Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Andrei Markov

12-08-2013, 10:33 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW View Post
But Pittsburgh needed a top 6 forward at the time didn't they? I'm not saying he wouldn't go there, but I'd think he'd rather go to Winnipeg or Toronto than Florida or Tampa. Just my opinion. Just some of those teams would never need Markov, so even though it's Markov decision in the end, it would be a waste of a team for management. But I think the top of that list should be Washington before any team right now.
Yeah right ... nobody need a top pairing d main who is in the top of his scoring position

Gabouch is offline   Reply With Quote
12-08-2013, 10:37 AM
otto bond
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
pretty close to what I thought too. My guess was him just signing another 5.75M per for 3/4 yrs. But I would rather pay a little more AAV to keep it down to 3yrs
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
My starting bid is $18M/3yrs.
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Markov has been a rock defensively. I don't see the speed issues if last season though it doesn't hurt to have Mr. Norris as your D partner.

Would love to re-sign him at a discount. markov's home is in Montreal and he's a citizen.
Markov is going to get 6+ and 3 years looks good but I think he looks for 4 plus years.
You could argue that Markov has been better on his skates, with or with out PK.
Also, him letting his agent go could mean a discount but dough it.
Also, anyone thinking that Markov will be traded at a discount is out to lunch. Injury prone or not, he's a legit top pairing Dman and will be for the next 5 years.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
12-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Lo Pan's lovechild
he'd return better than kaberle and if you think markov at 5 mil and change is too much? look at how much grandpa gonchar and dennis lolman got on the market. and markov is better than both.

guys like markov are rare and always sought after

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote