HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're now in 4th place...

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Epoch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Dillinger is a good one too I just don't want to be like him that's all.........Ideally I would want to work doing an allnight show on the history of classic rock OR some other allnight radio show...maybe talk radio would be best for me where the callers and myself would have a different topic to talk about every night.........who knows?.....the possibilities are endless here.
Well,do you want to be a comic,or a serious one?

Old
09-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Dillinger is a good one too I just don't want to be like him that's all.........Ideally I would want to work doing an allnight show on the history of classic rock OR some other allnight radio show...maybe talk radio would be best for me where the callers and myself would have a different topic to talk about every night.........who knows?.....the possibilities are endless here.
Hey now this conversation has degraded to a LOUNGE ACT ..

Isn't there a board at HF where late night talk radio would be more appropriate...

Old
09-27-2003, 08:34 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-TWѤ
Well,do you want to be a comic,or a serious one?
I think the best approach to take which I've been told by others already in the radio business is to just be myself........so that means being a little bit of both, comic and serious........I may decide to even go ahead with my "monkey" handle for the radio too.......I mean the "Wolfman" handle worked well for the Wolfman Jack right?

Old
09-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Hey now this conversation has degraded to a LOUNGE ACT ..

Isn't there a board at HF where late night talk radio would be more appropriate...
hey,its 1:37 in the a.m. cut me some slack!

Old
09-27-2003, 08:37 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
hey,its 1:37 in the a.m. cut me some slack!
Holy Moly........It's late.........I better get going........Good night.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Holy Moly........It's late.........I better get going........Good night.
night.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
I hate post padders

Old
09-27-2003, 09:52 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
I hate post padders
Post Padders?........what's that?

Old
09-27-2003, 09:56 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander

Old
09-28-2003, 03:30 AM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
4,000!

Old
09-29-2003, 03:23 PM
monkey_00*

We're still in 4th place among all the team Forums at hfboards.com but we've been the second most active team Forum (after the Habs) in the last 7-days.......we're gaining ground on Vancouver and keeping pace with Montreal and Edmonton.....here are the latest numbers:

15,382...Montreal
10,045...Edmonton
09,045...Vancouver
08,206...Toronto
07,908...Boston
06,719...NY Rangers
04,932...Pittsburgh
03,023...Nashville
02,791...Colorado

Old
09-29-2003, 03:26 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
This thread should be deleted. I remember Buffaloed closing one like this in the Nashville forum.

Stop bumping it up, monkey.

Old
09-29-2003, 03:38 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBlue
This thread should be deleted. I remember Buffaloed closing one like this in the Nashville forum.

Stop bumping it up, monkey.
Why should it be deleted?.....What's wrong with it?....Are you ever Happy?

Old
09-29-2003, 03:43 PM
loveshack2

Quote:
Why should it be deleted?.....What's wrong with it?....Are you ever Happy?

Because it's a waste of bandwidth. Posting isnt a competition. What's that old saying? "Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove them right".

If you have something to contribute then by all means post it, but posting just for the sake of bumping up your own post count just waste's everyone's time.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:11 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
Because it's a waste of bandwidth. Posting isnt a competition. What's that old saying? "Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove them right".

If you have something to contribute then by all means post it, but posting just for the sake of bumping up your own post count just waste's everyone's time.
Actually for your information I don't know what your problem is?.....you never have anything great to say to me anyways so I'll take whatever you have to say to me with a grain of salt....at least I try to start conversations in here by starting up threads.....How many threads have you started in here?.........Isn't this what these Forums are here for?.........I talk hockey and Leafs in here.....I'm not doing anything wrong in here.......If I am I would have been told about it by now...........who knows maybe you want to be Mod in here???.......if you don't like what I have to say then why don't you just ignore my posts?

Old
09-29-2003, 04:18 PM
loveshack2

Quote:
Actually for your information I don't know what your problem is?.....you never have anything great to say to me anyways so I'll take whatever you have to say to me with a grain of salt....at least I try to start conversations in here by starting up threads.....How many threads have you started in here?.........Isn't this what these Forums are here for?.........I talk hockey and Leafs in here.....I'm not doing anything wrong in here.......If I am I would have been told about it by now...........who knows maybe you want to be Mod in here???.......if you don't like what I have to say then why don't you just ignore my posts?

Kind of hard to ignore you when you start a new thread about every 30 seconds.

I have no problem with you personally and I usually appreciate what you have to say but it would be nice if you could combine some of your thoughts into fewer posts. It's tough to keep up.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:21 PM
Epoch

Quote:
"Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove them right".
Oh man,I've got to remember that one.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:24 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Kind of hard to ignore you when you start a new thread about every 30 seconds.

I have no problem with you personally and I usually appreciate what you have to say but it would be nice if you could combine some of your thoughts into fewer posts. It's tough to keep up.
All right, That's better...we can talk without having to resort to name calling........

Listen you're not the first one in here that has told me that...and I didn't realize that it was SUCH a HUGE deal with some people in here but this is a Hockey Forum and inside Hockey Forums we talk which is what I've been doing alot of.......our 2 Mods in here haven't told me to cut back on my posts or to even stop.....so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong by posting in here.........I'm sorry it's a problem for you but when I'm inside a Forum ESPECIALLY a hockey forum I have plenty to say.......this is how I like to spend alot of my free time........again if this bothers you I'm sorry but that's just the way I am.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:26 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Oh man,I've got to remember that one.
Ya that's not a bad line I must admit........I'll remember to use that one myself sometime during the hockey season.......unless of course he owns copyrights to that saying.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:29 PM
loveshack2

Quote:
All right, That's better...we can talk without having to resort to name calling........

Listen you're not the first one in here that has told me that...and I didn't realize that it was SUCH a HUGE deal with some people in here but this is a Hockey Forum and inside Hockey Forums we talk which is what I've been doing alot of.......our 2 Mods in here haven't told me to cut back on my posts or to even stop.....so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong by posting in here.........I'm sorry it's a problem for you but when I'm inside a Forum ESPECIALLY a hockey forum I have plenty to say.......this is how I like to spend alot of my free time........again if this bothers you I'm sorry but that's just the way I am.
No biggie. It's not against any official rules, just my opinion. Not all of us can spend that much time in here and we don't want to miss anything is all

Quote:
Ya that's not a bad line I must admit........I'll remember to use that one myself sometime during the hockey season.......unless of course he owns copyrights to that saying.
Im pretty sure it's public domain by now, but if you want to give me a copyright fee Im not gonna complain

Old
09-29-2003, 04:31 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

[QUOTE=loveshack2]Kind of hard to ignore you when you start a new thread about every 30 seconds.

hehehehehehehe

Old
09-29-2003, 04:34 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
No biggie. It's not against any official rules, just my opinion. Not all of us can spend that much time in here and we don't want to miss anything is all
OK I understand buddy.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:37 PM
ACC1224

Monkey go nuts, post away...only thing you might want to consider is that every time you start a new thread it pushes other threads further down the page and eventually to the 2nd page where they will be ignored...not everyone can spend a lot of time here so an interesting discussion might get over looked.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:41 PM
loveshack2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
Monkey go nuts, post away...only thing you might want to consider is that every time you start a new thread it pushes other threads further down the page and eventually to the 2nd page where they will be ignored...not everyone can spend a lot of time here so an interesting discussion might get over looked.

There we go. That's all Im saying. I knew someone would be able to express it better than I.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:44 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

monkey's going for the record.

500 post in 3 days.

Closed Thread