HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edmonton and Phoenix

Old
09-06-2013, 05:49 PM
SupremeTeam16

vCash: 500
Edmonton and Phoenix

I know Mac-T just took Hemsky "off the market" so what a better time then now to trade him lol.

What does everyone think of something around hemsky for David Moss.

I know it's a tough deal because Phx are close to their internal cap and Edm is close to the cap as well but I think player wise it's a deal that helps both teams if they can make the numbers work.

David Moss is the bottom 6 winger we need and he has played quite a bit with Boyd Gordon so they could do well on our 3rd line.

Hemsky is a top 6 winger which I believe you guys are in need of even with the eventual signing of Boedker. Just think you could run an all Czech line of Hemsky Hanzel Vrbatta lol.

Any of these tickle anyones fancy

Hemsky @ 2.5 mil + Omark + '14 3rd or '15 2nd for David Moss + Henrik Samuelson

Hemsky + late pick for David Moss + Brandon Mcmillan.

SupremeTeam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeTeam16 View Post
I know Mac-T just took Hemsky "off the market" so what a better time then now to trade him lol.

I know it's a tough deal because Phx are close to their internal cap and Edm is close to the cap as well but I think player wise it's a deal that helps both teams if they can make the numbers work.

David Moss is the bottom 6 winger we need and he has played quite a bit with Boyd Gordon so they could do well on our 3rd line.

Hemsky is a top 6 winger which I believe you guys are in need of even with the eventual signing of Boedker. Just think you could run an all Czech line of Hemsky Hanzel Vrbatta lol.

You laid out a decent premise... then ruined everything by trying to sneak Samuelsson into a proposal. Prepare to be eaten alive by Yotes fans.

I also think we are much better off holding onto Hemmer for the time being. As much as I'd like to roll a more conventional 3rd line (something Hemsky wouldn't be a part of), I'd prefer to see if he can return to form. It's not like his value could get much lower than it is currently, but there are enough motivating factors for him to try and elevate his play to its former level. That Hemsky would be worth something.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:48 PM
McMozesmadness
5-14-6-1

If I were the Yotes I wouldn't be dealing Samuelson. The kid is going to be good.

The second propsal I much more realistic but with Hemskys health likely scaring teams away this deal would likely have to wait until Hemmer plays the first half injury free.

McMozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
No. To both of them. None of those pieces are enticing enough to let go of Samuelsson. And I'm a big fan of David Moss, and I'd rather keep him than chance Hemsky holding up a whole season.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 11:00 PM
BarMex
#PrayForMcDavid

I can see the second proposal working out, but no way we deal Samuelsson.

BarMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 11:45 PM
ManofSteel55

If we deal Hemsky, I would prefer that we get a third liner who plays more physical than Moss. Pass.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I wish the Oilers had traded up to draft Samuelssen. He's going to be just the type of player we need.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 04:23 AM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 105
Hemmer for Moss is something I've been hoping would materialize out of my imagination all summer. Moss and Gordon had unbelievable chemistry last year, I would love to reunite them.

McPuritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 01:37 PM
RR

Hemsky isn't going to get you anything of significant value from Phoenix. He's owed $5.5M this season; he's a UFA at season's end; he hasn't played a full NHL season since 2008-09; he's missed 118 games in the last 4 years; and when he has played over that time he's been a .5 ppg player. That's far too big of a gamble for a cash-strapped team like the Coyotes to take. We shop for players at the Dollar Store.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 01:44 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeTeam16 View Post

The second one is not bad, I would definitely consider if the salary difference can be worked out either by tweaking the deal, or flipping some vet D that make a good amount for some futures.

For the first one, we are not really in a position to deal an important piece for the future (samuelsson) for temp help. The only way H. Samuelsson is dealt is for another cost controlled player, or in a package for a premier forward of some kind.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 03:04 PM
SupremeTeam16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Hemsky isn't going to get you anything of significant value from Phoenix. He's owed $5.5M this season; he's a UFA at season's end; he hasn't played a full NHL season since 2008-09; he's missed 118 games in the last 4 years; and when he has played over that time he's been a .5 ppg player. That's far too big of a gamble for a cash-strapped team like the Coyotes to take. We shop for players at the Dollar Store.
What about a guy like Linus Omark? He put up 27 pts in 51 games playing mostly bottom 6 minutes on a terrible oilers team in 2010-11 and he's only owed 600,000 this year.

If that's not a bargain basement deal I don't know what is.

SupremeTeam16 is offline   Reply With Quote