HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 CBJ Training Camp Thread (9/11-10/3)

Old
09-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

vCash: 500
i don't believe the savard has played in 7 straight games...i don't feel he was in lineup on Monday...

edit: just double checked and he was NOT playing on 9/23 the 6th preseason game...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 07:51 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i don't believe the savard has played in 7 straight games...i don't feel he was in lineup on Monday...

edit: just double checked and he was NOT playing on 9/23 the 6th preseason game...
Maybe you could hire on as Porty's editor?

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Maybe you could hire on as Porty's editor?
HA! it was one of the two games i've been to...and i've been a fan of savard...only reason i noticed...not like a buddy of mine who never remembers that Erixon is on this team and every game during warmups goes "Who's 20?"

Old
09-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

So Sunday is the last day someone can go on waivers in order to be cap compliant by Monday. Sounds like the roster will pretty much be set this weekend. Lots of guys and lots of teams putting people on waivers this weekend.

While we have some wiggle room due to Horton going on LTIR to start the season, We'll still need to get down to the roster limit soon.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 02:48 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2m

RT @JMYelinek: @Aportzline do you think Murray makes CBJ to start or Springy? // Almost certain he starts w CBJ.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 09:04 PM
leesmith
Still in.

So Meilart down. Murray and Jenner up.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

So I know hindsight is 20/20 but we all know Todd Richards said at the start of camp the regulars would get a lot if playing time. It now seems a large chunk of regulars are injured? Were pushed too hard to start after their offseason programs? It seems like lots of hamstring and groin issues.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:31 PM
JrussJacket

I find it curious that Savard played so many more games then Goloubef. I really think Savard is the odd man out, maybe they wanted to show him off hoping he gets picked up and Goloubef doesn't? I'm sure they were also trying to get a good look at Savard themselves to see how much improved..I just don't think it was enough.

JrussJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

Seems weird that we have such a large gap between our last preseason game and the opener. I don't think any other team has one this long. Hopefully, they can use it well, but I'm not sure it's ideal.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 12:48 AM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Seems weird that we have such a large gap between our last preseason game and the opener. I don't think any other team has one this long. Hopefully, they can use it well, but I'm not sure it's ideal.
I don't think it'll be an issue. Particularly in the playoffs, people are always mentioning the layoffs or the quick turn arounds between series for teams. I've never been a believer in it personally. Great teams come to play, no matter what day or time. It's what separates them from the pack.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 06:49 AM
EspenK

Depending on confirmation from Fro, Bob finished pre-season with a .925 save % and a 2.13 GAA. Would take that for the season and be happy.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...ers/index.html

Old
09-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Depending on confirmation from Fro, Bob finished pre-season with a .925 save % and a 2.13 GAA. Would take that for the season and be happy.

huh?

edit...nevermind...too early for brain function on a vacation day!

Old
09-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:

And...

Quote:
The Blue Jackets' roster must be settled by Oct. 1, which means a deadline of Monday noon for waivers. Richards acknowledged that the toughest calls are on the back end, where six spots appear settled (Jack Johnson, Fedor Tyutin, Nikitin, Dalton Prout, James Wisniewski and Ryan Murray) and the battle for No. 7 is fierce. Tim Erixon, Cody Goloubef, David Savard, Ilari Melart and Will Weber are in the mix. Goloubef and Savard would need to clear waivers in order to be sent to Springfield.
Haven't been paying enough attention. How much game time has Prout seen? There's been talk of keeping eight - seems like a good idea, at least at the start.

Expected Erixon to be a for-sure. Anyone with thoughts? I know Savard has had a good preseason.

Old
09-27-2013, 08:16 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
And...

Haven't been paying enough attention. How much game time has Prout seen? There's been talk of keeping eight - seems like a good idea, at least at the start.

Expected Erixon to be a for-sure. Anyone with thoughts? I know Savard has had a good preseason.
The only reason I can imagine for keeping Savard over Erixon is to avoid the waiver issue. Keeping 8 is okay but then you'd have 2 guys sitting out every game. Maybe Prout goes down for a conditioning stint but sooner or later the waiver issue (if it is an issue)will have to be faced. Or maybe a trade is being kicked around? We'll know soon.

Old
09-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Rookie User

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
So I know hindsight is 20/20 but we all know Todd Richards said at the start of camp the regulars would get a lot if playing time. It now seems a large chunk of regulars are injured? Were pushed too hard to start after their offseason programs? It seems like lots of hamstring and groin issues.
I'd say 5 games for a veteran is too many, (and while I'm too lazy to look it up, I don't think most of the veterans ended up playing more than 3-4 games)

I don't think the injury problems are all that bad. It sounds like only Boll is going to actually miss regular season games.

09-27-2013, 01:35 PM
EspenK

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...d-edition.html

Porty's latest take on who's in who's out. He thinks Erixon is in but mentions that organization doesn't want to lose Savard/Golo.

Says Skille is probably 13 F until Boll comes back, either Chaput 0r Craig if MacKenzie can't go.

Old
09-27-2013, 02:54 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I don't think it'll be an issue. Particularly in the playoffs, people are always mentioning the layoffs or the quick turn arounds between series for teams. I've never been a believer in it personally. Great teams come to play, no matter what day or time. It's what separates them from the pack.
My issue is that we seemed to play more games in a shorter period of time. 1, that could lead to injuries in the preaseason. 2, that leaves less time between games to work on things from the previous game.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 02:56 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
And...

I still think we should trade Nikitin and play Erixon. Maybe I like him too much, but I just think he should be one of our top 6.

Old
09-27-2013, 02:58 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...d-edition.html

Porty's latest take on who's in who's out. He thinks Erixon is in but mentions that organization doesn't want to lose Savard/Golo.

Says Skille is probably 13 F until Boll comes back, either Chaput 0r Craig if MacKenzie can't go.
I'd rather they just keep the best players and not worry about that. If it was someone like Murray, then yeah, you do what you can to not lose a player that good, but that isn't the case. We have other good defensemen making their way up and can acquire someone if we have too. Play your best team in the games that count.

Old
09-27-2013, 03:40 PM
neelynugs

sorry if it's been covered already, but what's the deal with the backup spot? smith or mckenna, which guy do you think has the inside track? assuming mcelhinney isn't ready, that is.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Rookie User

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
sorry if it's been covered already, but what's the deal with the backup spot? smith or mckenna, which guy do you think has the inside track? assuming mcelhinney isn't ready, that is.
Too close to call.

But it sounds like McElhinney will be ready.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 08:14 PM
leesmith
Still in.

I like Smith's performance better in the preseason.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Gotta think we'll trade Goloubef or Savard; or deal someone like Nikitin to keep them. Even if it's for a late round pick, I think you have to land something when you're talking about losing a prospect.

Things could be worse though ... Toronto is up against it big time, with the suspension to Clarkson, there is a chance that they start the season with just 11 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies. No reserves, and a forward short...

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:13 AM
Finnpin

Melart still up? but expected to go down?

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Melart still up? but expected to go down?
Probably AHL bound. Will he go down and be a call up or will he go back to Europe?

Jovavic is online now   Reply With Quote