HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager #10 - Basketball starts in 6 months?

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2013, 03:01 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Sold my 251 OR forward for 25M today. Yes, in handball. Yes, i know right?! I'm maybe starting to not regret putting him on the market Though i'll get 3.25M less due to "taxes". Damn those greedy polititians!
Wonder what tujague got... I highly doubt my 204 OR 39AQ player would fetch anything.

Old
09-12-2013, 03:05 PM
tescosamoa

I took the General sponsor: 4*
Contract worth: 79,514,000
Weekly donation: 4,969,625

rejected the media deal. As it stands right now I will have enough cash to do the following next season
TR8 to TR10 , RF7 to RF9 , HR8 to HR10 and SA9 SA10 So that's the plan. Then in Season 3 save up for the first full triple. Which will take 5 seasons to payback

Old
09-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Emerald76

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Did you reject it or just not accept it? If you haven't rejected it yet then accepted it! It'll be higher than your future offers @ zero capacity.
Yep - definitely rejected alright!!

Old
09-12-2013, 03:17 PM
tescosamoa

A 291 with AQ97 went for 18m

Old
09-12-2013, 04:26 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Normally I would see this and immediately put some of my own backups in and maybe play on Low or VL. And I'd promptly lose. But I'm doing my best to not screw the pooch like I have in recent seasons. So you'll get the regular lineup/tactics. I'm sure I'll still lose
Heh, I played 7 Back-ups on VL....you go N-H and don't score the go-ahead goal until the 80th. You're team really does like to mess around. But you get the win, Fakeballers lose, I'm on track for the CwC.

But of course one of the 4 starters I left in the line-up managed to pick up his 2nd red card of the season.

Old
09-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Emerald76

I just threw 12 guys onto the transfer list in hockey.
4 NT players included.

All with a starting price of 10,000!!

~
Goalkeepers
Augustus Clare - 544OR 84/96/92
Damon Fullerton - 451OR 73/77/84
~
Defenders
Burkhart Cristoffel - Right Def - 1552OR
Darius Moga - Right Def - 1454OR
Ben Hennessey - Left Def - 1416OR - 21yo - NT Player
Vratislav Tovarys - Right Def - 1164OR - 19yo - 99/99/81/72
~
Wingers
Dermot O'Toole - Left Wing - 1524OR - NT Player
Radek Kostlan - Left Wing - 1402 - 86/93/91/79/92
Stephen Comerford - U Wing - 1183OR - 19yo - NT Player
Valentino Ljubicic - U Wing - 953OR - 18yo - NT Player - 98/99/92/94/86
Karol Hubinsky - Right Wing - 881OR - 18yo - 97/86/71/86
~
Center
Juraj Hasul - Left Cen - 1589OR - 88/75/89/89

Old
09-12-2013, 05:02 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
I just threw 12 guys onto the transfer list in hockey.
4 NT players included.

All with a starting price of 10,000!!

~
Goalkeepers
Augustus Clare - 544OR 84/96/92
Damon Fullerton - 451OR 73/77/84
~
Defenders
Burkhart Cristoffel - Right Def - 1552OR
Darius Moga - Right Def - 1454OR
Ben Hennessey - Left Def - 1416OR - 21yo - NT Player
Vratislav Tovarys - Right Def - 1164OR - 19yo - 99/99/81/72
~
Wingers
Dermot O'Toole - Left Wing - 1524OR - NT Player
Radek Kostlan - Left Wing - 1402 - 86/93/91/79/92
Stephen Comerford - U Wing - 1183OR - 19yo - NT Player
Valentino Ljubicic - U Wing - 953OR - 18yo - NT Player - 98/99/92/94/86
Karol Hubinsky - Right Wing - 881OR - 18yo - 97/86/71/86
~
Center
Juraj Hasul - Left Cen - 1589OR - 88/75/89/89
Why the sale? You don't possibly need money. Or looking to boost the bang for a big splash or two?

Old
09-12-2013, 05:03 PM
tujague

suprvilce, nice payday on the player sale. Now I wish I had just put my guy on the market. I put him For Sale, not on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Heh, I played 7 Back-ups on VL....you go N-H and don't score the go-ahead goal until the 80th. You're team really does like to mess around. But you get the win, Fakeballers lose, I'm on track for the CwC.

But of course one of the 4 starters I left in the line-up managed to pick up his 2nd red card of the season.
That's my team all over again. It either ends in a blowout (those almost always go my way) or the other team scores an early goal and I'm forever trying to tie it or get the winner.

I think it has to do with McCready's sub-par season. I was expecting him to remain a goal per game player, but he's dropped to 0.71 per. And that's up from where he was earlier in the season. I honestly can't believe he's 4th in the league in scoring. And my team is tied for 3rd most goals!?! 16 goals from my Mids and 18(!) from the dmen. What? 18 goals from dmen seems obscene. It is. Last season it was 12 goals for the Mids and only 7 for the dmen. It's been a weird season that's for sure.

I'm just glad to get the win and move into 4th place. Amazing turnaround in the last week or so sees us gain 9 points on the Fakeballers. Hopefully I can hang on. Although I think he has a much easier schedule.

Old
09-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Emerald76

Quote:
Why the sale? You don't possibly need money. Or looking to boost the bang for a big splash or two?
Well, I've too many players - AGAIN, and it's costing me a small fortune to keep 'em all.

I think I may dabble in the market if 1 or 2 come my way after the sales.

BTW, Tovarys was 6/6 at 17 years of age.

Old
09-12-2013, 05:13 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Wow. I am getting 20% of your media deal. Holy crap! How is that possible? Sure I'm 10 OTR below you but we have equal stadiums and both are in div2.

Edit: I'm reading offers were adjusted in the morning CET time. My media is now 376k/week.
The 50k difference might be because I promoted? Plus the 10 OTR and managers (not sure if you have any or not), and it sounds about right. Is your HR level 7?

I'm now all but guaranteed to get at least 4th in soccer. If I win on Sunday, I'll probably get 3rd. Hmm. . . Just looked, and it's apparently possible for me to finish 1st in the league. Highly, highly unlikely, but still possible.

Old
09-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
Are you planning anymore player upgrades this season or next? I worry about you falling too far behind the Coronas. We need at least two of you up there so we don't end up in a Leggmann situation.

Have you, the Coronas, or the Betamax run camps recently? The league news is filled up with my referrals, so I can't tell. (Nevermind. I just checked. I was also 25 OTS behind at the beginning of the season.) You two are at 168 & 161, while I'm tied for 3rd with the High Headerz at 143. I guess the Betamax used a weaker lineup in his last game. No way he dropped to 136.
I'm looking to upgrade at LM specifically. Other positions would be considered as well if the upgrade was substantial. I'll have four RFAs next season, so I need to factor that into my financial planning.

I did my camps the first two weeks of the season as an experiment. I'm not sure about the other teams. The Betamax may be saving energy for the ChL (something Corona will not have to worry about - again).

Old
09-13-2013, 08:43 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I'm looking to upgrade at LM specifically. Other positions would be considered as well if the upgrade was substantial. I'll have four RFAs next season, so I need to factor that into my financial planning.

I did my camps the first two weeks of the season as an experiment. I'm not sure about the other teams. The Betamax may be saving energy for the ChL (something Corona will not have to worry about - again).
Check out my LM who I'll be selling in 2-3 weeks.

Old
09-13-2013, 11:00 AM
canucks357

Prelim data from soccer research. Numbers do not include impact of staff.

Old
09-13-2013, 06:20 PM
tujague

Quote:

You've got UFAs coming up? Man, you're a lot older than I am. I have five 23yos, but McCready is probably the only one I'd need to keep. Backup goalie is 24yo. I'll keep him if he's cheap and replace if not. I should probably replace him anyway.

Why isn't Simic getting any playing time?

And I imagine you as a Bond villain when you say that last line about the Coronas

Old
09-14-2013, 04:26 AM
redcard

Latest pull in soccer is a goalie, scouted Q's at 89/90/94/85/72. Been 3 seasons since I pulled a player with the relevant Q's that strong.

Old
09-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
Check out my LM who I'll be selling in 2-3 weeks.
I'll keep him in mind, but I'm looking for more OR (at the same, or younger, age) in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Latest pull in soccer is a goalie, scouted Q's at 89/90/94/85/72. Been 3 seasons since I pulled a player with the relevant Q's that strong.
Very nice!

Old
09-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
You've got UFAs coming up? Man, you're a lot older than I am. I have five 23yos, but McCready is probably the only one I'd need to keep. Backup goalie is 24yo. I'll keep him if he's cheap and replace if not. I should probably replace him anyway.
RFAs.

I have four 25-year olds. Sandy Bragg (CF) and Max Mark (RM) are most likely going to stay. Charles Seay (LM) is currently a starter, but will hopefully be replaced before he hits RFA. Erik Cheney (G) is currently a backup, but the third stringer will (probably) not surpass him before he hits RFA.

I have a trio of 24-year olds that include my top CD, my top SD, and my second best CM (5th highest OR on the team). They'll all expected to be starters next year. Which means I'll be putting off the decision to keep or sell until they hit RFA (with the possibility of a sign-and-sell).

Quote:
Why isn't Simic getting any playing time?
Simic will get some more playing time as my top 3 CDs (IGR-wise) get lower on energy. I have shuffled him into a few games that I thought I'd be able to win with a few backups playing. He's pretty close to being named a starter for next season. Once my place in the standings this season is guaranteed, I'll re-evaluate the starters and what positions I need to upgrade. In the end, he should probably be getting more playing time now.

Quote:
And I imagine you as a Bond villain when you say that last line about the Coronas
The Boilermakers/Coronas rivalry has gone my way so far this year. I won the NC and will finish higher in the ChL. There's a strong possibility that I'll need to win out in the league to take home that trophy. That includes a trip to Corona-ville in the last week of the season. Perhaps you or the Betamax will be able to help me out with an upset over Corona. You and the Betamax happen to be responsible for my two losses (both while I had camps going).

Old
09-14-2013, 07:50 AM
tescosamoa

Won my first Credit Tourney in handball. Had to beat Cataclysm to clinch the title. Up 4 points on 2nd place and one game to go. A nice 38-22 beating too boot... The academy was good again. Picked up a nice 5/6 RB with 219 and 70AVG That is 2 players this week above 200. Still awaiting this double pull. I finally got one for the staff this week. I am now ready to take on I.1 Will have to push for a top 5 finish as the sponsors make it worth it. Looking forward to a tough season ahead. Loving handball.

Old
09-15-2013, 10:32 AM
tujague

Quote:
RFAs.

I have four 25-year olds. Sandy Bragg (CF) and Max Mark (RM) are most likely going to stay. Charles Seay (LM) is currently a starter, but will hopefully be replaced before he hits RFA. Erik Cheney (G) is currently a backup, but the third stringer will (probably) not surpass him before he hits RFA.

I have a trio of 24-year olds that include my top CD, my top SD, and my second best CM (5th highest OR on the team). They'll all expected to be starters next year. Which means I'll be putting off the decision to keep or sell until they hit RFA (with the possibility of a sign-and-sell).
Man, your team is old. I guess that's why you're so far ahead of me. You picked much better players years ago. Players who could help you for much longer than what I had. Whereas I've had to replace my guys over the last few seasons. And I went younger. And I went cheaper because I had a bit less money. Hopefully I haven't screwed this up again.

Quote:
In the end, he (Simic) should probably be getting more playing time now.
Yes, he should. If I can get away with playing Strickland at CD (10 games with 1139 OR), then you can certainly play the better Simic. There's only a few teams in the league who can give you any sort of trouble.

Quote:
The Boilermakers/Coronas rivalry has gone my way so far this year. I won the NC and will finish higher in the ChL. There's a strong possibility that I'll need to win out in the league to take home that trophy. That includes a trip to Corona-ville in the last week of the season. Perhaps you or the Betamax will be able to help me out with an upset over Corona. You and the Betamax happen to be responsible for my two losses (both while I had camps going).
I'm going all out against the Coronas next time. That's a home game for me. Any pointers?

Old
09-15-2013, 02:37 PM
suprvilce

One of my former hockey pulls is on the market now, Žan Žuraj (on most expensive list atm), too bad he didn't go to a team with top facilities like i hoped, he is 18 and 770 OR along with 6/6. I bet you're regretting now that you didn't buy him

edit: made a purchase worth 24 250 800 today in hanball, kind of a wash with the player i sold, but this one seems to have good Qs even though he is only 230 OR. W'll have him scouted in 4 days. We all know he will drop to 5/6 tomorrow but still. I think my team needed to make a bold move which could either pay big or, in the worst case, i can sell him at 19 5/6 for big cash (assuming his Qs don't drop too much).

Now that he joined my team his Qs seem rather worse, especially his FiP and shot (69 and 75), i'll train him passing and then see if i want to turn him into a goalie, his unscouted goalie Q is 85.

Last edited by suprvilce: 09-15-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old
09-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Man, your team is old. I guess that's why you're so far ahead of me. You picked much better players years ago. Players who could help you for much longer than what I had. Whereas I've had to replace my guys over the last few seasons. And I went younger. And I went cheaper because I had a bit less money. Hopefully I haven't screwed this up again.
We'll see how it works out, but for next season I expect to be able to hold onto the RFAs that I want to keep.

You're up to 47 players now? I'm not much better off at 44 (including today's goalkeeper prospect purchase), but the daily fees for having that many players is rough. Fees plus player salaries is back over 3M a day for me.

It looks like my players are, on average, 0.2 years older with 0.1 less CL. Not as big of a difference as I had imagined when I saw how many prospects you had.

Quote:
Yes, he should. If I can get away with playing Strickland at CD (10 games with 1139 OR), then you can certainly play the better Simic. There's only a few teams in the league who can give you any sort of trouble.
I inserted him into today's line-up. He posted a 32 IGR (lowest on the team) and scored a goal in a 6-0 win. Sandy Bragg had a hat-trick and did not get player of the match...

Quote:
I'm going all out against the Coronas next time. That's a home game for me. Any pointers?
Aim for the back of the net and play VH.

Old
09-15-2013, 08:28 PM
tujague

Quote:
We'll see how it works out, but for next season I expect to be able to hold onto the RFAs that I want to keep.

You're up to 47 players now? I'm not much better off at 44 (including today's goalkeeper prospect purchase), but the daily fees for having that many players is rough. Fees plus player salaries is back over 3M a day for me.
I need to get my **** together with regards to the players. Again. I keep pulling these crappy players and keeping them. For no reason! They'll never sell for enough to make up for the fees.

Good luck holding onto your RFAs.

Quote:
It looks like my players are, on average, 0.2 years older with 0.1 less CL. Not as big of a difference as I had imagined when I saw how many prospects you had.
You're older on the top end. That gets hidden when it's spread out over 45 players.

Quote:
I inserted him into today's line-up. He posted a 32 IGR (lowest on the team) and scored a goal in a 6-0 win. Sandy Bragg had a hat-trick and did not get player of the match...
Low for your team, but still better than probably all but a handful of dmen in the league at this point of the season. And he'll jump up pretty quickly as he gains chem. I wouldn't use him against the Coronas or Betamax, but everyone else is fair game. Unless you know they're going to play on High+.

Sandy Bragg is on a ridiculous run the last two years. He's just sick. More so because he isn't a super stud type of player. He's actually below average for even my team. You'll never have a 25yo with 1300 OR again in your career. The beast.

Quote:
Aim for the back of the net and play VH.
Damn. Is that how you're doing it? I've been trying to get corner kicks all these years. Would this strategy work in hockey as well?

Old
09-16-2013, 08:31 AM
tescosamoa

Crazy game. Never won like that before.

Old
09-16-2013, 11:23 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Finally built my roster spreadsheet for handball- and my adjusted qualities are bad...very very bad. Time for this lvl 7 SA to start pumping out talent or I'll be dropping down before long.

Old
09-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
I need to get my **** together with regards to the players. Again. I keep pulling these crappy players and keeping them. For no reason! They'll never sell for enough to make up for the fees.

Good luck holding onto your RFAs.

You're older on the top end. That gets hidden when it's spread out over 45 players.
I know the feeling when accepting borderline pulls and then holding onto them for way too long and not selling them for enough to cover the fees. There's been some other teams that have done a much worse job of this than me or you.

As for the RFAs, thanks. Of my four 25-year olds, only one doesn't have a replacement on the roster. I could theoretically sell off some established stars and allow some younger talent to start full-time. I have some very good players on my bench.

Quote:
Low for your team, but still better than probably all but a handful of dmen in the league at this point of the season. And he'll jump up pretty quickly as he gains chem. I wouldn't use him against the Coronas or Betamax, but everyone else is fair game. Unless you know they're going to play on High+.

Sandy Bragg is on a ridiculous run the last two years. He's just sick. More so because he isn't a super stud type of player. He's actually below average for even my team. You'll never have a 25yo with 1300 OR again in your career. The beast.
As best I can tell, Bragg's success is due to a combination of the following:
1) Experience
2) Luck
3) My team's system/tactics

By #3, I'm partly referring to him teaming up with Mark and Taganovich. Mark does not put up good numbers for his OR, but I like to think his shooting attribute helps Bragg somehow.

Quote:
Damn. Is that how you're doing it? I've been trying to get corner kicks all these years. Would this strategy work in hockey as well?
In soccer (and I may end up posting something related to this on the NT forum), I concern myself less with goals and more with winning possession and having more shots on target. If I win those, then I can attribute a loss (or in some cases, a tie) to bad luck. It would be different if my players had lower shooting attributes.

Closed Thread