HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will win the NBA Central?

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Central?
Bulls 10 76.92%
Pacers 3 23.08%
Bucks 0 0%
Pistons 0 0%
Cavs 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Wrigley
Muddy Waters

vCash: 500
Who will win the NBA Central?

Who will win the NBA Central? Poll coming.

Now when I was a young boy, at the age of five, My mother said I was gonna be, the greatest man alive, But now I'm a man, way past 21, Want you to believe me baby, I had lot's of fun, I'm a man
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Gotta go with the Pacers, although the Bulls should make it interesting. It really all hinges on Rose; if he comes back in MVP form I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the Bulls pull it out.

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 08:59 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
So long as Rose is healthy, should be the Bulls, especially with Thibs acting like every regular season game is like a game seven and pushing his players accordingly (for better or worse).

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limits of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Cullksinikers

I think the Bulls and Pacers are each top-three seeds in the East, and I'm sure you guys can guess the other one. Rose needs to be healthy for them to win this, but Jimmy Butler is really going to help them even more on both ends. He's a special player. If his shooting continues to get more efficient, he's now a space-creator for Rose. In turn, Rose's efficiency getting to the lane can be a space-creating mechanism for Butler to take advantage of to boost his production. I'm really excited to see what happens. Rose, Deng, Butler, Boozer, and Noah is a damn good starting lineup, but I still don't see a clear-cut second scorer. An acquisition of Arron Afflalo or a guy like that as a sixth man would be extremely beneficial for the Bulls. What they need is a knock-down shooter. The effort and defense is always there, but they need someone who can consistently knock down some shots from outside. I think Butler is good, but he's not a prototypical knock-down shooter. Dunleavy is just alright. Afflalo isn't a second scorer, but he'll definitely score and space the floor for guys to get to the rim for higher quality shots.

I'll go with the Bulls since Vogel is a tool.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Bulls have become rather underrated - maybe not by Chicago fans, but by others. They had the best record in the league two seasons in a row with Rose.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Bulls aren't that good and cant compete with rising teams in East (Let alone the Heat) until they get a legit 2nd scoring threat

Pacers should win the division and look like the best young team in East

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
The Bulls and the Pacers should be the only options. I went with Chicago, hoping Rose can bring them back to a top team in the East, but Indiana is a good team that always plays the Bulls hard. Their defensive game is one of the best in the league, along with Chicago. And they nearly beat Miami in the Conference Finals.

It could go either way, but I'd give the edge to Indiana at this point.

Pepe Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 02:55 PM
MurrayBannerman
The Portents

vCash: 1062
Cleveland will probably make the playoffs.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Kaners BAC

Well it depends on Rose.

Is Rose 110% yet? Can he dunk off either leg? Did he clear it with Reggie and BJ? What about God? Does he know if it's time for Rose to come back yet?

Did I miss any other excuse he gave a couple months ago?

Kaners BAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 06:49 PM
madgoat33

he should have just stayed quiet and/or said that he was going to miss the whole year. Either way, i think its pretty dumb to question his work ethic/heart/etc...

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Either way, i think its pretty dumb to question his work ethic/heart/etc...
I don't. I have major questions about his heart and his ability to lead the team. I'd say it's pretty dumb NOT to have doubts about Rose.

Kaners BAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 07:49 PM
HeisenBaez

Bulls, easily. Pacers don't have a player of Rose's caliber and thus that is what separates the two. Should Teague and Butler take that next step in development then the Bulls should win the division by several games and challenge the Heat for the #1 seed.

Bold prediction: Bulls will overtake the Heat this year. In fact the Heat doesn't make the ECF this year.

HeisenBaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 08:11 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludhavenHawks View Post
Bulls, easily. Pacers don't have a player of Rose's caliber and thus that is what separates the two. Should Teague and Butler take that next step in development then the Bulls should win the division by several games and challenge the Heat for the #1 seed.

Bold prediction: Bulls will overtake the Heat this year. In fact the Heat doesn't make the ECF this year.
that's a little past bold...

As long as the heat have lebron and bosh, they should be relative locks for ECF unless the bulls play them earlier and manage to go ham.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote