HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any French Flyers fans who can help?

Old
09-02-2013, 10:53 AM
MP92

vCash: 500
Any French Flyers fans who can help?

Can anyone who speaks French tell me what Couturier says in this interview? You don't need to give me word for word , just a brief summary. The part of the video they start interviewing him is at 5:33 and ends at 9:37 Thanks to anyone who can help.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 11:58 AM
FlyersFan61290

I doubt there are any French Flyers fans on here. I'm sure some Canadians could help you out though.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Flyers4Ever77

He talked about that bootcamp that he and Brassard are in it. Last year wasn't a good season but he learned a lot and he wants to prove that he deserved that contrat he signed this summer.

Also, he talked about the impact of Danny Briere in his career ( he lived with him ) but he's satisfied and thrilled to play with Lecavalier,Streit and Emery.

He expect to have a bigger role this year with the team.

Flyers4Ever77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 12:46 PM
MP92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers4Ever77 View Post
He talked about that bootcamp that he and Brassard are in it. Last year wasn't a good season but he learned a lot and he wants to prove that he deserved that contrat he signed this summer.

Also, he talked about the impact of Danny Briere in his career ( he lived with him ) but he's satisfied and thrilled to play with Lecavalier,Streit and Emery.

Thank you

Old
09-02-2013, 12:58 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I doubt there are any French Flyers fans on here. I'm sure some Canadians could help you out though.
Being French in Canada doesn't automatically mean that you're from a Habs fan from Quebec, just ask Giroux

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 01:08 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post
Being French in Canada doesn't automatically mean that you're from a Habs fan from Quebec, just ask Giroux
He said "any French Flyers fans" and I was pointing out that there probably aren't any Flyers fans from France on this board. Being French means you're from France. Being French-Canadian is entirely different. That's like calling African-Americans, African. They aren't and there's a big difference. That's all I was saying.

Old
09-02-2013, 01:29 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He said "any French Flyers fans" and I was pointing out that there probably aren't any Flyers fans from France on this board. Being French means you're from France. Being French-Canadian is entirely different. That's like calling African-Americans, African. They aren't and there's a big difference. That's all I was saying.
Yeah but he followed it up with "can anybody who speaks French" so his point still came across clear.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 09-02-2013 at 04:17 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 02:33 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers4Ever77 View Post

More or less. I'll try and write a bit more, but this is a very generic interview.

The interviewer asks: About how the Flyers had a bad season, which was for a number of reasons and what he would take from last year.

Couts answers: That a lot of young players go through a tough season like he did and he will have to learn from it and bounce back next season. Fortunately he is a young player and he has a lot to learn, he will take this chance to come out stronger next season.

Interviewer: talks about how the Flyers must still have confidence in him by extending his contract for another 2 years and how it should reinforce his confidence.

Couts: He pretty much agrees and says he will prove what he can do in camp and the upcoming season.

Interviewer: Asks how his summer training has been.

Couts: Says its going good, he has been increasing his weight, getting bigger and more physical.

Interviewer: Asks about losing a good friend Danny Breire from the team.

Couts: Responds with saying that is the nature of the sport. That Briere was a good friend who took him into his(Briere's) home and was always by his side and teaching him. He thinks Montreal will really like him.

Interviewer: Asks about the new additions to the team (Vinny, Strieght, Emery etc..)

Couts: Generic response about how it will stabilize all the positions and make the team one of the best in the League.

More generic response about how he will bring a two way game to the team like always, and how the Flyers will be successful by playing hard every game and take it one game at a time.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 153
ok guys i'm out for the next 30min gonna try to translate word by word, i'm francophone

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 153
R:with company of number 14 of the Flyers Sean Couturier How are you?

C:i'm doing great

R:the 1st time for you in the boot camp, how do you find the experencie?

C: so far it's good ...... this good cause and blabla

R:when we look at the Flyers season it didn't start very good there was some big expectations from you and the rest of the flyers players it wasnt good for the entire club for alot of reasons, how was this season for you?

C: certainly it was difficult season than my first one but i think every player in his carrer learn during the season to be a better player at the end of the season,

R:it seems that alot of people forget that you're still young

C: Yes i'm still a young player and i'm trying to learn everything i can learn and even with this season you know i think that i learnd alot and try to get better the next season

R:Yes and think that the Flyers still have confidence in you with the new contract that you signed in the begging of the summer a 2 years contract, it's a beautful confidence showed by Holmgren and the Flyers
organization.

C:yes it's a good sign of showing confidence, and it's my turn to answer and to show that i deseve this contract and i'm training this summer to be ready for the camp and show what i have

R:Talk to me about your season and the training how was it?

C:This year i'm trying to gain weight and become bigger physically and so far it's going well

R: during the summer, there is always movement(trades,signing) it's like this in the world of hockey and in the world of professional sports in general and you lost a good freind Daniel Briere.....

C:yes it's part of the sport but he was good with me, he invited me to stay in his house and just to be with him everyday i learned alot and the adaptaition was easy and i think montreal people liked him
"maybe he is talking about the fans or the organization not sure"

R: did you talk to him since his departure to Montreal? "didn't understand what couts was saying but it was about Briere."

R: the Flyers have made some moves you now have Vincent Lecavalier added Mark Streit And we're talking also about Ray Emery, Talk to me about the Flyers Acquisitions.

C:yes i think they bring stability for all the positions, and i think it's going to be a big + for us with these 3 Acquisitions and we should comeback to being one of the best teams in the leauge this year

R: how do you see your role this season in the flyers squad

C: i'm gonna try to be the same player a solid two way player and it's sure that year after year i will have more responsabilites and i'll have more reponsibiltes this year and it's up for me to answer

R: what should/have the Flyers do to enter the season as a strong contender and go after the stanley cup?

C: work hard every game and to think about the ups and downs and to be ready to play everytime and take it one game at a time even if it's a long season

R: could the defensive play be the key and something about his 5 goals and hurting the team

i didn't understand this last part

Last edited by Flyerss: 09-02-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 04:23 PM
MP92

Thanks guys. It's good to hear he's picking up weight. Hopefully he's working hard on his skating too. Im sure he is. Can't wait to see how he does this season.

Old
09-02-2013, 05:09 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Yeah but he followed it up with "can anybody who speaks French" so his point still came across clear.
I know, I was just being a dick about it.

Old
09-02-2013, 06:49 PM
haleks

To complete your Q&A the last question was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
R: Could the key (to be a contender and bringing the Cup to Philadelphia) is to be better defensively? Perhaps to close the play more? Last year we've seen a lot of "disjointed game" (He said "jeu decousu" which is a saying in French when the play is all over the place and everyone are incoherent with each other) which payed off (He said "porter fruit" which is another saying to say it worked/was successful) on the offensive side. But even if you score 5 goals and you let in 6 goals, it can hurt your team.

C: Yeah, of course. Obviously our play is an offensive style and obviously we will need to tighten our defense, be better in our own zone and limiting the shots against. All those small things will make a difference down the line.

haleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 10:19 PM
BernieParent

Darn, you guys beat me to le coup de point. Nice work!

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote