HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Vapor SFL XI Senior Ice Skates

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2005, 12:42 AM
fcbarcelona

vCash: 500
Bauer Vapor SFL XI Senior Ice Skates

I'm planning on buying these from the following site: http://www.hockeygiant.com/bau04sflxisktsr.html

I need to know if there are any major flaws and if I can get better skates for a similar value. I'm an intermediate skater who's had CCM 700 Tacks for while now. I hear the XXs are near perfect and I'm curious to know how awesome the XXX's are.

I'm also thinking of buying these sticks: http://www.hockeygiant.com/gearhrntstksr.html

Full value for these two products comes out to $ 135 US. I'm not looking to blow my budget of 150 bucks US. If I need to, I'll leave out the sticks to get awesome skates.

Thanks in advance.

Old
07-03-2005, 04:23 AM
Sticks of Fury

Bauers usually are more narrow than CCM skates. Should try on a pair of Bauers first and see how they fit.

I know someone who got the Vapor XV's and he broke his steel blade twice. That put me off Bauers a bit.

If you want a deal...Check out www.missionhockey.com they have a buy a skate and get a stick free promo for your price range.

Old
07-03-2005, 10:15 AM
fcbarcelona

wicked...thanks

Old
07-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Petey21

I don't know about the stick as I haven't tried it but as for the skates, they are worth the price. I actually bought a pair of those myself the other week, my first Bauer skates ever, I've always been a CCM guy, thinking they are better for people with wide feet, but I've learnt that Bauer offer different widths. So the local store had a good deal on them and I tried them on and they felt great, despite my wide feet.

My model is however called Bauer Vapor Pro, but I've been told it's a European version of the Vapor XI that you were looking at (I have no idea what the difference would be except for the name though). Below is a pic of my new skates if anyone wanna see what they look like.

http://img285.echo.cx/img285/6716/img00022ku.jpg

Old
07-03-2005, 02:18 PM
fcbarcelona

you know i just went to a store and tried on the XIs to only find that they are indeed too narrow for my foot..7E included. for some reason, my left foots is noticeably bigger. i tried on the easton 500s and i loved how snug and lite they were.

Old
07-03-2005, 03:03 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Mission by far make the narrowest skates out there. If you have a wide foot, there is no way you will squeeze into a Mission.

Old
07-03-2005, 10:32 PM
fcbarcelona

Here's what I scored instead...

tell me what you think:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

Old
07-04-2005, 09:38 AM
JeffW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF
Mission by far make the narrowest skates out there. If you have a wide foot, there is no way you will squeeze into a Mission.
The S500 fits my clown feet beautifully in the EE width without heat molding. My shoes are 10.5 EEEE.

Closed Thread