HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines for tonight in Edmonton

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2003, 06:14 AM
  #1
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Lines for tonight in Edmonton

Both local papers have this, so I'm assuming it's somewhat accurate.

<b>forwards</b>
Johnson, Dowd, Dan Cavanaugh
Bouchard, Zholtok, Daigle
Park, Wallin, Brandner
Antti, Darby, Mika Hannula
<b>defensemen</b>
Mitchell, Bombardir
Zyuzin, Roche
Zbynek Michalek/Schultz, Brad Brown (the papers disagree on Schultz & Michalek)

Roloson starts in goal, apparently.

I really wish I could see this one, lines look interesting. Anyone know if Edmonton will have radio streaming anywhere? It's on KCCO again in town.. I'd rather not have to sit in the car.

A quote from the startrib:
These pairings mean Lemaire wants to take a hard look at Daigle and Brandner. "You put them with the best players, and you know how good they are," he said. "That's how it works."

(So, what does that say about Park and Wallin? Good thing I don't have press credentials.. Lemaire would get sick of my questions pretty quickly.)

ceber is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 06:47 AM
  #2
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,959
vCash: 500
Man, when you think that this line has been missing all along:

Dupuis - Walz - Gaborik

Surly Furious is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 07:08 AM
  #3
DW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: MN
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
Looks like Wanvig can start packing for better weather. Chouinard not playing two games in a row? Or did he play last game? I was wondering if Holmqvist will get the start but it looks like he's gone as well.

DW is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 11:02 AM
  #4
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Wanvig and Veilleux have been a bit of a disappointment but I wish that Lemaire threw them together for just one game. They have a lot of good chemistry together and they pair off each other so well. I would think they could've been a dominate line out there on the ice if Lemaire gave them the time to really get adjusted to the NHL.

So that means Wanvig and Veilleux might be traded if this year doesn't go right for them?

Great...

And here I thought they were going to be very solid players.

 
Old
09-27-2003, 11:07 AM
  #5
aylib
User and abuser
 
aylib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Stale ol' Hockey
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Wanvig and Veilleux have been a bit of a disappointment but I wish that Lemaire threw them together for just one game. They have a lot of good chemistry together and they pair off each other so well. I would think they could've been a dominate line out there on the ice if Lemaire gave them the time to really get adjusted to the NHL.

So that means Wanvig and Veilleux might be traded if this year doesn't go right for them?

Great...

And here I thought they were going to be very solid players.
I believe they played together for at least one game. They (Veillieux, Wallin, Wanvig) were definitely together during the Blackhawks-Wild game, logging decent amount of time. I would say that Wallin wasnt all that (if any) better than his two linemates.
I can see Wanving being sent down rather easily, but I think the trade talks are a little premature at this point.

aylib is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 11:21 AM
  #6
oilersrule14
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
I really wish I could see this one, lines look interesting. Anyone know if Edmonton will have radio streaming anywhere? It's on KCCO again in town.. I'd rather not have to sit in the car.
630 Ched (www.630ched.com) will have the game. The site's not working for me right now, hopefully it will get fixed so you can listen to it. Try www.edmontonoilers.com, if you can't get the ched site to work.

oilersrule14 is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 11:28 AM
  #7
GaborikRules10!!!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Section 110 at the X!!!
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
It looks like Daigle is really getting a hard look from the coaching staff. Playing with PM and Sergei tonight. It looks like he has a good shot at making the club. Go Daigle!

GaborikRules10!!! is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 11:45 AM
  #8
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersrule14
630 Ched (www.630ched.com) will have the game. The site's not working for me right now, hopefully it will get fixed so you can listen to it. Try www.edmontonoilers.com, if you can't get the ched site to work.
Thanks for the info!

ceber is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:46 PM
  #9
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Both local papers have this, so I'm assuming it's somewhat accurate.

<b>forwards</b>
Johnson, Dowd, Dan Cavanaugh
Bouchard, Zholtok, Daigle
Park, Wallin, Brandner
Antti, Darby, Mika Hannula
<b>defensemen</b>
Mitchell, Bombardir
Zyuzin, Roche
Zbynek Michalek/Schultz, Brad Brown (the papers disagree on Schultz & Michalek)

Roloson starts in goal, apparently.
Looking at the shift chart, it looks like the lines are different:

<b>forwards</b>
Veilleux, Dowd, Cavanaugh
Wanvig, Darby, Hannula
Bouchard, Zhotlok, Daigle
Park, Wallin, Brandner

So Veilleux and Wanvig are in, Antti and Moose are out.

On D, Marshall's playing, no Michalek, no Roche.

ceber is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.