HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we need a LIST?

Old
01-13-2014, 11:08 PM
bucks_oil

vCash: 500
Do we need a LIST?

Like the rest of you my patience is running thin. It's bad enough that we've been forced to rant about how terrible our team, coach, mgmt, owner are... But these days we need to endure the daily beatings from opposing fans kicking us while we are down.

I know, I know... Save it, stay classy. But that's my concern. If, and it seems a big if right now, we manage to turn it around, some of us might be just a little bitter about the experience we endured on this board.

Should we have a list of old threads that helps explain our behavior on those (oh so very rare) moments when we've forgotten to take the high road?

I'll start... Today's thread got to me... In the midst of an inspiring Anaheim streak, it's much more fun to kick the oilers (and fans) while we are down
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1581191

The Oilers are a Junior Team:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1521829

Last edited by bucks_oil: 01-14-2014 at 10:19 AM.
bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 02:15 AM
alanschu

Meh. Means that poster is uninspired and to some extent just a bully.

I don't even venture off the Oilers board. I don't care what other people say about our team (I barely care what Oilers fans say about our team )

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 06:49 AM
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
I don't have an issue with that thread because its all very true. I think we as fans are more critical than anything else. The Oilers organization has been a laughing stock for a very long time. Katz is a joke for not cleaning out the office long ago. Our team is so bad that other fans think the Oil are actually tanking on purpose.

The Oilers **** suck balls! What do you do.. other than wiat.. and wait.. and wait.. and wait for things to turn around.

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 07:23 AM
DigitalSea
#50in15

I've gotta admit I really do feel for you guys, a lot of these posters on the main board threads have been absolutely classless. I think some posters forget that with every peak, there are some low points as well.

Good luck to you guys, regardless of team I think we all share that passion for the game, you deserve better.

DigitalSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 08:10 AM
FlyOil

I will remain loyal no matter how bad it gets. I will be very sad if someone like Eberle leaves the organization

FlyOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Like the rest of you my patience is running thin. It's bad enough that we've been forced to rant about how terrible our team, coach, mgmt, owner are... But these days we need to endure the daily beatings from opposing fans kicking us while we are down.

I know, I know... Save it, stay classy. But that's my concern. If, and it seems a big if right now, we manage to turn it around, some of us might be just a little bitter about the experience we endured on this board.

Should we have a list of old threads that helps explain our behavior on those (oh so very rare) moments when we've forgotten to take the high road?

I'll start... Today's thread got to me... In the midst of an inspiring Anaheim streak, it's much more fun to kick the oilers (and fans) while we are down
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1581191
why shouldn't they kick us while we're down? It's the nature of things.
besides a few people deserve it I'm sure, after telling the rest of the board for the last 4 years how awesome this young talented team is going to be.

The team doesn't want to be made fun of, they should get better.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:16 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
why shouldn't they kick us while we're down? It's the nature of things.
besides a few people deserve it I'm sure, after telling the rest of the board for the last 4 years how awesome this young talented team is going to be.

The team doesn't want to be made fun of, they should get better.
Granted, a few posters certainly deserve it... but the rest of us are enduring the sins of the few.

And that's fine, like you say, the nature of things.... and I can smile and take it.... and if we do turn it around there's going to be a long overdue party... and we'll be hearing it again. I'm going to smile and take that too...

But at some point... in real life (and even here)... people start making my ****list. All of these people will eventually have to eat their heart out. (and/or see me grinning when life feeds them their own ****sandwhich)

That's what this thread is for.

Old
01-14-2014, 10:18 AM
bucks_oil

The infamous "Oilers a junior team" makes the list
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1521829

Old
01-14-2014, 10:25 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSea View Post
I've gotta admit I really do feel for you guys, a lot of these posters on the main board threads have been absolutely classless. I think some posters forget that with every peak, there are some low points as well.

Good luck to you guys, regardless of team I think we all share that passion for the game, you deserve better.
Thanks.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:27 AM
BackhandToeyJoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyOil View Post
I will remain loyal no matter how bad it gets. I will be very sad if someone like Eberle leaves the organization
I'm right there with you, buddy. I love this hockey team, even though they're not playing their best hockey right now: I'll still continue to watch Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov, hell, even Justin Schultz.

Edit: Buuuuut, come to think of it, I might've actually said something stupid about Nick Schultz on the main board. Was a while ago, but I could've easily taken the high road on that one lol.

BackhandToeyJoey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Granted, a few posters certainly deserve it... but the rest of us are enduring the sins of the few.

And that's fine, like you say, the nature of things.... and I can smile and take it.... and if we do turn it around there's going to be a long overdue party... and we'll be hearing it again. I'm going to smile and take that too...

But at some point... in real life (and even here)... people start making my ****list. All of these people will eventually have to eat their heart out. (and/or see me grinning when life feeds them their own ****sandwhich)

That's what this thread is for.
understandable. hopefully what goes around will come around. the oilers can't suck forever. (I hope)

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Slats432

Let's try to imagine this....

Getting ready for next season.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:26 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

So so your basically want us to keep this list for a HF punisher? find those that have foresaken us in our darkest hour? lmao go for it

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:47 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
So so your basically want us to keep this list for a HF punisher? find those that have foresaken us in our darkest hour? lmao go for it
Not quite... After all of the abuse, I'm just not expecting us to be as gracious in victory ( should that ever come to pass). It may be useful to keep a list of the daily "oilers suck" threads on the main board so that we at least have some evidence to justify our behaviour.

Old
01-15-2014, 01:40 AM
PETRYDISH

Way too much for this team to do. Honestly at this point all I care about is that Petry starts playing good so my username doesn't become irrelevant.

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Starbuds
You like muscles?

The list we need is about the Oilers PR guys infesting this forum. Well, they aren't too hard to spot. So maybe not.

Starbuds is offline   Reply With Quote