Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

2014 Qualifying (UEFA) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2013, 07:50 AM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 500
Bosnia is very overrated by the European press....they have a solid starting 11 but after that guys who are playing in Croatia, China, Belarus, 2nd divisions.

Old
10-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Just Win
Free Larsson

vCash: 50
Löw is the most stupid stubborn dumb **** ever. Klose and Gomez injured but still no Kießling. Only one striker nominated (Kruse) but 8 offensive midfielders. Also just 3 central backs and 3 full-backs (assuming you even count Höwedes as a FB and not a CB) nominated. **** defense, we just gonna score a bazillion goals. Also, how does he keep nominating players like Jansen? The guy is a black hole on defense.

Goal: René Adler (Hamburger SV), Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern München), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover 96)

Defense: Jérome Boateng, Philipp Lahm (FC Bayern München), Benedikt Höwedes (FC Schalke 04), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Marcell Jansen (Hamburger SV), Per Mertesacker (FC Arsenal)

Midfield: Lars Bender, Sidney Sam (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Sven Bender, Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Julian Draxler (FC Schalke 04), Mario Götze, Toni Kroos, Thomas Müller, Bastian Schweinsteiger (FC Bayern München), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Mesut Özil (FC Arsenal), André Schürrle (FC Chelsea)

Striker: Max Kruse (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Old
10-04-2013, 07:51 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Finland are now ranked 56th, above Scotland and Ireland
Wouldn't shout the Ireland/Scotland thing from the roof tops my friend lol.

Old
10-04-2013, 07:56 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

Kießling probably told him to **** off, which is fair given how he's been treated by Löw. If all things fail you could put Müller upfront.

Old
10-04-2013, 09:43 AM
cgf

Yeah Keissling announced last year that he wouldn't play for the NT until we got a new coach.

Truth be told I like Kruse more than him for the NT anyway and really we shouldn't even be playing with a striker at all, so anything that forces Jogi in that direction is good in my book.

Old
10-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
Zakaria Bakkali has just announced he chose Belgium over Morocco. (which we already kind of knew, but anyway, he finally confirmed it himself)

Old
10-07-2013, 01:20 PM
tobo

Meanwhile Januzaj has refused Wilmots' call-up. Apparantly his representatives asked for a guaranteed spot in the World Cup selection. I guess 'das Kampfschwein' didn't want to comply, since Adnan didn't leave for Belgium together with Fellaini. If that's the reason for him not being in Brussels right now: fair enough.

Old
10-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Savi

A guaranteed spot? Wow.

You either want to play for Belgium, or you don't. It's really that simple. This ain't a contract negotiation. And it's not like we need Januzaj.

Old
10-07-2013, 03:10 PM
HajdukSplit

Januzaj's mom must be some strange mix as even now Croatia are making a claim for him

Old
10-07-2013, 03:23 PM
tobo

Mwah, what about this midfield a couple of years down the road:

E. Hazard (Carrasco)---Januzaj---De Bruyne (Bakkali)

These guys ooze talent and seem to be very down to earth. No prima donna's in our NT. It's good to see that none of them make it to the tabloids with their off pitch antics. Until recently I didn't even know that Hazard's married and already a father.

I've been following the U21 as well. They won their first three qualifiers for the WC 2015 in quite a strong group. Let's hope they qualify for that tournament and the Olympics in 2016. That would be the exact same route the current crop has followed. That squad reached the semi-finals in 2007 and finished 4th in Beijing.

Many of them went on to have in the pro's: players like Vermaelen, Lombaerts, Mirallas, Vertonghen, Pocognoli, Fellaini, Ciman and Witsel were all part of that '07 side. That's a tremendous amount. Especially when compared to the Dutch team that won that tournament. They had Vlaar, Drenthe, Babel, Maduro, Vermeer and Donk among others. Highly anticipated players, but none of them delivered in the years that followed.

Old
10-07-2013, 03:41 PM
ProPAIN
Playoffs! NOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobo View Post
Mwah, what about this midfield a couple of years down the road:

E. Hazard (Carrasco)---Januzaj---De Bruyne (Bakkali)
Which is exactly why Januzaj needs to join Belgium. He is exactly the kind of number 10 they need for the future. Confident, versatile and so much skill. I just don't know how he can demand a guaranteed WC spot (if that is even the case) with nothing to show for it.
Quote:
These guys ooze talent and seem to be very down to earth. No prima donna's in our NT. It's good to see that none of them make it to the tabloids with their off pitch antics. Until recently I didn't even know that Hazard's married and already a father.
Absolutely, they gel well and seem to get along. No internal rift and Wilmots has zero tolerance for any of that kind of BS anyways. The only issue I heard about and I don't even know if it's true is between Courtois and KDB (girlfriend issues) but I think that is just tabloid rubbish.

As for Hazard I only knew he was married/had a child when I saw this picture

Footballers do get married a quite a young age though. Oscar is married too. I hadn't even graduated from college at that age

Quote:
I've been following the U21 as well. They won their first three qualifiers for the WC 2015 in quite a strong group. Let's hope they qualify for that tournament and the Olympics in 2016. That would be the exact same route the current crop has followed. That squad reached the semi-finals in 2007 and finished 4th in Beijing.
I think Belgium could really see a surge in young talented kids coming through the ranks with the amount of motivation the NT is giving them. And they can develop with no pressure and move on to a top level platform to become world class. They need to make sure there isn't another talent gap like they had after 2002 (and even before that, but I wasn't even born ).

Old
10-07-2013, 04:00 PM
tobo

Thank god the days of the Luis Vuitton bags over long gone. What a helpless team we had back then. Being in your early teens is usually the best time to be a fan, because you still idolize the players, but those queers made that impossible. I have the utmost respect for Van Buyten for sticking around while he saw everything go down the drain. It would've been a lot easier for him to say: "Tirez votre plan."

I understand Wilmots if he says that this isn't the time to call-up youngsters like Malanda or T. Hazard: Walem needs those guys in his team. The senior side and U21 were basically the same team for the last few years. Anyone who showed any promising signs was immediately promoted. How many games did Dembele play as a striker, which he's clearly not? Luckily for him Martin Jol realized he's a midfielder.

EDIT: I've been thinking, if Januzaj refuses, who could become our number 10? T. Hazard maybe, although I have my doubts.

Last edited by tobo: 10-07-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old
10-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

Question about the Belgian NT. Are the majority of the players from the French of Flemish parts of Belgium?

Old
10-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Savi

tobo, I can't believe you forgot to mention Dembele when talking about Bejing 08! I will never forget his goal against Italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baarle View Post
Question about the Belgian NT. Are the majority of the players from the French of Flemish parts of Belgium?
Actually, it's a perfect mix. There are 25 players currently in the NT, 13 of them being born in Flemish parts, 12 in French parts.

Old
10-07-2013, 06:30 PM
tobo

No, I was talking about the '07 tournament which Dembele didn't participate it. He was indeed outstanding in that match against Italy a year later. First time we could cheer since '02.

The Flemish/Walloon boundary is less bright than during previous generations. Many players are mixed raced or have foreign roots. This is really a very international bunch. As you can imagine, tons of languages are being spoken when our boys gather for international duty.

Kompany: Congolese father and Walloon mother, raised in Brussels, speaks Dutch and French
Benteke: Born in Congo, raised in Wallonia, speaks French and Lingala
Lukaku: Congolese father and mother, raised in Flanders, speaks Dutch, French and Lingala
Vermaelen: Flemish parents, raised in Flanders, Speaks Dutch
Fellaini: Moroccan parents, raised in Brussels, speaks French
Nainggolan: Indonesian father and Flemish mother, raised in Flanders, speaks Dutch

This is just a small sample. Pocognoli, Chadli, Dembele, Bakkali, Van Buyten and Witsel have non-Belgian parents as well. Recently I've heard that Alderweireld is a Jewish name, so he isn't a 'pure' Belgian either. Although, what does pure mean in the Belgian context? We're on a crossroad and every major nation has owned this place at one time during history. Those nationalists would be in for a surprise if they saw their family tree.

Old
10-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

Quote:
No, I was talking about the '07 tournament which Dembele didn't participate it. He was indeed outstanding in that match against Italy a year later. First time we could cheer since '02.

The Flemish/Walloon boundary is less bright than during previous generations. Many players are mixed raced or have foreign roots. This is really a very international bunch. As you can imagine, tons of languages are being spoken when our boys gather for international duty.

Kompany: Congolese father and Walloon mother, raised in Brussels, speaks Dutch and French
Benteke: Born in Congo, raised in Wallonia, speaks French and Lingala
Lukaku: Congolese father and mother, raised in Flanders, speaks Dutch, French and Lingala
Vermaelen: Flemish parents, raised in Flanders, Speaks Dutch
Fellaini: Moroccan parents, raised in Brussels, speaks French
Nainggolan: Indonesian father and Flemish mother, raised in Flanders, speaks Dutch

This is just a small sample. Pocognoli, Chadli, Dembele, Bakkali, Van Buyten and Witsel have non-Belgian parents as well. Recently I've heard that Alderweireld is a Jewish name, so he isn't a 'pure' Belgian either. Although, what does pure mean in the Belgian context? We're on a crossroad and every major nation has owned this place at one time during history. Those nationalists would be in for a surprise if they saw their family tree.

Can you even call it a Belgian Team then? Might as well be Team Africa if you ask me

Old
10-07-2013, 07:22 PM
ProPAIN
Playoffs! NOW!!

Quote:
Can you even call it a Belgian Team then? Might as well be Team Africa if you ask me
Hey, let's not mention the Dutch NT with players from Suriname, Morocco, etc.

Old
10-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back

Quote:
EDIT: I've been thinking, if Januzaj refuses, who could become our number 10? T. Hazard maybe, although I have my doubts.
De Bruyne I would guess

Old
10-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Hey, let's not mention the Dutch NT with players from Suriname, Morocco, etc.
At least their names sound Dutch for the most part

Old
10-07-2013, 08:40 PM
ProPAIN
Playoffs! NOW!!

Quote:
At least their names sound Dutch for the most part

Old
10-07-2013, 08:46 PM
ProPAIN
Playoffs! NOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Baby Seamus View Post
De Bruyne I would guess
De Bruyne is much more effective on the wing. His crossing ability is probably the best of any Red Devil currently on the team.

I'd go with Eden at the number 10 role with De Bruyne and Bakkali on the wings.

Thorgan is capable of being a very good 10. He is versatile, can shoot with both feet, score goals, assist and good vision. I just don't think he has the upside of Januzaj though.

Too early to tell, but Musonda has looked promising for U17 and Chelsea Academy. All else fails give Praet a shot

Last edited by ProPAIN: 10-07-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old
10-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Evilo

Quote:
I see E. Hazard's best spot as #10.
On the winger, you can have multiple options including Ferreira-Carrasco.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:50 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Michael Grande ‏@mycallgrande 16h

Just picked Jack Wilshere for my Daily Mail fantasy football team. Team name: Xenophobic XI #Januzaj

Old
10-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Savi

Croatia - Pletikosa, Vida, Corluka, Lovren, Vrsjalko, Rakitic, Strinic, Modric, Kovacic, Perisic, Mandzukic

Belgium - Courtois, Alderweireld, Van Buyten, Lombaerts, Vertonghen, Defour, Witsel, Fellaini, De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku

90 minutes to gain at least 1 point. Let's go Belgium!

Old
10-11-2013, 11:09 AM
ProPAIN
Playoffs! NOW!!

Allez les Diables!!

Closed Thread