HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're now in 4th place...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2003, 08:31 PM
  #26
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Dillinger is a good one too I just don't want to be like him that's all.........Ideally I would want to work doing an allnight show on the history of classic rock OR some other allnight radio show...maybe talk radio would be best for me where the callers and myself would have a different topic to talk about every night.........who knows?.....the possibilities are endless here.
Well,do you want to be a comic,or a serious one?

Epoch is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 08:34 PM
  #27
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 64,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Dillinger is a good one too I just don't want to be like him that's all.........Ideally I would want to work doing an allnight show on the history of classic rock OR some other allnight radio show...maybe talk radio would be best for me where the callers and myself would have a different topic to talk about every night.........who knows?.....the possibilities are endless here.
Hey now this conversation has degraded to a LOUNGE ACT ..

Isn't there a board at HF where late night talk radio would be more appropriate...

Mess is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 08:34 PM
  #28
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-TWѤ
Well,do you want to be a comic,or a serious one?
I think the best approach to take which I've been told by others already in the radio business is to just be myself........so that means being a little bit of both, comic and serious........I may decide to even go ahead with my "monkey" handle for the radio too.......I mean the "Wolfman" handle worked well for the Wolfman Jack right?

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 08:35 PM
  #29
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Hey now this conversation has degraded to a LOUNGE ACT ..

Isn't there a board at HF where late night talk radio would be more appropriate...
hey,its 1:37 in the a.m. cut me some slack!

Epoch is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 08:37 PM
  #30
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-TWѤ
hey,its 1:37 in the a.m. cut me some slack!
Holy Moly........It's late.........I better get going........Good night.

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 08:38 PM
  #31
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Holy Moly........It's late.........I better get going........Good night.
night.

Epoch is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 08:54 PM
  #32
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,768
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
I hate post padders

Leaf Lander is online now  
Old
09-27-2003, 09:52 PM
  #33
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
I hate post padders
Post Padders?........what's that?

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 09:56 PM
  #34
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,768
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander

Leaf Lander is online now  
Old
09-28-2003, 03:30 AM
  #35
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
4,000!

Epoch is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 03:23 PM
  #36
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
We're still in 4th place among all the team Forums at hfboards.com but we've been the second most active team Forum (after the Habs) in the last 7-days.......we're gaining ground on Vancouver and keeping pace with Montreal and Edmonton.....here are the latest numbers:

15,382...Montreal
10,045...Edmonton
09,045...Vancouver
08,206...Toronto
07,908...Boston
06,719...NY Rangers
04,932...Pittsburgh
03,023...Nashville
02,791...Colorado

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 03:26 PM
  #37
think-blue-
Registered User
 
think-blue-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,159
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
This thread should be deleted. I remember Buffaloed closing one like this in the Nashville forum.

Stop bumping it up, monkey.

think-blue- is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 03:38 PM
  #38
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBlue
This thread should be deleted. I remember Buffaloed closing one like this in the Nashville forum.

Stop bumping it up, monkey.
Why should it be deleted?.....What's wrong with it?....Are you ever Happy?

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 03:43 PM
  #39
loveshack2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old School
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Why should it be deleted?.....What's wrong with it?....Are you ever Happy?

Because it's a waste of bandwidth. Posting isnt a competition. What's that old saying? "Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove them right".

If you have something to contribute then by all means post it, but posting just for the sake of bumping up your own post count just waste's everyone's time.

loveshack2 is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:11 PM
  #40
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
Because it's a waste of bandwidth. Posting isnt a competition. What's that old saying? "Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove them right".

If you have something to contribute then by all means post it, but posting just for the sake of bumping up your own post count just waste's everyone's time.
Actually for your information I don't know what your problem is?.....you never have anything great to say to me anyways so I'll take whatever you have to say to me with a grain of salt....at least I try to start conversations in here by starting up threads.....How many threads have you started in here?.........Isn't this what these Forums are here for?.........I talk hockey and Leafs in here.....I'm not doing anything wrong in here.......If I am I would have been told about it by now...........who knows maybe you want to be Mod in here???.......if you don't like what I have to say then why don't you just ignore my posts?

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:18 PM
  #41
loveshack2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old School
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Actually for your information I don't know what your problem is?.....you never have anything great to say to me anyways so I'll take whatever you have to say to me with a grain of salt....at least I try to start conversations in here by starting up threads.....How many threads have you started in here?.........Isn't this what these Forums are here for?.........I talk hockey and Leafs in here.....I'm not doing anything wrong in here.......If I am I would have been told about it by now...........who knows maybe you want to be Mod in here???.......if you don't like what I have to say then why don't you just ignore my posts?

Kind of hard to ignore you when you start a new thread about every 30 seconds.

I have no problem with you personally and I usually appreciate what you have to say but it would be nice if you could combine some of your thoughts into fewer posts. It's tough to keep up.

loveshack2 is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:21 PM
  #42
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
"Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove them right".
Oh man,I've got to remember that one.

Epoch is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:24 PM
  #43
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
Kind of hard to ignore you when you start a new thread about every 30 seconds.

I have no problem with you personally and I usually appreciate what you have to say but it would be nice if you could combine some of your thoughts into fewer posts. It's tough to keep up.
All right, That's better...we can talk without having to resort to name calling........

Listen you're not the first one in here that has told me that...and I didn't realize that it was SUCH a HUGE deal with some people in here but this is a Hockey Forum and inside Hockey Forums we talk which is what I've been doing alot of.......our 2 Mods in here haven't told me to cut back on my posts or to even stop.....so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong by posting in here.........I'm sorry it's a problem for you but when I'm inside a Forum ESPECIALLY a hockey forum I have plenty to say.......this is how I like to spend alot of my free time........again if this bothers you I'm sorry but that's just the way I am.

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:26 PM
  #44
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-TWѤ
Oh man,I've got to remember that one.
Ya that's not a bad line I must admit........I'll remember to use that one myself sometime during the hockey season.......unless of course he owns copyrights to that saying.


monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:29 PM
  #45
loveshack2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old School
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
All right, That's better...we can talk without having to resort to name calling........

Listen you're not the first one in here that has told me that...and I didn't realize that it was SUCH a HUGE deal with some people in here but this is a Hockey Forum and inside Hockey Forums we talk which is what I've been doing alot of.......our 2 Mods in here haven't told me to cut back on my posts or to even stop.....so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong by posting in here.........I'm sorry it's a problem for you but when I'm inside a Forum ESPECIALLY a hockey forum I have plenty to say.......this is how I like to spend alot of my free time........again if this bothers you I'm sorry but that's just the way I am.
No biggie. It's not against any official rules, just my opinion. Not all of us can spend that much time in here and we don't want to miss anything is all

Quote:
Ya that's not a bad line I must admit........I'll remember to use that one myself sometime during the hockey season.......unless of course he owns copyrights to that saying.
Im pretty sure it's public domain by now, but if you want to give me a copyright fee Im not gonna complain

loveshack2 is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:31 PM
  #46
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 40,402
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=loveshack2]Kind of hard to ignore you when you start a new thread about every 30 seconds.



hehehehehehehe

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:34 PM
  #47
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
No biggie. It's not against any official rules, just my opinion. Not all of us can spend that much time in here and we don't want to miss anything is all
OK I understand buddy.


monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:37 PM
  #48
ACC1224
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 32,116
vCash: 500
Monkey go nuts, post away...only thing you might want to consider is that every time you start a new thread it pushes other threads further down the page and eventually to the 2nd page where they will be ignored...not everyone can spend a lot of time here so an interesting discussion might get over looked.

ACC1224 is online now  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:41 PM
  #49
loveshack2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old School
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
Monkey go nuts, post away...only thing you might want to consider is that every time you start a new thread it pushes other threads further down the page and eventually to the 2nd page where they will be ignored...not everyone can spend a lot of time here so an interesting discussion might get over looked.

There we go. That's all Im saying. I knew someone would be able to express it better than I.

loveshack2 is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:44 PM
  #50
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 40,402
vCash: 500
monkey's going for the record.

500 post in 3 days.

p.l.f. is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.