HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager #10 - Basketball starts in 6 months?

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2013, 05:01 PM
tescosamoa

vCash: 500
Energy does not really make much of a difference with our level of players... Plus the calculation is only at the start of the game. It does not drop during the game. Mind you I am training or playing very low with the A line until the play-offs then I will most likely be playing Bulls first round. Just waiting for my LW to get back from injury so I can start my last camp on Sunday right after my pull from the Academy and TF9 is complete. I have the cash on hand for the TF10 and HR10 to start as well early next week. So that will be 9.5, 8.5, 9.5 , 9.5 Gotta keep up with those II.1 teams

Old
12-04-2013, 05:21 PM
tescosamoa

It will be interesting to see how the 6-6 teams are in 2 seasons vs the 6-3 or 6-2 teams ( that is offence - defence positions in a game ) Some very different styles are starting to take shape from the various teams.

Old
12-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Cory
Hockeytown

Little off topic here, but it's still for PPM. I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to make the red collar on a red jersey look half decent with the PPM Hockey jersey templates. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to give it a shot. Hopefully it's something I can accomplish on the home jersey too with the red collar on white jersey, since I'm weird and like them to be uniform. Before anyone suggests one of the graphic artists, I don't see a point in paying someone to modify only my collars as everything else is fine. Aaaaaannnndddd... ideas, gogogogo!

Old
12-04-2013, 10:14 PM
idiroft

And I just got my new #1 Goalie ready to annihilate III.14! This guy is going to stop everything out here!

G : P : T
561:282:293

Old
12-04-2013, 10:31 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Little off topic here, but it's still for PPM. I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to make the red collar on a red jersey look half decent with the PPM Hockey jersey templates. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to give it a shot. Hopefully it's something I can accomplish on the home jersey too with the red collar on white jersey, since I'm weird and like them to be uniform. Before anyone suggests one of the graphic artists, I don't see a point in paying someone to modify only my collars as everything else is fine. Aaaaaannnndddd... ideas, gogogogo!
The collar area is tough to work with for some reason. Link me to what you have and what you want it to look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiroft View Post
And I just got my new #1 Goalie ready to annihilate III.14! This guy is going to stop everything out here!

G : P : T
561:282:293

Congrats! Nice job!!!

#####

Well, ranked 12th in the ChL knockout round. Damn happy I wasn't 11th or I would be facing Obryantj first round.

Old
12-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
The collar area is tough to work with for some reason. Link me to what you have and what you want it to look like.
PM sent

Last edited by Cory: 12-05-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old
12-05-2013, 08:27 AM
canucks357

Quote:
PM sent
Hmmm... so it is the red jersey red collar that is doing you in? Not sure what to tell you. I think they look fantastic to be honest.

Old
12-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Hmmm... so it is the red jersey red collar that is doing you in? Not sure what to tell you. I think they look fantastic to be honest.
Thanks, that's a little reassuring. Something about the red on red makes the collar kind of disappear. I want it to stand out more as an actual collar and not disappear into the jersey itself. Guess I'll just have to keep toying with it.

Old
12-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Emerald76

Couldn't wait to watch my NC final in football today and took a sneak peak at the code - won 1-0 to win my first NC trophy since season 7!!

All down to THIS GUY!!

Has been in supreme scoring form since I brought him full time into my team - so far this season he has 44 goals in 20 league games!!

Old
12-06-2013, 01:09 PM
tujague

*Adds Aidan Garvey to the scouting list*

Congrats on the NC trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Energy does not really make much of a difference with our level of players... Plus the calculation is only at the start of the game. It does not drop during the game. Mind you I am training or playing very low with the A line until the play-offs then I will most likely be playing Bulls first round.
Maybe if things were closer the energy wouldn't matter, but kytihu has only played 23 halves above Low. While I have only played 20 halves below Normal. I think I'm playing the rest of the way on VL since I'm pretty much locked into 2nd place, but it's probably too late to make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
It will be interesting to see how the 6-6 teams are in 2 seasons vs the 6-3 or 6-2 teams ( that is offence - defence positions in a game ) Some very different styles are starting to take shape from the various teams.
I think it would probably be best to have two complete starting lines. Not an offensive and defensive lineup. Two lines who play all 60 minutes. Maybe one of them could be trained more defensively.

Old
12-06-2013, 01:59 PM
kytihu

For reference, my starters are 90-93 energy right now.

Old
12-06-2013, 07:12 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytihu View Post
For reference, my starters are 90-93 energy right now.
Aww. Don't be a *****. Play the rest of your games on VH so it's a fair fight in the playoffs.

Old
12-08-2013, 05:31 PM
tujague

Whoa. All-Time US I.1 Stud Sandy Bragg picks up a straight red card in the 8th minute of the match! The Boilermakers were down a man for 82 minutes! Atomics win a surprisingly easy match 2-0 on the road. That's a big win right there. Our last game to close out the season could be epic

I'm surprised that ObryantJ only played on Low though. I went with High. I'm so happy that I didn't waste that energy

Old
12-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Yeah. I cut back on the fees, then immediately buy more players The big problem is keeping borderline prospects. That's what's really hurting. I've made the decision to avoid these, and mostly I stick to that, but some of them have been on the team for so long that it seems like a waste to get rid of them now. I might as well keep em around until I can sell them. But they'll never bring in enough to make up for the ridiculous fees! But but but.

I think I'm going to cut/sell some players to get my fees down, and then spend 3-400M on a player. Probably a CM.
Hopefully at some point this season, I can trim my roster down a bit and then purchase a couple of top notch players. If I don't due it soon, then I'll hit my busy season at work and will be less likely to have the (personal) time to do so.

Quote:
We have the same priorities for facilities. Although you have also built up your bottom 3. I've ignored those for the most part. Are you close to having the 50M necessary to build TF & SA 11? I'm at 32M right now. I shouldn't have a problem getting there.
I'm at 12.6M with 14 days to get the 21.6M needed for SA-11. Prize money will get me there (and a bit more). That leaves needing 28.8M for TF-11 in 29 days. If I promote, then the promotion bonus will cover a huge chunk of that. I also plan on selling a couple of players.

Quote:
Whoa. All-Time US I.1 Stud Sandy Bragg picks up a straight red card in the 8th minute of the match! The Boilermakers were down a man for 82 minutes! Atomics win a surprisingly easy match 2-0 on the road. That's a big win right there. Our last game to close out the season could be epic

I'm surprised that ObryantJ only played on Low though. I went with High. I'm so happy that I didn't waste that energy
Congrats on the win. Bragg now has 2 straight red cards in 407 career league matches. You may have been a little lucky in that regard...

It's too early in the season for me to play higher than low against anyone not named Corona. I need to find the time to work some players into the rotation during the second half of the season.

Old
12-09-2013, 08:44 AM
tujague

EDIT: someone should tell Tuttle to smile a bit in those videos. Or wear a funny hat or something. Dude looks scary dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
Hopefully at some point this season, I can trim my roster down a bit and then purchase a couple of top notch players. If I don't due it soon, then I'll hit my busy season at work and will be less likely to have the (personal) time to do so.
I tried to sell a couple of the recent pulls well before I normally would. I made a bit over 1M total. That's just wasted spots on my Recent Transfers list. Shoulda just fired 'em like I wanted to. That lowered my fee almost 200k.

Anybody need a very decent young goalie? 17yo with all goalie Qs in the 74-79 range, 640OR, 5/6 until he's 19yo. thornton-seifferly. I could fire him at a good time for you.

Quote:
Congrats on the win. Bragg now has 2 straight red cards in 407 career league matches. You may have been a little lucky in that regard...

It's too early in the season for me to play higher than low against anyone not named Corona. I need to find the time to work some players into the rotation during the second half of the season.
I almost went with the younger lineup because I was on the road. I honestly didn't think I had a chance. But being where I am in the standings, I would have felt like a hypocrite if I didn't put some effort into it.

Burning some more energy might come back to bite me in the ass later in the season, but I have been trying to get some other players involved. I think I have four forwards who will be over 10 goals soon! And I'm going to try to use the younger players vs the weaker teams. Earlier in the season, I was trying to use my big guns so McCready and Dekker could maybe score some easy goals, but that didn't really work out

I just have to remember to bump up the motivation when I do use the kids. I have a tendency to say 'I can beat this team with the backups.' And at the same time say 'I can beat this team and save energy.' I can only do one or the other, but that never seems to cross my mind when setting up tactics. I try to do both in a very half ass way. I'll use a mixture of old and young, but still try to save energy. That's a horrible combination, but I never seem to learn that particular lesson

Old
12-09-2013, 03:04 PM
canucks357

Well, big news in PPM today. Full announcement soon:

"Today the almost final version of the draft theory was completed! It will be a huge improvement of gameplay! Every second pull a special draft which will enable you to pick players."

Old
12-09-2013, 03:48 PM
tujague

Quote:

"Today the almost final version of the draft theory was completed! It will be a huge improvement of gameplay! Every second pull a special draft which will enable you to pick players."
Any idea how this is going to work? And is this all sports or just...?

Old
12-09-2013, 04:02 PM
idiroft

Quote:

What the hell does the last sentence mean?

By the way,

my team is set for the season. Right now, my weekly expenses with players + infrastructure + employees is equal to my weekly sponsor + TV deals. All I can rely now until the end of the season is on ticket sales to gather money for infrastructure upgrades. At this point I have the best roster out of my league and lots of experienced players. Now all I need is to build chemistry and save them for the playoffs

Canadian hockey II.2, see you next season

Last edited by idiroft: 12-09-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old
12-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
I tried to sell a couple of the recent pulls well before I normally would. I made a bit over 1M total. That's just wasted spots on my Recent Transfers list. Shoulda just fired 'em like I wanted to. That lowered my fee almost 200k.
I've gotten better at letting recent pulls go when they don't have a future on my team. The player fee definitely contributes to spending large amounts of money on individual players (at least for me).

Quote:
I almost went with the younger lineup because I was on the road. I honestly didn't think I had a chance. But being where I am in the standings, I would have felt like a hypocrite if I didn't put some effort into it.

Burning some more energy might come back to bite me in the ass later in the season, but I have been trying to get some other players involved. I think I have four forwards who will be over 10 goals soon! And I'm going to try to use the younger players vs the weaker teams. Earlier in the season, I was trying to use my big guns so McCready and Dekker could maybe score some easy goals, but that didn't really work out

I just have to remember to bump up the motivation when I do use the kids. I have a tendency to say 'I can beat this team with the backups.' And at the same time say 'I can beat this team and save energy.' I can only do one or the other, but that never seems to cross my mind when setting up tactics. I try to do both in a very half ass way. I'll use a mixture of old and young, but still try to save energy. That's a horrible combination, but I never seem to learn that particular lesson
There's a lot of things that we as managers know we're not supposed to do, but end up doing anyways. Minimizing those can go a long way towards success. There's also plenty of teams who went the other way and have continued to do things that they probably shouldn't have been doing (whether or not they know they shouldn't be doing those things).

Quote:

It'll be interesting to see how this works out. I haven't been a fan of drafts in non-salary sports; primarily due to the tank and prosper mentality in certain North American pro sports (ex: basketball).

If it's implemented in all sports, then it seems that it will impact the value of the SA. Increasing the relative value helps teams that have already invested. Decreasing the relative value helps teams that have avoided investment. The details will be very important.

----------------------------

I feel like this has been answered and I've just forgotten the answer, but will basketball players have some sort of height rating?

Old
12-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Emerald76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post

I feel like this has been answered and I've just forgotten the answer, but will basketball players have some sort of height rating?
Yep - height will be a factor afaik.

Last edited by Emerald76: 12-10-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old
12-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:

Anybody need a very decent young goalie? 17yo with all goalie Qs in the 74-79 range, 640OR, 5/6 until he's 19yo. thornton-seifferly. I could fire him at a good time for you.
I could certainly use him, especially since my primary goalkeeper is still injured for nearly 2 more weeks. The downside is, I'm cheap when it comes to the roster and he might go for more than I'd pay.

Old
12-10-2013, 10:37 AM
kytihu

Quote:
Aww. Don't be a *****. Play the rest of your games on VH so it's a fair fight in the playoffs.
I'm playing my backups on High as a compromise.

Old
12-10-2013, 04:03 PM
old time hockey4

Wow, PPM hates me this week.

First soccer match on Sunday that should be an automatic win, turns it's a stinker for my goalie, letting in the first 4 shots he faces on route to losing 5-2.

Then today in ROUND 3 (248 teams) of the National Cup, I out shoot my opponent 54-20 and lose 4-2 with an empty netter.

Now, for the cherry on top, I lost to an inactive soccer team 4-3! Mind you, this one is more on me, as I put in the wrong line-up, but even with the line-up I put on it should have probable still been a win. Idiot move, put in line-up A (my friendly line up) when I wanted line-up B (my second team) and line-up A had players playing out of position because of a transfer... Just a terrible string of decisions by me today...

I did something to PPM to anger them, I don't know what it was, but I hope these 3 losses are enough to atone for what I did....

Old
12-10-2013, 06:38 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by old time hockey4 View Post
Wow, PPM hates me this week.

First soccer match on Sunday that should be an automatic win, turns it's a stinker for my goalie, letting in the first 4 shots he faces on route to losing 5-2.

Then today in ROUND 3 (248 teams) of the National Cup, I out shoot my opponent 54-20 and lose 4-2 with an empty netter.

Now, for the cherry on top, I lost to an inactive soccer team 4-3! Mind you, this one is more on me, as I put in the wrong line-up, but even with the line-up I put on it should have probable still been a win. Idiot move, put in line-up A (my friendly line up) when I wanted line-up B (my second team) and line-up A had players playing out of position because of a transfer... Just a terrible string of decisions by me today...

I did something to PPM to anger them, I don't know what it was, but I hope these 3 losses are enough to atone for what I did....
Oh man. I've had those days before, but that one is RIGHT up there with one of the worst I've seen. On the bright side you should climb back up the standings since I have a tough few games lined up. If you can hold that over the end of the season I suspect you'll be ChL bound. Even if you're not, you did dandy well in the NC.

At least the Cowballs won!

Old
12-10-2013, 07:01 PM
tujague

He did "dandy well"? Is that some new way to talk?

Quote:
I could certainly use him, especially since my primary goalkeeper is still injured for nearly 2 more weeks. The downside is, I'm cheap when it comes to the roster and he might go for more than I'd pay.
Let me know what time you want him fired

And what day as well. How long are fired players put on the market? 6 or 7 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytihu View Post
I'm playing my backups on High as a compromise.
I don't think this is going to help. Try again, please.

And that's exactly what I'm doing I just started my very first Handball camp. I didn't think they would benefit my crappy players in my crappy facilities enough last season to bother with. I wasn't going to run them this season either, but I'm locked into second, so why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by old time hockey4 View Post
sadness deleted
I almost had a bad day in soccer, too. Almost I tried to use my backups, but my 2nd string goalie is injured for one more day. I forgot to set him to play anyway, so they put a 20yo side defender into my goal for me. Even though my actual starting goalie was sitting right there on the bench. I mean, I would have hated losing the energy if the starter was used, but why the eff wouldn't he be put in there?

I still managed to get a 2-1 win as the defender stopped one of the two shots on goal that he faced. That was against one of the worst teams in the league. It would have Sucked

Closed Thread