HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #19 - Bears defeat Vikings 31-30

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
So the Bears beat a team picked by most to win their division and labeled a Super Bowl contender by some and it's all about how had the offense and defense was. Feel like this is a Hawks game day thread

Old
09-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
So the Bears beat a team picked by most to win their division and labeled a Super Bowl contender by some and it's all about how had the offense and defense was. Feel like this is a Hawks game day thread
Don't act like you're surprised. It's practically an extension of normal Hawks GDT's.

Old
09-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Pretending there weren't issue would be lying to ourselves

We are all happy for the W but at end of day the front 7 on D needs to improve and the Bears offense cant be MIA for half a game again (Saw that far too often last year team would be MIA for large stretches offensively)

Old
09-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Hawkman
Sweet Home Alabama

Bears win, Packers and Vikings lose, and I still have 5 fantasy players who haven't played yet. It's a great day in sports.

I just found out my girlfriend has a girlfriend too.
Old
09-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Pretending there weren't issue would be lying to ourselves

We are all happy for the W but at end of day the front 7 on D needs to improve and the Bears offense cant be MIA for half a game again (Saw that far too often last year team would be MIA for large stretches offensively)
I agree and people can say that without saying the defense is awful, need to draft a qb, testman = Ron turner, etc. reasoned criticism is fine, but the ridiculous hyperbole in this thread is absurd. People were ready to call it a season before the first half ended

Old
09-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Well I can only speak for myself but watching this team for 20+ years has made me the cynical ******* I am with regards to Bears

I just expect something horrendous to happen like Peter Tom Willis to come off the bench

Old
09-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Eli Manning is an absolute enigma

So inconsistent play to play , Elite talent but he makes horrid choices every game and yet when its playoff time he turns into a beast

Old
09-08-2013, 08:19 PM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

I hate the Cowboys. They may be the least like able team in all of pro sports if it wasn't for the Yankees and maybe the Heat

Old
09-08-2013, 08:25 PM
RomersWorld*

But somehow it is impossible for a guy like Cutler to win a Super Bowl yet Manning has done it twice. Manning has also lead the entire NFL in interceptions 2 seasons. He won the Super Bowl one year while leading the league in interceptions and followed up his league leading 25 interceptions year with winning the Super Bowl that next season. He threw 25 picks with Bradshaw running for 1200 yards(4.5 ypc), Brandon Jacobs running for 820 yards(5.6 ypc), Hakeem Nicks catching 1050 yards(in 13 games), Manningham catching for 950 yards, and Steve Smith catching 530 yards(in 9 games, on pace for 950 yards). He isn't some incredible QB but he is talented and his team, especially defense have gotten hot in the playoffs and he has been good enough at the right times.

Joe Flacco is not some great QB either. He had a great 4 game run though. Ben Roethlisberger lead the league in interceptions the year after winning the Super Bowl. You don't need an elite QB to win the Super Bowl IMO, you need an great team to get hot at the right time. I don't like our chances without Cutler and I don't think it'll be easy to find some replacement who is as good. The Bears went 20 years trying to find anyone decent and had no such luck. As far as I can tell the Bears are not super young and are built to contend the next few years so going for a full rebuild right now doesn't seem like the right move. If the Bears miss the playoffs this year then maybe that changes but they should be able to make it IMO barring season ending injuries to a few key players.

Old
09-08-2013, 08:31 PM
BK201

Quote:
I agree and people can say that without saying the defense is awful, need to draft a qb, testman = Ron turner, etc. reasoned criticism is fine, but the ridiculous hyperbole in this thread is absurd. People were ready to call it a season before the first half ended
we do need to draft a QB the past 2 seasons cutler went down and our ship as well, there is nothing wrong with drafting a guy and getting him ready to take over in a couple years.

having 2 legit QB's is not a bad thing. people say get a QB in FA or trade well for real we gave a first for Cutler why not use a 4th or something and get a ryan Nassib? or Kellen moore or a 7th on lke denver for Brock Osweiller.

sure they're projects but look how well Russel wilson turned out or San fransisco who had Alex smith and drafted Colin kaepernick. look how far ahead the niners are now.

Old
09-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
we do need to draft a QB the past 2 seasons cutler went down and our ship as well, there is nothing wrong with drafting a guy and getting him ready to take over in a couple years.

having 2 legit QB's is not a bad thing. people say get a QB in FA or trade well for real we gave a first for Cutler why not use a 4th or something and get a ryan Nassib? or Kellen moore or a 7th on lke denver for Brock Osweiller.

sure they're projects but look how well Russel wilson turned out or San fransisco who had Alex smith and drafted Colin kaepernick. look how far ahead the niners are now.
The Bears have has too many holes to draft a QB high the past 2 years. Plus for every Wilson and Kapernick, there are 30 QBs that are absolute dog crap and never do a thing in the NFL.

Old
09-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Romo injured

Orton coming in

Old
09-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Illinihockey

Whelp, F my fantasy season

Old
09-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Whelp, F my fantasy season
Romo may come back

He was trying to get comfortable and gain his breath on sidelines after double Rib shot

We shall see if he comes out to play 2nd half or if the Cowboys decide to not risk it

Old
09-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Romo back in

Orton should have picked better place to be #2 ,, If he signed in Minny for example he would have replaced Ponder by now

Old
09-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Hawkman
Sweet Home Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Well I can only speak for myself but watching this team for 20+ years has made me the cynical ******* I am with regards to Bears. I just expect something horrendous to happen like Peter Tom Willis to come off the bench
or Rex Grossman to start in the SB.

Old
09-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Another turnover by Giants (This time Ex-Bear Trumaine McBride to blame)

What a mess this game has been

Old
09-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
99% sure that picture of briggs is the first missed tackled he had
It was.

Old
09-08-2013, 11:32 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
So when is Cullk gonna come in and complain about how the officials screwing up the ruling after the fight and giving the Niners another 3rd down?

....even though it should've been offsetting personal fouls and the late hit penalty standing.

Old
09-09-2013, 12:25 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
So when is Cullk gonna come in and complain about how the officials screwing up the ruling after the fight and giving the Niners another 3rd down?

....even though it should've been offsetting personal fouls and the late hit penalty standing.
Refs don't lose you games. There's always something you could have done before to put yourself in a better position later to succeed.

Covering Anquan Boldin would have been a nice start.

Old
09-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post

last 2 years:

#1 GMs first year, signed UDFA QB Blanchard
#2 Team had lots of holes, UDFA Blanchard looked good and there weren't much picks to use on a QB. Not to mention that their is a complete new coaching staff.

give it up, Cutty is here to stay and yesterday showed that he can make all the plays when he has time to throw and his Receivers make the catch and not dropping the ball. His worst throw was with Johnsons hand on his shoulder...

Old
09-09-2013, 03:20 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
I hate the Cowboys. They may be the least like able team in all of pro sports if it wasn't for the Yankees and maybe the Heat

Old
09-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

you know that there is a pic with him in a Hawks jersey?

Old
09-09-2013, 07:23 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Man, the Green Bay O-line is so bad. Rodgers still finds a way to get his numbers but that team is in trouble as far as winning games go. It's going to be no less of a stuggle than it will for the Bears; this thing is wide open.

Old
09-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

I think the Bears O-line at this point is better.

Closed Thread