HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

German Elections 2013

Old
09-23-2013, 04:49 AM
Ugmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
Even then, one of the biggest reasons for Germany's economic performance were the highly successful Hartz reforms implemented by Schroeder, which were undoubtedly neoliberal.
First time I've ever heard this theory.

Ugmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 06:32 AM
Johnny LaRue

vCash: 200
Quote:
Fair enough.

Even then, one of the biggest reasons for Germany's economic performance were the highly successful Hartz reforms implemented by Schroeder, which were undoubtedly neoliberal.
I am not disagreeing with you, but I assumed the main reason that Germany is so successful is the advent of the Euro. Germany has become an Economic powerhouse with high productivity and the other European nations like Greece, Italy and Spain have not been able to devalue their currency in order to compete.

Johnny LaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Burgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Die Linke is partially a continuation of the old East German communist party, but they aren't ideological communists any more.
By and large, they aren't anymore. But there are some sub-factions like the Communist Platform, people who celebrate Castro's birthday etc. Funnily enough most of those old hardcore Marxists are from the West while the East Germans are more pragmatic. The GDR past and the crazy fringe are enough for all other parties to categorically exclude Die Linke from coalitions at the federal level.

The old West German communist party (DKP) is pretty much dead and has been since at least the 1980s.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Tim Calhoun
Troll *********

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
First time I've ever heard this theory.
http://www.economist.com/news/europe...e-wunderreform

Tim Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

Quote:
Quote:
Above all, it merged two types of benefits—federal assistance for the unemployed and municipal welfare payments—into one guarantee of a basic living standard (called Hartz IV, after the former Volkswagen manager who proposed it).
How is that neoliberal?

Ilkka Sinisalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:40 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
How is that neoliberal?
It was designed to cut benefits and to create more pressure on the unemployed to seek and accept jobs. The new Hartz IV benefit is much lower than the previous federal unemployment assistance and there are far more requirements on benefits recipients to apply for jobs and accept job offers or risk losing benefits.

One can argue about whether that makes the reforms "neoliberal" but that was/is certainly a very common left-wing attack on it and similar reforms in the UK for example. Schröder's own party nearly broke apart over it, there were defections to the far left Linkspartei.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 03:33 PM
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
So I'm sitting here and listening to the TV-duell between Merkel and Steinbrück. I won't really coment on that, rather looking forward to talk about the coming elections, Germanys and Europes faith.

Hope Eisen and Schalkenullvier could also contribute.

I as a denier of this system, don't really care for the outcome of the elections. Our faith is determined by the Euro, not anything else.
I'm late to the party...but, do Germans still think they have a democracy?!?

I guess by Western standards. Germany is a joke! They voted for the puppet again. LOL!

Germany will collapse and soon. Of course, other EU countries will deteriorate and go under first.

AfD and Pro Deutschland looked interesting but Germans voted for the Marxist Merkel instead. Sehr Gut.... Die Dummen sind konsequenter als die Klugen. ;-D

Last edited by pucky: 10-05-2013 at 03:40 PM.
pucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 04:45 PM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Germans are as dumbed down as you can get. The common people are basically Americans by now.

Politicians have openly stated that Germany is still under occupation, but the media and the educational system have split up the populus into morons and unmeasurably stupid morons.

We really believe in this "democracy" and unfortunately and more urgent ,the EU. Now that's an American dream if you have ever seen one ...

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

I've only been around here for about a year, but is this pucky guy new or just a recently-returned nutbar from yesteryear?

Old
10-05-2013, 06:01 PM
pucky

Quote:
Germans are as dumbed down as you can get. The common people are basically Americans by now.

Politicians have openly stated that Germany is still under occupation, but the media and the educational system have split up the populus into morons and unmeasurably stupid morons.

We really believe in this "democracy" and unfortunately and more urgent ,the EU. Now that's an American dream if you have ever seen one ...
Democracy has been hijacked and/or it just doesn't work. It's failing in virtually every country it's being utilized. The word 'failing' probably doesn't describe it accurately. It's allowed Governments to exploit the principles for their own gain and to manipulate and con the populace. It's like politicians have utilized the system and designed it for their own ends and to benefit powerful groups who fund them and the cycle just continues.

I'm sorry to say that Germans are just oblivious to the fact their governments are subservient to those that run it. What good will bailouts do when the system is broken and the money just goes to bankers and Elites who punish the citizens who are powerless to do anything about it? They have little choice in who they elect since all the mainstream parties do the same thing, practically. As long as they still have jobs and life seems good (they can still take vacations), they keep the blinders on. But, the other EU countries are not doing so well and when they can't buy the German goods any more, things will change. The Euro is also losing value much like the American dollar. The fun times won't last long.

Oh, it looks like an idiot decided to reply to my previous post. I will have some amusement, it seems. ;-)

Old
10-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Vyacheslav
That one guy

vCash: 541
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
I've only been around here for about a year, but is this pucky guy new or just a recently-returned nutbar from yesteryear?
He comes and goes. Has a unique worldview that involves copious use of the word sheep to describe people who do not understand reality as it truly exists.

Vyacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 06:30 PM
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyacheslav View Post
He comes and goes. Has a unique worldview that involves copious use of the word sheep to describe people who do not understand reality as it truly exists.
Do you think it's reasonable to suggest that the current situation can't continue? How long do you think it will? Five years? 20 years?

Will EU countries just be bailed out forever? Germans will have a tip-top economy for many years to come?

No one else is concerned? NYRFan seemed to accept the theory?

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell...-euro-breakup/

http://www.exchangerates.org.uk/news...ing-value.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-currency.html

Old
10-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Vyacheslav
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucky View Post
Do you think it's reasonable to suggest that the current situation can't continue? How long do you think it will? Five years? 20 years?

Will EU countries just be bailed out forever? Germans will have a tip-top economy for many years to come?

No one else is concerned? NYRFan seemed to accept the theory?

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell...-euro-breakup/

http://www.exchangerates.org.uk/news...ing-value.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-currency.html
I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough about EU economics to offer much of an opinion, I was just letting Ilkka know that you aren't new.

Old
10-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

Quote:
I have seen two posts by him. One saying that Sweden is on the brink of collapse, and the other saying that Germany is on the brink of collapse.

Old
10-06-2013, 05:55 AM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough about EU economics to offer much of an opinion, I was just letting Ilkka know that you aren't new.
Do you have any knowledge at all on any economics? Because that would explain why 1) you don't see anything majorly wrong in EU politics and 2) why you don't see anything wrong in the big picture. No offense.

"On the brink" is not exaggerated, the next exogenic shock might just tip the tower over.

The big picture consists of the relationships between banks, politics, the rules and the rhetoric. They all do not add up.

Old
10-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Vyacheslav
That one guy

I never said I don't see anything wrong with EU politics, and I am genuinely curious as to how you came to that conclusion. The EU is not my business so I don't comment much about that. I have only posted in this thread to answer Ilkka question about pucky.

Old
10-06-2013, 08:16 AM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

The EU has systematically stripped European nations of their fiscal responsibilities and more and more trying to strip them from anything that represents sovereignty. That is the big issue.

Europe is going towards a centralized federation in which the people of each nation have less and less say. It is an utter rip-off.

And you should be concerned about it. The world is interconnected via the intern. money markets. There is no way around it. The Euro crashes, the Dollar gets hit. And the other way around.

Old
10-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Vyacheslav
That one guy

I think it's up to Europeans to do what they want to with regards to the EU.

Old
10-07-2013, 04:34 PM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Very true, yet it will have consequences on the US. If we act, we should act in accordance with you guys.

Old
10-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Europe is going towards a centralized federation in which the people of each nation have less and less say. It is an utter rip-off.
It's the utter rip-off that's stopped you barbarians from slaughtering each other every thirty years.

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 06:40 AM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

The hypocracy you just threw up is astonishing!

I take it you are American? Talk about barbarians slaughtering people ... beautiful.

Old
10-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
The hypocracy you just threw up is astonishing!

I take it you are American? Talk about barbarians slaughtering people ... beautiful.
I would think that Europeans would worry more about political stability than American hypocrisy. You want to talk like Iranians? Fine. Let Greece, Portugal, Ireland, and (maybe) Spain implode, and then watch the return of the communist/fascist struggle in Europe. It's not a game played by 12 year old proto-nazis.

Old
10-08-2013, 07:47 AM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Well political stability and American hypocracy go hand in hand. The world is interconnected by economics. The US has been flooding the world with their inflated money for more than 50 years now. Deregulating the biggest financial market of the world aka. Wall Street, that is waging a financial war.

You're ignorant in seeing the cause for the European mess, it is the ECB and the EU-regime itself.

"Talk like Iranians" ... hehe I am iranian

Old
10-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
The US has been flooding the world with their inflated money for more than 50 years now. Deregulating the biggest financial market of the world aka. Wall Street, that is waging a financial war.
Do you think that "inflated money" is good for the US economy? Let's hear you explain this one, brilliant boy?

Quote:
You're ignorant in seeing the cause for the European mess, it is the ECB and the EU-regime itself.
The fact that medicine has tough side effects doesn't make it bad medicine. The cure (the EU) is better than the disease (fractious Europe) even if it causes pain.

Quote:
"Talk like Iranians" ... hehe I am iranian
All the Iranian-Americans I've met have been intelligent. I meant "Iranians" to mean Iranian government propaganda. If you swallow that crap, I now understand how a German can be a Zionist ghost-hunting proto-fascist.

Old
10-08-2013, 08:08 AM
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
I would think that Europeans would worry more about political stability than American hypocrisy. You want to talk like Iranians? Fine. Let Greece, Portugal, Ireland, and (maybe) Spain implode, and then watch the return of the communist/fascist struggle in Europe. It's not a game played by 12 year old proto-nazis.
It is politically stable. In all the EU countries, they have the choice of three or four (more or less) 'communist' parties regardless of where the media places them on the political spectrum. The cabal that is the EU are appointed, not elected. You've never heard of the 'EUSSR?'