HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Koivu for Havlat?*proposal*

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 06:00 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Koivu for Havlat?

Hmmmm>>???

Old
09-22-2003, 06:02 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Hmmmm>>???
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo.

Old
09-22-2003, 06:22 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo.
LOL!

09-22-2003, 06:27 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Being a Habs fan I`d make this trade but I don`t think anybody else would

Koivu is coming off only his second full season in about 9 years, but is already injured again. Havlat eventho he`s unsigned is extrely talented and very young and when signed will mostlikely be making much less than Koivu. Ottawa slaps Gainey across the face if he proposes this. Now add Brisebois and you got yourself a deal

Old
09-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
I hope this is a joke.

I'm a Habs fan and I can see that you are going to get ***** in this thread.

Koivu is a centre. The Sens do not need centers, they have enough as it is.

Old
09-22-2003, 06:41 PM
MVP

Old
09-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Jon Burke

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Hmmmm>>???
Koivu is so much better than Havlat, it isn't even funny.

Old
09-23-2003, 03:43 AM
Other Dave

If you want Koivu we want Hossa back. Ottawa will have to seriously overpay to get Koivu.

Other Dave

Old
09-23-2003, 04:15 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

So does this mean that Perrault is the no 1 center in Montreal after the trade? Ouch.

Old
09-23-2003, 04:18 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
So does this mean that Perrault is the no 1 center in Montreal after the trade? Ouch.
Isn't he anyway?

Other Dave

Old
09-23-2003, 04:41 AM
Marksman

This prop is futile. Divisional rivals dont trade marquee players like this. Remember what went between these two last time? Dackell and late pick.

Old
09-23-2003, 04:42 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Yikes!

Do Habs fans realize that in his 2nd and 3rd seasons in the NHL, Havlat scored more goals in each of those seasons than Koivu EVER has in his career? Havlat also had the same ppg as Koivu last year (Koivu's career year I might add), all while playing on the third line.

Did I mention Koivu is also smaller, more injury prone and makes twice as much money even if the Sens met Havlat's demands?

I think you get the picture.

How' bout Todd White and a pick for Koivu? They both post similar numbers (Koivu a little more), but White is less injury prone and cheaper. Hell, we'll even throw in a couple of beaver tails to make the deal happen.

Old
09-23-2003, 04:46 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e)
Yikes!

Do Habs fans realize that in his 2nd and 3rd seasons in the NHL, Havlat scored more goals in each of those seasons than Koivu EVER has in his career? Havlat also had the same ppg as Koivu last year (Koivu's career year I might add), all while playing on the third line.

Did I mention Koivu is also smaller, more injury prone and makes twice as much money even if the Sens met Havlat's demands?

How' bout Todd White and a pick for Koivu? They both post similar numbers (Koivu a little more), but White is less injury prone and cheaper. Hell, we'll even throw in a couple of beaver tails to make the deal happen.
Also White is a real goon - he can take out the other team's top center with a good check.

Old
09-23-2003, 05:44 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
Hell, we'll even throw in a couple of beaver tails to make the deal happen.
How can you consider beaver tails to be a throw-in? We're not giving up beaver tails unless we get poutine in return.

Other Dave

Old
09-23-2003, 06:16 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Dave
How can you consider beaver tails to be a throw-in? We're not giving up beaver tails unless we get poutine in return.

Other Dave

Old
09-23-2003, 11:03 AM
Murphy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Ottawa slaps Gainey across the face if he proposes this.
Not only do they slap him across the face. They trade to get Georges Laracques and re-sign Rob Ray and send the all goon team after Gainey to have a little after the wistle talk with him. The team is composed of Georges Laracques, Rob Ray, Dennis Bonvie, Chris Neil and Saku Koivu(because he just sees how stupid a proposal Gainey just made)

Old
09-23-2003, 01:30 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yikes!

Do you not realize that Havlat plays for the SENS and Koivu plays on a team where he has to do everything on Offence. Havlat has the luxury of talented teamates where Montreal is still supporting guys like Audette on the first and second lines. Give your head a shake and speak before you think! Could you imagine Koivu at centre with Hossa to pass the puck to. KOivu would rack 100 pts every year! In fact before his first injury way back when, he was leading the league in points. Koivu is much better then Havlat...Koivu has not been injury prone...he's had the same injury for ever. Problem was he never had surgery for it until recently then he got cancer...if you call getting cancer injury prone you have severe problems. Other then Koivu's Knee injury several years back he's had no other injuries. From the time he got surgery he had not been ailed by the knee until recently.

Old
09-23-2003, 02:06 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
Give your head a shake and speak before you think!
:p

Old
09-23-2003, 02:29 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Do you not realize that Havlat plays for the SENS and Koivu plays on a team where he has to do everything on Offence. Havlat has the luxury of talented teamates where Montreal is still supporting guys like Audette on the first and second lines. Give your head a shake and speak before you think! Could you imagine Koivu at centre with Hossa to pass the puck to. KOivu would rack 100 pts every year! In fact before his first injury way back when, he was leading the league in points. Koivu is much better then Havlat...Koivu has not been injury prone...he's had the same injury for ever. Problem was he never had surgery for it until recently then he got cancer...if you call getting cancer injury prone you have severe problems. Other then Koivu's Knee injury several years back he's had no other injuries. From the time he got surgery he had not been ailed by the knee until recently.
Havlat played on the third line last year. He's had third line line-mates more or less his entire career. Donald Audette scored what, 79 points as the go-to guy on a poor team. In the same season, Sergei Fedorov scored 69 points. Is Audette a better offensive player than Fedorov. Nope. Ray Whitney scored 76 points last year on a piss poor team. Havlat scored 59 points. Ottawa has depth, but Havlat is pushed down by that. He gets less ice time because of it. Koivu has essentially 2 healthy seasons in his career, his first season and this most recent season. Even if you throw out 2001-02, where he battled cancer, those other 5 years, he averaged 52 games a season.

Old
09-23-2003, 02:38 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph_man15
Not only do they slap him across the face. They trade to get Georges Laracques and re-sign Rob Ray and send the all goon team after Gainey to have a little after the wistle talk with him. The team is composed of Georges Laracques, Rob Ray, Dennis Bonvie, Chris Neil and Saku Koivu(because he just sees how stupid a proposal Gainey just made)
ahhh one of the few posts that had me laughing

Old
09-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Murphy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
ahhh one of the few posts that had me laughing
Glad to see someone appreciate it...lol

Old
09-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Ford Prefect

Quote:
Originally Posted by strummerman
my last offer Koivu Theo for Lalime Spezza
Where do I sign?

Old
09-24-2003, 04:35 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Quick question for the uninformed: Who were Havlat's linemates last season?

A hint: they were a hell of a lot less talented than Koivu's.

And yes, it was his knee I was talking about. The same..*ahem*... knee that has him on the shelf once again.

And for the love of god, can Habs fans get over the fact Koivu was in the scoring lead for a couple of days like 10 years ago. It's like Sens fans talking about how Bob Kudelski could have lead the league in goal scoring because he was around the lead for a few weeks around the same time frame. Saku will never get 100 points no matter who he plays with. Hell, I'll be more convinced when he gets 70 points more than once.

It was a great comeback for Koivu last year. But in the end he's a good little player and a solid #2 center. But as a #1 center he's been a disappointment production-wise over the last five years. And that's the cold hard truth.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:16 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
And for the love of god, can Habs fans get over the fact Koivu was in the scoring lead for a couple of days like 10 years ago. It's like Sens fans talking about how Bob Kudelski could have lead the league in goal scoring because he was around the lead for a few weeks around the same time frame.
26 goals in half a season, man, he shoulda been Ottawa's first 50 goal scorer.

Other Dave

Old
09-24-2003, 07:50 AM
RyanWhite53

Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
Quote:
Quick question for the uninformed: Who were Havlat's linemates last season?

A hint: they were a hell of a lot less talented than Koivu's.

And yes, it was his knee I was talking about. The same..*ahem*... knee that has him on the shelf once again.

And for the love of god, can Habs fans get over the fact Koivu was in the scoring lead for a couple of days like 10 years ago. It's like Sens fans talking about how Bob Kudelski could have lead the league in goal scoring because he was around the lead for a few weeks around the same time frame. Saku will never get 100 points no matter who he plays with. Hell, I'll be more convinced when he gets 70 points more than once.

It was a great comeback for Koivu last year. But in the end he's a good little player and a solid #2 center. But as a #1 center he's been a disappointment production-wise over the last five years. And that's the cold hard truth

For the love of god, could someone give a reason why this is a bad trade while not having their Ottawa or Montreal Homer-Hat on?

Quick question for the uninformed: Who were Koivu's linemates last year?

answer: Koivu had no permanent linemates, they were Zednik and Audette, then Zednik and Kilger, then Kilger and Czerkawski, then Bulis and Czerkawski, then Zednik and Bulis, then Bulis and Audette...hell, I even think he played with Gilmour on his line at one point or another.

Linemates aren't even the real issue here, it's who the line has to play against, Koivu's line, always against the top 2 lines or the best checking line, of the other team...and Ottawa, with the luxury of having at least 3 producing lines, Havlat's line could go the whole night without facing the number 1 line, or best checking line of a team.

Tell me, how is a player supposed to achieve his full potential when he has different linemates constantly, not knowing there tendencies, speed, skill...

and no he is not a "good little player"...he is a "great little player" who plays bigger than his size.

As for the 2nd line centre comment, How in the hell is he still considered a second line centre, when he was around 15th in scoring among centres last year...now, in an ideal world, a second line centre would be in the range of 30th to 60th in scoring...doesn't that make sense?

Also, Koivu's production has never been a disappointment, his health has been, he has always produced as he should or moreso.

and I haven't even touched the topics of the intangibles Koivu brings, the inspiration and leadership he brings to the team.

Your so called "cold hard truth" is nothing more than a generalist statement defending your teams side of a proposal!

along those lines, here is my "cold hard truth":

Havlat, although skilled, is no better than the team around him, and on a team like Montreal with little offensive firepower, he is lucky to score between 40-50 points a season.

Closed Thread