HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The League Season 5 on FXX

Old
09-13-2013, 03:38 AM
Ruston*

vCash: 500
Adam Brody holding his own. Impressed.

Ruston* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 07:58 AM
Gobias Industries

Rewatched Season 5, what an amazing turnaround for Raffi.

Went from being an eye-roller of a supporting character to just dominating the show for me...

- I'll be Kevin Costner and your **** will be...

- Whitney Houston R.I.P

- Whitney's dead!? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

One of my favourite back and forths in TV last year, and it seemed very improvised.

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 01:58 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Finally watched the first two of S5 tonight. Amazing.

The wedding episode was tremendous.

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 07:45 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Episode was pretty good. The only decent one this season so far imo.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 2405
^ No I thought that episode sucked and the 2nd one was better this season, 1 & 3 were weak. Reason is because it wasn't really funny, mainly just awkward.

It would have been funny the first time around but we've already heard the Andre saying stuff he doesn't realize is dirty joke, Andre screwing up some sort of reference and a celeb making fun of him as a result (P Diddy in this case), we've already seen Taco ending up hooking up with whomever, we've already seen the crazy guy get drawn into the league (and that guy wasn't funny), and most of all....we've already seen that story line with Kevin. I knew 100% when he was at their party and got gassy that the last scene would be with him getting caught in their toilet. It wasn't really original at all and not shocking either. Show's lost its touch imo and the dialogue isn't that smart either (oh wow surprise Taco is hanging out with a famous person and doesn't know who he is).

Ruxin wasn't in the episode, he can be annoying but he usually delivers at least a couple good lines while Kevin just isn't funny. If a guy telling another guy not to fart in a public place is considered a joke now in this show then I dunno...

Nalens Oga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Teemu
Meatball Enthusiast

vCash: 470
The spray paint reveal was kinda funny, but I agree the rest of the episode was a disappointment. As much as I enjoyed watching Cutler discuss playground genitalia.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:00 PM
tacogeoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
^ No I thought that episode sucked and the 2nd one was better this season, 1 & 3 were weak. Reason is because it wasn't really funny, mainly just awkward.

It would have been funny the first time around but we've already heard the Andre saying stuff he doesn't realize is dirty joke, Andre screwing up some sort of reference and a celeb making fun of him as a result (P Diddy in this case), we've already seen Taco ending up hooking up with whomever, we've already seen the crazy guy get drawn into the league (and that guy wasn't funny), and most of all....we've already seen that story line with Kevin. I knew 100% when he was at their party and got gassy that the last scene would be with him getting caught in their toilet. It wasn't really original at all and not shocking either. Show's lost its touch imo and the dialogue isn't that smart either (oh wow surprise Taco is hanging out with a famous person and doesn't know who he is).

Ruxin wasn't in the episode, he can be annoying but he usually delivers at least a couple good lines while Kevin just isn't funny. If a guy telling another guy not to fart in a public place is considered a joke now in this show then I dunno...
^ no. maybe for you. this show is ****ing hilarious. sounds like you shoulf be watching more dramas or something

tacogeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 11:10 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:

To each his own. I didn't like the actual farts per se, just Kevin's reactions. (how he said "yeah" when the guy asked him if he farted, his bubbles impression). Also liked the kid rubbing the playground balls.
My opinion is known to differ from the majority of HF though. I absolutely despise Rafi and don't think he's funny at all.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 11:14 PM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

While it was still a good episode, 3rd episode wasn't as good as the first 2 (second one was great), but it's clear that this show is a lot better when the story at least involves football. They went away from that the last 2 seasons and it showed.

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 11:54 PM
danishh

i liked the 'sacked a cutler' thing, but the fart storyline was stupid.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 1200
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
That last episode didn't really do much for me, still love the show though. Needs more Rafi and needs more Ruxin.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 05:19 AM
G F O P
Registered Baller

Gattaca!

G F O P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 01:14 PM
DG

Those people wanting more Raffi are getting their wish - next episode is a full Raffi/Dirty Randy episode.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 10:16 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

What the **** just happened?

BluesOne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesOne31 View Post
What the **** just happened?
LOL that was so nuts.

Good friends, cold beers, lots of bath salts.

Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 2405
Funny episode. It was disgusting but those two characters are hilarious and the writers still know how to make them do stuff because they're both crazy. Unfortunately though, they killed off Raffi and Dirty Randy probably won't return so I expect the show to continue to suck starting next week when they go back to the regular cast.

Nalens Oga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Hammettf2b
Wings

Falcons Nest /Thread

Hammettf2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 03:34 AM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

vCash: 400
Quote:
Funny episode. It was disgusting but those two characters are hilarious and the writers still know how to make them do stuff because they're both crazy. Unfortunately though, they killed off Raffi and Dirty Randy probably won't return so I expect the show to continue to suck starting next week when they go back to the regular cast.
You missed the One Year Later thing apparently. They'll still have the use of Rafi this season.

sunsoutgunsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 07:02 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 1200
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
That was brilliant

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Shameus

That was a

The only funny line was when they were at the strip club and talking about clues and Dirty Randy said he had "Blues Clues." The writers for that episode were Jason Mantzoukas and Seth Rogan so I put the blame squarely on their shoulders.

What the hell happened to David Krumholtz? Did he eat the rest of the cast from Numb3rs?

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Teemu
Meatball Enthusiast

vCash: 470
I agree that it didn't really work, although I loved the line about how they met in a mental institution.

It almost felt like they were pitching a pilot.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 10:20 AM
ChickenBurrito

vCash: 427
I don't get why that episode happened. It had nothing to do with the League.

ChickenBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 01:43 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
I agree that it didn't really work, although I loved the line about how they met in a mental institution.

It almost felt like they were pitching a pilot.
Exactly what I was thinking.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 03:44 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
That was a

The only funny line was when they were at the strip club and talking about clues and Dirty Randy said he had "Blues Clues." The writers for that episode were Jason Mantzoukas and Seth Rogan so I put the blame squarely on their shoulders.

What the hell happened to David Krumholtz? Did he eat the rest of the cast from Numb3rs?
I thought there were plenty of funny lines, it was just a random episode and an even more random storyline.

I agree with Krumholtz though haha. I had to ask my roommate if that was actually him. He ballooned.

BluesOne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 06:15 PM
ThaDevilGirl

I'm watching last night's episode. What the hell is that crap?

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote