HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Your teammates hate you

Old
08-21-2013, 08:16 PM
ComradeChris

vCash: 500
Your teammates hate you

ITT: Why would your team mates hate you?

I'm a completely different personality from the rest of my team. I use the phrases top shelf, poise, and goals; they all use bar down, swag, and ginos. They all listen to country. I listen to metal and rock. They have a sense of entitlement; I expect nothing from anybody. They chirp and I ignore it. I'm just there to play for fun and they are trying to win the league. I'm short and they are taller.

How long could you stay on a team that hates you?

ComradeChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 08:36 PM
LarryO

All you've told us is how they're different from you. You haven't written a single thing that demonstrates hatred. What do they do that shows that they hate you? Do you mean they're chirping you or the other team?

Last edited by LarryO: 08-21-2013 at 08:42 PM.
LarryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
I have a tendency to swear a lot and never shut up when it comes to playing... Granted I'm the equivalent of a 3/4th liner but it makes people so mad. My teammates hate that I act like I have a huge ego to piss everyone off.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Green Blob*

Most of my teammates like me but i'm sure some of being fake and hate me, don't really care.

I come off a little arrogant at some points , I think i'm the best defenseman on the team but im not some sort of all-star in the league, I guess I bring the same attitude i brought when I WAS the all-star in my other league playing offense on a lower level team (still good competition). I think more of those guys hated me cause it was to the extreme, but I kept putting in goals so i was having fun.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 02:55 AM
Superstar Treatment

Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
To OP, I quit a decent team because of all the "flow" "sauce" and "ginos/apples" talk so I totally see where you're coming from.

Now, to bring up why teammates hate you, I didn't get called back the next season for a team cause I don't feel every time you take possession of the puck you should fly up the rink like chickens with your heads cut off. So as a defenseman I'd regroup if things weren't open to move the puck up the rink. I'd get yelled at on the rink but I wasn't about to play a way I don't consider comfortable or smart.

Superstar Treatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 07:25 AM
leftwinger37

Are you new to this team? How old are you?

Hockey players tend to have a pack mentality. If these guys know each other really well/have been playing together for a long time, it's easy to feel like you're from another planet at first. But I assume that you're on the team for a good reason.

My point is that as long as you can play and you don't act like a total d-bag, both you and the rest of the team should be able to put your differences aside. On the flip side, if you prove yourself on the ice and they still treat you like an outsider, it might be time to find a different group.

I've been playing hockey for about 23 years and have played with people from all walks of life. Well over half of them I would never hang out with outside of the rink. But come puck drop, if they had my back and were all-in on the team concept, they were alright by me.

leftwinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar Treatment View Post
To OP, I quit a decent team because of all the "flow" "sauce" and "ginos/apples" talk so I totally see where you're coming from.

Now, to bring up why teammates hate you, I didn't get called back the next season for a team cause I don't feel every time you take possession of the puck you should fly up the rink like chickens with your heads cut off. So as a defenseman I'd regroup if things weren't open to move the puck up the rink. I'd get yelled at on the rink but I wasn't about to play a way I don't consider comfortable or smart.
You quit a team because of modern hockey lingo?

Patmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 11:55 AM
iLandHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar Treatment View Post

How dare you do a regroup in beer league hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
The people who use those terms are generally pretty annoying I've found and I'm fairly young, so I don't blame him.

iLandHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:31 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Fight the leader of the group. Only way to get respect.

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:53 PM
CanucksSayEh

My teammates are all jealous of my hair.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 01:33 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksSayEh View Post
My teammates are all jealous of my hair.

When I played minor hockey, I didn't like half the players on my team. I would never hang out with them outside of hockey. They were annoying, arrogant, d-bags that all thought they were going to play in the NHL one day. I know that some of my teammates didn't like me either, but the feeling was mutual so there really wasn't anything I could do about it.

I remember I played with this one guy in particular from novice until pee wees. Huge ******. He was actually a pretty good player though (ended up playing in the O but decided drugs were more important, waste of talent) but he was just an arrogant dick. When we were allowed to hit, we used to always feed him suicide passes.

Last edited by RJ8812: 08-22-2013 at 01:39 PM.
RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Superstar Treatment

Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCycleDriveBy View Post
The people who use those terms are generally pretty annoying I've found and I'm fairly young, so I don't blame him.
Exactly. I've also never heard a group of guys reference their own stats more than them.

Superstar Treatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 02:09 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Whipping out their cell phone as soon as they get to the locker room to see if the score keeper made any mistakes is more annoying. As for the OP, who cares. Play your game, watch the other guys on your team closely, pick up all their tendencies so that when you switch teams, which eventually you will, you can lay the wood to each and every one of them and leave them in a crimson mask of blood! The enemy deserves no mercy, mercy is for the weak.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 04:10 PM
opivy
Sauce King

Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
ITT: Why would your team mates hate you?

I'm a completely different personality from the rest of my team. I use the phrases top shelf, poise, and goals; they all use bar down, swag, and ginos. They all listen to country. I listen to metal and rock. They have a sense of entitlement; I expect nothing from anybody. They chirp and I ignore it. I'm just there to play for fun and they are trying to win the league. I'm short and they are taller.

How long could you stay on a team that hates you?
It sounds to me like you hate the team and not the other way around.

opivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
I see it as mostly harmless except for when people use it too much and start over using it. Then it gets annoying, seems like they only care about their stats.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 11:23 PM
JoeCool16

Quote:
Originally Posted by opivy View Post
They hate him because he won't celly with them when they do sick dangles dusting the benders and then go top cheese bar down for the gino.

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:27 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
They hate him because he won't celly with them when they do sick dangles dusting the benders and then go top cheese bar down for the gino.
Haha. This modern lingo is so lame because these kids are just trying to fit in and do what they think is the "cool" thing to do. They're "bros" in the most pure form.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:28 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
This is the first I've heard of some of this lingo, and I can only hope it's also the last

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:45 AM
Terry Yake

i've been playing for 10+ years and have never heard any of those stupid terms aside from "flow" and "celly". and btw, i like to think that i do have a nice flow myself

but anyone who consistently uses that "new lingo" is more than likely a major d-bag, and there are plenty of them in this sport as i'm sure we all know

Terry Yake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 12:59 PM
JoeCool16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Yake View Post
i've been playing for 10+ years and have never heard any of those stupid terms aside from "flow" and "celly". and btw, i like to think that i do have a nice flow myself

but anyone who consistently uses that "new lingo" is more than likely a major d-bag, and there are plenty of them in this sport as i'm sure we all know
You're going to find d-bags in every sport and recreation, I'm afraid I know when I'm at school studying near the science kids playing Magic the Gathering, they say some pretty nasty things to each other!

I think a lot of people use the lingo somewhere between as a joke and half-seriously, which I'm okay with!

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 08:19 PM
ComradeChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by opivy View Post
Outside of like 4 guys yeah I don't like the team. Can't pretend that I do after 3 years playing with them. Bad team with cliques.

ComradeChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
Outside of like 4 guys yeah I don't like the team. Can't pretend that I do after 3 years playing with them. Bad team with cliques.
Then why would you play on it?

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
Yeah, the guys on my team (including me) absolutely would not put up with that ********.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 06:48 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
I don't like the lingo, but I don't mind when people use it. As long as you have some people you do like and have fun while playing who cares?

I find people who make a big deal about lingo to be kind of annoying

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote