HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Andrei Markov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-24-2013, 11:29 PM
  #51
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind
 
SeaOfBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Huh? Markov has a NTC, which means he has to submit a list of 14 teams "he will accept a trade to". That was what I was speculating about, which teams he would be willing to go to. I doubt he would be willing to go to Winnipeg or Edmonton but I could be wrong - it is up to Markov, after all and Toronto I'm not sure about either way.
Well I know, but that's all speculation right? He could have a secret love for any team. We wouldn't know about that right? But I'm just going on the Montreal front now and saying teams that would be able to be a trade partner for him, because either way, if he doesn't want to go to a team who can make a trade for him, then well he won't be traded.

SeaOfBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 12:29 AM
  #52
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW View Post
Well I know, but that's all speculation right? He could have a secret love for any team. We wouldn't know about that right? But I'm just going on the Montreal front now and saying teams that would be able to be a trade partner for him, because either way, if he doesn't want to go to a team who can make a trade for him, then well he won't be traded.
What it means quite often is that the team doesn't get as much in return for a player with a NTC. If you look at Nash, Gaborik and Cammalleri they had NTC and it affected their trade value because there was a limit on how many teams were competing to get them.

Usually veteran players want to go to top tier teams and the top tier teams are the ones who usually are most interested in getting extra players to push them over the top. Where did Iginla want to go last year? Winnipeg or Toronto? No, but he was traded anyways.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 12:32 AM
  #53
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind
 
SeaOfBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
What it means quite often is that the team doesn't get as much in return for a player with a NTC. If you look at Nash, Gaborik and Cammalleri they had NTC and it affected their trade value because there was a limit on how many teams were competing to get them.

Usually veteran players want to go to top tier teams and the top tier teams are the ones who usually are most interested in getting extra players to push them over the top. Where did Iginla want to go last year? Winnipeg or Toronto? No, but he was traded anyways.
But Pittsburgh needed a top 6 forward at the time didn't they? I'm not saying he wouldn't go there, but I'd think he'd rather go to Winnipeg or Toronto than Florida or Tampa. Just my opinion. Just some of those teams would never need Markov, so even though it's Markov decision in the end, it would be a waste of a team for management. But I think the top of that list should be Washington before any team right now.

SeaOfBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 06:31 AM
  #54
drmagg
Don't
 
drmagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Guam
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
but hey .. now that you mention it .. Markov is one HELL OF A COOL STORY.. Bro.
Like a Champ, Bro

drmagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 11:35 AM
  #55
Ace88*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mississauga
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
what exactly are you so condescendingly referring to as a "story", as if hes making it up?

is it the "story" that Markov stayed healthy and fit and played all 74 games he was required to play between the 2 clubs (Chekhov Vityaz, Montreal Canadiens) that he was signed to during the lock out shortened NHL season?

cause, if your capable, do the math your self bro. here's a link. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=24720

or is it the bit about a condensed NHl season that you think is the Story? cause if thats the case you must not have heard that there was a lock out which caused the NHL to have a shortened and much more condense season than normal.. in factdont just take any my word for it or even any one on HF boards.. just google NHL 2012-13 condensed season and you will find a plethora of articles and reports that talk about it at length.

now as far as Markov is concerned, yes was he a step slower than normal last year? absolutely.. which is quite common for some one who only played 20 games over the last 2 year because of a couple serious and major injuries to his knee, which a lot of people cant even come back from and be competitive at all let alone just loosing a step.Hell Karlsson only missed a couple of months with his injury and lost a step or two as well.

Any ways the point is Markov is now healthy and its Clear his knee has healed and shouldn't be considered a concern. now he may regain that step he was missing last year as he was just warming him self back up into playing a full season at, you know, the highest level of hockey in the world.. and still managed to come 4th in points by a defenseman .. in the entire league.. after missing almost 2 fulls seasons and well over a full year of not playing a single game.. well you should be starting to grasp the picture.
So with his first season back under his belt and with proper training camps and all that stuff etc etc etc its very likely that he could regain his game in full. but even if he doesn't, as stated a few times before by different posters, Markov's real talent is his mind. He is extremely smart, very loyal, a veteran leader, and an absolute "General" on the power play. Which is why at a trade deadline he could fetch quite a bit as teams looking to find the promise land typically are looking to get their hands all over those kind of players. which is also the reason why Montreal and their fans (my self included) probably wont be eagerly looking to get rid of him unless the return is more than worth it.

but hey .. now that you mention it .. Markov is one HELL OF A COOL STORY.. Bro.
Uh... http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cool-story-bro

I admire the passion of Habs fans, but this is just hilarious

Anyways, it'll be great for Montreal if ol' Markov can stay healthy all season, but i wouldnt bet on it.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 11:51 AM
  #56
Analyzer*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,967
vCash: 50
Guy is a left handed shooter with a big time shot. He's still needed. If he gets seriously hurt again, then the habs have the option to not re-sign him.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 11:52 AM
  #57
sansabri
All I have is a Coke
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint-Hubert, QC
Country: Palestine
Posts: 21,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Anyways, it'll be great for Montreal if ol' Markov can stay healthy all season, but i wouldnt bet on it.
he already has. what you really mean is, 'i doubt Markov will do a repeat of last season.'

just let it go, man. we get it that you think Markov is a disaster to happen.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 01:55 PM
  #58
IceDaddy
Registered User
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Greenfield Park Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Man, nobody is going to trade for Markov at this point. Still a great player, doesn't hold much value across the league.

If The Habs are out of it at the deadline, and he is healthy and playing well. He will fetch a 1st and an A level prospect at the minimum IMO.

Far lesser players have fetched a similar return recently.....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 02:42 PM
  #59
TGWL
Registered User
 
TGWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
If The Habs are out of it at the deadline, and he is healthy and playing well. He will fetch a 1st and an A level prospect at the minimum IMO.

Far lesser players have fetched a similar return recently.....
I doubt it. He's an UFA after this season and turns 35 in December. Good luck with that A level prospect, I don't see it happening.

TGWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 03:27 PM
  #60
Deboner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
There are too many "if's" in this equation.

-If he's health
-If he's playing well
-If he removes his NTC
-If he resigns with Habs
-If he resigns with team __________

Putting all that aside, this player to the right team will net a pretty good return UFA or not.

Deboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 03:55 PM
  #61
Ace88*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mississauga
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
If The Habs are out of it at the deadline, and he is healthy and playing well. He will fetch a 1st and an A level prospect at the minimum IMO.

Far lesser players have fetched a similar return recently.....
Lmao. What far lesser players returned a 1st + A level prospect? Right, none. Especially not pending UFAs. Kovalchuk returned a couple C prospects and a 1st. Hossa fetched a bucketload of crap, as did Iginla. Jay Bouwmeester and Dennis Wideman both returned hot garbage. Probably the most comparable to Markov was Kaberle, and the only reason he returned a 1st, 2nd, (both late picks in their respective rounds) and Colborne was because Chiarelli was a bit generous (an "I O U" if you will) after the Kessel trade. Jury's still out on that one, but it's not looking too good. Ray frickin Bourque didn't even get a whole lot of good stuff in return, and that was Ray ****in' Bourque!

Bottom line is that a 35 year old pending UFA defenseman that has a recent, horrific injury is simply not, on any planet in any league, going to get a 1st and an A level prospect (A level being an Elias Lindholm, Morgan Rielly, Mikael Granlund, Ryan Strome, etc). It simply rarely happens, like once in a decade, most recently being Richards for Schenn. Maybe the 1st plus a B or C level prospect, but an A level? Zero percent chance.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 06:24 AM
  #62
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Lmao. What far lesser players returned a 1st + A level prospect? Right, none. Especially not pending UFAs. Kovalchuk returned a couple C prospects and a 1st. Hossa fetched a bucketload of crap, as did Iginla. Jay Bouwmeester and Dennis Wideman both returned hot garbage. Probably the most comparable to Markov was Kaberle, and the only reason he returned a 1st, 2nd, (both late picks in their respective rounds) and Colborne was because Chiarelli was a bit generous (an "I O U" if you will) after the Kessel trade. Jury's still out on that one, but it's not looking too good.
What a load of crap. GM's don't give out IOU's, especially divisional rivals, lol.

Btw Craig Rivet returned a 1st (Pacioretty) and Josh Gorges.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 11:44 PM
  #63
Habsoil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort mac
Country: Canada
Posts: 404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Man, nobody is going to trade for Markov at this point. Still a great player, doesn't hold much value across the league.
Still not much value? Lol

Habsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 11:57 PM
  #64
Canadian Canuck
Virtanen!
 
Canadian Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kamloops BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,311
vCash: 100
Canucks offer 1st and Sauve or 2nd and Jensen

Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 01:04 AM
  #65
Habsoil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort mac
Country: Canada
Posts: 404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanucks1 View Post
Canucks offer 1st and Sauve or 2nd and Jensen
Ah no on both accounts! Gonna need more sorry

Habsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 01:05 AM
  #66
Habsoil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort mac
Country: Canada
Posts: 404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanucks1 View Post
Canucks offer 1st and Sauve or 2nd and Jensen
Horvat plus 1st might catch MBs interest maybe

Habsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 06:46 AM
  #67
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Lmao. What far lesser players returned a 1st + A level prospect? Right, none. Especially not pending UFAs. Kovalchuk returned a couple C prospects and a 1st. Hossa fetched a bucketload of crap, as did Iginla. Jay Bouwmeester and Dennis Wideman both returned hot garbage. Probably the most comparable to Markov was Kaberle, and the only reason he returned a 1st, 2nd, (both late picks in their respective rounds) and Colborne was because Chiarelli was a bit generous (an "I O U" if you will) after the Kessel trade. Jury's still out on that one, but it's not looking too good. Ray frickin Bourque didn't even get a whole lot of good stuff in return, and that was Ray ****in' Bourque!

Bottom line is that a 35 year old pending UFA defenseman that has a recent, horrific injury is simply not, on any planet in any league, going to get a 1st and an A level prospect (A level being an Elias Lindholm, Morgan Rielly, Mikael Granlund, Ryan Strome, etc). It simply rarely happens, like once in a decade, most recently being Richards for Schenn. Maybe the 1st plus a B or C level prospect, but an A level? Zero percent chance.
You ask who could get the return of a 1st + A level prospect....as a pending UFA....then you answer it with Kaberle!

Chiarrelli paid that, not as an IOU (what GM keeps his job with that hot garbage?) but because they desperately needed a PMD to QB the PP.

As for Markov, I don't see him getting traded. BUT, IF he were, you can darn well expect a return of a 1st (28th to 30th pick) + high end prospect....because you have a team that sees it's "Cup window" open and GM's like to win now, not just hope to win later. Just as Chiarrelli did in 2011.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 06:47 AM
  #68
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsoil View Post
Horvat plus 1st might catch MBs interest maybe
Maybe? IMHO he'd trip over the desk to get the fax out

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 07:12 AM
  #69
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsoil View Post
Horvat plus 1st might catch MBs interest maybe
Yeah, again "IFF" the Habs are looking like they won't make the playoffs and/or are having troubles getting Markov re-signed. (Neither of which seem to be major concerns atm, but it's barely December).

Obviously teams aren't going to pay the price it would take to get Markov. So you might as well just assume his value is infinity for now. Re-visit things closer to March in the off chance the Habs do end up in some kind of collapse. There's no point in talking about it now, you'll just get frustrated with the impossibility of it all.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 07:14 AM
  #70
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Yeah, again "IFF" the Habs are looking like they won't make the playoffs and/or are having troubles getting Markov re-signed. (Neither of which seem to be major concerns atm, but it's barely December).

Obviously teams aren't going to pay the price it would take to get Markov. So you might as well just assume his value is infinity for now. Re-visit things closer to March in the off chance the Habs do end up in some kind of collapse. There's no point in talking about it now, you'll just get frustrated with the impossibility of it all.
more likely thread would be to see how much his extention will be

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 07:26 AM
  #71
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
more likely thread would be to see how much his extention will be
My starting bid is $18M/3yrs.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 07:46 AM
  #72
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
My starting bid is $18M/3yrs.
pretty close to what I thought too. My guess was him just signing another 5.75M per for 3/4 yrs. But I would rather pay a little more AAV to keep it down to 3yrs

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 09:30 AM
  #73
Video Coach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,813
vCash: 500
Other teams won't make a serious offer because they don't get to see Markov play. He's an absolute need for the Habs, for this season and a few more. Habs won't get anything close to proper value for a guy that could elevate a contender, or at least not on these boards.

Everyone thinks Markov is still injury prone, when he played a full season between KHL, NHL, and playoffs last season and hasn't missed a game this year. Fine by us, we'll keep him and keep killing on the PP.

Video Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 03:07 AM
  #74
hoowiegalooie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
It's evident that Andrei Markov's skating is not what it used to be but he's still one of the premier powerplay QBs in the league. He's 34 years old, with a caphit of $5.75 million coming off the books next year.
No you're wrong on that. His skating is much better this year then the second half of the last half season. Remember, he was coming back from both a long layoff (#4) and he played a lot of games in the condensed 2013 schedule as well as in the KHL for 21 games before that. Despite this, they were whispers of Norris candidacy, in the first half. He should have been rested or at least have had his minutes reduced after they had clinched a playoff spot, but wasn't. I said it at the time, "Bad move, Marc and Mike."
Markov is presently playing as good as ever right now. If, and only if, his terms for a new contract are deemed to be unreasonable, he will be moved and only then. Trust me on this. There are a myriad of other players with appreciable cap hits who will be gone before him.

hoowiegalooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 08:25 AM
  #75
FanHabtic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Markov has been a rock defensively. I don't see the speed issues if last season though it doesn't hurt to have Mr. Norris as your D partner.

Would love to re-sign him at a discount. markov's home is in Montreal and he's a citizen.

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.