HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Rookie camp roster (September 5-9)

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Tinordi is a lock to make the big club IMO, probably even playing top 4 with Markov. He has an advantage being able to play RD, the position needed to fill with Emelin out.

And unless another dmen is brought in, with Emelin hurt, we have 7 dmen, and Mtl likes to carry 8 dmen.

How I think it's going to turn out

Gorges Subban
Markov Tindori
Murray Daiz
Bouillon DD44
If Tinirdi was a lock they wouldn't have signed Murray. /enddiscussion

Old
09-06-2013, 08:33 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
RDS DREAM TEAM

Therrien-Raymond-Gelinas

Gagnon-PJ Stock

Le Baron
Good one

Old
09-06-2013, 08:39 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
If Tinirdi was a lock they wouldn't have signed Murray. /enddiscussion
Lol

WITH Murray we have 7 healthy dmen, the Habs for years have carried 8th dmen 13forwards, since you needed the discussion mind telling us who the other dmen will be?

Old
09-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Lol

WITH Murray we have 7 healthy dmen, the Habs for years have carried 8th dmen 13forwards, since you needed the discussion mind telling us who the other dmen will be?
It's all about depth. 82 game season, Habs will use at least 10 different D, no different than any other year.

Old
09-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Tyson

Evidently Nathan B spent all summer training in Brossard. Perhaps the mind numbing stupidity by him and his father was a wake up call to grow the heck up. I think Beaulieu is supremely talented and if he ever puts it all together we will have a star player.

Old
09-06-2013, 08:45 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Lol

you don't sign a free agent to let him sit, you don't want Tinordi as 7 or 8, he needs to play full time.

at the beginning of the year, there is no problem, Drewiske will be # 7 but when Emelin returns and if there is not other injuries to the D, it will be something to see as i don't expect Franky B to be seating, and unless he's been terrible, neither should Murray....

Old
09-06-2013, 08:45 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
It's all about depth. 82 game season, Habs will use at least 10 different D, no different than any other year.
Of course, but I'm taking about to start the year, as things stands IMO Tinordi is making the team.

Saying Murray signing is a sign that Tinordi is unlikely to make the team isn't right, because with Murray we are short 1 dmen. And I think Tinordi will be the dmen that makes the club.

Old
09-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The idea of building depth on D has to mean a couple of things. You can't have guys who will be unsatisfied of their role if you keep them up without playing them. Then, if you have a couple of those guys in the AHL, you need to be able to bring them up without being afraid they'd be picked up. And then, it's useful to have a couple of rookie down there that you won't lose through waivers that you can use that are close to be ready.

So Habs thinks that guys like Drewiske, Murray, Bouillon, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Lashoff or even Chouinard answers those criteria in their own way.

Old
09-06-2013, 08:49 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
you don't sign a free agent to let him sit, you don't want Tinordi as 7 or 8, he needs to play full time.

at the beginning of the year, there is no problem, Drewiske will be # 7 but when Emelin returns and if there is not other injuries to the D, it will be something to see as i don't expect Franky B to be seating, and unless he's been terrible, neither should Murray....
I don't think Murray is going to sit, I think it's Bouillon on most nights. If Tinordi shows he is ready, and I think he is, the team will not send him down to play Bouillon instead, Bergevin has kept saying it, and Therrien did the same when the young dmen where all called up, they will play, Weber, Kaberle all sat in favour of the young guys when they got called up.

Old
09-06-2013, 08:56 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Even if look at the things said by Bergevin and Murray himself, it seems the team plans on using Murray with a pucking moving dmen that with speed, seeing how Murray can play only LD that means either Subban or Daiz.

Highly unlikely he'll be a top pairing with Subban so that leaves him with Daiz on the 3rd pair.

Only other possible pairings without Tinordi would be Markov Gorges, Bouillon Subban, again highly unlike Bouillon is going to be playing top minutes with Subban,

Bouillon tried to play RD last year but didnt do well and MT stopped using him there and put him back on LD and made Tinordi play RD, and he actually did well.

With Tinordi being able to play RD he makes it perfect into just fit him in with Markov and keeping Gorges Subban as the top pair.

Old
09-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Of course, but I'm taking about to start the year, as things stands IMO Tinordi is making the team.

Saying Murray signing is a sign that Tinordi is unlikely to make the team isn't right, because with Murray we are short 1 dmen. And I think Tinordi will be the dmen that makes the club.
PK-Markov-Gorges-Bouillon-Murray-Diaz-Drewiske, without Emelin. If Tinordi doesn't play better than these guys, I don't see the need in keeping him up here as a 7-8th Dman.

I think Tinordi will be better than Murray-Drew-Bouillon at camp. I think the only locks are PK-Markov-Gorges-Diaz, then the rest are fighting for spots. However, veterans usually get the benefit of the doubt and are giving a better chance to succeed considering millions are invested in them.

Old
09-06-2013, 09:12 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post

Drewiske was Ufa no?

Old
09-06-2013, 09:13 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
PK-Markov-Gorges-Bouillon-Murray-Diaz-Drewiske, without Emelin. If Tinordi doesn't play better than these guys, I don't see the need in keeping him up here as a 7-8th Dman.

I think Tinordi will be better than Murray-Drew-Bouillon at camp. I think the only locks are PK-Markov-Gorges-Diaz, then the rest are fighting for spots. However, veterans usually get the benefit of the doubt and are giving a better chance to succeed considering millions are invested in them.
Bouillon Gorges pair could work, because Gorges can play RD, but Bouillon playing top 4 minutes...

agree with they are fighting so spots, but with how its shaping up, it seems the team has left a clear open spot for Tinordi to take that top 4 RD spot.

Old
09-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Tyson

Quote:

I agree that Tinordi should make the team. It's up to him. He is also a natural leader.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:29 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 284
Quote:
Even if look at the things said by Bergevin and Murray himself, it seems the team plans on using Murray with a pucking moving dmen that with speed, seeing how Murray can play only LD that means either Subban or Daiz.

Highly unlikely he'll be a top pairing with Subban so that leaves him with Daiz on the 3rd pair.

Only other possible pairings without Tinordi would be Markov Gorges, Bouillon Subban, again highly unlike Bouillon is going to be playing top minutes with Subban,

Bouillon tried to play RD last year but didnt do well and MT stopped using him there and put him back on LD and made Tinordi play RD, and he actually did well.

With Tinordi being able to play RD he makes it perfect into just fit him in with Markov and keeping Gorges Subban as the top pair.
On a side note. Can you just imagine how slow a Murray-Markov pairing would be?

Old
09-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Draft

I think people are getting a little out of hand with their projections. Tinordi "showed" the ability to play okay in very limited, protected minutes during the playoffs..... So this means he's a lock to be playing as high as the second pairing? He's playing really well against junior-aged players.... Do we not think Murray, Bouillon, and Drewiske would be doing the same? If Tinordi was supposed to be starting in the NHL, Murray, Bouillon and Drewiske wouldn't all have been extended.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:43 PM
HCH

Quote:
I don't think Murray is going to sit, I think it's Bouillon on most nights. If Tinordi shows he is ready, and I think he is, the team will not send him down to play Bouillon instead, Bergevin has kept saying it, and Therrien did the same when the young dmen where all called up, they will play, Weber, Kaberle all sat in favour of the young guys when they got called up.
I think you identified the reason that the Habs carried 8 defenseman last year. They didn't want to play Kaberle and risk an injury that would have prevented a buyout. Without Kaberle throwing the ratios out of balance, there is a good chance the team could go with 7 defenseman.

In that way they could go with 14 forwards or if they wanted a 22 man roster they could go with 7 defensemen and 13 forwards. The advantage of a smaller roster is that in reduces the cap hit and opens up cap space for a late season acquisition if the situation was right.

Roster flexibility is important.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:44 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
On a side note. Can you just imagine how slow a Murray-Markov pairing would be?
Markov isn't as slow as some here make him out to be.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
"Beaulieu spent the summer living in Montreal and training with Pierre Allard, the Habs' strength and conditioning coach in Brossard."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=431293
Same as Kadri did with Gary Roberts the summer before. Didn't stop him from having the "fat and slow" label splashed all over the Toronto sports pages... If Beaulieu ends up having half the season "fat and slow" Kadri had, I'll be jumping for joy.

Old
09-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Evidently Nathan B spent all summer training in Brossard. Perhaps the mind numbing stupidity by him and his father was a wake up call to grow the heck up. I think Beaulieu is supremely talented and if he ever puts it all together we will have a star player.
I don't condone in any way what he did, however I really like the fiery side of Bealieu's personality. It reminds me of a young Chelios, Corson or Pronger. Alot of lines were crossed early in their careers.lol... If that side can be reigned in it can become an asset. Alot easier than getting a nice guy to play with an edge.

Old
09-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I think you identified the reason that the Habs carried 8 defenseman last year. They didn't want to play Kaberle and risk an injury that would have prevented a buyout. Without Kaberle throwing the ratios out of balance, there is a good chance the team could go with 7 defenseman.

In that way they could go with 14 forwards or if they wanted a 22 man roster they could go with 7 defensemen and 13 forwards. The advantage of a smaller roster is that in reduces the cap hit and opens up cap space for a late season acquisition if the situation was right.

Everything you've said is correct. I'd say there's a good chance we're running with 7 defenceman and Parros as our 13th forward, we didn't have that option last year.

Old
09-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Gaston Therrien is awful and TSN should be ashamed they gave him a segment.
TSN?

I don't think he can even put together two sentences in English.

Old
09-07-2013, 12:18 AM
HCH

Quote:

Old
09-07-2013, 12:56 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Bouillon Gorges pair could work, because Gorges can play RD, but Bouillon playing top 4 minutes...

agree with they are fighting so spots, but with how its shaping up, it seems the team has left a clear open spot for Tinordi to take that top 4 RD spot.
They had no issues placing Bouillon in that role last year. They can also giv Markov-Gorges the tougher minutes and then let PK drag Bouillon along.
And we're talking about until Emelin comes back.

In any event, I don't think it's a lock that Tinordi has a spot. Far from it.

Old
09-07-2013, 01:30 AM
bsl

Quote:
Tinordi and Beaulieu are both NHL ready. Habs have superb depth on the blue line. If Tinordi and Beaulieu both start in Hamilton I will be ok with it because they both will dominate. Ellis and Pateryn should also be very good and Dietz will surprise and move up the depth chart quickly.
There's Nygren also. Bergy will need to start trading some young D for what we need in our contention window, as early as next deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post

Good thinking. We finally have no useless baggage, and a 7-13 system may be a very good idea.

It is also likely that we will have a LTIR Dman this year, and Tiny will then be guaranteed a spot anyway.

Closed Thread