HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.

Two MnJHL Players Arrested For Heroin Possession

Old
03-21-2014, 04:45 PM
JB51Hockey

vCash: 323
Two MnJHL Players Arrested For Heroin Possession

Members of the Illiana Blackbirds

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=24243
http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=82007

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 04:57 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Shame to hear. Going to be a mess with the USCIS involved as well even if the charges are dropped.

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limitations of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 02:53 AM
petejudge

vCash: 500
We wanted to avoid naming names at JuniorHockey until the dust settled a bit and USA Hockey made a statement, but good on TJHN for being upfront about it. I understand that kids make mistakes but this is above and beyond. You've got to be naive to think some of these kids aren't smoking pot and drinking underage, or using legal "alternatives". At some point the coaching staff HAS to step in though. One look at Chad Miller's twitter and you can tell the kid's arrogant and feels he's above the law, even when called out by other MNJHL players. Pretty horrible situation if you ask me.

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2014, 01:23 AM
emmett555
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Miller & Shipunov should have been DEPORTED

Both players (Miller & Shipunov) should have been suspended for the entire season + playoffs, if not longer. The truth is, if they got caught once, just imagine how many times they didn't get caught! Miller is coach Simpson's nephew so that explains the light discipline. Where's the obligation on the management's part to report it to the league? They should have been deported. It is a privilege to enter the USA, play Jr. Hockey, and these two obviously didn't care. I also agree Miller was very arrogant in his twitter responses, and he shows absolutely no remorse. Miller has run out of eligibility anyway, so I doubt the US will allow him re-entry. Now he can go drinking every night at the Fiddle in PLAP, Manitoba with his buddies & talk about the old times playing hockey, and drink every night, as per status-quo.

However, I hope this is a wake-up and he gets sober and leads a productive life.

As for Konstantin, hope he takes it seriously + gets sober.

emmett555 is offline   Reply With Quote