HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL 2013-14

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2013, 09:53 AM
  #176
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
It seems that it's only Frans Nielsen that have the scoring going for the Danes currently.
NY Islanders lost yet again - this time 2-5 to Columbus, but Frans had 1 goal. Peter Regin was without points.
Mikkel Bødker no points, but scored in the shootout, where Phoenix won 4-3 over Washington.

Philip Larsen with massive 6 shots (playing PP), 22min of game time, got 1 assist and was +1 in Edmonton's 2-4 loss to Philadelphia. That is at least very positive for his chances in NHL.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 11:16 AM
  #177
admire
Ducks/Jets Fan
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,325
vCash: 500
Nicklas Jensen got an assist when Utica won 3-2 over Lake Erie.....He showed sparks at the WC but still seems a long way from his dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
It seems that it's only Frans Nielsen that have the scoring going for the Danes currently.
NY Islanders lost yet again - this time 2-5 to Columbus, but Frans had 1 goal. Peter Regin was without points.
Mikkel Bødker no points, but scored in the shootout, where Phoenix won 4-3 over Washington.

Philip Larsen with massive 6 shots (playing PP), 22min of game time, got 1 assist and was +1 in Edmonton's 2-4 loss to Philadelphia. That is at least very positive for his chances in NHL.
Holy sh......That is just awesome. Holy hell Edmonton are bad btw. Losing to Philly is almost an achievement at this point. But really nice for Phillip. Edmonton at least makes sure that we have him for the WC.
Hope phillip stayed a safe distance away from Amery. Can't be too careful.

admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 06:20 PM
  #178
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
It's great days for Philip Larsen. It's gonna be exciting to see where's placed when Justin Schultz comes back. As Bagge noted a lot(5 min) of his time is PP-time. Schultz gonna cut that number down. And last game Belov got a match penalty so most of the third period they were at 5 d-men. So it's hard to get a hold of where he's intended to be on depth chart

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 04:57 AM
  #179
tokr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Denmark
Posts: 46
vCash: 452
Another first?
It happened 2 times during the game. Great game by Eller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2013-11-11-11h52m15s53.jpg‎ (55.9 KB, 16 views)

tokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:50 AM
  #180
dklap3
Registered User
 
dklap3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Herning, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
^^ Had the exact same thought when watching it last night.

dklap3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:51 AM
  #181
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokr View Post
Another first?
It happened 2 times during the game. Great game by Eller.
Noticed that to. Really great to have 3 Danes out on ice in a special teams situation. Overall great to have the EGG-line from the first games back. Those three can turn on the jets when they want.

Oh and if anybody wants to study the case of Philip Larsen look no further than the highlights of the Chicago-Edmonton game. 3 assists and a 3rd star on the stat sheet. One of them is quite pretty but looking at the highlights you'll see he's also a -3 for the game with some questionable defense on some of the goals against he's on ice for. I guess the positive note is that his offence is looking a lot better this year.

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:22 AM
  #182
admire
Ducks/Jets Fan
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,325
vCash: 500
Really an amazing nhl night, seen with danish eyes...
Something has to happen soon in anaheim fasth is back from injury, hiller has flu symptoms but that will soon pass of course. 1 1/2-2 weeks sgo i read a post on the ducks board that andersen would end up being send down at some point but there is no way that's happening at this point . Fredfy ranks in the top of the stat boards but there is no way he is going anywhere despite it being a small sample size.

Great nights from both eller and larsen. Jannik hansen is out injured at the moment but that is the only bad news

Btw. Is freddy a volbeat fan? Noticed that they play volbeats "Warrior" (Mikkel kesslers entrance music) when he plays ..i don't follow music so don't know if volbeat have become popular in the us but seems like too much of a coincidence.

Do people think that frans nielsen can continue his form?


Last edited by admire: 11-11-2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: forgot something
admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 11:54 AM
  #183
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
Frederik Andersen named second star of the week in the NHL. First star was another young goalie Robin Lehner

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 03:05 PM
  #184
Bagge
Registered User
 
Bagge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by admire View Post
Btw. Is freddy a volbeat fan? Noticed that they play volbeats "Warrior" (Mikkel kesslers entrance music) when he plays ..i don't follow music so don't know if volbeat have become popular in the us but seems like too much of a coincidence.

Do people think that frans nielsen can continue his form?
Volbeat is quite popular in US of A at the moment and the interest and fame is growing fast. They just finished a tour over there this summer. They play "A Warrior's Call" in half the arenas at the games also in NFL, NBA etc. I noticed they have played it at least the last two years in Phoenix, so I guess it also has something to do with a dane being present at the local team.

In regards to Franzie I'd say it depends whether Capuano is going to **** up the lines more times. If it werent for the time on 1. PP line his production would have stopped abruptedly with the many linechanges that has been made. As long as he is there I cant see why it should stop as it is the only thing that makes any goals for them at the moment. When Capuano realises that Bouchard, Okposo and Clutterbuck doesnt belong on 2nd line and it should be Bailey - Nielsen - Grabner they should get back in form. IMO

Bagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 04:17 PM
  #185
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagge View Post

In regards to Franzie I'd say it depends whether Capuano is going to **** up the lines more times. If it werent for the time on 1. PP line his production would have stopped abruptedly with the many linechanges that has been made. As long as he is there I cant see why it should stop as it is the only thing that makes any goals for them at the moment. When Capuano realises that Bouchard, Okposo and Clutterbuck doesnt belong on 2nd line and it should be Bailey - Nielsen - Grabner they should get back in form. IMO
I'm curious by these three names. I know points isn't all and I haven't seen the Islanders a whole lot this year so could you explain how Okposo is a) not a top 6 player on the Islanders b) put in the same box as Bouchard and Clutterbuck?

The stats says he's the teams topscorer in EV points, leads the team in +/- , is one the 15 most scoring healthy players(Stamkos-reference) in the league, PPG+ and 2nd most TOI amongst Islanders forwards. Looks good in the Shots For/Against stat(Better than Tavares, Vanek, Nelson, Frans, Bailey actually). This would lead me to believe that he's right where he should be. I guessing the eye test shows something stats doesn't. But could you put words to what it is?

EDIT: You-know-who has been send on a conditioning stint in Norfolk(AHL). He's back!


Last edited by Bank: 11-11-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:54 AM
  #186
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
You-know-who has been send on a conditioning stint in Norfolk(AHL). He's back!
Fantastic for Frederik Andersen's chances to get some more matches, that they have send Viktor Fasth down to AHL at least until he has shown himself ready after the injury.

Otherwise it was good to see Lars Eller back in production after a real heavy slump. It seems it flows when he plays with Gallagher and Galchenyuk, so hopefully the coach will keep them together.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:27 PM
  #187
Bagge
Registered User
 
Bagge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
I'm curious by these three names. I know points isn't all and I haven't seen the Islanders a whole lot this year so could you explain how Okposo is a) not a top 6 player on the Islanders b) put in the same box as Bouchard and Clutterbuck?

The stats says he's the teams topscorer in EV points, leads the team in +/- , is one the 15 most scoring healthy players(Stamkos-reference) in the league, PPG+ and 2nd most TOI amongst Islanders forwards. Looks good in the Shots For/Against stat(Better than Tavares, Vanek, Nelson, Frans, Bailey actually). This would lead me to believe that he's right where he should be. I guessing the eye test shows something stats doesn't. But could you put words to what it is?

EDIT: You-know-who has been send on a conditioning stint in Norfolk(AHL). He's back!
Are you talking about Voldemort?

a) Back to Franzie I assume you're mainly talking about Okposo. I didnt say he wasnt top 6 material, in fact I think he fits better with Tavares and Moulson, because he is the forward that takes the battles in the corners and on the boards and for that is a perfect match for Tavares. (I havent made an opinion about Vanek yet). In regards to the 2nd line, I think it was obvious that Grabner - Nielsen - Bailey had something going in the beginning of the season. They had a special chemistry, especially Bailey - Nielsen. Furthermore, the games he played in 2nd line he was NOT that good in all the stats you are referring to, in fact he was the "good" old Okposo. He needs to be in line with Tavares as they compliment each other perfectly.

b) I am not putting Okposo in the same box as Clutterbuck and Bouchard, but you cant ignore the fact that all three have been used on the 2nd line for whatever reason there might be (injuries, get people going etc.) and in that regard somewhat destroying what the original line had going.

Bagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 03:10 PM
  #188
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagge View Post
Are you talking about Voldemort?

a) Back to Franzie I assume you're mainly talking about Okposo. I didnt say he wasnt top 6 material, in fact I think he fits better with Tavares and Moulson, because he is the forward that takes the battles in the corners and on the boards and for that is a perfect match for Tavares. (I havent made an opinion about Vanek yet). In regards to the 2nd line, I think it was obvious that Grabner - Nielsen - Bailey had something going in the beginning of the season. They had a special chemistry, especially Bailey - Nielsen. Furthermore, the games he played in 2nd line he was NOT that good in all the stats you are referring to, in fact he was the "good" old Okposo. He needs to be in line with Tavares as they compliment each other perfectly.

b) I am not putting Okposo in the same box as Clutterbuck and Bouchard, but you cant ignore the fact that all three have been used on the 2nd line for whatever reason there might be (injuries, get people going etc.) and in that regard somewhat destroying what the original line had going.
Great. Someone caught reference

Aaaah makes much more sence. Thought you were arguing demotion for all three. My bad.

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:23 AM
  #189
Bagge
Registered User
 
Bagge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Can anyony explain how the rules to pick players for the NHL all star teams are? Looking at the points board Nielsen is doing awesome at the moment which made me think a bit. Stamkos is out long term, which leaves Crosby, Tavares for the first two center spots on the eastern conference team. Do Nielsen have a shot as third center?

Bagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 03:13 AM
  #190
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Hello guys,

Just wanted to say I am back and a satisfactory solution was found for both parties

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 03:26 AM
  #191
maroon 6
Live and let live
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagge View Post
Can anyony explain how the rules to pick players for the NHL all star teams are? Looking at the points board Nielsen is doing awesome at the moment which made me think a bit. Stamkos is out long term, which leaves Crosby, Tavares for the first two center spots on the eastern conference team. Do Nielsen have a shot as third center?
No all-star game this year and even if there was Nielsen would have no chance.

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 03:32 AM
  #192
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon 6 View Post
No all-star game this year and even if there was Nielsen would have no chance.

Care to explain why you say this?

Not a lot of C's in the east are outplaying Nielsen atm.
So I don't see any basis in that statement.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:13 AM
  #193
Valdemar
Danish junior hockey
 
Valdemar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sevilla, Spain
Country: Denmark
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Hello guys,

Just wanted to say I am back and a satisfactory solution was found for both parties
I'm glad to hear.

Welcome back!

Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 06:03 AM
  #194
maroon 6
Live and let live
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Care to explain why you say this?

Not a lot of C's in the east are outplaying Nielsen atm.
So I don't see any basis in that statement.
The All-Star game is more of a popularity thing. Nielsen is playing good right now but guys like Malkin, Datsyuk, Staal, Crosby, Tavares, Giroux, Speezza and maybe more will make it over him.

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 06:05 AM
  #195
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon 6 View Post
The All-Star game is more of a popularity thing. Nielsen is playing good right now but guys like Malkin, Datsyuk, Staal, Crosby, Tavares, Giroux, Speezza and maybe more will make it over him.
I get that Based on that, then no, NO Dane will ever make the all star team.


Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 11-13-2013 at 06:26 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 06:16 AM
  #196
maroon 6
Live and let live
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
I get that Based on that, then no, NO Dane will ever make the all star team.
It's not because he's from Denmark, it's just that he doesn't have any prior seasons of putting up numbers like he has been doing this season.

We love our Danes here in Vancouver haha. I don't know a single Canucks fan who dislikes Jannik Hansen.

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 06:31 AM
  #197
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon 6 View Post
It's not because he's from Denmark, it's just that he doesn't have any prior seasons of putting up numbers like he has been doing this season.

We love our Danes here in Vancouver haha. I don't know a single Canucks fan who dislikes Jannik Hansen.
That's true, but the past should not predict the now.. But that is a different discussion.

Yeah Hansen is loved, however I get the feeling we wont be seeing much of Jensen in Vancouver.

Also, imo the all star teams are mostly about names, I have seen players with more than 1 good season being passed over many times for a big name player.

Didn't Norwegian ex- star Espen Knutsen get nominated for the All star team in 00/01? Just curious, as I seem to remember that.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:19 AM
  #198
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Hello guys,

Just wanted to say I am back and a satisfactory solution was found for both parties
Welcome back and good that things were solved!

About last nights NHL games.
Frans Nielsen with 2 assist and finally an NY Islander victory (3-1 over Nashville). Regin no points.
Mikkel Bødker scored when Phoenix won 3-2 in OT over St Louis.
Lars Eller has no points when Montreal lost 1-2 to Tampa Bay.

Frederik Andersen lost his first match when Anaheim went down 3-2 to Florida. He "only" had 22 saves out of 25 this time, 88% saves.


Last edited by Justinov: 11-13-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:57 AM
  #199
andersej
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post

Didn't Norwegian ex- star Espen Knutsen get nominated for the All star team in 00/01? Just curious, as I seem to remember that.
Back then, I believe all teams had to have at least one player in the all-star game. I liked Shampoo's game, but I think it's fair to say that had he not played for the star-starved Columbus Blue Jackets, he probably would not have been selected for the all-star game. The biggest example of this rule, which no longer exists, is quite possibly Atlanta's Petr Buzek, who was an all-star in 99-00.

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 11:40 AM
  #200
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post
Back then, I believe all teams had to have at least one player in the all-star game. I liked Shampoo's game, but I think it's fair to say that had he not played for the star-starved Columbus Blue Jackets, he probably would not have been selected for the all-star game. The biggest example of this rule, which no longer exists, is quite possibly Atlanta's Petr Buzek, who was an all-star in 99-00.
That is correct, I had completely forgotten that

But I did not mean to suggest, that because he was nominated. Franzie should be.. I was merely curious to se if I had remembered correctly

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.