HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc with the vets

Old
09-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Louis Leblanc with the vets

Enough with the drama....Louis Leblanc is a vet now....Reason why he's not at the rookie camp. 20 vets on the ice in Brossard as we speak, Leblanc being one of them.

https://twitter.com/jp_tvasports/sta...31476777570304

Everybody who can name the guys that you see in that picture wins a t-shirt....

https://twitter.com/jp_tvasports/sta...255168/photo/1

Last edited by Whitesnake: 09-05-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:43 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Is he really consider a veteran? He now has only 2 professional seasons under his belt. It has been 4 years since his draft year (4th being this year, his 3rd professional year starting).

I can see why rookie training camp is no longer a place for him and he would practice right away with the veterans, but I wouldn't call Louis Leblanc a "veteran".

On another note, he seems to still be listed at 6' 0" at 178 lbs, anyone know when they will weigh the team in? I really hope he comes in north of 185 lbs. (At 6' 178 lbs feels under weight)

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Good for him, I hope he get's a good shot at it. Had a really rough year last year, hopefully he bounces back

Habs 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:47 AM
kernkraft

good, then maybe he can play like one
this is the season of truth for him, Nattinen, Quailer and the rest of the older crop.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:52 AM
The Doors

Anyone else think Leblanc is gonna make the team at RW outta camp especially with Parros and Gionta both coming back from injury

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I think he can still become a 'Higgins' like 3rd line RW for us replacing Gionta's tougher ES minutes.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Good for him, I hope he get's a good shot at it. Had a really rough year last year, hopefully he bounces back
Even if he does bounce back, there is not much room for him at this point unless we get hit with a couple injuries at once. If he has a good year with Hamilton I still feel like he'll get traded around the deadline. Probably hang on to him in case of injuries to give him another chance until then.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Even if he does bounce back, there is not much room for him at this point unless we get hit with a couple injuries at once. If he has a good year with Hamilton I still feel like he'll get traded around the deadline. Probably hang on to him in case of injuries to give him another chance until then.
All depends the direction Bergevin takes if he decides to move players like Gionta, Moen or White. I can see him playing on the 3rd/4th line. This of course assuming he has a good camp and rebounds from last year

Habs 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I'd like to know how he evolved physically all those years 'cause frankly, just watching him, you have a feel that he didn't grow too much. Needed to become stronger and you have the feeling that it's exactly the same. If so...lack of commitment? Or just inability to make a frame stronger than it is?

Hoping that he did in fact became stronger over the summer. For me, it's still strange to not see him at the rookie camp. You have Quailer a 2008 draft pick that is at the rookie camp so it's not about the draft year. Naattinen is at the rookie camp though you can say that's because he's been injured. Strange to be doing him a favor after such a bad year.

Old
09-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Good for Louis.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:06 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd like to know how he evolved physically all those years 'cause frankly, just watching him, you have a feel that he didn't grow too much. Needed to become stronger and you have the feeling that it's exactly the same. If so...lack of commitment? Or just inability to make a frame stronger than it is?

Hoping that he did in fact became stronger over the summer. For me, it's still strange to not see him at the rookie camp. You have Quailer a 2008 draft pick that is at the rookie camp so it's not about the draft year. Naattinen is at the rookie camp though you can say that's because he's been injured. Strange to be doing him a favor after such a bad year.
Maybe they figured out that it's all confidence issues in his case and are throwing him a bone.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Maybe they figured out that it's all confidence issues in his case and are throwing him a bone.
This sounds about right.

Old
09-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

To be honest I have written him off but I really think he could step it up and force his way into the lineup with some hard work.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Well the idea for some is that we don't go to rookie tournaments 'cause we need all the time we can to teach the kids at a rookie camp. Leblanc isn't done learning. And then we all know that most of those kids will be there at the pro camp anyway. So the throw of a bone, for me, would be more preseason games to know what he's all about. If it's their idea of it and they won't give him more games in preseason than Bournival or any others....if it is confidence issue...it will go right back down. But we'll see. We need a confident Leblanc. And trading him is out of the question based on how uneventful that trade will be based on the return. So we count on him to do well.

Old
09-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Lions999

Way overrated since the beginning he will be a good Ahler that's it.

Lions999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:45 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Good, now he can be lumped with all the other disappointing "vets"

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Probably making his last chance to stick with the big club a full and fair one. Would be nice to see him come out of the blocks with a lot of focus and intensity, because he has enough skill to make an impact.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Probably making his last chance to stick with the big club a full and fair one. Would be nice to see him come out of the blocks with a lot of focus and intensity, because he has enough skill to make an impact.
I have a feeling that new management is more realistic with their prospects, and more patient as well. What do they have to lose by giving their young players more chances rather than abandonning and letting them try their chances elsewhere?

I think Leblanc's hiccup has been mental, so if Bergevin can calm him down and let him know that they just want him to play his game, then that might get him off on the right foot to start the season.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I still have faith in him. Could turn out a very reliable top 9 RW.

Charles Hudon - Michael Bournival - Louis Leblanc

Future 3rd line. Character, speed, French Canadians.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 12:19 PM
bhuya71

I think he needs to replicate his game after Gallaghers for him to be considered. Come in with good leg strength, increased speed, and peak physical condition. From there forecheck hard, cause crap, go to the net and clean up. I think he needs to be physically engaged and tenacious to succeed because he won't wow us too often

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I still have faith in him. Could turn out a very reliable top 9 RW.

Charles Hudon - Michael Bournival - Louis Leblanc

Future 3rd line. Character, speed, French Canadians.
I would actually prefer: Bournival, Eller, Leblanc

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Dr. Charles

Daniel Paille was a bust for Buffalo, was just fine for the Bruins. And he'd be probably fine for pretty much every team.

I think there is a similarity between those two players...

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
I think he needs to replicate his game after Gallaghers for him to be considered. Come in with good leg strength, increased speed, and peak physical condition. From there forecheck hard, cause crap, go to the net and clean up. I think he needs to be physically engaged and tenacious to succeed because he won't wow us too often
Can't see a player just switching his game like that to a completely different style.

Old
09-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Shaby23

vCash: 50
Good for him, but we really don't have any place in the Top 9 and he's not the type of player who can play on a 4th line. Unless someone is getting injured, there is no way he can make the team.

Shaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Anyone else think Leblanc is gonna make the team at RW outta camp especially with Parros and Gionta both coming back from injury
I think Blunden has a better chance because of his work in front of the net, we dont have many of those hard-nosed players.

And there also that new guy Thomas i dont know anything about.

As for the picture im gonna guess : Blunden,Bouillon,Budaj, Gallagher and Prust

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote