HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXVII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
Lol, Leafs score again after being dominated for most of the game. Come to think of it, that's what happened last season too.
They rely on explosive guys like Kadri, JVR and Kessel those guy can score on any given shift... I hate them too but lets give them credit.

And damn that line is full of skills. It's gonna be dangerous. Michalek-Spezza-Ryan

Old
09-19-2013, 08:12 PM
StellerEller

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Kadri is a disgrace. I don't like him. I don't like the player. And I certainly don't like the person.

Lucic in the other way is everything the Habs could use.
What they have in common is that they're cowards.

Kadri because he hides behind people while playing dirty. (He's been a rat since Junior)

Lucic because he refuses to fight people his size and he does things like punching people in the back of the head in scrums.

Disgraceful.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Kadri is a disgrace. I don't like him. I don't like the player. And I certainly don't like the person.

Thats wrong... I hate him too from a habs stand point but I would take him ten times out of ten. He's a good hockey player.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:14 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:

Looch seems like a good guy too, just can't hate him when he's doing interviews. Would love him here.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Looch seems like a good guy too, just can't hate him when he's doing interviews. Would love him here.
Indeed. He cleaned up his act over the years as well. Still likely to do stupid things, but we're far from the era where he was going berzerk every stoppage.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I hate Kadri.

He's another Lucic to us... We love him so much, but hes on the wrong side of the fight.
We love him so much??????

Kadri is a world class ****** bag.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:19 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post

Kadri because he hides behind people while playing dirty. (He's been a rat since Junior)

Lucic because he refuses to fight people his size and he does things like punching people in the back of the head in scrums.

Disgraceful.
Wouldn't call Lucic a coward. He would be very useful to the Habs.

Kadri is definitely a punk, no way around it. Is he one of the guys you hate, but would love to have on your team? Not really. Gallagher would be the kind of player that fits the bill: in the goalie's face, an agitator, but he's not dirty or sleazy or a punk - he's got the right attitude and approach. Guys like Brad Marchand and Kadri, not so much. Not saying I wouldn't take them on my team, but I can't say I have respect for their disposition on the ice.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:22 PM
StellerEller

Quote:
Wouldn't call Lucic a coward. He would be very useful to the Habs.

Kadri is definitely a punk, no way around it. Is he one of the guys you hate, but would love to have on your team? Not really. Gallagher fits the bill. Guys like Brad Marchand and Kadri, not so much. Not saying I wouldn't take them on my team, but I can't say I have respect for their disposition on the ice.
Well I never said that kadri and lucic aren't good hockey players. And to be clear my post was highlighting the difference in their cowardice. I agree with what you're saying about Kadri and Marchand though. They're good players, but I hate cheapshot artists. Couldn't stomach that kind of play in a CH.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:25 PM
jedimyrmidon

In other news, Detroit is leading Boston 7-2. Malcolm Subban getting demolished in nets. Granted, Detroit looks like it's using something very near their regular season lineup.

Edit: 8-2.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:30 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Well I never said that kadri and lucic aren't good hockey players. And to be clear my post was highlighting the difference in their cowardice. I agree with what you're saying about Kadri and Marchand though. They're good players, but I hate cheapshot artists. Couldn't stomach that kind of play in a CH.
I felt that way about Claude Lemieux. Dirty, chippy, but lots of high end skills. An embarrassment as a Hab, but a very effective player. Conn freakin' Smythe winner...

Glad we got rid of that other CS winner. You know, the head case who won 3 of them... what's his name again?

Old
09-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:

Disgraceful.
Lucic is not a coward in any definition of the word. He would be a selfish fool to fight other teams goons all the time. The opposition will make that trade 7 days of the week.

He plays physical and defends his teammates but will not be suckered into idiotic, meaningless fights with opposing goons. He is doing exactly what the Bruins organization wants him to do.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:45 PM
StellerEller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Lucic is not a coward in any definition of the word. He would be a selfish fool to fight other teams goons all the time. The opposition will make that trade 7 days of the week.

He plays physical and defends his teammates but will not be suckered into idiotic, meaningless fights with opposing goons. He is doing exactly what the Bruins organization wants him to do.
See, this is the official stance the Bruins try to make, but the truth of the matter is he picks his spots, and he only goes when he grossly outmatches someone. He also starts **** with anyone who cleanly hits him too, very similar to being suckered in. He can be a very selfish player.

I call him a coward, but he's not a coward in the normal sense. Lucic/Bruins are full of double standards and ridiculous post-game comments. It's one thing to dismiss random goons trying to fight you, but when you play the way he does, you have to answer the bell. And as we've seen throughout his career, he'll hide behind a linesman if the guy against him is anywhere near his size. To me that is a coward (but like I said not in the way most are)

Old
09-19-2013, 08:49 PM
DJ Breadman

Kadri is a little rat, someone is going to get him if he keeps it up, can't hide forever

Old
09-19-2013, 08:55 PM
jedimyrmidon

Wouldn't that be goaltender interference? Leafs player behind Sens goalie in the crease.

Old
09-19-2013, 09:01 PM
StellerEller

Quote:
Wouldn't that be goaltender interference? Leafs player behind Sens goalie in the crease.
Good call. Guess it's preseason for everyone

EDIT: meant you made a good call, not the refs.

Old
09-19-2013, 09:03 PM
ChoseLa

Ottawa and Toronto have so much firepower on their top-line. We got the most depth though, but in the dying minutes of a game, depth isn't as important as heavy firepower.

That's really what keeps us from being a contender; when you desperatly need a goal who do you send on the ice? in two years "Patch - Galchenyuk - Someone" could be that for us though.

Old
09-19-2013, 09:08 PM
StellerEller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Ottawa and Toronto have so much firepower on their top-line. We got the most depth though, but in the dying minutes of a game, depth isn't as important as heavy firepower.

That's really what keeps us from being a contender; when you desperatly need a goal who do you send on the ice? in two years "Patch - Galchenyuk - Someone" could be that for us though.
We have an Elite Dman though, so for now that should help improve the late game firepower. And if we do end up having a true #1 in Galchenyuk, then we'll end up being a scary team.

Also I'd say our depth makes us a contender. Leafs and Sens aren't that far ahead of us when it comes to firepower.

Old
09-19-2013, 09:08 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post

Pacs-Galchenyuk-Gallagher with Subban on the backend. Gallagher is a guy who gets really involved when things are on the line.

Leafs actually have very good offensive depth throughout their Top 6: Lupul, Kadri, JVR, Kessel. Where the Habs beat them is with Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher who are either worthy of a Top 6 spot (Eller, but DD is in the way) or could very well be there soon.

Old
09-19-2013, 09:09 PM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

Quote:
Good call. Guess it's preseason for everyone

EDIT: meant you made a good call, not the refs.
Actually there is a good chance that goal would be allowed even in regular season (I lost a beer on that.) The rule follows:

Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper

69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

Last edited by RealityBytes: 09-19-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old
09-19-2013, 09:11 PM
StellerEller

Quote:
Pacs-Galchenyuk-Gallagher with Subban on the backend. Gallagher is a guy who gets really involved when things are on the line.
Can't wait for when McCarron sits in front of the net, causing havoc and drawing attention to himself, while Gallagher comes out of nowhere and snipes a game-winner. I really like the quantity of good young guys we have, but even more so I love the variety of skillsets.

Old
09-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
See, this is the official stance the Bruins try to make, but the truth of the matter is he picks his spots, and he only goes when he grossly outmatches someone. He also starts **** with anyone who cleanly hits him too, very similar to being suckered in. He can be a very selfish player.

I call him a coward, but he's not a coward in the normal sense. Lucic/Bruins are full of double standards and ridiculous post-game comments. It's one thing to dismiss random goons trying to fight you, but when you play the way he does, you have to answer the bell. And as we've seen throughout his career, he'll hide behind a linesman if the guy against him is anywhere near his size. To me that is a coward (but like I said not in the way most are)
You can call him a coward if you want but he isn't....in any sense. He has beat Matt Carkner in each of the last two seasons and Carkner is about as tough as you are going to find. The vast majority of his fights are against players that are more than just goons such as Prust, Neil, and Kaleta. These players actually have some value to their teams and the tradeoff can be tolerable if the situation permits.

To say that he HAS to answer the bell because he plays a physical style is absurd. His employers have emphatically told him to not answer this fictitious bell every time it is rung much like any team would tell their top players who are capable fighters. Might as well call Chris Pronger, Zdeno Chara, Brendan Shanahan, Gilbert Perreault etc cowards as well as they have all turned down many invitations to fight useless goons.

I don't expect to change your mind on this matter and you have every right to express your opinion but I don't think that we are going to find much common ground on the matter.......other than we both hope he has a crappy season and loses every fight that he takes on

Old
09-19-2013, 09:27 PM
StellerEller

Quote:
You can call him a coward if you want but he isn't....in any sense. He has beat Matt Carkner in each of the last two seasons and Carkner is about as tough as you are going to find. The vast majority of his fights are against players that are more than just goons such as Prust, Neil, and Kaleta. These players actually have some value to their teams and the tradeoff can be tolerable if the situation permits.
To say that he HAS to answer the bell because he plays a physical style is absurd. His employers have emphatically told him to not answer this fictitious bell every time it is rung much like any team would tell their top players who are capable fighters. Might as well call Chris Pronger, Zdeno Chara, Brendan Shanahan, Gilbert Perreault etc cowards as well as they have all turned down many invitations to fight useless goons.

I don't expect to change your mind on this matter and you have every right to express your opinion but I don't think that we are going to find much common ground on the matter.......other than we both hope he has a crappy season and loses every fight that he takes on
Alot of what you're saying is true. But to be clear:

I think he needs to answer the bell because of his dirty play, not his physical play. And there's no doubt he's a good fighter, I just find he takes the easy way out alot. I find he is a coward because he starts **** and walks away behind the officials (the punching the back of people's heads in scrums being the most obvious and consistent dirty play in his book).

Regardless, I repsect your opinion and we don't need to go in circles. Cheers

Old
09-19-2013, 10:12 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:

Bull. The guy picks fights with people smaller than him. And after he beats them, he skates around gloating and talking trash.

Old
09-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Dagistitsyn

Red Wings smashed Boston last night 8-2

Why all the Kadri hate? What'd he do, have another good game?

Old
09-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Bull. The guy picks fights with people smaller than him. And after he beats them, he skates around gloating and talking trash.
People on this board exhibit such a victim complex......it is embarrassing.

Closed Thread