HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC Fight Night: Teixeira vs Bader

Old
09-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
By credentials Bader is a better wrestler then Jones and Glover tossed him a few times.

Come fight time I'd wager Bader weighs more then Jones too.

You just never know what is going to happen until they step into the cage.
I don't pay too much attention to college wrestling credentials because it's completely different when you're wrestling in MMA. Jones and Bader fought before and Jones easily took him down a few times and made him tap in the second round. Jones is a much better wrestler in MMA because of his speed, size, and ability to transition from striking to grappling. Jones can use his speed advantage to get inside and grab a hold of Glover and if he does that, he will take Glover down.

Also, MMA math doesn't really work but keep in mind that Jones was able to take both Chael and Rashad down. They might be smaller than Glover/Bader but they're also much better wrestlers. Jones will have to respect Glover's striking more but he's a smart fighter and he has some of the best coaches behind him, I doubt he rushes in and gets caught.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 03:41 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
^ Completely agree.

For me if he has actual trouble with Gus then I think the door is open for Glover to win.

Does worry me that Glover has been KO'd before.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 05:05 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
fight night ratings 539,000. yikes i knew the numbers wouldnt be good but this is worse then i thought. 2 lowest ratings for a mma event in recent times. bellator did 432,000 in their summer series

UFC on fox sports 1
event ratings/millions viewing date d.o.w.
fight night sonnen/shogun 1,780,000 8/17/13 sat
fight night kampmann/condit 824,000 8/28/13 wed
fight night bader/texeira 539,000 9/4/13 wed
total avg na 

bellator ratings
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=388

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 05:24 PM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
fight night ratings 539,000. yikes i knew the numbers wouldnt be good but this is worse then i thought. 2 lowest ratings for a mma event in recent times. bellator did 432,000 in their summer series

UFC on fox sports 1
[table="css=transp;head"] event | ratings/millions viewing | date | d.o.w.

fight night sonnen/shogun | 1,780,000 | 8/17/13 | sat
fight night kampmann/condit | 824,000 | 8/28/13 | wed
fight night bader/texeira | 539,000 | 9/4/13 | wed
Oversaturation, plain and simple. I hope they realize this before it's too late. The numbers are bad in and of themselves, but when you see it only slightly beat Bellator, wow. It goes to show that they aren't doing a good job (at all) getting casuals interested. A casual fan needs big events every once in a while to be drawn in. It's hard enough for us to follow every event, new channel(s), time difference, day difference, etc. Someone new to the sport (or a casual fan) isn't going to do that. It's a pretty big investment that a casual doesn't have the motivation to pursue. Realistically you had two (possibly three) potential number one contender fights on free TV. That should do far better ratings than what it did.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 05:25 PM
m9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
By credentials Bader is a better wrestler then Jones and Glover tossed him a few times.

Come fight time I'd wager Bader weighs more then Jones too.

You just never know what is going to happen until they step into the cage.
I don't see why credentials really matter since it's fairly obvious who the better MMA wrestler is at this point.

Glover is extremely hittable for someone who is considered title-worthy. Elite strikers like Jones and Machida are going to pick him apart.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 05:31 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Oversaturation, plain and simple. I hope they realize this before it's too late. The numbers are bad in and of themselves, but when you see it only slightly beat Bellator, wow. It goes to show that they aren't doing a good job (at all) getting casuals interested. A casual fan needs big events every once in a while to be drawn in. It's hard enough for us to follow every event, new channel(s), time difference, day difference, etc. Someone new to the sport (or a casual fan) isn't going to do that. It's a pretty big investment that a casual doesn't have the motivation to pursue. Realistically you had two (possibly three) potential number one contender fights on free TV. That should do far better ratings than what it did.
i think barely beating bellator is a problem. to be fair though the levels will eventually even out and find a more consistent number. ufc does have the ability to strengthen these ratings by putting out more consistent fight cards with stronger depth. brazil events though also seem to draw lesser then any other cards so i think the ufc isnt as in trouble as it appears. for gate purposes they pit brazil vs other countries and residentts of north america dont care as much about the fight cards.

for some reason i get the feeling to that this next go around bellator is prob going to only be averaging 500,000 and maybe lower with them doing less title fights cause of that retarded ppv taking up chandler and curran

yada is offline   Reply With Quote