HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Updated Jan 27

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Nightmare View Post
I have a good feeling about our up and comers, especially Chase, Nurse, and Roy. It'd be great if we could have some decent depth in this org for once.
I would LOVE if some of these after 1st rounders turned out. It would be a fantastic change.

Old
11-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Catface View Post
Oh for sure...He could end the season with 6 goals for all I know. In the few games I saw, and what Fourier said about his play, I just always had high hopes for him as a player.
Fair enough, I just hope that Kessy does well for us too because a bottom 6 with Kessy and Moroz in it would change the entire dynamic of our forward group. I wanted to look at how Kessy did last year vs. how Moroz is doing this year and this is what I found:

Kessy 60gp. 21-22-43 +8 106pim. 5pp 2sh
Playoffs 15gp. 11-3-14 -1 5pp 21pim.

Moroz 23gp. 15-8-23 +11 70pim. 2pp 0sh

So in the event that Moroz starts slowly in the AHL next year I'd hope that we could all cut him a little slack as Kessy had a pretty good run last year but has been a stalwart on the 4th line (which is more than some expected).

11-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
I would LOVE if some of these after 1st rounders turned out. It would be a fantastic change.
It's been needed ever so badly to make the GM's job easier. A lot of guys have been having good years, hopefully they can build off of it.

Old
11-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Fair enough, I just hope that Kessy does well for us too because a bottom 6 with Kessy and Moroz in it would change the entire dynamic of our forward group. I wanted to look at how Kessy did last year vs. how Moroz is doing this year and this is what I found:

Kessy 60gp. 21-22-43 +8 106pim. 5pp 2sh
Playoffs 15gp. 11-3-14 -1 5pp 21pim.

Moroz 23gp. 15-8-23 +11 70pim. 2pp 0sh

So in the event that Moroz starts slowly in the AHL next year I'd hope that we could all cut him a little slack as Kessy had a pretty good run last year but has been a stalwart on the 4th line (which is more than some expected).
I just don't know about Kessy. I would love for him to do well, but from the WHL games I saw, I just never saw the same as I saw in Moroz. But then again, I never saw his run in the playoffs. Who knows right. I'll never cheer against a guy to make it.

Old
11-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Hemsky4PM

I think Khaira is the best bet for adding some size in a few years. Actually big and uses his size well. I have next to no expectations for Moroz, Ewanyk or Kessey.

Old
11-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
I just don't know about Kessy. I would love for him to do well, but from the WHL games I saw, I just never saw the same as I saw in Moroz. But then again, I never saw his run in the playoffs. Who knows right. I'll never cheer against a guy to make it.
Fair enough my only viewings of them was at camp. From what I gathered Moroz is the guy with the higher upside. That said Kessy is a hard working guy that hits and hits to hurt and he will back it up. I think that e are better off with both of these players although if I had to choose one to pan out it would be Moroz.

Old
11-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
I think Khaira is the best bet for adding some size in a few years. Actually big and uses his size well. I have next to no expectations for Moroz, Ewanyk or Kessey.
He's not as physical and not as good of a skater at least compared to Moroz IMO. That said he uses his size well and if he can get quicker we could have a player on our hands.

Old
11-17-2013, 09:13 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

vCash: 50
Sorry I'm behind a bit. Been busy with class. I've got the AHL/ECHL/CHL caught up. I'll get the rest done later tonight

Quote:
He's not as physical and not as good of a skater at least compared to Moroz IMO. That said he uses his size well and if he can get quicker we could have a player on our hands.
He's also a better agitator than Moroz.

11-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Oilers4life1987

I don't get it, Moroz has been doing good (statwise) yet people on hear don't think he'll make it to the next level. Come on people give him a chance. He sticks up for people when they get dirty/chip shots at them which is something I think Oilers are lacking. Other teams going after our star players, RNH knee 3 times, but no one does nadda about it.

Old
11-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Khaira has the highest hockey IQ out of all of them though, especially compared to Kessy who has no clue what he's doing sometimes.

Old
11-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Sorry I'm behind a bit. Been busy with class. I've got the AHL/ECHL/CHL caught up. I'll get the rest done later tonight

He's also a better agitator than Moroz.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post
I don't get it, Moroz has been doing good (statwise) yet people on hear don't think he'll make it to the next level. Come on people give him a chance. He sticks up for people when they get dirty/chip shots at them which is something I think Oilers are lacking. Other teams going after our star players, RNH knee 3 times, but no one does nadda about it.
Agreed and he has some hands around the net which he has been working hard on and he was learning from Smyth during the lockout IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Khaira has the highest hockey IQ out of all of them though, especially compared to Kessy who has no clue what he's doing sometimes.
Fair enough, they all have their +'s and -'s but that's why they're likely all bottom 6 or bust kind of guys. I'd say that Khaira and Moroz are the most talented of the quartet.

Old
11-18-2013, 05:16 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 133
Subway Super Series starts tonight (Monday). The dirty Russians take on the QMJHL.

Good chance to see Valentin Zykov, the kid LA took with our pick that we traded them as well as our own second rounder from last year Marc Olivier Roy, Zach Fucale, Jonathan Drouin, Sam Morin, Anthony Mantha, Frederik Gauthier, Emile Pourier and others.

Game is on Sportsnet @ 5pm mtn.

Old
11-18-2013, 05:20 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
That's a strange observation considering he cant skate for **** compared to Moroz or Ewanyk.

Old
11-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Not really an Oilers prospect, but is there any reason nobody is giving Cody Corbett a shot? He's been an offensive stud for the Oil Kings on the blueline.

Old
11-18-2013, 06:37 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Not really an Oilers prospect, but is there any reason nobody is giving Cody Corbett a shot? He's been an offensive stud for the Oil Kings on the blueline.
He's smallish and an overager, so that accounts (at least in part) for his explosion in production. That said, if he keeps this up, I'm sure he'll have an opportunity to play pro next year.

Old
11-18-2013, 06:43 PM
40oz

For some reason, tonight (and i think only tonight) the Subway Super Series isn't being aired on Sportsnet West or Sportsnet One.

But, it's free to stream here.

Old
11-18-2013, 06:53 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
He's smallish and an overager, so that accounts (at least in part) for his explosion in production. That said, if he keeps this up, I'm sure he'll have an opportunity to play pro next year.
I haven't seen him much. Is a guy like Kichton (who I'm quite annoyed we passed on) a decent comparable?

Old
11-18-2013, 07:36 PM
40oz

Quote:
I haven't seen him much. Is a guy like Kichton (who I'm quite annoyed we passed on) a decent comparable?
Not really IMO, Kichton is much more dynamic offensively.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:43 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
The second he is available to sign a contract he will sign with Minnesota

Old
11-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Hockey Nightmare
Ex-hockey fan

How's Yakimov doing these days?

Old
11-18-2013, 10:55 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Ah. Darn. Kichton wasn't even remotely close to a PPG until his overage season, so I wasn't sure if Corbett had broken out in the same sort of way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Nightmare View Post
How's Yakimov doing these days?
Seems to have cooled off offensively after a hot start

Old
11-20-2013, 02:40 AM
40oz

Big Bad Ben Betker with 2A's

Old
11-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Big Bad Ben Betker with 2A's
Nice, I really like him as a prospect. Big, moves well, will fight and hits like a truck.

Old
11-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Quote:
I'd agree with this.

Team Canada OHL takes on the Russians this weekend, great chance to see how Nurse is looking.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:03 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
I'd agree with this.

Team Canada OHL takes on the Russians this weekend, great chance to see how Nurse is looking.
And they're playing Marco Roy and team QMJHL on Sportsnet RIGHT NOW

Closed Thread