HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Ticket Exchange Thread..read instructions carefully

Old
03-17-2014, 01:16 PM
The Phillips Point
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Hi guys,
Sens fan coming in peace...!

My brother and I are heading out to Toronto April 4-6 weekend and are looking at going to the Leafs vs Jets game on the Saturday night.

We have been checking stubhub regularly but the prices for actual seats seem quite high, but I guess that is to be expected. They are selling in the area of $170 USD per ticket in the 300LVL. We're not opposed to paying that, but would like to get the prices down a little first.

There are however "standing only, no alcohol" tickets available from $110 per, which we are considering as well. My question to you guys is, how are those tickets? Is the view obstructed in any way? Is it crowded and cramped with 50+ people standing together?

Alternately does anyone know where we can buy tickets elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

The Phillips Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:43 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phillips Point View Post
Hi guys,
Sens fan coming in peace...!

My brother and I are heading out to Toronto April 4-6 weekend and are looking at going to the Leafs vs Jets game on the Saturday night.

We have been checking stubhub regularly but the prices for actual seats seem quite high, but I guess that is to be expected. They are selling in the area of $170 USD per ticket in the 300LVL. We're not opposed to paying that, but would like to get the prices down a little first.

There are however "standing only, no alcohol" tickets available from $110 per, which we are considering as well. My question to you guys is, how are those tickets? Is the view obstructed in any way? Is it crowded and cramped with 50+ people standing together?

Alternately does anyone know where we can buy tickets elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
I've never been all the way up there, but I can't imagine it's a great experience. You're literally behind the press box -- it doesn't get any further away. I'd easily spend $60 more per ticket to have an actual seat.

As for finding a better price, if there was a magic solution to find cheaper tickets, that solution wouldn't exist. Basically, you could go on Kijiji (where you have to instill a certain level of trust), or do a walk-up and buy from a Scalper. If you wait until a few minutes after the game starts, the Scalpers will begin to discount whatever tickets they have left.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 03:34 PM
yideboit

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
I've never been all the way up there, but I can't imagine it's a great experience. You're literally behind the press box -- it doesn't get any further away. I'd easily spend $60 more per ticket to have an actual seat.

As for finding a better price, if there was a magic solution to find cheaper tickets, that solution wouldn't exist. Basically, you could go on Kijiji (where you have to instill a certain level of trust), or do a walk-up and buy from a Scalper. If you wait until a few minutes after the game starts, the Scalpers will begin to discount whatever tickets they have left.
never had standing room. is that what youre referring to here?

i've SAT in many places myself and the best place to sit in my opinion is upper bowl in the 1-12 rows back type area somewhere between the ends (off the curves i guess?) best view ... no obstructions that ive seen

yideboit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:06 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by yideboit View Post
never had standing room. is that what youre referring to here?

i've SAT in many places myself and the best place to sit in my opinion is upper bowl in the 1-12 rows back type area somewhere between the ends (off the curves i guess?) best view ... no obstructions that ive seen
Yeah, the upper bowl is good, and I agree, you want to be within the first 10-15 rows of the upper bowl.

Standing room is way too far back IMO.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:29 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Yeah, the upper bowl is good, and I agree, you want to be within the first 10-15 rows of the upper bowl.

Standing room is way too far back IMO.
There's only 17 rows in the upper bowl as it is. There truly isn't a bad seat in the ACC, save for the small handful of seats that explicitly say "obstructed view" on them.

As for the OP from Ottawa, your best bet is stubhub. Wait until 2-3 days before gameday when sellers reduce prices to sell. I have done this on more than one occasion and you can often go from a ticket that is marked up 30-40% and get something that is only 5-10% above FV, which in Toronto is very good value. E-tickets are key as they are instantly delivered.

Going to scalpers is playing with fire, and if like me you're about enjoying the experience rather than just seeing the game, you're not going to want to wait until 5-10 mins into the game to purchase tickets just to save $30-40.

topched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 08:18 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
There's only 17 rows in the upper bowl as it is. There truly isn't a bad seat in the ACC, save for the small handful of seats that explicitly say "obstructed view" on them.

As for the OP from Ottawa, your best bet is stubhub. Wait until 2-3 days before gameday when sellers reduce prices to sell. I have done this on more than one occasion and you can often go from a ticket that is marked up 30-40% and get something that is only 5-10% above FV, which in Toronto is very good value. E-tickets are key as they are instantly delivered.

Going to scalpers is playing with fire, and if like me you're about enjoying the experience rather than just seeing the game, you're not going to want to wait until 5-10 mins into the game to purchase tickets just to save $30-40.
18 rows with row 19 being Standing Room. These are the only two rows that you can't see the entire scoreboard.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Sleemans

I have a single available for tomorrow night's game vs Boston.
Section:121
Row:20
Face Value:$290

http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/toronto_maple_leafs/

Thanks,
Brian

Sleemans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 04:05 PM
i love jonas hoglund
Rookie User

I have a pair of platinum tickets to the leafs and jets tomorrow, section 118 row 9 seats 5&6. looking to sell for face value, which is $260 per ticket.

i love jonas hoglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 04:45 PM
BudMaster17
Gap Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love jonas hoglund View Post
I have a pair of platinum tickets to the leafs and jets tomorrow, section 118 row 9 seats 5&6. looking to sell for face value, which is $260 per ticket.
I'll take them off your hands

BudMaster17 is offline   Reply With Quote