Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Quebec Midget AAA Regular Season Thread

Old
09-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Canadiens1958

vCash: 500
2013-14 Quebec Midget AAA Regular Season Thread

2013-14 season starts this weekend. A chance to discuss the games, chart progress during the regular season and news as it happens.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 10:46 AM
CRRhockey

Lac St. Lions Midget AAA

Well I have been following the pre season and watched the game opener last night. Based on what I have seen I think the decision not to take Moreau and even Theodore will come back to bite the coaches. Most impressive players on the ice have been first years, notably Broshett as centre who is the only kid scoring and sets up nice plays and Campoli who looked like the strongest D so far. They need offensive power which Moreau would have definitely have helped to provide. The returning players are killing the team with stupid and often selfish penalties. Still early but think it could be a hard season for Goyens.

Last edited by Canadiens1958: 09-07-2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: post moved to regular season thread
CRRhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 04:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

They won't have a hard season.

But Sylvestre, Theodore and Moreau should be there.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Cedream

Went seeing St-Eustache vs Lac St-louis this afternoon. Ty Fournier (VIC) and Roy (BLB) were the two best player on the ice.

Campoli did fine, but i was expecting more from what ive heard. But the season is still young

Cedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Rekus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedream View Post
Went seeing St-Eustache vs Lac St-louis this afternoon. Ty Fournier (VIC) and Roy (BLB) were the two best player on the ice.

Campoli did fine, but i was expecting more from what ive heard. But the season is still young
Keep in mind that Campoli is a first year kid and is playing like he's been there for a seaon already. He's on the first pairing most of the time and is getting PP and PK minutes. They have also been playing 5 d for the first 2 games. The kid is in great shape and can eat minutes up.

Rekus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Cedream

Quote:
Originally Posted by proam16 View Post
Keep in mind that Campoli is a first year kid and is playing like he's been there for a seaon already. He's on the first pairing most of the time and is getting PP and PK minutes. They have also been playing 5 d for the first 2 games. The kid is in great shape and can eat minutes up.
Ya exactly!

Cedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Rekus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedream View Post
Ya exactly!
I guess you are looking only at the score sheet.

The other side of that is that the team has only let in 3 goals in 2 games, with 2 of the goals coming shorthanded.

One D on that team tends to hang on to the puck longer than necessary to the detriment of the PP and other situations.

Old
09-09-2013, 07:08 PM
hab 4ever

D Samuel Girard, a great prospect though undersized, had 5 assists in his first 2 games. Simply amazing on the PP

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Rekus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
D Samuel Girard, a great prospect though undersized, had 5 assists in his first 2 games. Simply amazing on the PP
Did his team win those 2 games?

Old
09-09-2013, 09:36 PM
RBZ

Quote:
Did his team win those 2 games?
They lost both games but I would project him as being a top 3 pick overall in the Q next year. He is small but skates like the wind and can give and take hits. Saw him play 5 times last year.....controlled every game.

RBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBZ View Post
They lost both games but I would project him as being a top 3 pick overall in the Q next year. He is small but skates like the wind and can give and take hits. Saw him play 5 times last year.....controlled every game.
One of the better D in upcoming draft. He was the best all around D at the U16 camp in Boisbriand.

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 10:05 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
One of the better D in upcoming draft. He was the best all around D at the U16 camp in Boisbriand.
Check your emails/PM.

Old
09-10-2013, 01:41 AM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBZ View Post
Yup lost both games but played them again Collège Notre-Dame which I see as pretty much on par with LSL and CEB this year. CND also has 6 1998 forwards, several of whom should go in the top 3 or 4 rounds in the next Q draft.

Girard has two elite skills: amazing skating (speed and fluidity) and off the charts hockey IQ (in all three zones). I did not expect him to be so efficient in his own zone until I saw him play. His D awareness also shone at the All-State game.

Midget AAA has him at 5'7" though the AllState lineup had him at 5'9". MAAA usually updates height and weight around Christmas but we'll see. Lots of time to grow anyway. Pat Brisson became his agent this summer which means a) he won't go to any Q team b) I guess Brisson feels size won't impede him from developing into a legit NHL prospect

Old
09-10-2013, 07:02 AM
CRRhockey

Quote:
Yup lost both games but played them again Collège Notre-Dame which I see as pretty much on par with LSL and CEB this year. CND also has 6 1998 forwards, several of whom should go in the top 3 or 4 rounds in the next Q draft.

Girard has two elite skills: amazing skating (speed and fluidity) and off the charts hockey IQ (in all three zones). I did not expect him to be so efficient in his own zone until I saw him play. His D awareness also shone at the All-State game.

Midget AAA has him at 5'7" though the AllState lineup had him at 5'9". MAAA usually updates height and weight around Christmas but we'll see. Lots of time to grow anyway. Pat Brisson became his agent this summer which means a) he won't go to any Q team b) I guess Brisson feels size won't impede him from developing into a legit NHL prospect
Brisson is also Campoli's agent and The Hockey News had done an article on Campoli and Clague being so young when they were pursued by agents etc. it was in the October 1, 2012 issue. Campoli is 6'3.

Old
09-10-2013, 08:16 AM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRRhockey View Post
Brisson is also Campoli's agent and The Hockey News had done an article on Campoli and Clague being so young when they were pursued by agents etc. it was in the October 1, 2012 issue. Campoli is 6'3.
Yup. Campoli definitely has the size advantage. He is also a more intimidating/physical presence but Girard does many things better than him too. This should be a race to the wire in terms of which one is the first D selected in the Q draft. Both great prospects.

Old
09-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Rekus

Quote:
Yup. Campoli definitely has the size advantage. He is also a more intimidating/physical presence but Girard does many things better than him too. This should be a race to the wire in terms of which one is the first D selected in the Q draft. Both great prospects.
I agree.

Are there any up and coming 97's that could go high this year but were not drafted last year?

Old
09-10-2013, 09:54 AM
CRRhockey

Quote:
Both are great players but they have very different styles, so I guess ultimately it will come down to what teams are looking for, but with Campoli's size advantage makes him the front runner.

Old
09-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Canadiens1958

Trend

Quote:
I agree.

Are there any up and coming 97's that could go high this year but were not drafted last year?
Trend is to 1998's for the 2014 Q draft. Only two 1996's were drifted in the 2013 first round out of 17, 36 out of 38 first two rounds.

http://theqmjhl.ca/draft/fullDraft

Teams want the extra year of eligibility at the Q level.

Old
09-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRRhockey View Post
Both are great players but they have very different styles, so I guess ultimately it will come down to what teams are looking for, but with Campoli's size advantage makes him the front runner.
True, some want Hal Gill and others want Brian Campbell.

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2013, 06:46 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Campoli will likely follow in the footsteps of Mike Matheson.

Old
09-10-2013, 06:56 PM
CRRhockey

I am not a scout - but i have seen Campoli play. He is good in all areas of the ice and he brings a bit a mean streak too - which is good to see in defenceman. I have read some recent posts on him by Scoutman and he has him ranked high for the upcoming draft.

Craig Button also did a highlight on him at the All-Canadian game saying that he will be a top prospect in his NHL draft year.

Old
09-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Canadiens1958

Ushl/ncaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Campoli will likely follow in the footsteps of Mike Matheson.
Suggesting Dubuque then University of Denver?

Old
09-10-2013, 07:02 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Suggesting Dubuque then University of Denver?
US college route.

Matheson was at BC.

Old
09-10-2013, 07:08 PM
CRRhockey

Quote:
US college route.

Matheson was at BC.
Well, they are both from Pointe Claire. Both played for Hockey West island and both played for LSL MD AAA Lions - Campoli is in his first season with the Lions. So far they are on the exact same path - right down to same first name. But I do not think Campoli has made a decision yet which path he will take. Too early.

Old
09-10-2013, 07:09 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
US college route.

Matheson was at BC.
You sure? The last few years have been so good in the Q, it ain't nothing like 3-5 years ago. I mean top prospects will still choose their teams and all but pull a Matheson or Leblanc?