HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread Part 3: Eskies 3-9, I ain't even mad now

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Halibut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
I think what hurt Mitchell is that he didnt get any first string reps at all in practice. Although it is a short week that will be different prior to Fridays game.

If I am Ottawa and Calgary doesn't protect Mitchell he would be my first pick overall.

I think he has the potential to be a star in this League.

He has some talent and had a good game earlier in the year but then again so did Collaros in Toronto and he wasnt a world beater on Tuesday against the Al's.

Ottawa is going to get a pretty decent QB prospect or two in expansion and Calgary is going to have a tough choice with Tate's injury history.

Old
09-05-2013, 12:28 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
He has some talent and had a good game earlier in the year but then again so did Collaros in Toronto and he wasnt a world beater on Tuesday against the Al's.

Ottawa is going to get a pretty decent QB prospect or two in expansion and Calgary is going to have a tough choice with Tate's injury history.
I agree.

Thats why I think this is a blessing in disguise for the Stamps. They get to play Mitchell as a starter and find out what his value is well before Ottawa decides what they are going to do. If I was to predict the outcome I think Mitchell will turn out and they will protect him instead of Tate and his injury issues.

Old
09-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 56s
The #Esks starting O-line will be from LT to RT: Coleman, O'Donnell, Krausnick,Mason, Louis. Pretty sure 1st time in Esks' history 3 imports
Which is a pretty bad indictment of our Canadian talent on the oline. I still think this team has not been getting overmatched that often on the oline they simply are getting out thought and out coached.

Old
09-05-2013, 01:42 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Which is a pretty bad indictment of our Canadian talent on the oline.
Interesting...wasn't improving the Canadian talent on this team a priority for Hervey? I cant imagine what the Canadian talent would look like if it wasnt a priority.

Old
09-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Dave Campbell ‏@Dave_CHED 1m
Reed says OC Doug Sams will call the plays, Reed will call the "critical" plays. Says Sams has done "an outstanding job." #Eskimos #CFL #yeg
Hahaha, completely contradicting what Hervey said. What a gong show.

Old
09-05-2013, 01:59 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Which is a pretty bad indictment of our Canadian talent on the oline. I still think this team has not been getting overmatched that often on the oline they simply are getting out thought and out coached.
Agreed, and I think that applies to the rest of the team. The on-field talent is fine; we're severely hampered by lousy coaching, including game plans, adjustments and schemes.

Old
09-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Sams has done an OUTSTANDING job! Simply remarkable! Someone get him a medal, he deserves it.

This is just too much.

You are doing such an outstanding job, that I will give you a break from calling the important plays.

Last edited by Insta: 09-05-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old
09-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Sams has done and OUTSTANDING job! Simply remarkable! Someone get him a medal, he deserves it.

This is just too much.

You are doing such an outstanding job, that I will give you a break from calling the important plays.
Reed may be a nice person in his private life, but...
If there is anyone who still believes in Reed professionally, they should have their head examined. what a pathetic excuse for a coach and leader.

THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES! (which seem to be a pat on the back and a good reference)

Old
09-05-2013, 02:06 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
This organization must think that we are all idiots and will continue to buy tickets and show up regardless of what they do or say.

Unbelievable.

Old
09-05-2013, 02:08 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
I'd like to hear Hervey's take on this.

This isn't like when MacT said something and failed to deliver. What Hervey promised was something that there is no reason why he couldn't follow through with it.

Old
09-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Can't decide what's worse: the whole Sams debacle, or the fact that Greg Marshall is still being allowed to run the defense and wasn't even singled out by Hervey a few days ago.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
09-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Reed will call the critical plays? I have a feeling he has been doing this for a while and that is why we have had the Kerry Joseph parade this year.

Old
09-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Apparently Sams was asked about what Hervey said about the offensive play-calling and Sams just replied (paraphrasing) "You'll have to ask him about what he said. As far as I know it's business as usual."

I'm really surprised that Hervey is standing by Reed considering that Reed is clearly undermining him.

Old
09-05-2013, 03:17 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Can't decide what's worse: the whole Sams debacle, or the fact that Greg Marshall is still being allowed to run the defense and wasn't even singled out by Hervey a few days ago.
Are you kidding? Marshall's performance is far, far worse than Sams'. Last game aside, the offense has been doing far better than the defense, and don't underestimate the importance of the co-ordinators. One of the biggest problem with the defense is the lack of a LBs coach.

Old
09-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Reed will call the critical plays? I have a feeling he has been doing this for a while and that is why we have had the Kerry Joseph parade this year.

That might be a really good thing. With Reed calling the so called critical offensive plays, and screwing them up, it should provide enough impetus for Hervey to have zero doubt in his mind when he fires Reed's arse out of here at seasons end.

Old
09-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Auguste Escoffier

This organization is a joke. So sad to witness its demise over the past few years.

Wouldn't this team be better off being owned by one or two people, instead of a board?

I still haven't gotten over them for selling the Trappers for a few million dollars.

Old
09-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Gord
Go Esks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
probably because the defense just had their strongest showing of the year.

they have been pathetic though, especially in their coverage. Hervey did mention the Defense, but I think he just said they need to be more aggressive.
He should have said more, though. Only Reeds coaching has been worse than the performance of the D.

Old
09-05-2013, 03:59 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
probably because the defense just had their strongest showing of the year.

they have been pathetic though, especially in their coverage. Hervey did mention the Defense, but I think he just said they need to be more aggressive.
He should have said more, though. Only Reeds coaching has been worse than the performance of the D.
Would it make sense to attack the defense after it showed improvements? Don't get me wrong it deserves to be looked at, but that wouldn't have been the time.

Old
09-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Gord
Go Esks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
This organization is a joke. So sad to witness its demise over the past few years.

Wouldn't this team be better off being owned by one or two people, instead of a board?

I still haven't gotten over them for selling the Trappers for a few million dollars.
you're probably right.
They hired Len Rhodes to be the president and CEO in their own words "We chose Len due to his excellent leadership skills and he also has tremendous marketing, sales and brand management strength.”

Which in my opinion he has failed to show.

on the eskimo website for the Rhodes bio it states
"He maintains the highest standards for on-field success "
"Under Rhodes' leadership, the Eskimos have significantly enhanced the game day experience "
(really? the game day experience sucks)

terry jones had it right from his column last November
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/11/0...esident-rhodes

Terry Jones was right in saying
"Eskimos board chairman Allan Sawin and directors Bruce Bentley, John Moquin, Diane Bricker, Chris Bruce, Terry O’Flynn, Harold Roozen, Bill Scott and Brad Sparrow are going to be the laughing stock of the community if they think all is well now that Tillman has been canned."

makes you wonder where their heads are and if they care. They obviously have been horrible stewards of this team, and have made the eskimos (and Edmonton) the biggest joke the CFL has seen in a long time.

and instead of getting called on what they've done to the team, they instead get a new taxpayer paid scoreboard.

Old
09-05-2013, 04:37 PM
joestevens29

Chris O'Leary ‏@olearychris 1m
More Mo Price: They're 1 and whatever, 8.They've probably got more (problems) than just a right guard. #Eskimos #CFL

lol

Old
09-05-2013, 04:39 PM
BleedingOil

Does anyone else actually think bo levi is the stamps best QB

Old
09-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones 36s
In 24 years of Labour Day double dips, Calgary has never outdrawn Edmonton. Stamps drew 32,217. Esks at 31,007 this afternoon.

Old
09-05-2013, 06:55 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
In 24 years of Labour Day double dips, Calgary has never outdrawn Edmonton. Stamps drew 32,217. Esks at 31,007 this afternoon.
A lot of those tickets are likely Stamp fans looking to enjoying watching the sad sack Eskimos drop to 1-9 in person.

Old
09-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
A lot of those tickets are likely Stamp fans looking to enjoying watching the sad sack Eskimos drop to 1-9 in person.
Doubtful, I think.

I was at the Eskimos first home playoff game in several years two years ago and there weren't any Stamps fans in sight. Granted the Eskimos were "better" than the Stamps back in 2011 but considering that it was a playoff game the lack of Stampeders fans surprised me. They just didn't care enough to show up.

Old
09-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Six in O6

Quote:
It will be close, but with a nice evening... the walk up will beat that regardless of the quality on the field. Embarassing to say the least, but these are the cards we have been dealt. No wins at home by September, no fans in the stands. Pretty simple math.

Closed Thread