Danish League 2013-14

Old
11-02-2013, 04:42 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
So it's a new day so Herlev can beat Rødovre again....
Apparently they have to delay the match because of bad ice (Copenhagen clubs have no money), but Herlev leads with 3-0.
Since they probably only have 1 ice machine and if it's broken.......what then?!

That must bring Kanaet on 4G 2A this season.....
Any update ? Will game be continued or played some other day ?

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 05:31 PM
PietB
Random User

Little update on the Dau incident: Accordning to SønderjyskEs homepage, he suffered a broken nose.

PietB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 06:29 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Any update ? Will game be continued or played some other day ?
Apparently they had to stop the match because of a serious hole in the ice, where you could see all the way down to the concrete.
So the match was stopped and it would likely be re-continued another day with the score 3-0 to Herlev and going into third period.

So Kanaet's production will seem to stand....

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 06:37 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by PietB View Post
Sad day for Søren Dau. His 100th game in the league was cut short, when Rungsteds Marcus Nielsen decided to take him out with a nasty, reckless open ice hit to the head only 7 minutes into the game. Nielsen had to leave the game for this hit, leaving his team with a 5 minute major penalty. After the bar for such hits was set with Walters suspension, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nielsen suspended for a few games.

After a lot of pressure on Hirsch in the first 2 minutes of the 1st period, the rest of the period was pretty much of a snoozer with Sønderjyske being quite underwhelming, putting up 9 shots and no goals despite playing more than half of the period on the power play.

Cory Quirk was flying again tonight, had lots of shots and scored both goals of the game. Opposite to him, except 2 shots late in the 3rd period, Thomas Spelling was pretty invisible all night.

Both goalies were pretty solid, Peter Hirsch had some pretty nice saves early in the game. Thomas Lillie stopped all shots he faced, but wasn't really tested after all.
Thanks for your match report
Here is my short report of the three matches played.
Very low scoring round for being the danish league.

So SønderjydskE - Rungsted: 2-0 [shots 28-16. Lilie's first shootout by the way. SønderjydskE owns the point production in the Danish league, though Hirsch having a super match stopped a blow out]

Esbjerg - Odense: 1-2 [shots 34-36, Odense got payback for the defeat last time - both teams with good goaltending].

Herlev - Rødovre: "3-0" [called off after 2 periods because of bad ice].

Old
11-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Bank

Quote:
Thanks for your match report
Here is my short report of the three matches played.
Very low scoring round for being the danish league.

So SønderjydskE - Rungsted: 2-0 [shots 28-16. Lilie's first shootout by the way. SønderjydskE owns the point production in the Danish league, though Hirsch having a super match stopped a blow out]

Esbjerg - Odense: 1-2 [shots 34-36, Odense got payback for the defeat last time - both teams with good goaltending].

Herlev - Rødovre: "3-0" [called off after 2 periods because of bad ice].
Saw a picture on facebook with some burned ice... Did Herlev - Rødovre get called of because someone threw fireworks on the ice? I know some Herlev fans had some pyro in Rødovre on friday.

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 10:12 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Apparently they had to stop the match because of a serious hole in the ice, where you could see all the way down to the concrete.
So the match was stopped and it would likely be re-continued another day with the score 3-0 to Herlev and going into third period.

So Kanaet's production will seem to stand....
Thanks !

And one more question. Where I can find +/- stats for Danish league ? I see there is no plus-minus stats on eliteprospects.

Old
11-03-2013, 12:41 PM
PietB
Random User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Thanks !

And one more question. Where I can find +/- stats for Danish league ? I see there is no plus-minus stats on eliteprospects.
This is a good question. I always thought it was listed in the stats on the leagues homepage, but it isn't.

Only way to find those out seems to be counting goals for and against from the match protocols, which you can find here:

hockeyligaen.dk > turneringsplan > 2013-2014 > hockeyligaen, grundspil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Saw a picture on facebook with some burned ice... Did Herlev - Rødovre get called of because someone threw fireworks on the ice? I know some Herlev fans had some pyro in Rødovre on friday.
I don't know if I'm totally sold on the firework burnt ice theory... Usually, the ice would just melt without any marks or something - plus people would have seen it and probably posted about it somewhere.

Maybe some of the electrical stuff underneath the surface overheated and burnt/melted the surface below the ice and eventually the ice? But then again, I've got no more info than that picture you talked about after all.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Justinov

Quote:
I don't know if I'm totally sold on the firework burnt ice theory... Usually, the ice would just melt without any marks or something - plus people would have seen it and probably posted about it somewhere.

Maybe some of the electrical stuff underneath the surface overheated and burnt/melted the surface below the ice and eventually the ice? But then again, I've got no more info than that picture you talked about after all.
Sounds like a reasonable explanation - if it was fireworks causing a hole in the ice wouldn't we have heard more about it in the press??

Old
11-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Bank

Quote:
This is a good question. I always thought it was listed in the stats on the leagues homepage, but it isn't.

Only way to find those out seems to be counting goals for and against from the match protocols, which you can find here:

hockeyligaen.dk > turneringsplan > 2013-2014 > hockeyligaen, grundspil

Sounds much more reasonable. My technical know how did go any further than fireworks

Old
11-04-2013, 07:10 AM
PietB
Random User

Herlev kommune released a statement about the issues, basically saying that nothing seems to be wrong...

http://herleveagles.dk/index.php/nyh...i-skojtehallen

Old
11-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Bank

Game will played to an end at TBD date.

http://www.herleveagles.dk/index.php...e-mighty-bulls

Old
11-05-2013, 03:49 PM
PietB
Random User

Herning has announced that they have released RW Antti Pusa from his contract after a total of 12 games. What a nice 2 days early birthday present for him...

Old
11-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Herning has announced that they have released RW Antti Pusa from his contract after a total of 12 games. What a nice 2 days early birthday present for him...
and Bjarke Møller is still without a job after being fired from Aalborg. Going from being a NT player for the WC last year to get fired from your club you played in all your career because of a concussion.
One have to say that you can't accuse the Danish clubs of playing it nice lately (I have no news whether he will join Herning or not).
Other note Michael Madsen is pulled back from retirement to play for SønderjydskE, just as Thomas Lillie got his first shotout.....so what is the plan?

Old
11-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Bank

Quote:
Does anyone know if he injured? And will he be played the remainder of his contract? I remember when Rødovre reacted to Ryan Crane got injured by releasing him and hiring some one else. Thought about it back than and didn't get it confirmed but if they do indeed release the players - injured - without paying them the remainder of the contract. That's disgraceful.

Old
11-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Does anyone know if he injured? And will he be played the remainder of his contract? I remember when Rødovre reacted to Ryan Crane got injured by releasing him and hiring some one else. Thought about it back than and didn't get it confirmed but if they do indeed release the players - injured - without paying them the remainder of the contract. That's disgraceful.
If this is a trend that is starting in the Danish clubs it's definitely a disgrace. The Bjarke Møller case is just very obvious because he was a NT player and then suddenly fired; but there might be many other players where the "official reason" is different than the real "we don't want to pay injured players salaries" or like Ryan Crane it gets less press.
In a contact sport like hockey having no job security when injured is pretty much unacceptable
We need some journalists to really dig up and expose this......

Old
11-07-2013, 11:25 AM
PietB
Random User

Quote:
and Bjarke Møller is still without a job after being fired from Aalborg. Going from being a NT player for the WC last year to get fired from your club you played in all your career because of a concussion.
One have to say that you can't accuse the Danish clubs of playing it nice lately (I have no news whether he will join Herning or not).
Other note Michael Madsen is pulled back from retirement to play for SønderjydskE, just as Thomas Lillie got his first shotout.....so what is the plan?
As far as I heard, the plan with Madsen is to give the team some extra support on goal with the Continental Cup coming to Vojens... There's gonna be a load of games in a short span of time for SønderjyskE. Going forward it seems to remain a split between Alfie and Lillie. I wonder what SønderjyskE will be doing once Michaud retires...

Old
11-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Bank

Quote:
If this is a trend that is starting in the Danish clubs it's definitely a disgrace. The Bjarke Møller case is just very obvious because he was a NT player and then suddenly fired; but there might be many other players where the "official reason" is different than the real "we don't want to pay injured players salaries" or like Ryan Crane it gets less press.
In a contact sport like hockey having no job security when injured is pretty much unacceptable
We need some journalists to really dig up and expose this......
You'd think that players would be entitled to the remainder of the contract sum? That's way I don't want to say anything conclusive. Somebody with knowledge will have to educate me on the topic

Old
11-10-2013, 04:50 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Game will played to an end at TBD date.

http://www.herleveagles.dk/index.php...e-mighty-bulls
Date is 22.12.

Old
11-12-2013, 12:40 PM
PietB
Random User

Lots of bad blood in the Sønderjyske - Frederikshavn game already. One Frederikshavn player got a match penalty already, a couple roughing minors in the last seconds of the 1st as well - and Sønderjyske trainer Dan Ceman storming to the White Hawks bench after the period in order to exchange a few probably not-so-nice words.

Unfortunately, I wasn't in town in order to get one of the free tickets, so I'm watching TV3's stream only. Anybody else interested, here's a link:

http://www.tv3sport.dk/live/7117

Old
11-12-2013, 02:06 PM
PietB
Random User

Frederikshavn is down 5-2 and decides to go headhunting. Another match penalty, this time to White Hawsk Ytterell for a nasty hit. Overmark with 5 + game misconduct for stepping up for his team mate.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Bank

Aalborg had a good 10-15 minutes where they moved the puck around the big Bulldogs. Then Odense got the play slowed down and hustled their way to a 2-1 win. The 1-0-goal was perhaps a no goal. Nobody could see the puck under Akerlund and the refs called a goal.

Great game from Mathias Thinnesen, Simon Grønvaldt, Steffen Klarskov, Lasse Uusivirta and Rasmus Ericsson.

Can't understand why Aalborg don't have more points. Lots of good players. Some of them just aren't on the same page. Odense has a team with a solid concept. They just need to get things slowed down so they can get their man-to-man battles all over the ice.

Oh and Rodovre is last again

Old
11-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Justinov

Here is the scores of last nights games:

SønderjydskE - Frederikshavn: 6-3 [yeah it must have been intense with 1*5 min & 1*20 min for SønderjydskE and 1*5 min & 2*25 min for Frederikshavn, Shots 31-29]

Rødovre - Rungsted: 3-4 [Rungsted upsets Rødovre again! Shots 28-20]

Odense - Aalborg: 2-1 [Shots 31-17, Aalborg on a real losing trend after their good start]

Esbjerg - Herning: 1-2 [OT win, Shots 25-40, Herning only team keeping up with SønderjydskE]

Old
11-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Justinov

Last nights Danish matches:

Herlev - Aalborg: 1-2 [Very important win for Aalborg that stopped their losing streak and getting away from the bottom. Shots 34-28]

Frederikshavn - Esbjerg: 1-4 [Shots 34-22, so great win for Esbjerg when being fairly outshot].

Herning - Rødovre: 1-2 [The syndrome continues. Herning have real trouble with Rødovre. So when Rødovre can't beat Rungsted, they have to settle on points against Herning. Shots: 29-30 - also even in shots.]

Rungsted - Odense: 4-8 [Shots 15-43. Amazing that Rungsted's forwards actually scored quite a lot of goals in many matches on fairly few chances, but their defense is like Swiss cheese]

Old
11-16-2013, 08:53 PM
PietB
Random User

Quote:
Last nights Danish matches:

Herlev - Aalborg: 1-2 [Very important win for Aalborg that stopped their losing streak and getting away from the bottom. Shots 34-28]

Frederikshavn - Esbjerg: 1-4 [Shots 34-22, so great win for Esbjerg when being fairly outshot].

Herning - Rødovre: 1-2 [The syndrome continues. Herning have real trouble with Rødovre. So when Rødovre can't beat Rungsted, they have to settle on points against Herning. Shots: 29-30 - also even in shots.]

Rungsted - Odense: 4-8 [Shots 15-43. Amazing that Rungsted's forwards actually scored quite a lot of goals in many matches on fairly few chances, but their defense is like Swiss cheese]
Considering the shots/goals ratio, I'd say that Odenses defense was quite a lot cheesier in this game, though.

Old
11-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Considering the shots/goals ratio, I'd say that Odenses defense was quite a lot cheesier in this game, though.
True!

Also some late updates:
Aalborg - Odense: 6-3 [Aalborg continue on the winning track, Shots 37-42 - shooting gallery]

Herlev - SønderjydskE: 1-4 [shots 25-35]

Rødovre - Frederikshavn: 1-3 [shots 28-39]

Rungsted - Herlev: 0-4 [shots 22-26]

So since Aalborg and Herlev each won a match, the distance to Rødovre and Rungsted in the bottom grew once more.