HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Updated Jan 27

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2013, 01:42 AM
Jean Ralphio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Nope.

The contract was terminated, so he's a UFA.
Really unfortunate. I'd say there is a reasonable chance he would've had a call-up by now. If he keeps producing like he has, he might get a 1-way this summer.

Old
11-17-2013, 08:52 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Catface View Post
Nurse is, by far, the player I'm most excited for.
Same. The other night in Niagara, I saw a player that dominated the ice like Pietro, Doughty, Subban and Hamilton all did in the O. We have a potential #1 guy in the making. It would be wise to let him develop another year

Old
11-17-2013, 10:41 AM
glassbangers
"I home."

vCash: 50
Talked with a friend who knows people in the Slovakian hockey association and he said that Marincin is likely to play for Slovakia in the olympics. That would be something.

Old
11-17-2013, 12:40 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Talked with a friend who knows people in the Slovakian hockey association and he said that Marincin is likely to play for Slovakia in the olympics. That would be something.
That would be crazy, even if he just tagged along for depth it would be a great experience. Right now there are only 4 Slovakian dmen in the league: Chara, Sekera, Visnovsky and Meszaros. Not sure who else they have in Europe who could compete, Jurcina?

Old
11-17-2013, 12:56 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
If Marincin plays, I'll cheer for Slovakia

Old
11-17-2013, 01:11 PM
N5991989
Oilers Fan

That would be really cool. Him playing with Chara would be really cool.

Old
11-17-2013, 02:09 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Tonight:
John McCarron - 1g 1a
Dillon Simpson - 1g 1a
Joey LaLeggia - 1a

Weekend:
John McCarron - 2g 1a
Connor Jones - 1a
Joey LaLeggia - 3a
Dillon Simpson - 1g 3a

Season:
Kellen Jones - 13gp 4g 10a 14p
Connor Jones - 13gp 5g 8a 13p
John McCarron - 8gp 3g 9a 12p
Joey LaLeggia - 12gp 6g 5a 11p
Dillon Simpson - 10gp 1g 5a 6p
Evan Campbell - 7gp 0g 0a 0p

Lets see how he handles the transition to pro hockey, but hes exceeding expectations so far this season.

Old
11-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Mikey71

I haven't watched much of the game so far but 1/2 way thru Nurse has 1SHG and is +2 so far. The broadcast crew is the Kitchener crew and they have been raving about Nurse quite a bit in the little I have watched.

Old
11-17-2013, 03:27 PM
JoeCool16

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Same. The other night in Niagara, I saw a player that dominated the ice like Pietro, Doughty, Subban and Hamilton all did in the O. We have a potential #1 guy in the making. It would be wise to let him develop another year
I think examples of players 'ruined' by leaving them in the OHL too long are few and far between, but I've been hearing constantly that Nurse is a man among boys down there. If he has learned everything he needs to and is ready for primetime, I don't see a reason to not bring him up. Definitely not for that other reason I've been hearing, to "keep him away from our losing culture". That thinking won't get us anywhere.

Jones and Murray are 18/19 and are doing quite well in the NHL. Especially Jones. I think it's feasible Nurse could be ready and if he shows it, they can't send him back just because it's what worked for Subban and Pietro.

Old
11-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Red Deer Rebel

Quote:
Craig Button has seen him play a number of times this year and is blown away by how good he looks.

Absolute stud player at the junior level.

Old
11-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
Craig Button has seen him play a number of times this year and is blown away by how good he looks.

Absolute stud player at the junior level.
That's great to hear, I just hope that he is able to add a good amount of mass between now and next camp without it costing him too much of his skating ability.

11-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
I had said this before, but I get the feeling that Mac T is much more of a GM that will fill a hole with a pro player then say, Tambo.

At this point, I'm thinking they do let him come along slowly.

Old
11-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Interesting you say this. When I have seen him this year I felt that the last time I saw a dman dominate games like he has was Pietro. Nice to see you have him in the same ballpark at this stage of his career. The kid has taken a big step forward.

Old
11-17-2013, 04:54 PM
The Nightman

Here's his Nurse's Goal from today

Old
11-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Senor Catface

Can we redo the Rieder trade?

Old
11-17-2013, 06:13 PM
ohheyhemsky

Quote:
I can't believe people can at all be happy about that trade. I remember being called an idiot for being upset about trading him away for a perennial AHL/ECHL goon in Kessy, but even with the small sample size that we have of both players in the pros, it's still an easy call in my books. A stupid, stupid trade that involves giving up skill for garbage and size.

I thought we were done with coke machines.

Old
11-17-2013, 06:15 PM
ohheyhemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nightman View Post
Here's his Nurse's Goal from today

That's awesome, but it's a pretty weak goal.

One of the biggest things we're missing in our game is a competent bomb from the point. We miss Pronger or Souray on that back end, be it on our PP or even a separate shot/play choice instead of the "break out" we have now.

Belov has a good shot, but I think he's hit the net once.

Old
11-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Who does Reider replace in our top 9? If you think that the return was poor fair enough, but this team needs more size and grit.

Old
11-17-2013, 06:45 PM
ohheyhemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Who does Reider replace in our top 9? If you think that the return was poor fair enough, but this team needs more size and grit.
Coke Machine: Size and grit without skill, IQ or ability.

Old
11-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
I dont think Rieder has to replace anyone. Rather there was no harm in signing him and seeing how he did in the minors.

We need grit/size, but the return we got isn't doing that for the Oilers. He's doing it in the AHL. And anyways, I feel we have a the superior version of him in Moroz.

Even if Rieder didn't have a place on the team, what if he made one?
He has 6 goals in 6 games. You know what that makes him? A great asset. One that could have helped get a NHL player who has that size/grit.

But now we have a minor league plug, instead of a player who could have been traded for something better if we had been more patient.

Old
11-17-2013, 06:50 PM
ohheyhemsky

Quote:
I dont think Rieder has to replace anyone. Rather there was no harm in signing him and seeing how he did in the minors.

We need grit/size, but the return we got isn't doing that for the Oilers. He's doing it in the AHL. And anyways, I feel we have a the superior version of him in Moroz.

He has 6 goals in 6 games. You know what that makes him? A great asset. One that could have helped get a NHL player who has that size/grit.

But now we have a minor league plug, instead of a player who could have been traded for something better if we had been more patient.
It was a terrible, impulse based on need trade that was made possible due to the play of Rajala. We didn't need another smaller, skilled player. Rajala left, and we are now screwed in that sense.

That said, I hated the trade then and I still hate it now. We gave up a useable asset for a struggling, nothing player.

Old
11-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
Coke Machine: Size and grit without skill, IQ or ability.
He is size and grit with a mean streak who plays a game that borders on dirty at times and sometimes crosses that line. We don't have many players like that.

Quote:

6 games Senor, 6 games, let's see how he does for at least 1/2 a season before getting bent out of shape. Rajala got us nothing in return, maybe Rieder would fetch us more however he wasn't signed and it was said here by Fourier IIRC that Rieder wanted to be on another team, that killed the idea of him signing with us IMO.

As for Moroz he didn't progress as rapidly as some would like last season so there's that too.

Old
11-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
It was a terrible, impulse based on need trade that was made possible due to the play of Rajala. We didn't need another smaller, skilled player. Rajala left, and we are now screwed in that sense.

That said, I hated the trade then and I still hate it now. We gave up a useable asset for a struggling, nothing player.
Marco Roy FTW? IMO he'll be the best of that trio.

Old
11-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
He is size and grit with a mean streak who plays a game that borders on dirty at times and sometimes crosses that line. We don't have many players like that.

6 games Senor, 6 games, let's see how he does for at least 1/2 a season before getting bent out of shape. Rajala got us nothing in return, maybe Rieder would fetch us more however he wasn't signed and it was said here by Fourier IIRC that Rieder wanted to be on another team, that killed the idea of him signing with us IMO.

As for Moroz he didn't progress as rapidly as some would like last season so there's that too.
Oh for sure...He could end the season with 6 goals for all I know. In the few games I saw, and what Fourier said about his play, I just always had high hopes for him as a player.

Old
11-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Hockey Nightmare

I have a good feeling about our up and comers, especially Chase, Nurse, and Roy. It'd be great if we could have some decent depth in this org for once.

Closed Thread