good they look.

Black is not a color. Purple reigns.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:07 AM
  #180
Axl Rhoadz
Registered User
 
Axl Rhoadz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17

Why should we get over it?

Ummm, maybe because there is nothing that you or anyone else here is going to do about it? We'll start with that.

Axl Rhoadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:09 AM
  #181
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Axl Rhoadz;70812303]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post


Ummm, maybe because there is nothing that you or anyone else here is going to do about it? We'll start with that.
That's where you are wrong. The customer always has a voice, but it's nice to know that you will just go with the flow when they switch back to what they should be wearing.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:11 AM
  #182
Axl Rhoadz
Registered User
 
Axl Rhoadz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Again, the only reason the Kings wear the current color scheme that they have is due to Luc Robitaille's love of his junior team's colors. Is that a real reason for keeping them?
Please tell me you are joking. So Luc made the decision back in 88 too?

Why is it so hard for you to see this is a throwback to the Gretzky era?

Axl Rhoadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:14 AM
  #183
Axl Rhoadz
Registered User
 
Axl Rhoadz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

That's where you are wrong. The customer always has a voice, but it's nice to know that you will just go with the flow when they switch back to what they should be wearing.
I've never liked a jersey enough to purchase one until the current ones were released. Along with what looks to be 80% of Staples center, I'm thinking I'm not in the minority. But since you and the rest of the HF Board community are boycotting them, I'm sure this will eat into Lucs Xmas bonus and a change will be made immediately.

Axl Rhoadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:21 AM
  #184
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Please tell me you are joking. So Luc made the decision back in 88 too?

Why is it so hard for you to see this is a throwback to the Gretzky era?
This guy doesn't know his Kings' history very well. Luc suggested the colors to McNall and he went with Luc's suggestion.

Luc made the decision to go back to this crap now.

I don't want a throwback to the Gretzky era.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:24 AM
  #185
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
I've never liked a jersey enough to purchase one until the current ones were released. Along with what looks to be 80% of Staples center, I'm thinking I'm not in the minority. But since you and the rest of the HF Board community are boycotting them, I'm sure this will eat into Lucs Xmas bonus and a change will be made immediately.
80% of the sheeple will buy whatever they are selling, especially if it's the only thing they are selling. There have been polls done on which uniform people liked better. According to those polls (Rich Hammond did one), you are in the minority.

The ONLY reason that might have changed is due to winning the cup in that slop, and people have a tendency to get used to something.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:12 AM
  #186
Axl Rhoadz
Registered User
 
Axl Rhoadz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
80% of the sheeple will buy whatever they are selling, especially if it's the only thing they are selling. There have been polls done on which uniform people liked better. According to those polls (Rich Hammond did one), you are in the minority.

The ONLY reason that might have changed is due to winning the cup in that slop, and people have a tendency to get used to something.
So what you are basically saying is that Luc could give a crap about what would make this team the most money, he's only concerned with his own preference of 'colors' (not real colors of course), right?

Axl Rhoadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 12:13 PM
  #187
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
As I said, black uniforms in the NHL were way overdone. Teams like the Flyers, Stars, and Sharks are going back to their original primary colors. Luc should get with the program and do the same.
Wouldn't this now make the Kings somewhat more unique then? Not that purple and gold didn't.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 05:57 PM
  #188
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 11,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Do I give two sh**s about what the players like in a uniform? No, I am the customer here, not the players. The purple thirds is a uniform that any NHL player would be proud to wear.
You are contradicting yourself here. If you don't care what the players like, why bother mentioning they'd be proud to wear poypul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
80% of the sheeple will buy whatever they are selling, especially if it's the only thing they are selling. There have been polls done on which uniform people liked better. According to those polls (Rich Hammond did one), you are in the minority.

The ONLY reason that might have changed is due to winning the cup in that slop, and people have a tendency to get used to something.
Oh yeah? Well Jason Lewis did a poll and he is like the Gallup of jersey polls so there! See below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
I think the sales figures are the only poll that matters and something tells me jersey sales are doing just fine. I don't think people will just buy whatever they are selling or they wouldn't bother to overhaul the jerseys every year. I mean is Luc that much of a jersey fascist that he disregards the fans and whatever sales implications that might have? I don't believe it. Maybe he was molested by Grimace and abused by the Fry Guy as a child? Anything is possible.. Ask Kevin Garnett! But really, if people favored the purple and gold (or grimace and fry guy as i call it) you'd see more people wearing the hats and tees they sell in those colors. I think the younger generation like those for novelty reasons than anything and that is why you do see young and old wearing those colors. Once the current thirds go on sale, I'm sure they'll sell well but the black and silver will be the dominant colors in the bleachers.

We're all entitled to our opinions but I think it would behoove us all to let go of our inner Sean Avery and not concern ourselves with the contemporary nhl laundry. I'm personally indifferent to just about all kings jerseys. They are what they are. And that makes me a better fan with better fashion sense than the rest of you.

Sorry to join in on the fun. I'm bored on business and have been getting a chuckle out of all the nonsense written here. But I do believe jerseys and merch in general is 100% motivated by sales and the current jerseys made the jump from 3rd to primary once the test was deemed a success.

Signed,

Ronery in Atranta

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 06:04 PM
  #189
Axl Rhoadz
Registered User
 
Axl Rhoadz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
. But I do believe jerseys and merch in general is 100% motivated by sales and the current jerseys made the jump from 3rd to primary once the test was deemed a success.

Stop making sense, we'll have none of that here.

Axl Rhoadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 06:24 PM
  #190
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
You are contradicting yourself here. If you don't care what the players like, why bother mentioning they'd be proud to wear poypul?

Signed,

Ronery in Atranta
No contradiction, I don't give a flip if the players like the black uniforms, yet I think they would be perfectly happy wearing the purple. Where's the contradiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I think the sales figures are the only poll that matters and something tells me jersey sales are doing just fine. I don't think people will just buy whatever they are selling or they wouldn't bother to overhaul the jerseys every year.
How can you have a poll based on sales when you only sell one thing?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 06:30 PM
  #191
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 11,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
No contradiction, I don't give a flip if the players like the black uniforms, yet I think they would be perfectly happy wearing the purple. Where's the contradiction?
Why do you care if they would be proud to wear purple if it doesn't matter to you what the player like? Maybe the players would be proud to wear pink for utter cancer awareness all year? Then we can call the cheap seats at staples mammary nation!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 06:35 PM
  #192
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 11,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post


How can you have a poll based on sales when you only sell one thing?
They don't sell one thing. The current jerseys were originally the thirds. They elected to change. Was that to decrease sales or to appease the czar of jerseys? They then went on to sell the blacks, whites and black/purple for a few years. Look in the stands at what jersey has been represented the most since those first went on sale and more than likely the reason they elected to change. Again, they passed the testing phase.

I'm not saying you can't have your opinion but the proof is in the pudding my friend. Beauty is in the eyenof the beholder. And again, I really don't care if they wore tie dye. I don't have a dog in this fight.

Edit: If those poypul jerseys start selling like hot cakes once they go on sale, they'll probably eventually make the switch to those. Vote with your wallet when that happens.


Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 09-05-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 06:54 PM
  #193
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Why do you care if they would be proud to wear purple if it doesn't matter to you what the player like? Maybe the players would be proud to wear pink for utter cancer awareness all year? Then we can call the cheap seats at staples mammary nation!
I don't care, but I can still think the players would be fine with the purple uniforms.

If they don't like the purple and the fans do, too damn bad. Does that make it clear enough for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
They don't sell one thing. The current jerseys were originally the thirds. They elected to change. Was that to decrease sales or to appease the czar of jerseys? They then went on to sell the blacks, whites and black/purple for a few years. Look in the stands at what jersey has been represented the most since those first went on sale and more than likely the reason they elected to change. Again, they passed the testing phase.

I'm not saying you can't have your opinion but the proof is in the pudding my friend. Beauty is in the eyenof the beholder. And again, I really don't care if they wore tie dye. I don't have a dog in this fight.

Edit: If those poypul jerseys start selling like hot cakes once they go on sale, they'll probably eventually make the switch to those. Vote with your wallet when that happens.
Some of you have really short memories. Shortly after the new POS came out as the third jerseys, the Kings quit bringing in any more authentic jerseys for sale other than the current POS making it obvious that they were going to switch to the POS we have today. When have they ever sold the authentic purple jersey that will be the third jerseys this season? They haven't. Who controls that?

Again, the sheeple buy the authentics that are available, and there is only ONE.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 07:07 PM
  #194
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 21,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This guy doesn't know his Kings' history very well. Luc suggested the colors to McNall and he went with Luc's suggestion.

Luc made the decision to go back to this crap now.

I don't want a throwback to the Gretzky era.
But you'd be ok with the throwback purple and gold of the Cooke era?

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 07:19 PM
  #195
The Butcher
Gutless
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mammoth
Country: United States
Posts: 2,538
vCash: 500
Why was the Avery thread killed? Is that not an interesting topic of discussion?

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 07:31 PM
  #196
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
But you'd be ok with the throwback purple and gold of the Cooke era?
Yes, as would many other fans. I don't think they can ever go back to the gold jersey though. There have been many photoshopped versions of a white jersey with purple and gold trim that look great.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 08:14 PM
  #197
thefizzle656
Registered User
 
thefizzle656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I don't care, but I can still think the players would be fine with the purple uniforms.

If they don't like the purple and the fans do, too damn bad. Does that make it clear enough for you?



Some of you have really short memories. Shortly after the new POS came out as the third jerseys, the Kings quit bringing in any more authentic jerseys for sale other than the current POS making it obvious that they were going to switch to the POS we have today. When have they ever sold the authentic purple jersey that will be the third jerseys this season? They haven't. Who controls that?

Again, the sheeple buy the authentics that are available, and there is only ONE.
Actually authentic purple heritage jerseys were available for a VERY short period of time. Reebok is in complete control of what jerseys are available to the public. If a jersey is available for sale it's because Reebok wants it to be, and if a jersey isn't it's because Reebok has decided. Teams have very little say in the matter.

Either way, why do people get so upset over a freaking jersey?

thefizzle656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 08:31 PM
  #198
thefizzle656
Registered User
 
thefizzle656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefizzle656 View Post
Actually authentic purple heritage jerseys were available for a VERY short period of time. Reebok is in complete control of what jerseys are available to the public. If a jersey is available for sale it's because Reebok wants it to be, and if a jersey isn't it's because Reebok has decided. Teams have very little say in the matter.

Either way, why do people get so upset over a freaking jersey?
Actually somewhat related to this, the Kings wanted to wear the purple Vintage jerseys for the 2012 SC Finals instead of the current Home jerseys and asked the NHL for permission but were denied because Reebok hadn't produced any jerseys to be sold to the public and it would have meant no jersey sales. So blame Reebok for the Kings not wearing purple during the Finals.

thefizzle656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 08:37 PM
  #199
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefizzle656 View Post
Actually authentic purple heritage jerseys were available for a VERY short period of time. Reebok is in complete control of what jerseys are available to the public. If a jersey is available for sale it's because Reebok wants it to be, and if a jersey isn't it's because Reebok has decided. Teams have very little say in the matter.

Either way, why do people get so upset over a freaking jersey?
I don't recall authentic purple jerseys ever being available at TEAM LA. So you're telling me if the Kings wanted to buy authentic purple jerseys to sell at TEAM LA, Reebok wouldn't sell them to the Kings? Give me a link, because I don't believe you.

Why do you care that I care? I want to buy the freakin' jersey that I like, not the POS black one. Why does that matter to you?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 09:39 PM
  #200
EmperorPenguin
Registered User
 
EmperorPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefizzle656 View Post
Actually somewhat related to this, the Kings wanted to wear the purple Vintage jerseys for the 2012 SC Finals instead of the current Home jerseys and asked the NHL for permission but were denied because Reebok hadn't produced any jerseys to be sold to the public and it would have meant no jersey sales. So blame Reebok for the Kings not wearing purple during the Finals.
Did you hear that or did you read that somewhere? Cause as far as I know or anything I've ever read is that all teams have to make their jersey choices prior to the playoffs so no thirds or vintage of those sorts once they pick their home and road. That's an NHL thing not a Reebok thing.

EmperorPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.