Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Predict Top 5 At Each Position By End Of Season

Old
09-04-2013, 02:33 AM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
Predict Top 5 At Each Position By End Of Season

Always thought this was cool to look back on at year's end.

QBs
1. Brees
2. Peyton
3. Rodgers
4. Ryan
5. Wilson
Dud - Cam. I really don't think any of the top 10 guys will be duds but with JStew hurt, Smith and DWill declining, I could see that offense struggling. I also think Brady's numbers will take a hit this year.
Sleeper - People seem to be sleeping on Vick. If (big if) he stays healthy, he'll challenge for the top 5. I expect Eli to bounce back as well. Terrelle Pryor would be a super sleeper. Might not be good in terms of real football, but I could see him being fantasy relevant.

RBs
1. AP
2. Spiller
3. Martin
4. Charles
5. Wilson
Dud - Morris. I have a feeling Helu heavily eats into his workload.
Sleeper - I have Wilson in my top 5 so I guess it'd be him. I think Brown's injury opens the door for him having a Charles/Spiller type year.

WRs
1. Calvin
2. Dez
3. D Thomas
4. Julio
5. Green
Dud - Amendola and Wayne would be the highest ranked guys I could see not having real good years. Wayne seemed to slow down toward the end last year and Amendola just can't seem to stay healthy.
Sleeper - Golden Tate. I think he'll emerge as the number one there. 1,000+ and 8+ TDs.

TEs
1. Graham
2. Gronk
3. Davis
4. Witten
5. Finley
Dud - Tony G. I think age finally slows him down a bit.
Sleeper - Cook/Sudfeld.

Last edited by BGDDYKWL: 09-04-2013 at 02:56 AM.
BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

QBs
1. Brees
2. Peyton
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Rogers
Dud - Wilson. I expect regression from him.
Sleeper - Carson Palmer. I think he puts up Top 12 (Fantasy) QB numbers. Alex Smith could also put up solid numbers because of the Andy Reid QB factor.

RBs
1. AD
2. Spiller
3. Martin
4. Foster
5. Rice
Dud - Morris. Just because it's Mike Shanahan. He could bring Olandis Gary or Mike Anderson outta retirement for all we know. Another is Montee Ball. Not that I think he'll suck just that pre-season rankings had him valued too high.
Sleeper - Bilal Powell. I don't expect him to be a Top 10 RB but I think he's better than Ivory and the Jets have nothing else. I think he'll end up a decent #2 RB/Flex this year.

WRs
1. Calvin
2. Dez
3. Julio
4. Green
5. Cobb
Dud - Andre Johnson. I don't see him sucking but I don't think he finish Top 10-15.
Sleeper - Kenbrell Thompkins is an easy pick. I also like TY Hilton. Off the board I think Rod Streater develops into a solid WR3/Flex.

TEs
1. Graham
2. Gronk
3. Davis
4. Witten
5. Rudolph
Dud - I agree with OP pick of Gonzalez. It seems like the Falcons begged him to come back.
Sleeper - My previous pick woulda been Rob Housler but he's out a few weeks. So I'll say Jared Cook and Jordan Cameron.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Trap Jesus

I'll try to do rough stat projections as well.

QBs
1. Drew Brees - The Saints just throw way too much to not pick Brees for this spot. Getting Payton back will help his bid as well.

Projection - 5,300 passing yds, 45 TDs, 15 INTs, 50 rushing yds, 0 TDs

2. Rodgers - The most consistent QB in the game and he should be better than he was last year (not as good as he was two years ago, but somewhere inbetween).

Projection - 4,400 passing yds, 40 TDs, 5 INTs, 250 rushing yds, 3 TDs

3. Matthew Stafford - I'm huge on him this year. He was getting poached out of TDs like CRAZY last year. Most passing attempts of all time last year, one of the best receivers of all time to throw to, and he also gets one of the best receiving backs in the league to throw to as well. Way too much upside there.

Projection - 5,100 passing yds, 35 TDs, 15 INTs, 100 rushing yards, 1 TD

4. Peyton Manning - I'm thinking something similar to last year, which is great. I know a lot of people thing Welker will increase his production like crazy, but he spreads the ball around so much anyways.

Projection - 4,600 passing yds, 35 TDs, 10 INTs, 10 rushing yds, 0 TDs

5. Andrew Luck - I'm expecting Indy to use him similarly to last year, but with Luck becoming way more accurate and cutting down on his turnovers. He gives you decent rushing stats as well.

Projection - 4,600 passing yds, 30 TDs, 10 INTs, 250 rushing yds, 2 TDs

Dud - Russell Wilson. I really like the guy but the Seahawks pass the least in the league, and I don't know if he can be as opportunistic with his throws as he was last year. I expect them to use him more than last year, but I'm not sure he holds up in ball security if that's the case. I would say RG3 but I feel he's too easy of a pick with his injury concerns.

Projection - 3,200 passing yds, 20 TDs, 15 INTs, 500 rushing yds, 5 TDs

Sleeper - Eli Manning. He was so off last year, and I think a full year from throwing to Cruz, Nicks, Randle and Myers could do him wonders.

Projection - 4,500 passing yds, 30 TDs, 15 INTs, 20 rushing yds, 0 TDs

RBs

1. Adrian Peterson - You simply can't bet against this guy.

Projection - 1,750 rushing yds, 14 TDs, 250 receiving yds, 1 TD

2. Doug Martin - Seems pretty lame to pick the projected top two guys, but I really think Martin will be huge again this year, maybe even improving slightly on his rookie season.

Projection - 1,500 rushing yds, 10 TDs, 500 receiving yds, 3 TDs

3. Marshawn Lynch - One of the most consistent RBs in the league. I'm not expecting quite as good of a season as last year, but he should be fairly close.

Projection - 1,500 rushing yds, 13 TDs, 200 receiving yds, 1 TD

4. Trent Richardson - He should be huge this year. Cleveland will run him into the ground, and he's nearly bust-proof due to his receiving ability. I'm expecting a huge year.

Projection - 1,200 rushing yds, 10 TDs, 600 receiving yds, 2 TDs

5. Arian Foster - Seems to be forgotten, but he's as consistent as they come and should dominate the goalline again. I'm not buying into his workload decreasing THAT much.

1,250 rushing yds, 12 TDs, 350 receiving yds, 3 TDs

Dud - C.J. Spiller - I'm not saying he'll be a dud in the sense that he'll be bad, but I think he's going to disappoint a lot of people who are picking him in the top 3, expecting him to be as good in a full-time role as he was splitting carries with Jackson last year. I'm expecting that YPC average to come crashing down.

Projection - 1,100 rushing yds, 6 TDs, 500 receiving yds, 2 TDs

Sleeper - Giovani Bernard - I expect him to really eat into BJGE's carries right away, and I think he's the most talented young RB going into this year.

Projection - 1,000 rushing yds, 6 TDs, 300 receiving yds, 2 TDs

WRs

1. Calvin Johnson - Similar to AP, you just can't bet against him. He should be a lot luckier with TDs than he was last year.

Projection - 1,750 receiving yds, 14 TDs

2. A.J. Green - He's the only receiver out of the next group of guys besides Marshall that doesn't have a major threat to take away from his targets, and he proved to be unbelievably consistent last year, despite all the attention he received. Unbelievable upside and a high floor.

Projection - 1,350 receiving yds, 14 TDs

3. Andre Johnson - I honestly don't understand why people have this guy ranked as low as they do. He's an absolute yardage monster and, while he's never been great with getting elite TD numbers, he certainly will have more than 4 this year.

Projection - 1,500 receiving yds, 8 TDs

4. Brandon Marshall - I am not a fan of the guy, but I can't deny how many targets he gets and the connection he has with Cutler.

Projection - 1,350 receiving yds, 10 TDs

5. Dez Bryant - I don't think he'll be quite as dominant as people expect him to be (he's got a lot of competition for targets in Dallas and we all know how inconsistent he can be at times), but Romo should be throwing a ton again, and you can't deny his talent.

Projection - 1,300 receiving yds, 10 TDs

Dud - Larry Fitzgerald - I think people are expecting him to rebound a bit too much. He'll definitely be better than last year but I don't think he does as well as other receivers that will be taken around where he is. I also don't think people give him enough blame as they should for his poor production last year. Yeah, his QBs were terrible, but he was still targeted a ton last year.

Projection - 1,000 yds, 6 TDs

Sleeper - Dwayne Bowe - I don't think he's getting enough hype this year. Smith isn't great but he can make those intermediate throws well enough and Bowe can really excel on those types of routes. It'll also be a very pass-happy offense and Bowe doesn't have much competition there.

Projection - 1,100 yds, 8 TDs

TEs

1. Jimmy Graham - Another no-brainer for top spot. He should be better than last year with not as many dropped passes.

Projection - 1,200 yds, 10 TDs

2. Vernon Davis - Crabtree's injury should force Kaepernick to develop some chemistry with Davis. He has as high of a ceiling as any if he can bring it this year. Unlike guys like Witten and Gonzalez, he could be the focal part of the offense. I know he has a pretty low floor, but I'm expecting him to be great this year.

Projection - 900 yds, 9 TDs

3. Jason Witten - He's the Andre Johnson of TEs. Can't see him only putting up 3 TDs again.

Projection - 950 yds, 6 TDs

4. Rob Gronkowski - Man, is this one ever tough. He's easily the TE to have if he's healthy, but I'm expecting him to miss 3 or 4 games at least. As good as he is, it's tough to make up that ground when there are other great TEs in the league as well.

Projection - 12 games, 700 yds, 9 TDs

5. Tony Gonzalez - Maybe not as great as last year with another year of development from Julio Jones, but he should be near a lock for a top 5 performance when you look at the remaining TEs.

Projection - 800 yds, 7 TDs

Dud - Kyle Rudolph - He's just got such a low floor as he's so reliant on TDs. Ponder's play is just too erratic and I expect Jennings to take away from some of those intermediate throws. He could come through with a great year, but I'm just not seeing it.

Projection - 400 yds, 6 TDs

Sleeper - Heath Miller - Seems to be completely forgotten about. He's one of the most consistent TEs when he's healthy and he should be back for week 1. Obviously has big bust potential with injury concerns, but I think he pulls through and puts up stats fairly close to his great season last year.

Projection - 700 yds, 5 TDs

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 01:59 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
QBs
1. Brees -duh
2. Peyton
3. Rodgers
4. Romo - will throw for a ton of yards and TDs, some picks obviously though
5. Stafford - simply because of volume
Dud - Eli - WRs become unhealthy and affects him
Sleeper - Weeden (that was tough to type out)

RBs
1. AP
2. McCoy - think that he kills it in new offense
3. Charles - stays healthy and Reid will use him
4. Forte - new offense, same lack of WR and might get GL carries
5. Lynch - beast
Dud - Morris - Shananigans changes his time again
Sleeper - Wilson - improves pass pro and has the opportunity

WRs
1. CJ - best WR and will be force fed the ball
2. Bryant - huge year with team actually trying to create a run game (maybe)
3. Jones
4. Garcon - stays healthy along with RG3 and produces
5. Thomas - peyton's go to
Dud - Green - runs into injury issues
Sleeper - Thompkins - most people are paying attention to him already but having chemistry with brady goes a long way

TEs
1. Graham
2. Gonzales
3. Witten
4. Gronk
5. Cook
Dud - Olsen
Sleeper - Cameron (challenges for lead in TDs for TE)

Last edited by TheGooooch: 09-04-2013 at 02:31 PM.
TheGooooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 02:32 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

QB's:
1) Brees
2) Peyton
3) Brady
4) Rodgers
5) Ryan
Dud - RG3. Expect him to put up average QB fantasy stats at best.
Sleeper - Dalton. Potential to make it into top 10 fantasy QB's.

RB:
1) Peterson
2) Charles (gets a bump out of Andy Reid offense)
3) Martin
4) Rice
5) McCoy (racks up good stats in Kelly's offense)
Dud - Stephen Jackson. Will put up okay numbers around bottom of top 20 RB's but will be overdrafted in most leagues.
Sleeper - Eddie Lacy. Could put up 12+ TD's in GB.

WR:
1) Calvin Johnson
2) Bryant
3) Green
4) Julio Jones
5) D Thomas
Dud - Brandon Marshall. Was overfed the ball last year, comes back to earth this season maybe cracking top 10.
Sleeper - Golden Tate. Looks to be the #1 WR in Seattle and believe the team will open the playbook for Wilson to pass more in his soph season.

TE:
1) Graham
2) Witten (assuming yardage league)
3) Gonzales (in a great situation even at his age)
4) Gronkowski (even with the missed games)
5) Gates (small resurgence with mediocre receivers in SD)
Dud - Finley. Rodgers looses faith in him and he screws up his contract year like the last two.
Sleeper - Eh.

K:
1) Dawson
2) Gostkowski
3) Brown
4) Tucker
5) Hauschka

Last edited by mouser: 09-04-2013 at 02:42 PM.
mouser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Aquin001 on Ice

QB's
1. Brees
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Cam
5. Peyton
Dud: Russell Wilson
Sleeper: Sam Bradford

RB
1. AP
2. Martin
3. Foster
4. Spiller
5. Charles
Dud: Trent Richardson
Sleeper: Ryan Matthews

WR
1. Megatron
2. Dez
3. Green
4. Demaryius
5. V. Jackson
Dud: Hakeem Nicks
Sleeper: Tavon Austin

TE
1. Graham
2. Gronkowski
3. Witten
4. Olsen
5. Gonzalez
Dud: Vernon Davis
Sleeper: Gates

Aquin001 on Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 12:58 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Thought it would be fun to come back to see how my projections fared. Using standard fantasy yardage league scoring system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
QB's:
1) Brees
2) Peyton
3) Brady
4) Rodgers
5) Ryan
Dud - RG3. Expect him to put up average QB fantasy stats at best.
Sleeper - Dalton. Potential to make it into top 10 fantasy QB's.
Actual:
1 - Peyton
2 - Brees
3 - Dalton
4 - Stafford
5 - Newton
9 - Ryan
14 - Brady
26 - Rodgers (injury, 5th PPG)

Peyton and Brees finished 1-2. Very down year for Brady who finished as just an average QB. Rodgers gets an incomplete for injury, but was top 5 in points/game when healthy. Ryan and Atlanta a total disappointment though Ryan still finished in the top 10. Had Newton at 10 and Stafford at 12. Wanted to put Stafford higher but couldn't do it after his miserable 2012 season.

Dud RGIII finished 19th overall, 12th in points/game. Sleeper pick Dalton hit it out of the park finishing 3rd.

Quote:
RB:
1) Peterson
2) Charles (gets a bump out of Andy Reid offense)
3) Martin
4) Rice
5) McCoy (racks up good stats in Kelly's offense)
Dud - Stephen Jackson. Will put up okay numbers around bottom of top 20 RB's but will be overdrafted in most leagues.
Sleeper - Eddie Lacy. Could put up 12+ TD's in GB.
Actual:
1 - Charles
2 - McCoy
3 - Forte
4 - Lynch
5 - Moreno
6 - Peterson
30 - Rice
55 - Martin (injury, 25th PPG)

Charles and McCoy both had huge years as predicted. Had Lynch 6th on my list, so don't feel bad on missing that. Peterson was just a good RB this year, though 5th on the points/game when healthy. Expected a much worse year for Forte and didn't expect anything from Moreno given Denver's RB situation heading into 2013. Don't know what I was thinking with Rice, I knew his numbers would be down but they were way worse then expected. Even though he was injured early, Martin was only 25th in points/game as TB turned in a dreadful season going from 13th in 2012 scoring to 30th in 2013--a drop of 101 points.

Dud Stephen Jackson finished 32nd overall and 27th in points/game, hit that one. Jackson did miss several games, however I was expecting that would happen given his age and mileage and factored it into my projections. Sleeper Lacy finished 7th overall while scoring 11TD's, likely would have had more if Rodgers stayed healthy.

Quote:
WR:
1) Calvin Johnson
2) Bryant
3) Green
4) Julio Jones
5) D Thomas
Dud - Brandon Marshall. Was overfed the ball last year, comes back to earth this season maybe cracking top 10.
Sleeper - Golden Tate. Looks to be the #1 WR in Seattle and believe the team will open the playbook for Wilson to pass more in his soph season.
Actual:
1 - Gordon
2 - D Thomas
3 - Calvin Johnson
4 - AJ Green
5 - Dez Bryant
64 - Julio Jones (injured, 4th in PPG)

Hit 4 out of 5, and Jones was 4th in points/game before suffering an early season ending injury, so very happy with this batch. Josh Gordon I had down in the 30's, don't know how anyone could have seen this season coming.

Dud Marshall, missed that one as he still managed to finish 6th, though I was only projecting a drop to the 9-14 range after he finished 2nd in 2012. Sleeper Tate, missed on that as he finished a mediocre 29th. Best of Seattle's WR's, but still disappointing.

Quote:
TE:
1) Graham
2) Witten (assuming yardage league)
3) Gonzales (in a great situation even at his age)
4) Gronkowski (even with the missed games)
5) Gates (small resurgence with mediocre receivers in SD)
Dud - Finley. Rodgers looses faith in him and he screws up his contract year like the last two.
Sleeper - Eh.
Actual
1 - Graham
2 - Davis
3 - J Thomas
4 - Cameron
5 - Witten
6 - Gonzales
9 - Gates
16 - Gronkowski (injury, 2nd in PPG)

Graham and Witten both top 5. Gonzales finished 6th, Gates 9th, so not too far off on those predictions. Gronk re-injured. David, JThomas and Cameron were all huge this season, had Davis at 8th, Thomas at 9th and Cameron down at 16th on my preseason rankings, so big misses when you consider the gap between the top TE's and next tier.

Dud Finley was injured. Debatable where his season would have ended up. Posted decent numbers before being hurt, going 10th in points/game.

Quote:
K:
1) Dawson
2) Gostkowski
3) Brown
4) Tucker
5) Hauschka
Actual
1 - Gostkowski
2 - Prater
3 - Novak
4 - Hauschka
5 - Crosby
6 - Dawson
7 - Tucker
26 - Brown

Picking kickers is always a game of guessing which teams will have the best offense. My top pick Dawson finished 6th. 3rd pick Brown was devastated by the NYG offense that went from 6th in 2012 scoring to 28th in 2013 scoring--a drop off of 135 points season to season. Tucker finished 7th. I had Prater at 11th, so that's a miss. Had Crosby at 13th. I want to be able to say Crosby had more FG opportunities with Rodgers not there to score as many TD's but that's not the case--Crosby averaged 3 more points/game when Rodgers played.

Interesting to note that Gostkowski finished 1st in spite of Brady having a poor season by his standards, kicking 9 more FG's and 22 less extra points compared to 2012. Year over year New England scored 113 fewer points this season.

Well, there's always next year

mouser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
QBs
1. Brees
2. Peyton
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Rogers
Dud - Wilson. I expect regression from him.
Sleeper - Carson Palmer. I think he puts up Top 12 (Fantasy) QB numbers. Alex Smith could also put up solid numbers because of the Andy Reid QB factor.
I think Brees and Peyton were still 1 and 2 just reversed. Rodgers got hurt, Brady wasn't Brady and I put Rodgers twice and didn't realize it. Other Top 5 QBs were Rivers, Dalton and Newton.

Wilson wasn't a dud. Palmer and Smith were middle of the road.

Quote:
RBs
1. AD
2. Spiller
3. Martin
4. Foster
5. Rice
Dud - Morris. Just because it's Mike Shanahan. He could bring Olandis Gary or Mike Anderson outta retirement for all we know. Another is Montee Ball. Not that I think he'll suck just that pre-season rankings had him valued too high.
Sleeper - Bilal Powell. I don't expect him to be a Top 10 RB but I think he's better than Ivory and the Jets have nothing else. I think he'll end up a decent #2 RB/Flex this year.
Wow not even close. AD was still 6th despite missing a few games with injuries. Foster and Martin got hurt and Rice and Spiller were huge flops. Top 5 RBs were McCoy, Charles, Forte, Moreno and Lynch.

Dud and Sleeper: I nailed Ball, but Morris was solid. Powell was bench depth at best.

Quote:
WRs
1. Calvin
2. Dez
3. Julio
4. Green
5. Cobb
Dud - Andre Johnson. I don't see him sucking but I don't think he finish Top 10-15.
Sleeper - Kenbrell Thompkins is an easy pick. I also like TY Hilton. Off the board I think Rod Streater develops into a solid WR3/Flex.
Julio was on his way to being #1 before he got hurt. Cobb got hurt too. The other 3 were still Top WR along with Josh Gordon (despite a suspension) and Demaryius Thomas.

As for dud and sleeper, Johnson did finish in that 10-15 range. Thompkins flopped, Hilton was good and Streater came on later.

Quote:
TEs
1. Graham
2. Gronk
3. Davis
4. Witten
5. Rudolph
Dud - I agree with OP pick of Gonzalez. It seems like the Falcons begged him to come back.
Sleeper - My previous pick woulda been Rob Housler but he's out a few weeks. So I'll say Jared Cook and Jordan Cameron.
Got Graham right. Witten and Davis were both Top 5. Gronk and Rudolph got hurt. Gonzalez wasn't a dud and Cameron ended up finishing Top 5 so I got that sleeper right.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 03:56 PM
BGDDYKWL

I actually went back and looked at this last week. My God I did bad.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 06:02 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
QBs
1. Brees -duh
2. Peyton
3. Rodgers
4. Romo - will throw for a ton of yards and TDs, some picks obviously though
5. Stafford - simply because of volume
Dud - Eli - WRs become unhealthy and affects him
Sleeper - Weeden (that was tough to type out)

RBs
1. AP
2. McCoy - think that he kills it in new offense
3. Charles - stays healthy and Reid will use him
4. Forte - new offense, same lack of WR and might get GL carries
5. Lynch - beast
Dud - Morris - Shananigans changes his time again
Sleeper - Wilson - improves pass pro and has the opportunity

WRs
1. CJ - best WR and will be force fed the ball
2. Bryant - huge year with team actually trying to create a run game (maybe)
3. Jones
4. Garcon - stays healthy along with RG3 and produces
5. Thomas - peyton's go to
Dud - Green - runs into injury issues
Sleeper - Thompkins - most people are paying attention to him already but having chemistry with brady goes a long way

TEs
1. Graham
2. Gonzales
3. Witten
4. Gronk
5. Cook
Dud - Olsen
Sleeper - Cameron (challenges for lead in TDs for TE)
I was pretty close on all my top 5s. My sleepers and duds were way off though

TheGooooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:13 PM
agent22red
10/10/14

vCash: 206
All I know is is that I was the 3rd pick and i was supposed to pick Martin, Rice, or even Spiller ahead of Charles. Luckily I didnt listen to any of the experts.

Thanks to Charles, Cam and oddly enough Dalton. I won this year!

Beginning Roster
QB - Newton/Dalton
WR - Julio
WR - Brown
RB - Charles
RB - D. Williams
TE - Finley
Flex - J. Bell (Detroit)
K - Bailey
Def - San Fran and Carolina

After injuries and some trades
QB - Newton/Dalton
WR - Fitzgerald
WR - Antonio Brown
RB - Charles
RB - R. Bush
Flex - D. Williams
TE - D. Walker
K - Vinetari
Def - Carolina/ KC

agent22red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
I'll try to do rough stat projections as well.

QBs
1. Drew Brees - The Saints just throw way too much to not pick Brees for this spot. Getting Payton back will help his bid as well.

Projection - 5,300 passing yds, 45 TDs, 15 INTs, 50 rushing yds, 0 TDs
Actual - 5,162 yds, 39 TDs, 12 INTs, 52 rushing yds, 3 TDs

2. Rodgers - The most consistent QB in the game and he should be better than he was last year (not as good as he was two years ago, but somewhere inbetween).

Projection - 4,400 passing yds, 40 TDs, 5 INTs, 250 rushing yds, 3 TDs
Actual (pace; played 9 games, but 8 complete games) - 5,064 yds, 38 TDs, 12 INTs, 240 rushing yds, 0 TDs

3. Matthew Stafford - I'm huge on him this year. He was getting poached out of TDs like CRAZY last year. Most passing attempts of all time last year, one of the best receivers of all time to throw to, and he also gets one of the best receiving backs in the league to throw to as well. Way too much upside there.

Projection - 5,100 passing yds, 35 TDs, 15 INTs, 100 rushing yards, 1 TD
Actual - 4,650 yds, 29 TDs, 19 INTs, 69 rushing yds, 2 TDs

4. Peyton Manning - I'm thinking something similar to last year, which is great. I know a lot of people thing Welker will increase his production like crazy, but he spreads the ball around so much anyways.

Projection - 4,600 passing yds, 35 TDs, 10 INTs, 10 rushing yds, 0 TDs
Actual - 5,477 yds, 55 TDs, 10 INTs, -31 rushing yds, 1 TD

5. Andrew Luck - I'm expecting Indy to use him similarly to last year, but with Luck becoming way more accurate and cutting down on his turnovers. He gives you decent rushing stats as well.

Projection - 4,600 passing yds, 30 TDs, 10 INTs, 250 rushing yds, 2 TDs
Actual - 3,822 yds, 23 TDs, 9 INTs, 377 rushing yds, 4 TDs

Dud - Russell Wilson. I really like the guy but the Seahawks pass the least in the league, and I don't know if he can be as opportunistic with his throws as he was last year. I expect them to use him more than last year, but I'm not sure he holds up in ball security if that's the case. I would say RG3 but I feel he's too easy of a pick with his injury concerns.

Projection - 3,200 passing yds, 20 TDs, 15 INTs, 500 rushing yds, 5 TDs
Actual - 3,357 yds, 26 TDs, 9 INTs, 539 rushing yds, 1 TD

Sleeper - Eli Manning. He was so off last year, and I think a full year from throwing to Cruz, Nicks, Randle and Myers could do him wonders.

Projection - 4,500 passing yds, 30 TDs, 15 INTs, 20 rushing yds, 0 TDs
Actual - 3,818 yds, 18 TDs, 27 INTs, 36 rushing yds, 0 TDs
Brees was close. Rodgers probably would have been good with a full season. Way off on Eli though, jeez.

Called 3/5, missed on Dalton and Newton for top 5.

0/2 on busts/sleepers

Quote:
RBs

1. Adrian Peterson - You simply can't bet against this guy.

Projection - 1,750 rushing yds, 14 TDs, 250 receiving yds, 1 TD
Actual (pace, 14 games) - 1,447 yds, 11 TDs, 195 receiving yds, 1 TD

2. Doug Martin - Seems pretty lame to pick the projected top two guys, but I really think Martin will be huge again this year, maybe even improving slightly on his rookie season.

Projection - 1,500 rushing yds, 10 TDs, 500 receiving yds, 3 TDs
Actual (pace; 6 games) - 1,216 yds, 3 TDs, 176 yds, 0 TDs

3. Marshawn Lynch - One of the most consistent RBs in the league. I'm not expecting quite as good of a season as last year, but he should be fairly close.

Projection - 1,500 rushing yds, 13 TDs, 200 receiving yds, 1 TD
Actual - 1,257 yds, 12 TDs, 316 receiving yds, 2 TDs

4. Trent Richardson - He should be huge this year. Cleveland will run him into the ground, and he's nearly bust-proof due to his receiving ability. I'm expecting a huge year.

Projection - 1,200 rushing yds, 10 TDs, 600 receiving yds, 2 TDs
Actual - 563 yds, 3 TDs, 316 yds, 1 TD

5. Arian Foster - Seems to be forgotten, but he's as consistent as they come and should dominate the goalline again. I'm not buying into his workload decreasing THAT much.

1,250 rushing yds, 12 TDs, 350 receiving yds, 3 TDs
Actual (pace; played 8 games, 7 full games) - 1,238 yds, 2 TDs, 418 yds, 2 TDs

Dud - C.J. Spiller - I'm not saying he'll be a dud in the sense that he'll be bad, but I think he's going to disappoint a lot of people who are picking him in the top 3, expecting him to be as good in a full-time role as he was splitting carries with Jackson last year. I'm expecting that YPC average to come crashing down.

Projection - 1,100 rushing yds, 6 TDs, 500 receiving yds, 2 TDs
Actual (pace; 15 games) - 989 yds, 2 TDs, 197 yds, 0 TDs

Sleeper - Giovani Bernard - I expect him to really eat into BJGE's carries right away, and I think he's the most talented young RB going into this year.

Projection - 1,000 rushing yds, 6 TDs, 300 receiving yds, 2 TDs
Actual - 695 yds, 5 TDs, 514 yds, 3 TDs
Despite some whiffs due to injuries (Martin and Foster), Lynch and Peterson weren't that bad of projections, and I called Spiller and Bernard. I overestimated Spiller, but Bernard was very close, despite some discrepancies in how I said he'd get his yards. I projected 1,300 yards and 8 TDs and he got 1,209 yards and 8 TDs.

I could not have been more wrong on Richardson, trade aside.

1/5, missed on Charles, McCoy, Forte, Moreno
2/2 on busts/sleepers

Quote:
WRs

1. Calvin Johnson - Similar to AP, you just can't bet against him. He should be a lot luckier with TDs than he was last year.

Projection - 1,750 receiving yds, 14 TDs
Actual (pace, 14 games) - 1,705 yds, 14 TDs

2. A.J. Green - He's the only receiver out of the next group of guys besides Marshall that doesn't have a major threat to take away from his targets, and he proved to be unbelievably consistent last year, despite all the attention he received. Unbelievable upside and a high floor.

Projection - 1,350 receiving yds, 14 TDs
Actual - 1,426 yds, 11 TDs

3. Andre Johnson - I honestly don't understand why people have this guy ranked as low as they do. He's an absolute yardage monster and, while he's never been great with getting elite TD numbers, he certainly will have more than 4 this year.

Projection - 1,500 receiving yds, 8 TDs
Actual - 1,407 yds, 5 TDs

4. Brandon Marshall - I am not a fan of the guy, but I can't deny how many targets he gets and the connection he has with Cutler.

Projection - 1,350 receiving yds, 10 TDs
Actual - 1,295 yds, 12 TDs

5. Dez Bryant - I don't think he'll be quite as dominant as people expect him to be (he's got a lot of competition for targets in Dallas and we all know how inconsistent he can be at times), but Romo should be throwing a ton again, and you can't deny his talent.

Projection - 1,300 receiving yds, 10 TDs
Actual - 1,233 yds, 13 TDs

Dud - Larry Fitzgerald - I think people are expecting him to rebound a bit too much. He'll definitely be better than last year but I don't think he does as well as other receivers that will be taken around where he is. I also don't think people give him enough blame as they should for his poor production last year. Yeah, his QBs were terrible, but he was still targeted a ton last year.

Projection - 1,000 yds, 6 TDs
Actual - 954 yds, 10 TDs

Sleeper - Dwayne Bowe - I don't think he's getting enough hype this year. Smith isn't great but he can make those intermediate throws well enough and Bowe can really excel on those types of routes. It'll also be a very pass-happy offense and Bowe doesn't have much competition there.

Projection - 1,100 yds, 8 TDs
Actual (pace; 15 games) - 718 yds, 5 TDs
Really solid overall. Obviously missed out on some big names like Gordon and Brown, etc. but those projections are very close.

3/5 on top 5, missed on Gordon and Thomas.
Soft 1/2 on busts/sleepers for Fitz

Quote:
TEs

1. Jimmy Graham - Another no-brainer for top spot. He should be better than last year with not as many dropped passes.

Projection - 1,200 yds, 10 TDs
Actual - 1,215 yds, 16 TDs

2. Vernon Davis - Crabtree's injury should force Kaepernick to develop some chemistry with Davis. He has as high of a ceiling as any if he can bring it this year. Unlike guys like Witten and Gonzalez, he could be the focal part of the offense. I know he has a pretty low floor, but I'm expecting him to be great this year.

Projection - 900 yds, 9 TDs
Actual (pace; 15 games) - 907 yds, 14 TDs

3. Jason Witten - He's the Andre Johnson of TEs. Can't see him only putting up 3 TDs again.

Projection - 950 yds, 6 TDs
Actual - 851 yds, 8 TDs

4. Rob Gronkowski - Man, is this one ever tough. He's easily the TE to have if he's healthy, but I'm expecting him to miss 3 or 4 games at least. As good as he is, it's tough to make up that ground when there are other great TEs in the league as well.

Projection - 12 games, 700 yds, 9 TDs
Actual - 7 games, 592 yds, 4 TDs

5. Tony Gonzalez - Maybe not as great as last year with another year of development from Julio Jones, but he should be near a lock for a top 5 performance when you look at the remaining TEs.

Projection - 800 yds, 7 TDs
Actual - 859 yds, 8 TDs

Dud - Kyle Rudolph - He's just got such a low floor as he's so reliant on TDs. Ponder's play is just too erratic and I expect Jennings to take away from some of those intermediate throws. He could come through with a great year, but I'm just not seeing it.

Projection - 400 yds, 6 TDs
Actual (pace; 8 games) - 626 yds, 6 TDs

Sleeper - Heath Miller - Seems to be completely forgotten about. He's one of the most consistent TEs when he's healthy and he should be back for week 1. Obviously has big bust potential with injury concerns, but I think he pulls through and puts up stats fairly close to his great season last year.

Projection - 700 yds, 5 TDs
Actual (pace; 14 games) - 678 yds, 1 TD
Not bad again. Undervalued Graham and Davis' TD production, but was close on yards and knew they'd be the top 2. Witten and Gonzo were good. Gronk dominated when in, although my totals were off. Called Rudolph slumping. Was close on Miller's yds but he had no TD production.

3/5, missed on Cameron and Julius
1/2 on busts/sleepers

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote