Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL 2013-14

Old
01-10-2014, 02:59 AM
Bank

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Andersen not looking good so far. Let in 2 goals on the games first 3 sog.

svs% 33.33 so far.

His last few games have been shockingly bad.
What goes up usually comes down. But he stuck with it and recorded a Win and a sv% close to 90.

Bødker kept his streak going with another goal in Phoenix' 4-1 loss against Minnesota.

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:02 AM
ImGoingNucks
The flying Orca

vCash: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
What goes up usually comes down. But he stuck with it and recorded a Win and a sv% close to 90.

Bødker kept his streak going with another goal in Phoenix' 4-1 loss against Minnesota.
His last 3 games have been below 90%svs. Not good enough if he wants to cement a spot in the NHL.

I wonder if this is because he does not play.

Yes Boedker keeps on going

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Bagge

vCash: 500
Quote:
His last 3 games have been below 90%svs. Not good enough if he wants to cement a spot in the NHL.

I wonder if this is because he does not play.

Yes Boedker keeps on going
No goalie would have taken the first two goals. They were due to very bad defence and the Ducks were not playing well in the first 5 minutes.

But I am sure he will get his real chance next season when the goalie issue has been solved. As it is now, playing 3 games per month is not helping any part. Hiller picking up his A-game does not help either.

Bagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:53 AM
ImGoingNucks
The flying Orca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagge View Post
No goalie would have taken the first two goals. They were due to very bad defence and the Ducks were not playing well in the first 5 minutes.

But I am sure he will get his real chance next season when the goalie issue has been solved. As it is now, playing 3 games per month is not helping any part. Hiller picking up his A-game does not help either.
Thanks for clearing that up, did not watch the game

Let's hope, it is certain he needs more icetime.

Old
01-10-2014, 12:43 PM
QnebO

Niclas Hartd has been evolving since strating in Jokerit.. He looks so strong in the puck and plays dangerouse, straight forward game. He's just 88 born, I wouldn't even be that surprised if he got at least shot in the NHL soon. He could use couple of CM of lenght but he looks bigger than he did when he started as he has gained strength while playing in Jokerit.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:46 PM
ImGoingNucks
The flying Orca

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Niclas Hartd has been evolving since strating in Jokerit.. He looks so strong in the puck and plays dangerouse, straight forward game. He's just 88 born, I wouldn't even be that surprised if he got at least shot in the NHL soon. He could use couple of CM of lenght but he looks bigger than he did when he started as he has gained strength while playing in Jokerit.
Thanks mate, always nice to hear from Finland.

Hardt is my fav. Danish player not playing in the NHL. To be honest, id rather he stay in Europe and be a star, rather than go to NHL and become a meh, player.

Old
01-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Bank

Andersen and Gibson switch places. Good Andersen's gonna get some ice and that Anaheim take his development in consideration. Bad that they think Gibson is a capable backup. The window where Andersen is the one make room for may be closing faster than feared.

Old
01-10-2014, 03:37 PM
ImGoingNucks
The flying Orca

Quote:
Andersen and Gibson switch places. Good Andersen's gonna get some ice and that Anaheim take his development in consideration. Bad that they think Gibson is a capable backup. The window where Andersen is the one make room for may be closing faster than feared.
I had a bad feeling these last 3 games would bump him... All things considered under 90% is not very good.

On the bright side, this means Andersen get's to play regularly.

Old
01-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Bagge

Quote:
I had a bad feeling these last 3 games would bump him... All things considered under 90% is not very good.

On the bright side, this means Andersen get's to play regularly.
Buttom line, if Andersen is good enough for NHL, then he will eventually get his chance. Either at Anaheim or another club. I am not to worried, but he hasnt performed that well the last month or so, so it makes sense that Anaheim tries the other option.

Old
01-10-2014, 05:13 PM
NikoEhlers
Let's Go Nikolaj!!!

vCash: 50
Who really knows what the reasoning is behind sending him down is. I mean, he hasn't played for long stretches and will naturally look a bit rusty. Getting a handfull games under his belt in AHL is just what Frederik needs.

NikoEhlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Bank

^ Agree very much with that first line.

The timing with Andersen playing last game and Norfolk being close to Nashville makes me think this isn't a thing thought up last night. So who knows what's the reason behind. Wanting to see Gibson? Wanting to get Andersen some ice time? Wanting to rotate to two? Disappointed by Andersen some time ago? Worried about Norfolks hard schedule ahead?/Wanting to test Andersen with many games in a short period to see if he's up for a starter job?

Andersen-related:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
Didn't see it in real time, so don't know if it's been tampered with but hahahaha what the ****?

Old
01-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Bagge

Quote:
Andersen-related:

Didn't see it in real time, so don't know if it's been tampered with but hahahaha what the ****?
I read somewhere that the rules is different in NA and that would have been a penaltyshot if the referees had seen it. Whether that is true or not I dont know.

Old
01-14-2014, 02:13 AM
Bank

Some sign of life from Nicklas Jensen with two goals tonight for Utica

Old
01-14-2014, 12:22 PM
Jevo

Quote:
Some sign of life from Nicklas Jensen with two goals tonight for Utica
5 points in the last 3 games too. 4 goals and 1 assist. Hopefully a sign that things are going to turn around for him.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 02:45 AM
Bank

Well his 4 goals came against two of the worse teams in the league(Besides Utica) so it's baby step but it's steps.

In other news the Anaheim GM made a statement of Hiller not getting traded. So if Frederik Andersen's gonna get a promotiong through a trade it has to be Fasth.

Last edited by Bank: 01-15-2014 at 02:54 AM.
Old
01-15-2014, 05:43 AM
ImGoingNucks
The flying Orca

My god this is a strange hockey season..

Another A for Nielsen last night on a otherwise quiet Danish night.

Edit. Boedker also got an assist. That was his 8th point in just as many games.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 01-15-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Old
01-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Bank

CSS Midterms Rankings...

Ehlers #22 in NA skaters is ridiculous. Mathias Asperup #113, Mikkel Aagaard #114 in Europe skaters. Georg Sørensen #14 among Europe Goalies.

Mads Eller not being mentioned kinda eliminates what ever hope I had he'd be a 7th round overage pick.

Old
01-15-2014, 11:01 AM
ImGoingNucks
The flying Orca

Quote:
CSS Midterms Rankings...

Ehlers #22 in NA skaters is ridiculous. Mathias Asperup #113, Mikkel Aagaard #114 in Europe skaters. Georg Sørensen #14 among Europe Goalies.

Mads Eller not being mentioned kinda eliminates what ever hope I had he'd be a 7th round overage pick.
ISS and Button also have updated lists.

Ehlers is #20 overall on ISS and #8 overall on Buttons list.

The CSS rankings are horrible in so many ways. Ehlers at #22 in NA translates into a late 1st to ealy-mid 2nd. I heavily doubt he falls that far.

Remember Ehlers is playing at the BMO Top Prospects game tonight

Old
01-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Bank

So back to the Frederik Andersen situation. One of the possible takers for Fasth(Edmonton) made their move today and went with a Dubnyk for Scrivens-swap(Really don't get the Edmonton management but that's besides the point). So slightly smaller chance of a move in season.

The Kings essentially did what we Danes wait the Ducks to do: They had a rising (older) goaltender having prove him self and when he did, they made space for him and gained an asset that might be useful at the deadline. Looks like perfect asset management.

There's been some trade-rumbling surrounding Cam Ward in Carolina, so perhaps where a door closes a window opens.

Old
01-15-2014, 04:49 PM
oksun

FA probably in goal tonight http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads

oksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Bagge

Quote:
So back to the Frederik Andersen situation. One of the possible takers for Fasth(Edmonton) made their move today and went with a Dubnyk for Scrivens-swap(Really don't get the Edmonton management but that's besides the point). So slightly smaller chance of a move in season.

The Kings essentially did what we Danes wait the Ducks to do: They had a rising (older) goaltender having prove him self and when he did, they made space for him and gained an asset that might be useful at the deadline. Looks like perfect asset management.

There's been some trade-rumbling surrounding Cam Ward in Carolina, so perhaps where a door closes a window opens.
Trading Fasth? Who would want an injury prone that just had surgery less than a month ago?

Old
01-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagge View Post
Trading Fasth? Who would want an injury prone that just had surgery less than a month ago?
Obviously wasn't thinking he'd be gone tomorrow But they are hardly gonna pick up another goalie this season. That's one less open spot if time comes.

When he's ready I'd wouldn't mind him as a backup in Dallas Why wouldn't NHL teams with little to lose be interested in buying in low on Fasth? A surgery? He's put up three seasons playing 40+ games(Despite two of them in the SEL where they only play like 55 games. The third was the lockout season where he spent the year 50/50 with Hiller), and putting up pretty numbers all over the board. 25 games in the NHL year at 0,921 % and 2.18 are decent numbers even if a small sample size. He's 31 and perhaps only entering his prime. He's signed for another year so even if he's to spend some months recovering you'd get something for the small price you might end up paying.

Oh and his price might never be better. The surgery and the goalie situation in Anaheim will give hardly any leverage to Murray if he were to deal him.

I never thought it were very likely but it's not impossible to trade Viktor Fasth IMO At least not due to a surgery

Old
01-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Bank

Regin put on Frans Nielsens line with Josh Bailey tonight in Tampa Bay. Regin gotta catch some traction offensively sooner rather than later. Would be a nice chance to do so.

Old
01-17-2014, 07:04 AM
ImGoingNucks
The flying Orca

Quote:
Regin put on Frans Nielsens line with Josh Bailey tonight in Tampa Bay. Regin gotta catch some traction offensively sooner rather than later. Would be a nice chance to do so.
I think we can safely write Regin off, question is, is he willing to write himself off?
He seems like a player that just wont give up on his NHL dream.

I really just think he should move on. Had he been quicker of the mark, maybe he could have gotten some success in Europe and gained some confidence and made a return to the NHL A'la Zuccarello.

On another note.

Nielsen had an assist on the lone Islander goal, and also scored the only goal in the SO to seal the deal for NYI.

Otherwise a very quiet Danish night. Eller still not producing.....

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 01-17-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old
01-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Bagge

Quote:
I think we can safely write Regin off, question is, is he willing to write himself off?
He seems like a player that just wont give up on his NHL dream.

I really just think he should move on. Had he been quicker of the mark, maybe he could have gotten some success in Europe and gained some confidence and made a return to the NHL A'la Zuccarello.

On another note.

Nielsen had an assist on the lone Islander goal, and also scored the only goal in the SO to seal the deal for NYI.

Otherwise a very quiet Danish night. Eller still not producing.....
I agree about Regin. Furthermore to elaborate on Regin, I dont think he has been a failure of any kind. Injuries and other stuff has just prevented the success that his talent deserves. I'm with you on that he should return to Europe and get some confidence back into his game, but I can also understand why he wants to pursue his dream in NA. It might be his only chance...

Regarding Nielsen, I find it disturbing that he didnt even get 3rd star. If it was Crosby that had delivered that pass to Vanek and scored the decisive shootout he would have gotten 1st star, no doubt.