HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrei Markov

Old
08-23-2013, 07:34 PM
SB164

vCash: 500
Andrei Markov

It's evident that Andrei Markov's skating is not what it used to be but he's still one of the premier powerplay QBs in the league. He's 34 years old, with a caphit of $5.75 million coming off the books next year.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:34 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
top 6 fwd

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

He'd fetch a 1st round + A prospect at the deadline if the Habs were out of the playoffs.

Benedict Kovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Kovalchuk View Post
He'd fetch a 1st round + A prospect at the deadline if the Habs were out of the playoffs.
If they don't trade him now, I highly doubt that they trade him at the deadline as I see the Habs in the playoffs.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:45 PM
sansabri
HF's Grateful Dead

i really think he's going to retire as a Hab. i can't fathom seeing him wearing another jersey unless it's outside the NHL.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
top 6 fwd
I don't see him fetching a Top 6 forward at this point in his career, at least not unless something else is included in the deal.

I can see Markov and another player/prospect/pick get a Top 6 forward though, which is what the Habs would likely want in return. But it would have to be someone who can replace the points lost by Markov's departure.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

He's a good #2/3 defenseman with top-notch PP presence. If his skating doesn't come back, I figure he'll learn to adjust better too than he did last season. He's a very cerebral player. But he gambled a lot more and got himself into more trouble last season than I would expect him to going forward. He'll figure out his limitations and adjust, and likely be better than last season.

I can't see the Habs trading him in any scenario except the disaster scenario of the Habs being out of the playoffs at the trade deadline. He's worth far more than a generic top-6 forward or any sane combination of picks/prospects before that. Or at least the expectation/hope level of what he can do is worth more... we'll see if the season tells us differently. No rush.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Kovalchuk View Post
Agree with u !! 1 round + A prospect is about right ...

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 08:21 PM
ThaRealMac

I think he will be traded at the begining of the season! We have to get a first round pick or prospect for Markov. Major trade?

ThaRealMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

If the Habs have a disaster of a season, I can see them moving Markov at the deadline, and the value would be a little more than what the Leafs got for Kaberle (1st + a better prospect than Colborne) when he was traded to Boston. Markov would be a fantastic addition to a Cup contender team. And I'd be very sad to see him leave.

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 08:38 PM
ThaRealMac

I think he will be traded at the begining of the season! We have to get a first round pick or prospect for Markov. Major trade?

Old
08-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRealMac View Post
Do you think he will be traded at the beginning of the season? Should we get a first or a prospect? Could there be a major trade?

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 09:39 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
Do you think he will be traded at the beginning of the season? Should we get a first or a prospect? Could there be a major trade?
I don't think many teams can afford him right now. He's got a decent cap hit and most teams are maxed budget or cap wise.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 10:00 PM
ThaRealMac

I want Yakupov for Markov!! Maybe you can add Beaulieu and 2014 1st draft pick!

Old
08-23-2013, 11:34 PM
TGWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRealMac View Post
I want Yakupov for Markov!! Maybe you can add Beaulieu and 2014 1st draft pick!
I want to trade Brad Richards for Ovechkin. It's not happening...

I liked what I saw from Markov last year, considering all that time he missed, hopefully he finds his feet because he can be a real dangerous player.

TGWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Vor
RIP Lounge

Man, nobody is going to trade for Markov at this point. Still a great player, doesn't hold much value across the league.

Vor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 01:21 AM
jayball75

He was a huge reason for the way mtl started the year. Without subban and even more so when subban came back. I believe mtl will not trade him and would sacrifice I guy like Diaz instead. Markov will retire a Hab

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 03:28 AM
Vesa Awesaka
PuempeltoBorotoAndy

a 2nd and a cory conacher type of prospect

Vesa Awesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 03:46 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Man, nobody is going to trade for Markov at this point. Still a great player, doesn't hold much value across the league.
And you know this how?

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 03:49 AM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Markov losing a step is immaterial; the guy's mind is what makes him great. Type of guy that makes everyone he plays with look (and usually produce) like an all-star.

Unfortunately, the risk of lost games associated with this guy is so high that it's tough to gauge his value. In any transaction involving Markov, no matter what the return, one team or the other would be getting ripped off.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 04:26 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
And you know this how?
Well before the season is not very likely at all. Every team in the league is pretty maxed out on their budgets and can't afford his cap hit. Montreal would most likely have to take a dumb to get decent value. I just don't see a deal for a team trading for him out there currently.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 04:45 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Given his cap hit, age and injury history I think he'd ALMOST be as difficult to move as Hemsky. Not quite.

If the Habs are out of the playoffs picture at the trade deadline and Markov's health has held up I could see the Habs getting a first rounder from a powerhouse team. Maybe a second rounder and a decent prospect.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 05:01 AM
PG Canuck

I don't see who would cough up anything much of value, honestly. His caphit is pretty big, he's old, and has had injury issues in the past that you have to keep in mind.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 08:10 AM
MagicOilers73

Hey Habs fans just for discussion sake, how about something revolving around Markov for Hemsky. Keep in mind respective cap space for both clubs, needs from both teams & good value to both clubs. Now don't flame me for the suggestion & this is only for discussion sake so please no outlandish offers(no offers for our star players=Yak, Hall, Ebs, etc) that will never happen, just some honest, decent suggestions on a good, fair deal for both clubs that could help both sides long term.( I was disappointed that the Habs didn't make more noise in last year's playoffs. I was rooting for them to go deeper)

The reason for even suggesting it is both players have injury histories, but when healthy are both great players for our respective clubs. Any suggestions you do offer must include a 3RW as we would need 1 for the hole Hemsky's departure would create & I'd like to hear what Habs fans think & what they'd offer.

MagicOilers73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 08:45 AM
sansabri
HF's Grateful Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicOilers73 View Post
Hey Habs fans just for discussion sake, how about something revolving around Markov for Hemsky. Keep in mind respective cap space for both clubs, needs from both teams & good value to both clubs. Now don't flame me for the suggestion & this is only for discussion sake so please no outlandish offers(no offers for our star players=Yak, Hall, Ebs, etc) that will never happen, just some honest, decent suggestions on a good, fair deal for both clubs that could help both sides long term.( I was disappointed that the Habs didn't make more noise in last year's playoffs. I was rooting for them to go deeper)

The reason for even suggesting it is both players have injury histories, but when healthy are both great players for our respective clubs. Any suggestions you do offer must include a 3RW as we would need 1 for the hole Hemsky's departure would create & I'd like to hear what Habs fans think & what they'd offer.
the only way this deal would work is if the Oilers added some youth or a player with size and grit ( which they lack. ) while Hemsky is a decent top 6 forward, Markov is a top of the line PPQB who can still be a good no.3 dman ( no.1-2 if he finds his game again. )

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote