HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lightning Rookie Camp & Coral Springs Tournament

Old
09-07-2013, 01:17 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Goals by Nesterov, Richard, Kucherov, Namestnikov, Olson, and Gauthier so far.

Witkowski also fought Geoffrion
Kucherov is looking like the troof (based on stats).

The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 01:23 PM
TheDaysOf 04
[ 2 6 ]

vCash: 500
Brown scores an empty netter. Game over. 7-4

Old
09-07-2013, 02:45 PM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

vCash: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Brassard possibly injured.

6-2 end of the second for the low current Bolts...

Man I wish I could watch these games live.
Left arm IIRC... any details?

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 02:59 PM
TheDaysOf 04
[ 2 6 ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Left arm IIRC... any details?
Yeah left arm, but no other news.

https://twitter.com/JoeMartini91
Quote:
Now grabbing arm/wrist
https://twitter.com/Missy_Zielinski
Quote:
Netminder Brassard leaves game after grabbing his left arm, while talking with #TBLightning trainer. Kristers Gudlevskis enters the game.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

The Oilers added another rookie tournament game against the University of Alberta on Sept 10th @ 9PM ET.

The U of A Golden Bears (CIS) are coached by former Bolt Ian Herbers.

The Oilers play the Jets at 10:30pm ET tonight and both of these games will be streamed live on oilers.com

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Pontius Palat
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
The Oilers added another rookie tournament game against the University of Alberta on Sept 10th @ 9PM ET.

The U of A Golden Bears (CIS) are coached by former Bolt Ian Herbers.
Yeah! Go Golden Bears! U of A FTW!

(I recently moved to the U of A and already have my ticket for the game)

Pontius Palat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 07:36 PM
TheDaysOf 04
[ 2 6 ]

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=681704
Quote:
"We just talked and found out how each of us play on our other teams," said Namestnikov, who also donned an "A" as alternate captain today in addition to J.T. Brown and Andrej Sustr. "Other then that you just get used to it, game-by-game, and that's what we did today and it worked out for us."

The line, which contributed a dominating eight points yesterday, made a transition from second to the top line today and added another five points from their credentials.

"There's just a lot of skill between Namestnikov and Kucherov," said tournament and Syracuse Crunch (AHL) head coach Rob Zettler. "Erne compliments them because he's a go-to-the-net kind of guy, he goes to the dirty areas and gets to the hard spots. They all just work well together and have been fun to watch."
Quote:
"We were down 2-1 and [Luke] Witkowski had a good fight right there for us," said Tampa Bay forward Tanner Richard. "I think that gave us momentum and we took off from there."
Quote:
"They were obviously pushing hard, they didn't want it to be a blow out, so they were coming back," said Richard. "We just kind of got back up, got together and said, "hey guys its not over," there's still 10 minutes left, let's make sure we finish it off good."
On Drouin not playing:
Quote:
"There's nothing behind it," said Bolts rookie tourney head coach Rob Zettler. "We had talked about it prior to the tournament. We kind of had some people in mind that we didn't want to play three games in three days because they haven't skated much in the past few weeks, so it was by design."
Official Box Score

Old
09-07-2013, 09:59 PM
FDfranklin
Standclose

http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videoc...ed-share-video

Video from today. Such a ****** job all around Panthers.. I don't understand why an NHL team can't get a decent camera out there let alone an internet connection to stream.

FDfranklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 01:52 AM
TheDaysOf 04
[ 2 6 ]

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blog/ki...es_Bolts_debut
Quote:
[Seth Griffith] On being a Tampa rookie camp invite in 2011 and skating in a similar tourney two years before: “I think I was a little more comfortable than most guys. I think that guys that have been through this before picked it up good today and maybe I wanted to beat the Tampa team a little bit more than the others but I thought we played well today.”
Quote:
Lightning Player spotlight: Adam Erne (North Branford, Conn.), LW

Scouting report: Thickly built with broad shoulders and a natural ability to shield the puck and fight through checks. Dangerous, opportunistic scorer who has a nose for the net and will pay the price to make the play. When on his game, Erne is a true power forward who cycles the puck down low effectively and then moves into prime scoring areas looking to finish off the play. Creates space for his linemates and has a knack for the game.

On playing his first game with a Lightning jersey on: “Before the game, it was butterflies to say the least; I was pretty nervous. You’re representing the team, you want to play well. Plus, we were playing the Bruins, especially growing up as a New England guy you watch them, you watch the (New York) Rangers, so you get the first shift going, you get the butterflies out and things just start rolling from there.”

On scoring the tying goal with less than a minute left in regulation: “It was kind of a scrum in front, I wasn’t sure if I got it at all. I don’t really know what happened. It was a scrum in front, I was just kind of whacking away at it and the puck ended up in the back of the net.”

On what to improve upon with the first rookie game out of the way: “Just the confidence is a big thing. Be able to skate with the puck and not try to get rid of it so fast. You have more time than you think. If I can play the same way in the next two games, I’ll be happy.”

What’s up with the “All Russian Except for Adam Erne PP unit”? “I don’t know but I like it, though! I know them all, so it’s been fun. I think I may put a ‘v’ on my name and tape it on the back of my jersey (Ernev) for practice.”

On whether there are any communications breakdowns with the four Russians: “Once we’re on the ice, it’s not a problem like ‘hey, hey, hey’ it’s not really English or Russian. But off the ice, I played with Kucherov in Quebec, Namestnikov is my roommate here and Sergeev, I play against him all the time in the ‘Q’, Nestorov I met in development camp, so I know them all and we get along both on the ice and off.”

Outlook: Erne is a legitimate talent who will likely go back to the QMJHL this fall brimming with confidence after positive experiences in Tampa at development and rookie camps. If he was disappointed about not being picked in the first round last June, he doesn’t show it, and recognizes the opportunity he has as part of a resurgent Lightning organization. If he can continue to develop his big body to improve his strength and conditioning levels, he brings enough offensive ability to be a potential top-six or at the very least top-nine NHL winger someday.

Old
09-08-2013, 10:28 AM
HYPNOTOAD
ALL GLORY

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoekkoekPuffs View Post
Yeah! Go Golden Bears! U of A FTW!

(I recently moved to the U of A and already have my ticket for the game)
Sweet, another Lightning fan in Alberta.

HYPNOTOAD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Sept 5th Oilers vs. Flames rookie game.

Sept 7th Oilers vs. Jets rookie game

the next game is today at 5pm ET as the Baby Oil take on the host Vancouver Canucks.

From the Jets, I'm a bit impressed with #88 Mitchell Theoret. I tend to focus on the free agent invitees. He's not a top end talent, but he's been a standout and the minutes he played seemed to reflect that. What concerns me, like a lot of players his age, is his strength. He likes to go to the hard areas and he could get thrashed by the older, stronger players in pro hockey.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 09-08-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old
09-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Goals by Nesterov, Richard, Kucherov, Namestnikov, Olson, and Gauthier so far.

Witkowski also fought Geoffrion
do you have full stats anywhere?

Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 02:00 PM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

vCash: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
do you have full stats anywhere?
vs. Boston: http://lightning.nhl.com/v2/ext/pdf/...scoresheet.pdf

vs. Nashville: http://lightning.nhl.com/v2/ext/pdf/...coresheet1.pdf

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 02:48 PM
TheDaysOf 04
[ 2 6 ]

https://twitter.com/Missy_Zielinski/.../photo/1/large

Today's lines

Brown - Drouin - Kucherov
Erne - Richard - Ikonen
Brassart - Paquette - Welychka
Olson - Langelier-Parent - Nielsen

Koekkoek - Sergeev
Nesterov - Dotchin
Blujus - Witkowski

Gudlevski
Shields

Quote:
NOTE: FLA Netminder Mack Shields will serve as back-up for the #TBLightning in today's contest.
Sitting: Namestnikov, Gauthier, Sustr, Milan
Injuried: Brassard

Old
09-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Pontius Palat
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
From the Jets, I'm a bit impressed with #88 Mitchell Theoret. I tend to focus on the free agent invitees. He's not a top end talent, but he's been a standout and the minutes he played seemed to reflect that. What concerns me, like a lot of players his age, is his strength. He likes to go to the hard areas and he could get thrashed by the older, stronger players in pro hockey.
I've seen him a lot from his Barrie Colts days, so I'm not at all surprised that the Jets are the ones to at least take a flyer on him. From Little to Burmistrov to Scheifele, the Jets always go back to Barrie for more. He was a good player from the times I've seen of him for sure, and scored the shootout game winner in one of them.

Pontius Palat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 03:59 PM
TheDaysOf 04
[ 2 6 ]

https://twitter.com/kluedeke29
Quote:
If you're a Tampa fan- have to like what they're building. Kucherov is legit and really liked Slater Koekkoek's smoothness, smarts & poise
Quote:
As a matter of fact, Tampa forwards a dangerous group on whole- both Malcolm Subban & NSH goalie Magnus Hellberg both shaking heads after
Quote:
Each goalie gave up 5 goals to 'Bolts rooks. Both Subban & Hellberg started strong, but TBL just kept at it. Tough tourney if you're in net

Old
09-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Vancouver v. Oil Droplets live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeLvjKqSNcE

I checked the Canucks roster before the start of today's game and I noticed that they've got a lot of undrafted, unsigned 20/21 year olds.

Do the Canucks really have so few of their own prospects to bring that they have to supplement them with 7 players (plus 2 undrafted 19 y/o's)?

62 Daniel Johnston
71 Mitch Elliot
74 Cain Franson
72 Zach Hall
70 Kyle Hope
77 Phillipe Maillet
79 Jesse Mychan

Last edited by Felonious Python: 09-08-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Myron was drafted
Old
09-08-2013, 04:24 PM
TheDaysOf 04
[ 2 6 ]

2 fights so far

Carl Nielsen and Tony Turgeon in the 1st & Wade Megan and Artem Sergeev in the 2nd

Old
09-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
panthers lightning kucherov has 2 goals 4 mins into second drouin an assist to take 2-1 lead per missy zielinski on twitter

@missy_zielinski

Also nielsen and seergeev have dropped the gloves.

So to everyone I said kucherov is for real he will still light up Tampa regular camp and still going down ro AHL but someone is losing their job to kucherov before the end of 2013 that is my prediction. Dec 2013 is the time of KUCH hehe.

Just saying LOVE the kid.

Got to be impressed with that second period stats and defense Much better honestly after 3 games showing we can play D Really like that a lot.

Sorry didnt notice others had put missy missed that and I write slow so didnt see dup on fights

Also ty Strikes man for the stats Was away visiting relatives this weekend so didnt know where to get things at all to start today

Last edited by Unfinished Business: 09-08-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old
09-08-2013, 04:35 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Damn Kucherov... just damn.

The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 04:57 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
panthers lightning kucherov has 2 goals 4 mins into second drouin an assist to take 2-1 lead per missy zielinski on twitter

@missy_zielinski

Also nielsen and seergeev have dropped the gloves.

So to everyone I said kucherov is for real he will still light up Tampa regular camp and still going down ro AHL but someone is losing their job to kucherov before the end of 2013 that is my prediction. Dec 2013 is the time of KUCH hehe.

Just saying LOVE the kid.

Got to be impressed with that second period stats and defense Much better honestly after 3 games showing we can play D Really like that a lot.

Sorry didnt notice others had put missy missed that and I write slow so didnt see dup on fights

Also ty Strikes man for the stats Was away visiting relatives this weekend so didnt know where to get things at all to start today
This is a rookie scrimmage so I will hold off on the saying he'll claim a spot during the season. He's not going to move St. Louis or Purcell off the top two lines and he's not a bottom 6. But it's nice to see him playing well.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 05:28 PM
TheDaysOf 04
[ 2 6 ]

2 more fights in the 3rd period.

Welychka with Josh McFadden & Josh Brown with Dotchin

Bolts win 2-1.

Old
09-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Unfinished Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
This is a rookie scrimmage so I will hold off on the saying he'll claim a spot during the season. He's not going to move St. Louis or Purcell off the top two lines and he's not a bottom 6. But it's nice to see him playing well.
I wasnt mentioning who he is gonna make expendable lol. I just think he is the real deal and gonna light it up till is brought up. Against everyone where he will get his look a lot earlier than I expected. Depends a lot on his two way game too where we view him in that regard. Also on how the kids play up to that point and the team plays etc..

Quote:
2 more fights in the 3rd period.

Welychka with Josh McFadden & Josh Brown with Dotchin

Bolts win 2-1.
I like this game over the others by far shows our defense is maturing can hold a tight lead etc.. very very nice

Old
09-08-2013, 05:41 PM
CupsOverCash

I think he gets some time with the big club. A few games.

CupsOverCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Crabby Williams

Kucherov, eh?

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote