Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL 2013-14

Old
11-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
It seems that it's only Frans Nielsen that have the scoring going for the Danes currently.
NY Islanders lost yet again - this time 2-5 to Columbus, but Frans had 1 goal. Peter Regin was without points.
Mikkel Bødker no points, but scored in the shootout, where Phoenix won 4-3 over Washington.

Philip Larsen with massive 6 shots (playing PP), 22min of game time, got 1 assist and was +1 in Edmonton's 2-4 loss to Philadelphia. That is at least very positive for his chances in NHL.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 11:16 AM
admire
Ducks/Jets Fan

Nicklas Jensen got an assist when Utica won 3-2 over Lake Erie.....He showed sparks at the WC but still seems a long way from his dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
It seems that it's only Frans Nielsen that have the scoring going for the Danes currently.
NY Islanders lost yet again - this time 2-5 to Columbus, but Frans had 1 goal. Peter Regin was without points.
Mikkel Bødker no points, but scored in the shootout, where Phoenix won 4-3 over Washington.

Philip Larsen with massive 6 shots (playing PP), 22min of game time, got 1 assist and was +1 in Edmonton's 2-4 loss to Philadelphia. That is at least very positive for his chances in NHL.
Holy sh......That is just awesome. Holy hell Edmonton are bad btw. Losing to Philly is almost an achievement at this point. But really nice for Phillip. Edmonton at least makes sure that we have him for the WC.
Hope phillip stayed a safe distance away from Amery. Can't be too careful.

admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Bank

It's great days for Philip Larsen. It's gonna be exciting to see where's placed when Justin Schultz comes back. As Bagge noted a lot(5 min) of his time is PP-time. Schultz gonna cut that number down. And last game Belov got a match penalty so most of the third period they were at 5 d-men. So it's hard to get a hold of where he's intended to be on depth chart

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 04:57 AM
tokr

vCash: 452
Another first?
It happened 2 times during the game. Great game by Eller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2013-11-11-11h52m15s53.jpg‎ (55.9 KB, 16 views)

tokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:50 AM
dklap3

^^ Had the exact same thought when watching it last night.

dklap3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:51 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokr View Post
Another first?
It happened 2 times during the game. Great game by Eller.
Noticed that to. Really great to have 3 Danes out on ice in a special teams situation. Overall great to have the EGG-line from the first games back. Those three can turn on the jets when they want.

Oh and if anybody wants to study the case of Philip Larsen look no further than the highlights of the Chicago-Edmonton game. 3 assists and a 3rd star on the stat sheet. One of them is quite pretty but looking at the highlights you'll see he's also a -3 for the game with some questionable defense on some of the goals against he's on ice for. I guess the positive note is that his offence is looking a lot better this year.

Old
11-11-2013, 07:22 AM
admire
Ducks/Jets Fan

Really an amazing nhl night, seen with danish eyes...
Something has to happen soon in anaheim fasth is back from injury, hiller has flu symptoms but that will soon pass of course. 1 1/2-2 weeks sgo i read a post on the ducks board that andersen would end up being send down at some point but there is no way that's happening at this point . Fredfy ranks in the top of the stat boards but there is no way he is going anywhere despite it being a small sample size.

Great nights from both eller and larsen. Jannik hansen is out injured at the moment but that is the only bad news

Btw. Is freddy a volbeat fan? Noticed that they play volbeats "Warrior" (Mikkel kesslers entrance music) when he plays ..i don't follow music so don't know if volbeat have become popular in the us but seems like too much of a coincidence.

Do people think that frans nielsen can continue his form?

Last edited by admire: 11-11-2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: forgot something
admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Bank

Frederik Andersen named second star of the week in the NHL. First star was another young goalie Robin Lehner

Old
11-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Bagge

Quote:
Originally Posted by admire View Post
Btw. Is freddy a volbeat fan? Noticed that they play volbeats "Warrior" (Mikkel kesslers entrance music) when he plays ..i don't follow music so don't know if volbeat have become popular in the us but seems like too much of a coincidence.

Do people think that frans nielsen can continue his form?
Volbeat is quite popular in US of A at the moment and the interest and fame is growing fast. They just finished a tour over there this summer. They play "A Warrior's Call" in half the arenas at the games also in NFL, NBA etc. I noticed they have played it at least the last two years in Phoenix, so I guess it also has something to do with a dane being present at the local team.

In regards to Franzie I'd say it depends whether Capuano is going to **** up the lines more times. If it werent for the time on 1. PP line his production would have stopped abruptedly with the many linechanges that has been made. As long as he is there I cant see why it should stop as it is the only thing that makes any goals for them at the moment. When Capuano realises that Bouchard, Okposo and Clutterbuck doesnt belong on 2nd line and it should be Bailey - Nielsen - Grabner they should get back in form. IMO

Bagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagge View Post

In regards to Franzie I'd say it depends whether Capuano is going to **** up the lines more times. If it werent for the time on 1. PP line his production would have stopped abruptedly with the many linechanges that has been made. As long as he is there I cant see why it should stop as it is the only thing that makes any goals for them at the moment. When Capuano realises that Bouchard, Okposo and Clutterbuck doesnt belong on 2nd line and it should be Bailey - Nielsen - Grabner they should get back in form. IMO
I'm curious by these three names. I know points isn't all and I haven't seen the Islanders a whole lot this year so could you explain how Okposo is a) not a top 6 player on the Islanders b) put in the same box as Bouchard and Clutterbuck?

The stats says he's the teams topscorer in EV points, leads the team in +/- , is one the 15 most scoring healthy players(Stamkos-reference) in the league, PPG+ and 2nd most TOI amongst Islanders forwards. Looks good in the Shots For/Against stat(Better than Tavares, Vanek, Nelson, Frans, Bailey actually). This would lead me to believe that he's right where he should be. I guessing the eye test shows something stats doesn't. But could you put words to what it is?

EDIT: You-know-who has been send on a conditioning stint in Norfolk(AHL). He's back!

Last edited by Bank: 11-11-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old
11-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
You-know-who has been send on a conditioning stint in Norfolk(AHL). He's back!
Fantastic for Frederik Andersen's chances to get some more matches, that they have send Viktor Fasth down to AHL at least until he has shown himself ready after the injury.

Otherwise it was good to see Lars Eller back in production after a real heavy slump. It seems it flows when he plays with Gallagher and Galchenyuk, so hopefully the coach will keep them together.

Old
11-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Bagge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
I'm curious by these three names. I know points isn't all and I haven't seen the Islanders a whole lot this year so could you explain how Okposo is a) not a top 6 player on the Islanders b) put in the same box as Bouchard and Clutterbuck?

The stats says he's the teams topscorer in EV points, leads the team in +/- , is one the 15 most scoring healthy players(Stamkos-reference) in the league, PPG+ and 2nd most TOI amongst Islanders forwards. Looks good in the Shots For/Against stat(Better than Tavares, Vanek, Nelson, Frans, Bailey actually). This would lead me to believe that he's right where he should be. I guessing the eye test shows something stats doesn't. But could you put words to what it is?

EDIT: You-know-who has been send on a conditioning stint in Norfolk(AHL). He's back!
Are you talking about Voldemort?

a) Back to Franzie I assume you're mainly talking about Okposo. I didnt say he wasnt top 6 material, in fact I think he fits better with Tavares and Moulson, because he is the forward that takes the battles in the corners and on the boards and for that is a perfect match for Tavares. (I havent made an opinion about Vanek yet). In regards to the 2nd line, I think it was obvious that Grabner - Nielsen - Bailey had something going in the beginning of the season. They had a special chemistry, especially Bailey - Nielsen. Furthermore, the games he played in 2nd line he was NOT that good in all the stats you are referring to, in fact he was the "good" old Okposo. He needs to be in line with Tavares as they compliment each other perfectly.

b) I am not putting Okposo in the same box as Clutterbuck and Bouchard, but you cant ignore the fact that all three have been used on the 2nd line for whatever reason there might be (injuries, get people going etc.) and in that regard somewhat destroying what the original line had going.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Bank

Quote:
Are you talking about Voldemort?

a) Back to Franzie I assume you're mainly talking about Okposo. I didnt say he wasnt top 6 material, in fact I think he fits better with Tavares and Moulson, because he is the forward that takes the battles in the corners and on the boards and for that is a perfect match for Tavares. (I havent made an opinion about Vanek yet). In regards to the 2nd line, I think it was obvious that Grabner - Nielsen - Bailey had something going in the beginning of the season. They had a special chemistry, especially Bailey - Nielsen. Furthermore, the games he played in 2nd line he was NOT that good in all the stats you are referring to, in fact he was the "good" old Okposo. He needs to be in line with Tavares as they compliment each other perfectly.

b) I am not putting Okposo in the same box as Clutterbuck and Bouchard, but you cant ignore the fact that all three have been used on the 2nd line for whatever reason there might be (injuries, get people going etc.) and in that regard somewhat destroying what the original line had going.
Great. Someone caught reference

Aaaah makes much more sence. Thought you were arguing demotion for all three. My bad.

Old
11-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Bagge

Can anyony explain how the rules to pick players for the NHL all star teams are? Looking at the points board Nielsen is doing awesome at the moment which made me think a bit. Stamkos is out long term, which leaves Crosby, Tavares for the first two center spots on the eastern conference team. Do Nielsen have a shot as third center?

Old
11-13-2013, 03:13 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Hello guys,

Just wanted to say I am back and a satisfactory solution was found for both parties

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 03:26 AM
maroon 6
Live and let live

vCash: 50
Quote:
Can anyony explain how the rules to pick players for the NHL all star teams are? Looking at the points board Nielsen is doing awesome at the moment which made me think a bit. Stamkos is out long term, which leaves Crosby, Tavares for the first two center spots on the eastern conference team. Do Nielsen have a shot as third center?
No all-star game this year and even if there was Nielsen would have no chance.

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 03:32 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon 6 View Post
No all-star game this year and even if there was Nielsen would have no chance.

Care to explain why you say this?

Not a lot of C's in the east are outplaying Nielsen atm.
So I don't see any basis in that statement.

Old
11-13-2013, 04:13 AM
Valdemar
Danish junior hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Hello guys,

Just wanted to say I am back and a satisfactory solution was found for both parties
I'm glad to hear.

Welcome back!

Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 06:03 AM
maroon 6
Live and let live

Quote:
Care to explain why you say this?

Not a lot of C's in the east are outplaying Nielsen atm.
So I don't see any basis in that statement.
The All-Star game is more of a popularity thing. Nielsen is playing good right now but guys like Malkin, Datsyuk, Staal, Crosby, Tavares, Giroux, Speezza and maybe more will make it over him.

Old
11-13-2013, 06:05 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
The All-Star game is more of a popularity thing. Nielsen is playing good right now but guys like Malkin, Datsyuk, Staal, Crosby, Tavares, Giroux, Speezza and maybe more will make it over him.
I get that Based on that, then no, NO Dane will ever make the all star team.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 11-13-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old
11-13-2013, 06:16 AM
maroon 6
Live and let live

Quote:
I get that Based on that, then no, NO Dane will ever make the all star team.
It's not because he's from Denmark, it's just that he doesn't have any prior seasons of putting up numbers like he has been doing this season.

We love our Danes here in Vancouver haha. I don't know a single Canucks fan who dislikes Jannik Hansen.

Old
11-13-2013, 06:31 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
It's not because he's from Denmark, it's just that he doesn't have any prior seasons of putting up numbers like he has been doing this season.

We love our Danes here in Vancouver haha. I don't know a single Canucks fan who dislikes Jannik Hansen.
That's true, but the past should not predict the now.. But that is a different discussion.

Yeah Hansen is loved, however I get the feeling we wont be seeing much of Jensen in Vancouver.

Also, imo the all star teams are mostly about names, I have seen players with more than 1 good season being passed over many times for a big name player.

Didn't Norwegian ex- star Espen Knutsen get nominated for the All star team in 00/01? Just curious, as I seem to remember that.

Old
11-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Hello guys,

Welcome back and good that things were solved!

About last nights NHL games.
Frans Nielsen with 2 assist and finally an NY Islander victory (3-1 over Nashville). Regin no points.
Mikkel Bødker scored when Phoenix won 3-2 in OT over St Louis.
Lars Eller has no points when Montreal lost 1-2 to Tampa Bay.

Frederik Andersen lost his first match when Anaheim went down 3-2 to Florida. He "only" had 22 saves out of 25 this time, 88% saves.

Last edited by Justinov: 11-13-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old
11-13-2013, 10:57 AM
andersej

Quote:

Didn't Norwegian ex- star Espen Knutsen get nominated for the All star team in 00/01? Just curious, as I seem to remember that.
Back then, I believe all teams had to have at least one player in the all-star game. I liked Shampoo's game, but I think it's fair to say that had he not played for the star-starved Columbus Blue Jackets, he probably would not have been selected for the all-star game. The biggest example of this rule, which no longer exists, is quite possibly Atlanta's Petr Buzek, who was an all-star in 99-00.

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:40 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post
Back then, I believe all teams had to have at least one player in the all-star game. I liked Shampoo's game, but I think it's fair to say that had he not played for the star-starved Columbus Blue Jackets, he probably would not have been selected for the all-star game. The biggest example of this rule, which no longer exists, is quite possibly Atlanta's Petr Buzek, who was an all-star in 99-00.
That is correct, I had completely forgotten that

But I did not mean to suggest, that because he was nominated. Franzie should be.. I was merely curious to se if I had remembered correctly