HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pronger to the Kings rumor again...

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Bruwinz37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
As a physician I care about my patients and try to do what is best for them. I am sorry you fell that you have been treated poorly. However, to judge an entire profession shows a lack of insight on your part. I hope you stay healthy but if not, find a doctor you can talk to and trust - most of us care what happens to our patients.
I think the poster was confusing Lawyers and Insurance companies with Doctors.

Old
07-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
well, they might have a good chance at rebuilding. Lalime/Osgood in net, not thrilling. MacInnis is gone, Pronger is gone, Demitra might be out, Weight could be bought out, Tkachuk cvould be bought out... The hands are gonna be in Jackman, Backman, and Stillman?'s hands... with only them left, not a stud besides jackman on D, they can either spend a ****load of money, or rebuild for 2 years, get a shot at Frolik or Kessel... not bad

Old
07-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
well, they might have a good chance at rebuilding. Lalime/Osgood in net, not thrilling. MacInnis is gone, Pronger is gone, Demitra might be out, Weight could be bought out, Tkachuk cvould be bought out... The hands are gonna be in Jackman, Backman, and Stillman?'s hands... with only them left, not a stud besides jackman on D, they can either spend a ****load of money, or rebuild for 2 years, get a shot at Frolik or Kessel... not bad
Wow - you really dont follow the Blues at all. Stillman won a cup in TB. I would also take Backman over Fischer. And why is Pronger gone? If he is moved it will be at the deadline. But at 30 and not a UFA, they can still build around him - he will be one fo the top 3 d men in the league - baring injury - for atleast the next 5 years.

Tkachuck is still one of the top 5-10 LW in the game - but I am not sure how much time remains on his contract - are they going to honor the 04-05 or not? I have heard both. If yes, then he will have two years left, if not then he has one, but a team option at $3.8 or so (5 million w/o the roll back). Weight will be gone after this next year if not honoring the 04-05 season.

Pronger still has a lot of trade value - even at 7 million, which is what most elite players will be making (even with a 35 million cap). Tkachuck will have a fair amount also at the deadline as most of his contract will have been eaten up and getting him for $3.8 million the next season is very good. Weight will also have trade value at the deadline.

They could retool completely with a younger team provided they get some pieces in trade. Plus the UFA market will continue to get larger each year.

The blues are not like the Wings or Phili where they may actually have to buy out contracts to get under the cap. Wings are over the cap now, w/o having signed Datsuik (sorry about the Spelling).

Old
07-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
Wow - you really dont follow the Blues at all. Stillman won a cup in TB. I would also take Backman over Fischer. And why is Pronger gone? If he is moved it will be at the deadline. But at 30 and not a UFA, they can still build around him - he will be one fo the top 3 d men in the league - baring injury - for atleast the next 5 years.

Tkachuck is still one of the top 5-10 LW in the game - but I am not sure how much time remains on his contract - are they going to honor the 04-05 or not? I have heard both. If yes, then he will have two years left, if not then he has one, but a team option at $3.8 or so (5 million w/o the roll back). Weight will be gone after this next year if not honoring the 04-05 season.

Pronger still has a lot of trade value - even at 7 million, which is what most elite players will be making (even with a 35 million cap). Tkachuck will have a fair amount also at the deadline as most of his contract will have been eaten up and getting him for $3.8 million the next season is very good. Weight will also have trade value at the deadline.

They could retool completely with a younger team provided they get some pieces in trade. Plus the UFA market will continue to get larger each year.

The blues are not like the Wings or Phili where they may actually have to buy out contracts to get under the cap. Wings are over the cap now, w/o having signed Datsuik (sorry about the Spelling).
wow 1 slip up, it happens...

nice spelling on datsYuk while were at it

i was trying toget to the point that it would be a smart time to rebuild before you shot me down. Considering they got a few decent prospects, schwarz and Baca to build around between the pipes, take 2 years off and retool, it was a idea, thanks for jumping down my throat

oh and btw, why would i really follow the blues, and um, hockeys been out for over a year now, if you cant think someone would make a honest mistake then get over it...

Old
07-03-2005, 02:08 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

if this is true, look like the kings are further solidifying their D, which seems like it ought to be the least of their worries considering they are losing palffy, allison, deadmarsh, carter, straka, and lappy....seems to me that they should be spending the big bucks on FW's not the D....

And by the way..Christian Science really has little to do with Christiainty...it basically denies the existence of evil, therefore, no doctors needed....so everyone, think happy thoughts!

Old
07-03-2005, 02:50 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
if this is true, look like the kings are further solidifying their D, which seems like it ought to be the least of their worries considering they are losing palffy, allison, deadmarsh, carter, straka, and lappy....seems to me that they should be spending the big bucks on FW's not the D....

And by the way..Christian Science really has little to do with Christiainty...it basically denies the existence of evil, therefore, no doctors needed....so everyone, think happy thoughts!
We have the money to get Pronger and several FW so we will address that - we are looking to get our young players up but i can see us signing 1-2 top 6 fowards and Pronger

Old
07-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

If the Kings do aquire Pronger, i highly doubt that would be the only splash they make.

I think it would be a good chance for the blues too. They've been stuggling with their star players(not Pronger) not getting it done in the playoffs. The goaltending was bad for a while, ever since Fuhr left. This could be the chance the blues need to finally get these contracts off the books, and start a rebuild.

Old
07-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Seems to me that "rebuilding," if done properly, does not have to mean "crash and burn everything to the ground".

If the Blues are thinking "rebuild" (not so sure they are or should be), Pronger would be an ideal guy to retain, assuming he is affordable. For even rebuilding teams need a core to start somewhere.

If they could jettison Weight and Tkachuk's contract (easier said then done) and re-sign Pronger to an extension, guess here is that that is the route they'd prefer to take. Pronger is only in his early 30s and is an indisputable impact on the backline. The guy remains an elite player who eats up minutes, and he should have numerous quality seasons ahead of him. You do not let guys like that get away lightly. Certainly not before you try ridding yourself of salary from other areas of the roster, as mentioned. And if the BLues hypothetical rebuild goes properly, he will still be a force by the time they are contenders (see: Stevens, Chelios, etc. playing quality hockey into their late 30s, early 40s).

Again, it all comes down to his asking price. But rebuild or not, bet here is that Pleau & Co. are in no rush to let a foundation player, especially a great dman, go elsewhere, if possible.

Old
07-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
It just wont die now.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3737772

Old
07-04-2005, 09:36 PM
AnThGrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Thats a good thing for us but what about all the rumors that UFA stays at 31 for this year meaning he wont be a free agent so how does that work out?

Old
07-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Thats a good thing for us but what about all the rumors that UFA stays at 31 for this year meaning he wont be a free agent so how does that work out?
Couldn't tell you, unless it's a sign and trade, or a trade where we know he's going to sign with us. I have no idea.

Old
07-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
It works out that you don't get him, then.

Old
07-05-2005, 11:12 AM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Doctors are underpaid?!? I take it your parents still pay for your insurance.
Try living with $200K in student loans to pay off, four years of internships and residency making minimum wage, and then get to the end and finally see a whopping $50K salary for a sixty your work week. Some doctors are extremely rich, but the majority are not even close.

Old
07-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Try living with $200K in student loans to pay off, four years of internships and residency making minimum wage, and then get to the end and finally see a whopping $50K salary for a sixty your work week. Some doctors are extremely rich, but the majority are not even close.
True and besides: shouldn't we want to see people succeed fabulously and make as much $$$ as possible? Sure beats trying to bring people down.

The rampant class envy around here among some - be it jealousy/bitterness toward player's contracts or, in this case, physicians - is amazing.

Just my opinion.

Old
07-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
wow 1 slip up, it happens...

nice spelling on datsYuk while were at it

i was trying toget to the point that it would be a smart time to rebuild before you shot me down. Considering they got a few decent prospects, schwarz and Baca to build around between the pipes, take 2 years off and retool, it was a idea, thanks for jumping down my throat

oh and btw, why would i really follow the blues, and um, hockeys been out for over a year now, if you cant think someone would make a honest mistake then get over it...
Sorry that you feel I was jumping on you unfairly. Maybe I was, but I took your initial post to be essentially that Blues are screwed, have no assets that are tradable, and no farm team. This seems to be popular sentiment, but it is not even close to being true. (As for Stillman, he was traded at the 03 entry draft for David Backes, it would be like me saying that the Wings have no youth of value in the system and then talk about Fleschman being the best forward prospect). And atleast I warned you up front about the spelling.

If someone trades for Pronger, and that is a big if, it will cost them quite a bit - to the point of overpaying. I don't think he will wind up in LA.

As for physicians, I run a neurosurgical practice. 60 hours is a light week. Try taking trauma call over the average weekend in the summer....

Old
07-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1

If someone trades for Pronger, and that is a big if, it will cost them quite a bit - to the point of overpaying. I don't think he will wind up in LA.

As for physicians, I run a neurosurgical practice. 60 hours is a light week. Try taking trauma call over the average weekend in the summer....
Which is why I hope he doesnt end up in L.A., I dont want to see us trading away all of these pieces for Pronger, as much as I like him, when we are in the beginning/middle of a rebuild.

Congrats on being a neurosurgeon. Very commendable.

Old
07-06-2005, 12:11 AM
AnThGrt

If we do trade for him and its any of our prospects i'm gonna be pissed....

Closed Thread