Danes in the NHL 2013-14

Old
01-04-2014, 07:03 AM
ImGoingNucks
I'm Pickle Riiiiiick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathies_dane View Post
I am gonna go with Björkstrand as the next Dane to touch NHL-Ice. I think Lauridsen and Ehlers are both a bit too far off but they would be my 2./3. on the list.
Bjorkstrand for me too.

I think his wrister is too deadly to let go. He could do some real damage with the right linemates.

One thing is his small frame though..

Depending on how early Ehlers goes in the draft he could easily be first. He is also quite small in stature, but stronger and more aggressive than Bjork.

Also Bjork wont grow much more, his father is small and his older brother is small.

Ehlers on the other hand might very well grow a few inches.

Weight is always easier to gain, but it has to be the propper weight

I still think Lauridsen is far from NHL, im not too sure about the AVS situation on D, to be honest though.

He had 2 assists yesterday for Lake Eerie.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Godt nytår og god... Yule?

It seemed like a 1. day of the year anti-jinx all over the sports world(See the Premier League Danes). They'll come down to earth

Quick new years pop-test: Who'll be the next Dane to touch NHL-ice for the first time? Had the argument new years eve and it ended in a three-way-tie. Now I want you to tell me I was right
Well it could be Yule, Christmas or Noel in English. I just celebrate Jul or not Kristmesse.

So after that fantastic Danish 1'st of Jan, then it down to earth but at least still a little production.
Last night Mikkel Bødker scored though and the 2'nd of Jan. Lars Eller also got a goal.

It will take my guess on Nikolaj Ehlers will make it first......

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Bank

I actually think Lauridsen is closer to the NHL than you might think. With Siemens and Elliot injured he might be the next call-up at the moment. Matt Hunwick has been buried but he might not be ahead of Lauridsen - you don't bury a guy you had on your team all last year unless you're done with that player I'm having a hard time judging whether Lauridsens on the first pairing in Lake Erie but it looks like it.

Given that I don't think Ehlers or Bjorkstrand will see NHL ice for at least 1,5 year(s), I honestly think it's a three way race with Lauridsen being 3 injuries away as it stands now.

That said my money is on Ehlers. And I'm usually very conservative with expecting potential to equal results

With his multiple game last night Bødker is now a tied top 20 producing LW in the NHL. Solid 1st line numbers if your world is black and white. That's something that deserves some credit being on a Tippett team(Where it's practically impossible to be a PPG-player) and all

And what do know Justinov you're right... Did not know that. Goes to show what I know You're quickly turning into of the first people I'd ask to call if I were ever to be "Who wants to be a millionaire?"

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Justinov

Quote:
I actually think Lauridsen is closer to the NHL than you might think. With Siemens and Elliot injured he might be the next call-up at the moment. Matt Hunwick has been buried but he might not be ahead of Lauridsen - you don't bury a guy you had on your team all last year unless you're done with that player I'm having a hard time judging whether Lauridsens on the first pairing in Lake Erie but it looks like it.

Given that I don't think Ehlers or Bjorkstrand will see NHL ice for at least 1,5 year(s), I honestly think it's a three way race with Lauridsen being 3 injuries away as it stands now.

That said my money is on Ehlers. And I'm usually very conservative with expecting potential to equal results

With his multiple game last night Bødker is now a tied top 20 producing LW in the NHL. Solid 1st line numbers if your world is black and white. That's something that deserves some credit being on a Tippett team(Where it's practically impossible to be a PPG-player) and all

And what do know Justinov you're right... Did not know that. Goes to show what I know You're quickly turning into of the first people I'd ask to call if I were ever to be "Who wants to be a millionaire?"
Well Oliver Lauridsen got his debut based on multiple injuries, so maybe Markus Lauridsen can get the same luck.
Yeah Bødker has finally started to score with more regularity, so credit to him!

It could be "Christmas" if you stayed up for midnight mass holding “kristmesse“, but most Danes celebrate good old heathen Jul (Yule) by eating and drinking to celebrate the winter solstice and the end of shortening days.

Old
01-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Well Oliver Lauridsen got his debut based on multiple injuries, so maybe Markus Lauridsen can get the same luck.
Yeah Bødker has finally started to score with more regularity, so credit to him!

It could be you if you stayed up for midnight mass holding “kristmesse“, but most Danes celebrate good old heathen Jul by eating and drinking to celebrate the winter solstice and the end of shortening days.
@Lauridsen I actually think it was a larger amount of injuries that paved his way. Philly used something like 15 d-men that year. Colorado just needs to use 11 maybe 12. That said Oliver wasn't the last guy called up, and I don't remember where he fitted in.

WTF! Having consulted Wikipedia I've now learned I'm a pagan... why you heff to mad wikipedia

And here I though going to church hearing gibberish, going home to feast and sharing present bought on credit was the message of Christ

Old
01-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Justinov

Quote:
@Lauridsen I actually think it was a larger amount of injuries that paved his way. Philly used something like 15 d-men that year. Colorado just needs to use 11 maybe 12. That said Oliver wasn't the last guy called up, and I don't remember where he fitted in.

WTF! Having consulted Wikipedia I've now learned I'm a pagan... why you heff to mad wikipedia

And here I though going to church hearing gibberish, going home to feast and sharing present bought on credit was the message of Christ
Well Christianity is pagan Judaim anyways -> like you won't get jews to drink blood!
Though in Lutheranism it's wine with the essence of Christ's blood and not actually the blood of christ in Catholicism.
But in pagan Jul our pig meat is all pig but perhaps with an essence of Frey & Freyja - fertility and prosperity for the coming year? The horse flesh has gone out of the diet though, because of Christianity that made it illegal after the conversion!

Old
01-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Bank

Quote:
Well Christianity is pagan Judaim anyways -> like you won't get jews to drink blood!
Though in Lutheranism it's wine with the essence of Christ's blood and not actually the blood of christ in Catholicism.
But in pagan Jul our pig meat is all pig but perhaps with an essence of Frey & Freyja - fertility and prosperity for the coming year? The horse flesh has gone out of the diet though, because of Christianity that made it illegal after the conversion!
There's some sort of Findus joke in there

Old
01-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Justinov

Quote:
There's some sort of Findus joke in there
Findus and their horse-meat scandal!
They have tried to reintroduce horse the criminal way - with horses shot full of phenylbutazone - so not entirely healthy as food.
But our indo-european speaking ancestors drank fermented (alcoholic) mare's milk and ate horse though cows got the upper hand (teat?) eventually in both cases

Our NHL players can "rest easy" since in North America they eat cattle-meat and drink milk with bovine growth hormone.......

Old
01-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Mathies_dane

Send a message via AIM to Mathies_dane Send a message via MSN to Mathies_dane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Bjorkstrand for me too.

I think his wrister is too deadly to let go. He could do some real damage with the right linemates.

One thing is his small frame though..

Depending on how early Ehlers goes in the draft he could easily be first. He is also quite small in stature, but stronger and more aggressive than Bjork.

Also Bjork wont grow much more, his father is small and his older brother is small.

Ehlers on the other hand might very well grow a few inches.

Weight is always easier to gain, but it has to be the propper weight

I still think Lauridsen is far from NHL, im not too sure about the AVS situation on D, to be honest though.

He had 2 assists yesterday for Lake Eerie.
RE: Lauridsen. I am just an unapologetic homer having grown up in Gentofte and remembering them from the good old ICG days so I want them, No offense to other players of course, to make the NHL more than the other Danes in NA.

Mathies_dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 03:56 PM
ImGoingNucks
I'm Pickle Riiiiiick

Quote:
RE: Lauridsen. I am just an unapologetic homer having grown up in Gentofte and remembering them from the good old ICG days so I want them, No offense to other players of course, to make the NHL more than the other Danes in NA.

Oh so you are Danish.. Here I just thought you had Danish ancestry

Oh well, no need to apologize either, so thats understandable. I like both him and his brother.. Oliver is a big fav of mine.

Old
01-06-2014, 11:01 PM
admire
Ducks/Jets Fan

Quote:
But those horsies are so CUUUUUUTE!

Quote:
Could oliver skate back then or did he just walk on the ice and hit people?

I love those brothers, especially Oliver because he brought something we have never ever had on the NT, but I do find it a little funny that he is such a bad skater.

----

Well back to people in the NHL right now....:Because now even Peter Regin scores!

Frans Nielsen had an assist

admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by admire View Post
Well back to people in the NHL right now....:Because now even Peter Regin scores!

Frans Nielsen had an assist
Yeah we almost forgot that Regin could produce - how many matches without a single point?
Answer 25 matches without points between current and last.
Though only two in NY Islanders has -1 statistics (Regin and Nielsen) in spite both getting 1 point in a 7-3 win.
No point for Eller either as Montreal won 2-1 over Florida.

Old
01-08-2014, 03:11 AM
Bagge

Short article on Bødkers recent success:

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|PHX|home

Bagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 03:12 AM
Bagge

Quote:
Yeah we almost forgot that Regin could produce - how many matches without a single point?
Answer 25 matches without points between current and last.
Though only two in NY Islanders has -1 statistics (Regin and Nielsen) in spite both getting 1 point in a 7-3 win.
No point for Eller either as Montreal won 2-1 over Florida.
It is interesting though. Regin finally scores and then he is a healthy scratch the next game.

Old
01-08-2014, 05:59 AM
ImGoingNucks
I'm Pickle Riiiiiick

Yeah Boedker just beat his career high in points in just 42gp.

Guess it's time to start giving him the credit he derserves. wtg Boeds !

Old
01-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Justinov

Quote:

Yeah Bødker got 1G 1A last night (13'th goal), Frans Nielsen had 1G (16'th goal, but was -2) and Jannik Hansen 1A.
Neither Frederik Andersen, Philip Larsen or Peter Regin played.

Mikkel Bødker is really in a good scoring period lately!
Frans Nielsen not at his best currently, but still producing a bit. Probably because the whole benefits from having Tavares finally finding his super-game making NY Islanders a winning team after a month of depression.

Old
01-08-2014, 12:08 PM
ImGoingNucks
I'm Pickle Riiiiiick

Quote:
Yeah Bødker got 1G 1A last night (13'th goal), Frans Nielsen had 1G (16'th goal, but was -2) and Jannik Hansen 1A.
Neither Frederik Andersen, Philip Larsen or Peter Regin played.

Mikkel Bødker is really in a good scoring period lately!
Frans Nielsen not at his best currently, but still producing a bit. Probably because the whole benefits from having Tavares finally finding his super-game making NY Islanders a winning team after a month of depression.
I wonder if Nielsen get's 1st line duties during the olympics?

Yeah Boedker has really been playing good. Ive watched a few games, and he is not just putting up points, but buzzing around the ice It's really cool too see.

Old
01-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Justinov

Quote:
I wonder if Nielsen get's 1st line duties during the olympics?

Yeah Boedker has really been playing good. Ive watched a few games, and he is not just putting up points, but buzzing around the ice It's really cool too see.
Thats actually quite interesting and a real possibility......
Islanders lose Vanek and Tavares from the 1'st line, so it will likely Nielsen-Okposo and then who?
Bailey has not had a good season but is probably the best bet since is Grabner in Olympics as well. They will probably use Strome as center now, but he could also go 1'st line as wing.
Nielsen - Strome/Nelson - Regin (?) - Cizikas as the 4 centers?

Old
01-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Bagge

What are you guys talking about? There are no games during The Olympics????

Old
01-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Bank

Quote:

C'mon man... Now what am I suppose to spend my life on these boards arguing

Quote:
When you put it like this... This Frans Nielsen promotion. You know me not to be a party pooper, but have you thought this 1st line thing through? Hint: Look at the NHL schedule during the Olympics!

Nice to see Bødker hitting his Olympic form.... LALALALALALALALALALALA

EDIT: Dammit Bagge. To fast

Old
01-09-2014, 05:53 AM
Justinov

Quote:
When you put it like this... This Frans Nielsen promotion. You know me not to be a party pooper, but have you thought this 1st line thing through? Hint: Look at the NHL schedule during the Olympics!

Oh well...got carried away there.

Old
01-09-2014, 09:01 AM
ImGoingNucks
I'm Pickle Riiiiiick

Quote:
Islanders lose Vanek and Tavares from the 1'st line, so it will likely Nielsen-Okposo and then who?
Bailey has not had a good season but is probably the best bet since is Grabner in Olympics as well. They will probably use Strome as center now, but he could also go 1'st line as wing.
Nielsen - Strome/Nelson - Regin (?) - Cizikas as the 4 centers?
Looks like we got ahead of ourselves there

Quote:
C'mon man... Now what am I suppose to spend my life on these boards arguing

Nice to see Bødker hitting his Olympic form.... LALALALALALALALALALALA

Sorry mate.. Winds of change

Old
01-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Bank

Quote:
Looks like we got ahead of ourselves there
Quote:
Oh well...got carried away there.
Well you just put it badly. But you didn't fool me. You were trying to start the popular game "Who'd benefit most from Putin kidnapping the Olympians to play in the KHL"

Well...

Contestant: Frans Nielsen
Price: A spot as a #1C

Contestant: Frederik Andersen
Price: A spot as 1B goalie with a injury plagued 1A goalie

Contestant: Lars Eller
Price: PP-time. And perhaps a spot on the 1st line.

Contestant: Peter Regin
Price: Wouldn't have to fear for his spot... or making the play offs

Contestant: Jannik Hansen
Price: Getting Jeremy Welsh(I guess?) as your center

Contestant: Mikkel Bødker
Price: 15 seconds of PP-time

Contestant: Oliver Lauridsen
Price: A spot in the NHL

Guess that makes Lauridsen or Frederik Andersen the winner of this round of.... "Who'd benefit the most from Putin kidnapping the Olympians to play in the KHL"!

Am I the only one that hadn't noticed that Philip Larsen was placed on IR? Were is he hurt?

Last edited by Bank: 01-09-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old
01-09-2014, 04:52 PM
ImGoingNucks
I'm Pickle Riiiiiick

Quote:
Well you just put it badly. But you didn't fool me. You were trying to start the popular game "Who'd benefit most from Putin kidnapping the Olympians to play in the KHL"

Well...

Contestant: Frans Nielsen
Price: A spot as a #1C

Contestant: Frederik Andersen
Price: A spot as 1B goalie with a injury plagued 1A goalie

Contestant: Lars Eller
Price: PP-time. And perhaps a spot on the 1st line.

Contestant: Peter Regin
Price: Wouldn't have to fear for his spot... or making the play offs

Contestant: Jannik Hansen
Price: Getting Jeremy Welsh(I guess?) as your center

Contestant: Mikkel Bødker
Price: 15 seconds of PP-time

Contestant: Oliver Lauridsen
Price: A spot in the NHL

Guess that makes Lauridsen or Frederik Andersen the winner of this round of.... "Who'd benefit the most from Putin kidnapping the Olympians to play in the KHL"!

Am I the only one that hadn't noticed that Philip Larsen was placed on IR? Were is he hurt?
My head has been spinning lately..

Been hella busy, and haven't cought too much hockey

Also moving back soon.

But good guesses mate, I tend to agree

I knew about philip, just hadn't gotten around to mention it.

Old
01-09-2014, 07:25 PM
ImGoingNucks
I'm Pickle Riiiiiick

Andersen not looking good so far. Let in 2 goals on the games first 3 sog.

svs% 33.33 so far.

His last few games have been shockingly bad.