HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers and Lundqvist discussing extension

Old
09-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Rangers and Lundqvist discussing extension

https://twitter.com/cotsonika/status/376048570106785792

Quote:
Lundqvist said his agent and Rangers are talking about an extension, trying to get it done before the season, but we'll see.
Couldn't find a better prefix than ''other''. Not a signing yet, not a rumor or speculation.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
https://twitter.com/cotsonika/status/376048570106785792

Couldn't find a better prefix than ''other''. Not a signing yet, not a rumor or speculation.
Im petrified. If Crawford got 6 and Rask got 7, Lundqvist will certainly get at least 7.75-8.0. Truth be told if he got 7.75 I would be ecstatic because I truly believe he will get around 8.3-8.5

09-06-2013, 01:44 PM
blinkman360
Norris

vCash: 500
NOOOOO!! What the H are you doing Hank? You're supposed to finish the season and then decide that you want to move over to Brooklyn... how hard is that?

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Machinehead
Mochonohod

vCash: 50
Hank has made it very clear that -for some strange reason- all he wants to do is stay in New York, and "win" here, like that ever happens. So I wouldn't be surprised if this gets done.

die fabelhafte linken Flügel (:
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 01:45 PM
B4NND1T*

If I were Lundqvist, I would sign with PIT for 1 year at a low caphit, chase the cup and then move back to NY but with the islanders, the team with the better future

B4NND1T* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Machinehead
Mochonohod

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4NND1T View Post
If I were Lundqvist, I would sign with PIT for 1 year at a low caphit, chase the cup and then move back to NY but with the islanders, the team with the better future
At that point he'd be despised in New York and may as well stay in Pittsburgh.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 02:03 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4NND1T View Post
Better future? How so?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 02:20 PM
BudMovin*

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
At that point he'd be despised in New York and may as well stay in Pittsburgh.
Dunno how you could despise something so beautiful.

Old
09-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Better future? How so?
You see, the Islanders have a top flight young center in Tavares, and the top goalie in the league in Lundqvist, who are both better than anyone on the Rangers.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Killem Dafoe
waf fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
Dunno how you could despise something so beautiful.
This man has a very valid point.

Good news on the contract discussions though. Lock him up.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
You see, the Islanders have a top flight young center in Tavares, and the top goalie in the league in Lundqvist, who are both better than anyone on the Rangers.
I think Lundqvist can challenge Lundqvist for the best goalie between the two teams.

Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 02:54 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
You see, one player doesn't win championships, in fact, two don't.

There's this thing called depth, of which the Rangers have far more than the islanders.

Specifically on defense.

Staal
McDonagh
Girardi
Del Zotto
Moore
Stralman
McIlrath

I wouldn't mind playing behind that for 6-8 more years.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
You see, one player doesn't win championships, in fact, two don't.

There's this thing called depth, of which the Rangers have far more than the islanders.

Specifically on defense.

Staal
McDonagh
Girardi
Del Zotto
Moore
Stralman
McIlrath

I wouldn't mind playing behind that for 6-8 more years.
The Ranger$ do have more depth on defense. Whether that will change remains to be seen. I think guys like Donovan and Strait can step forward. And you don't know that your nucleus is going to stay in place for 8 more years anyway (probably, won't in fact - I doubt Staal stays for much longer).

I don't think the Isles have a better future though. I basically see both teams as having drafted fairly well over the years and see both teams as having strengths. Also, you can't ignore the reality that the Rags will always have much more cash to throw around. IMO, future for both teams looks pretty bright.

Lundqvist is likely to stay in NY, and I think he'll get paid major coin. And argument could be made that he is one of the four or five most important players in the NHL right now.

09-06-2013, 03:04 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Great argument.

Henke is the best goaltender in the league. Crawford got paid, Henke's gonna get close to $8M.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
Im petrified. If Crawford got 6 and Rask got 7, Lundqvist will certainly get at least 7.75-8.0. Truth be told if he got 7.75 I would be ecstatic because I truly believe he will get around 8.3-8.5
I'm only petrified he'll leave. He deserves whatever he gets. And the last time I said that was Mark Messier after 1994.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 03:34 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
The Ranger$ do have more depth on defense. Whether that will change remains to be seen. I think guys like Donovan and Strait can step forward. And you don't know that your nucleus is going to stay in place for 8 more years anyway (probably, won't in fact - I doubt Staal stays for much longer).

I don't think the Isles have a better future though. I basically see both teams as having drafted fairly well over the years and see both teams as having strengths. Also, you can't ignore the reality that the Rags will always have much more cash to throw around. IMO, future for both teams looks pretty bright.

Lundqvist is likely to stay in NY, and I think he'll get paid major coin. And argument could be made that he is one of the four or five most important players in the NHL right now.
Are you friends with Staal. We have a deeper team, that's a fact. And throwing around cash is part of the game. There's a salary cap. Get over it. I'm sick of hearing this argument.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 09-06-2013 at 04:43 PM.
16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 03:42 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
If he signs before the season how will we make all the "value of Lundqvist" proposals throughout the year? I already saved my Stastny+Varlamov+1st proposal with convincing reasons in my User CP.

09-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Are you friends with Staal.
Nope, but I can read and I do hear rumors. There is good reason to believe he will head to Carolina.

But, of course, that is a guess. Which is why I didn't state it as definitive fact.

Quote:
We have a deeper team, that's a fact.
That's your opinion. You're not a deity and others here are entitled to different opinions.

Quote:
And throwing around cash is part of the game.

Absolutely. And, I was not critical of the Ranger$ spending dollars. That is an asset that big market franchises have, and it part of why teams like the Rangers, Flyers, and Bruins will always be reasonably competitive. I wish the Isles had that going for them, but they'd don't.

Quote:
There's a salary cap. Get over it. I'm sick of hearing this argument.
Why would anybody here begin to care what you are sick of hearing about?

And, what "argument" are you talking about anyway? My only point was that the Ranger economic resources are considerable and part of the reason why I think it is silly to suggest that the Isles have a brighter future. Both teams should be good down the road.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 09-06-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I'm only petrified he'll leave. He deserves whatever he gets. And the last time I said that was Mark Messier after 1994.

I don't think he'll leave. If you look at the franchise players who have left teams over the years, like Parise or Niedermayer or NJ, they all have a geographic or personal reason for wanting to do so.

Lundqvist seems to love it in NY, is a great fit for the franchise, and seems to prosper under the limelight of a big market team.

He'll sign for a big $ contract, and that will be an issue for the cap, but he is one of the few guys around the league who really is worth the max.

Old
09-06-2013, 04:00 PM
end2endrush

Anything under 8 is a steal in my opinion. 8 and im still happy. 8.3-8.5 and im still happy just because thats what hes worth, and id be happy locking up the best goalie on the planet.

end2endrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 04:02 PM
huntison

I say he will only ask for 6 a year. If he wants to win with the rangers he needs to free up some cash.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 09-06-2013 at 04:15 PM.
huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 04:18 PM
leafswallace93*

Staal
McDonagh
Girardi
Del Zotto
Moore
Stralman
McIlrath

The reason NYR is overrated a bunch of above average defensemen but no great stud. The internet loves this bunch because they're not the type of blueliner that gets over paid but this isn't a championship blueline.

leafswallace93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafswallace93 View Post
Staal
McDonagh
Girardi
Del Zotto
Moore
Stralman
McIlrath

The reason NYR is overrated a bunch of above average defensemen but no great stud. The internet loves this bunch because they're not the type of blueliner that gets over paid but this isn't a championship blueline.

Not that it is real relevant to the thread, but I disagree. That is a very strong group. They may not have a high end Pronger type, but the balance is there, mobility, hitting, vet savy, and offense.

Old
09-06-2013, 04:22 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Staal
McDonagh
Girardi
Del Zotto
Moore
Stralman
McIlrath

Are you serious?

McDonagh and Staal are "studs", although I'm not sure what qualifies for your generic label. I don't think I'd take any blueline other than Chicago's over the Rangers.

09-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Aufheben
Global Moderator
#planttheparade2015

vCash: 69
Quote:
Staal
McDonagh
Girardi
Del Zotto
Moore
Stralman
McIlrath

Most people on HF consider McDonagh to be the 10th-15th best defensemen in the league, and Staal is just as good. Despite their age, the big 4 already have a lot of playoff experience. We'll see I guess. The average age of that group is what, 25? The only guy in that group who has probably peaked is Girardi.

Last edited by Aufheben: 09-06-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote