HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Training Camp

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-26-2013, 07:46 PM
  #701
Mike203
Registered User
 
Mike203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Amherst NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
predictions:

cut/waived
Sulzer - waivers
Adam - waivers
Armia - Rochester
Flynn - Rochester
Girgensons - Rochester

that gets them to 24

Tropp - INJURED
that gets them to 23

Looks like Zadarov will stay... for now

Foligno-Hodgson-Vanek
Ennis-Larsson-Stafford
Ott-Grigs-Leino
Kaleta-Porter-McCormick
x Scott

Tallinder-Myers
Ehrhoff-Risto
Weber-Pysyk
x McBain, Zadarov
cut/waived
Adam - waivers
Armia - injured then Rochester
Flynn - Rochester
Girgensons - Rochester
Zadorov - back to juniors

that gets them to 24

Tropp - INJURED
that gets them to 23


Foligno-Hodgson-Vanek
Ennis-Larsson-Stafford
Ott-Grigs-Leino
Kaleta-Porter-McCormick
x Scott

Tallinder-Myers
Ehrhoff-Risto
Weber-Pysyk
x McBain, Sulzer

I have your exact team except Sulzer in for Zads

Mike203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 08:10 PM
  #702
Mike203
Registered User
 
Mike203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Amherst NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
predictions:

cut/waived
Sulzer - waivers
Adam - waivers
Armia - Rochester
Flynn - Rochester
Girgensons - Rochester

that gets them to 24

Tropp - INJURED
that gets them to 23

Looks like Zadarov will stay... for now

Foligno-Hodgson-Vanek
Ennis-Larsson-Stafford
Ott-Grigs-Leino
Kaleta-Porter-McCormick
x Scott

Tallinder-Myers
Ehrhoff-Risto
Weber-Pysyk
x McBain, Zadarov
cut/waived
Adam - waivers
Armia - injured then Rochester
Flynn - Rochester
Girgensons - Rochester
Zadorov - back to juniors

that gets them to 24

Tropp - INJURED
that gets them to 23


Foligno-Hodgson-Vanek
Ennis-Larsson-Stafford
Ott-Grigs-Leino
Kaleta-Porter-McCormick
x Scott

Tallinder-Myers
Ehrhoff-Risto
Weber-Pysyk
x McBain, Sulzer

I have your exact team except Sulzer in for Zads

Mike203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 10:38 AM
  #703
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 36,057
vCash: 500
When is the deadline for final moves? I'm assuming players getting put on waivers has to happen tomorrow so the transaction is complete monday

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 10:44 AM
  #704
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,894
vCash: 500
Have to be at 23 by Monday. I'm guessing Adam, Flynn and Girgensons are the odd men out. Only Adam needs waivers.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 12:13 PM
  #705
ADoubleD
Registered User
 
ADoubleD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,842
vCash: 500
So if Ennis stays at center then I'm assuming that Girgensons makes it over Larsson. Then the lines could look something like this:

Foligno-Hodgson-Vanek
Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Girgensons-Grigorenko-Leino
Scott/McCormick-Porter-Kaleta

I also don't hate the idea of sliding Porter/Scott/McCormick being the LW on the 4th with Larsson centering it. But it's not the ideal situation I know.

ADoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 12:21 PM
  #706
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 16,604
vCash: 500
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 9m

Rolston confirmed that Ristolainen has made the team. Zadorov had his finger repaired with stitches and is out two weeks

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 12:21 PM
  #707
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 16,604
vCash: 500
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 6m

Rolston also said they haven't decided on sending Zadorov back or keeping him. Could put him on IR, skate him here the 2 weeks...

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 12:23 PM
  #708
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 16,604
vCash: 500
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 10m

Adam has been waived to send to Rochester.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 12:51 PM
  #709
Rhett4
Cassidy Must Go
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,341
vCash: 500
Good for Ristolainen. I still think Zadorov has been better, but I can't imagine them keeping both. With the finger injury, I wonder if they keep Zad up on IR for two weeks (to maybe give him a couple games) or send him back now.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 12:54 PM
  #710
Rhett4
Cassidy Must Go
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,341
vCash: 500
Also, would Flynn + Girgs to Rochester and Zads to IR get them to 23?

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 01:07 PM
  #711
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 14,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 9m

Rolston confirmed that Ristolainen has made the team. Zadorov had his finger repaired with stitches and is out two weeks
No real surprise there, but it'll be fun watching him play this season. Looking forward to it.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 03:24 PM
  #712
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 11,219
vCash: 500
Honest question, who would Zadorov play over?

struckbyaparkedcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 03:42 PM
  #713
Sabresfansince1980
Registered User
 
Sabresfansince1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: from Wheatfield, NY
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Honest question, who would Zadorov play over?
That's the problem. I suppose maybe Tallinder, but I would think Tallinder's veteran savy is more valuable to the d-corps this season.

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 03:56 PM
  #714
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth
 
MacOfNiagara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Niagara Falls
Country: United States
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
That's the problem. I suppose maybe Tallinder, but I would think Tallinder's veteran savy is more valuable to the d-corps this season.
I've been a big fan of Tallinder and think his veteran presence is a huge boon for our young but talented D core (RR,Myers,Zadorov,Pysyk,McCabe) . . .

. . . but, IMO, he has not looked good at all during the preseason. Seems to have lost several steps. Tentative, and making rushed / bad decisions, and getting walked around too often.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:04 PM
  #715
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,908
vCash: 500
I'm surprised that RR made the team, but no complaints. See what he brings, get the rebuild going. Just don't Connolly his development by putting him on the top pairing for 25 minutes a night.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:09 PM
  #716
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,413
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
That's the problem. I suppose maybe Tallinder, but I would think Tallinder's veteran savy is more valuable to the d-corps this season.
Yes. I think he is here to bridge the gap maybe. It seems like at least this year there's a log jam In a way it's a healthy thing.

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:10 PM
  #717
Sabresfansince1980
Registered User
 
Sabresfansince1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: from Wheatfield, NY
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,534
vCash: 500
I wonder if Rolston will consider keeping Zadorov on IR for a week or two, giving Tallinder, McBain, and Sulzer (if he's not sent through waivers anyway) a chance to show who needs to be replaced by Zadorov. Send the odd man (or two) through waivers and go with...

Ehrhoff-Myers
Weber-Ristolainen
Zadorov-Pysyk
Tallinder (I would assume him over McBain and Sulzer) as the #7 guy

This is what I think next season's starting group will be, with McNabb and Ruhwedel filling in as needed. Maybe if Tallinder shows poorly enough, that group will get an early start together.

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:16 PM
  #718
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,673
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Honest question, who would Zadorov play over?
IMO Weber

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:21 PM
  #719
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth
 
MacOfNiagara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Niagara Falls
Country: United States
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
IMO Weber
Yeah, I would put him ahead of all the following:

McBain
Sulzer
Tallinder

and likely ahead of McNabb as well.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:23 PM
  #720
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16
 
Push Dr Tracksuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoubleD View Post
So if Ennis stays at center then I'm assuming that Girgensons makes it over Larsson. Then the lines could look something like this:

Foligno-Hodgson-Vanek
Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Girgensons-Grigorenko-Leino
Scott/McCormick-Porter-Kaleta

I also don't hate the idea of sliding Porter/Scott/McCormick being the LW on the 4th with Larsson centering it. But it's not the ideal situation I know.
If Ennis stays at center I'm expecting see:

Vanek Hodgson Girgensons
Foligno Ennis Stafford
Ott Grigorenko Leino

Push Dr Tracksuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:31 PM
  #721
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 10,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
Yeah, I would put him ahead of all the following:

McBain
Sulzer
Tallinder

and likely ahead of McNabb as well.
I'd agree with that list. I think the only reasons to hold Zadorov out this year are: 1) Tallinder, while not as good a player as he used to be, is still a very calming veteran presence. I think he'd help either of Risto or Pysyk along as they adjust to becoming NHLers. And 2) Because if he goes back to London, he's on a Mem Cup contender with a chance to log massive minutes and develop his offensive game at a lower level; let him be a go-to guy for a full year at that level before progressing into the NHL. Plus, I think it'll make Rolston's job a bit easier if he's not trying to break 3 rookie D into the league at once, while at the same time trying to salvage McBain and keep/get Myers on the right track.

In spite of all that, I'd like to see them keep him skating with the team while he's on IR and maybe give him a couple games before returning him to the Knights.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:31 PM
  #722
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth
 
MacOfNiagara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Niagara Falls
Country: United States
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
If Ennis stays at center I'm expecting see:

Vanek Hodgson Girgensons
Foligno Ennis Stafford
Ott Grigorenko Leino
You are expecting Girgensons to be starting at 1st line RW?

I would love it if you were right, but I think there is literally no chance of that happening. Hope I'm wrong. Feel free to bump.

I am beyond ready to move on from Stafford as a top 6 forward. I love ZG, but I dont think they will give him that spot yet. I will be happy if they have him anywhere on the roster to start the season.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 04:58 PM
  #723
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,141
vCash: 500
By the time Zadorov is healthy, I'm sure there will be other injuries on the blue line freeing up a spot if they want to take a 9 game look at him. Granted, the injuries will probably be to whomever is playing the best since that's how these things happen to go...

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 07:48 PM
  #724
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 36,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
You are expecting Girgensons to be starting at 1st line RW?

I would love it if you were right, but I think there is literally no chance of that happening. Hope I'm wrong. Feel free to bump.

I am beyond ready to move on from Stafford as a top 6 forward. I love ZG, but I dont think they will give him that spot yet. I will be happy if they have him anywhere on the roster to start the season.
I don't think Girgs will get that spot simply because he isn't a RW.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2013, 08:01 PM
  #725
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 7,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Honest question, who would Zadorov play over?
If they wanted to gve Zadarov some NHL games.....

1. Alternate games between him and Risto

2. Move McBain to RW...he could fill the void of Tropp/Armia

3. Send Porter or Sulzer to Rochester thru waivers....or send n exempt player down.

Vanek- hodgson-Ott
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Girgs-Grigs-McBain
Scott-McCormick-Kaleta
Porter

Ehrhoff-Myers
Weber-Pysyk
Zadarov-Risto
Talinder-Sulzer

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.