HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

2013-14 Out of Town Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-21-2013, 11:34 PM
  #76
Odie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
Whew, Vancouver has not looked good this preseason.

Odie is offline  
Old
09-21-2013, 11:49 PM
  #77
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You can stop your conspiracy theory. I often visit your board with not a whole lot of bad intentions in it. 2 things though....you don't know that, but I'm not Price biggest fan....even known as a Hater in Habs board. And why I visited the out of town board at that time was because the game had just ended...hence the post of your Bruins fan, and mine right after....
Hey man, you are my favorite Habs poster by a million.

I was just having some fun. You should see how fast your fellow fans swoop in here when a random post says something negative about your team though. It is remarkable.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
09-21-2013, 11:56 PM
  #78
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 32,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti View Post
Weiss just gave Hall a nasty headshot. Second time the Canucks have targeted Hall.
Weiss plays for DET, I'm assuming you mean Dale Weise?

GloryDaze4877 is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 06:08 AM
  #79
Whitesnake
Stormbringer
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 66,752
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Hey man, you are my favorite Habs poster by a million.

I was just having some fun. You should see how fast your fellow fans swoop in here when a random post says something negative about your team though. It is remarkable.
Somehow though, I'm predicting it's like that for both teams. Pretty sure that we have our share of Bruins fans looking at our GDT when we play against you or even if we happen to suck against another team just to have fun at our expense...and that's fine. Just what a rivalry is all about. Worst thing in life is to be ignored. The day Habs fans ignore Bruins fans and vice versa, that will mean that rivalry is dead....pretty sure we don't want that to happen.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 07:56 AM
  #80
4ORRBRUIN
Registered User
 
4ORRBRUIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Country: United States
Posts: 6,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Somehow though, I'm predicting it's like that for both teams. Pretty sure that we have our share of Bruins fans looking at our GDT when we play against you or even if we happen to suck against another team just to have fun at our expense...and that's fine. Just what a rivalry is all about. Worst thing in life is to be ignored. The day Habs fans ignore Bruins fans and vice versa, that will mean that rivalry is dead....pretty sure we don't want that to happen.
God knows you don't get ignored on your board, I've seen you getting hammered over there whenever you speak to reality concerning how good you feel the Bruins are.. much respect from
this poster.


Last edited by 4ORRBRUIN: 09-22-2013 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Y
4ORRBRUIN is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:24 AM
  #81
Whitesnake
Stormbringer
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 66,752
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
God knows you don't get ignored on your board, I've seen you getting hammered over there whenever you speak to reality concerning how good you feel the Bruins are.. much respect from
this poster.
Hating the Bruins doesn't mean not being able to judge what's happening. Will always believe that with a Chara and a Bergeron, with Julien and Chiarelli on board, Bruins will always be a contender. I still hate your team a whole lot though....nothing pleases me more to see your team lose...but I'm not blind. And try to be as fair as possible even in a big rivalry like we have. But I do have to say this.....I hate the Leafs and their fans more. Not sure I'll be able to be as "fair" with them as I am with your team...

But I hope that one day, we become as complete as your team is, talent when needed, toughness when needed. We might be heading in that direction, seeing Tinordi crush those Canes yesterday was great to see for all of us. And he did fairly well against Gleason in his fight, though it's still a trait he'll need to work on. So in the end, the idea is to have the greatest mix possible. I thought you guys headed in that direction way before we did. And now we have to "respond" with Parros, and the way we drafted with McCarron and Crisp. So somehow, when you respond to somebody, you still need to realize that you portrait your game towards a model, hence the respect. Rivalry will always be there though. Nothing pleases more one fanbase when they see the other one lose. And it's not going to change. I hope it doesn't.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:31 AM
  #82
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,464
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Khudobin gets the 1st star against Montreal. Carey Price weak again.
I am happy for Khudobin. He played well here .

__________________
Winter is coming so the snowflakes will win!
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:47 AM
  #83
Yeti34
Registered User
 
Yeti34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Weiss plays for DET, I'm assuming you mean Dale Weise?
Yes that's what he meant. Brown fought him as soon as he stepped out of the box.

Yeti34 is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 01:28 PM
  #84
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Somehow though, I'm predicting it's like that for both teams. Pretty sure that we have our share of Bruins fans looking at our GDT when we play against you or even if we happen to suck against another team just to have fun at our expense...and that's fine. Just what a rivalry is all about. Worst thing in life is to be ignored. The day Habs fans ignore Bruins fans and vice versa, that will mean that rivalry is dead....pretty sure we don't want that to happen.
I'm not talking about GDTs. I mean random posts.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:01 PM
  #85
Whitesnake
Stormbringer
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 66,752
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
I'm not talking about GDTs. I mean random posts.
And again, I will also believe that it happens both ways. No need to go too far, remember the quote about McCarron on Lucic, we all know it came from our board to yours....Again, just normal, in a rivalry like ours.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:03 PM
  #86
Whitesnake
Stormbringer
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 66,752
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I am happy for Khudobin. He played well here .
What does it look like for you guys....Svedberg or Johnson???

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:14 PM
  #87
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,464
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What does it look like for you guys....Svedberg or Johnson???
I heard the original plan was Johnson but Svedberg looked good. Not sure. Maybe one of our experts will know.

How are you Whitesnake ? Nice to see you posting here.

Ladyfan is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:34 PM
  #88
Whitesnake
Stormbringer
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 66,752
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I heard the original plan was Johnson but Svedberg looked good. Not sure. Maybe one of our experts will know.

How are you Whitesnake ? Nice to see you posting here.
Doing great! Preparing for what I hope an interesting season. Visited a friend of the family this summer in South Dartmouth. Went to a private beach that she shares with a few people that lives around there...would have love to talk hockey with some of those but then she said that there weren't too many sports fans in there.....Sucks....would have love to get it going with some Bruins fans....

The idea is that one day...not sure when, I come and visit some of you and watch a Bruins-Habs game in a bar or something....and I'd assume being the only Habs fan in the place, but then...only if you guys offer me protection. Who in this Bruins board is big enough to be willing to be my bodyguard?

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 05:31 PM
  #89
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And again, I will also believe that it happens both ways. No need to go too far, remember the quote about McCarron on Lucic, we all know it came from our board to yours....Again, just normal, in a rivalry like ours.
Again, not what I'm talking about.

Nevermind. I like you.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 05:44 PM
  #90
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 22,632
vCash: 650
Weise has a phone hearing and Kassian an in-person hearing.

Heh. The "answer to Lucic" is apparently recklessly swinging your stick after completely missing a hit.

Dellstrom is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 06:31 PM
  #91
caz16
Registered User
 
caz16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 135
Really strange to see officials in the Leafs/Sabres game with cameras on their helmets.

caz16 is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:08 PM
  #92
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,464
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Doing great! Preparing for what I hope an interesting season. Visited a friend of the family this summer in South Dartmouth. Went to a private beach that she shares with a few people that lives around there...would have love to talk hockey with some of those but then she said that there weren't too many sports fans in there.....Sucks....would have love to get it going with some Bruins fans....

The idea is that one day...not sure when, I come and visit some of you and watch a Bruins-Habs game in a bar or something....and I'd assume being the only Habs fan in the place, but then...only if you guys offer me protection. Who in this Bruins board is big enough to be willing to be my bodyguard?
Well if you are coming to visit Boston you may as well come to the Garden to a game.

I will protect you at the Garden. I plan on being there for all but one home game ( I am going to Toronto to a game in Dec so I will miss one home Pens game). Looking forward to that trip. I have always wanted to see the Hockey Hall of Fame !

Ladyfan is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:26 PM
  #93
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wherever Griffith is
Country: United States
Posts: 20,680
vCash: 500
Lol John Scott went after Kessel.

BrainOfJ is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:26 PM
  #94
caz16
Registered User
 
caz16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 135
Bernier and Miller fight!

caz16 is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:30 PM
  #95
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wherever Griffith is
Country: United States
Posts: 20,680
vCash: 500
Kessel better get suspended for trying to use his stick as a ****ing lightSabre.


edit: Why does it edit to that?

BrainOfJ is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:33 PM
  #96
caz16
Registered User
 
caz16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Kessel better get suspended for trying to use his stick as a ****ing lightSabre.


edit: Why does it edit to that?
No kidding! Phil really lost it! Scott is an idiot too but we knew that.

caz16 is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:34 PM
  #97
Fire Sweeney
Registered User
 
Fire Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 23,113
vCash: 500
David Clarkson suspended 10 games

Fire Sweeney is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:39 PM
  #98
caz16
Registered User
 
caz16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 135
Clarkson left the bench too. Suspensions coming.

caz16 is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:44 PM
  #99
Odie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
The Toronto announcers are unbearable tools.

Odie is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:47 PM
  #100
bruins_19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
what caused scott to go after kessel? Normally fighters like that just dont go after a player like him for no reason. I know the Sabres werent happy with the leafs in the shootout from last nights game. I dont mind Toronto but they have the most arrogance of any team that hasnt won anything in a long time.

bruins_19 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.