HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2013-14 Ongoing Waiver Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2013, 11:06 AM
StuckOutHere

vCash: 500
@EdmontonOilers 4m
#Oilers place goaltender Jason LaBarbera on waivers.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

How is Yannick Weber playing? The Rangers really need a RHD and Weber is still only 25

Old
11-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
How is Yannick Weber playing? The Rangers really need a RHD and Weber is still only 25
Has he been waived?

Old
11-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Has he been waived?
Yessir

Old
11-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Yessir
Thanks. Just wondering.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:40 AM
backhandsauce

Labarbera to Chicago maybe?

Old
11-18-2013, 11:43 AM
hoyhoy42

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 38m
Weber (VAN) on waivers today...

Old
11-18-2013, 12:00 PM
JJTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyhoy42 View Post
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 38m
Weber (VAN) on waivers today...
I can't believe that he is still on the nhl. Other than his shot he doesn't have any nhl-level talents. Poor man's Marc-André Bergeron

Old
11-18-2013, 12:01 PM
VayaConDios

I could see multiple teams putting a claim in for labarbera

LA Kings for 1 being thatt he used to play there and they are down a goaltender. Why have Martin Jones ride the pine when he could be playing and you could have the all time pine rider in Jason Labarbera.

Another team that might claim him is Minnesota, Harding has been playing a lot and its a great story but Backstrom is out with a concussion and you know how that goes... better get labarbera

Nabokov will miss a month of action, so with Poulin there to fill the roll as starter, why not add a cheap bench filler like Labarbera?

What about Pittsburgh or Chicago? Longshots but still possible, he would be amazing there.

Also one more thing...
i cant keep it secret because im actually Jason Labarbera, please i dont want to go to the minors

Old
11-18-2013, 12:16 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by VayaConDios View Post
I could see multiple teams putting a claim in for labarbera

LA Kings for 1 being thatt he used to play there and they are down a goaltender. Why have Martin Jones ride the pine when he could be playing and you could have the all time pine rider in Jason Labarbera.

Another team that might claim him is Minnesota, Harding has been playing a lot and its a great story but Backstrom is out with a concussion and you know how that goes... better get labarbera

Nabokov will miss a month of action, so with Poulin there to fill the roll as starter, why not add a cheap bench filler like Labarbera?

What about Pittsburgh or Chicago? Longshots but still possible, he would be amazing there.

Also one more thing...
i cant keep it secret because im actually Jason Labarbera, please i dont want to go to the minors

Old
11-18-2013, 12:28 PM
IslesNorway

I can see the Islanders claiming LaBarbera, which might be exactly why the Oilers have placed him on waivers

Old
11-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Tritsche

vCash: 566
Send a message via MSN to Tritsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTT View Post
I can't believe that he is still on the nhl. Other than his shot he doesn't have any nhl-level talents. Poor man's Marc-André Bergeron
He is a lot better than Bergeron. He is not great in his own zone but definitively better than MAB! Also he knows how to create some Offense. Bergeron is just a shooter. I seen them both play in the Swiss League.

Weber > Bergeron!!!

An other thing is, I would love to see Weber gets a fair chance to play. The Habs and the Nucks haven't given him a real opportunity to play.

Old
11-18-2013, 12:46 PM
caley

Another team to throw into the possibly claiming Labarbera pile is the Nashville Predators who won't know Pekka Rinne's time frame until an end of the month MRI and are running with a duo of Carter Hutton and Marek Mezanec.

11-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I wouldn't be at all surprise to see Labarbera is Preds gold.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Lots of teams could use LaBarbara...would be surprised if he went through unclaimed.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:30 PM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 1360
Labarbera might be able to do well on a team that isn't the defensive equivalent of a black hole, so I could see some team in a pinch taking a chance on him.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:36 PM
hoyhoy42

i'm a Vancouver fan, yes he was never given a shot by the Canucks but it's hard to say he is better than M.A Bergeron when Bergeron has played a lot more games and put up some decent points.

Until Weber actually solidifies himself in the NHL he can't really be better than Bergeron.

also really hoping this move is a precursor to a move by the Canucks. I was at the game last night and although they were robbed by that no goal call they really struggle to score. Has been the issue for years, shut down the Sedins and you win.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:40 PM
neutral*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyhoy42 View Post
i'm a Vancouver fan, yes he was never given a shot by the Canucks but it's hard to say he is better than M.A Bergeron when Bergeron has played a lot more games and put up some decent points.

Until Weber actually solidifies himself in the NHL he can't really be better than Bergeron.

also really hoping this move is a precursor to a move by the Canucks. I was at the game last night and although they were robbed by that no goal call they really struggle to score. Has been the issue for years, shut down the Sedins and you win.

Elliott Pap
‏@ElliottPap
Nux AGM Laurence Gilman says Yannick Weber will be assigned to Utica if he clears waivers. Roster spot needed for Dale Weise. #Canucks

Apparently it's for Dale Weise, not a trade.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:48 PM
capebretoncanadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritsche View Post
He is a lot better than Bergeron. He is not great in his own zone but definitively better than MAB! Also he knows how to create some Offense. Bergeron is just a shooter. I seen them both play in the Swiss League.

Weber > Bergeron!!!

An other thing is, I would love to see Weber gets a fair chance to play. The Habs and the Nucks haven't given him a real opportunity to play.
The habs gave him plenty of opportunity.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Elever
Hth

I'd take Yannick Weber on the Avs over Holden/Hunwick to see how it goes. We need another decent point man on the PP.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Tritsche

vCash: 566
Send a message via MSN to Tritsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
The habs gave him plenty of opportunity.
As a forward? Not really a real opportunity!

To be honest, I also think Weber is not a good NHL Defender. But I think when you put him in a good situation he can chip in and make some points. Together with a good stay at home Defender it could work, But you never know when he is in the pressbox or play 3-6 Minutes as a Forward.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:55 PM
hoyhoy42

Interesting. One would think Wiese to the 4th line would push out Dalpe. Not sure why they don't waive Dalpe. I'd say someone picking him up is as likely as me winning the lottery. Guy has done zero since he came to the Canucks. At least if he got sent down he could play more than 3 minutes a night.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:56 PM
caley

per 1130 Sports, Vancouver.
Quote:
Yannick Weber's agent Larry Kelly says lots of teams were after his client b4 he signed with the #Canucks.
Quote:
Kelly says he just never got the oppurtunity he thought he would with the #Canucks. Kelly wouldn't be surprised if he's claimed.

I was skeptical about the Labarbera signing this summer, but thought "How bad could he be? He's only replacing Khabibulin?" It turns out the answer was very bad. Very, very bad. Granted the Oilers defensive coverage ranges from bad to just...dreadful but Labarbera didn't help his cause by letting in goals I haven't seen WHL back-ups let in. I hope he turns it around elsewhere, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

Last edited by caley: 11-18-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old
11-18-2013, 01:59 PM
capebretoncanadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritsche View Post
As a forward? Not really a real opportunity!
He played a fair amount on defense and underwhelmed. Theres a reason two teams gave up on him.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:59 PM
hoyhoy42

Please someone claim him. Amazing how in the offseason it was about the NHL changing and getting bigger and stronger. Gillis goes out and signs Weber and Richardson.

Closed Thread