HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

2013-14 NFL Season Thread - Congratulations Seattle Seahawks!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2014, 08:44 AM
  #226
Gord
failed rebuild
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
San Fran beat themselves. They had the game under smooth control IN SEATTLE until the giveaways. Had the game not been in Seattle i don't think there would have been any giveaways to begin with, and the early lead for the Niners would have been much greater. They're the better team on paper but that doesn't always show when you play in a place like that which dumps popcorn on the opposing teams injured players. Peyton is getting a limo ride to the trophy, it will perhaps be the most lop-sided superbowl in history in my opinion. Niners vs Broncos would be something to be excited for.
do you love the niners that much you're blind to the quality of other teams?

The turnovers were a result of a very good seattle defense, not because the niners didn't have a home game.
even if you are right, and the 49ers had a better team on paper. the still had to play the game and execute. they didn't.
sounds like a lot of sour grapes.

Going to be an excellent Super bowl, the best offense vs. the best defense.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 09:07 AM
  #227
The Last Dynasty
We're in Hell men
 
The Last Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. OILbert
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,329
vCash: 500
ugh....two teams I cannot stand in the SB...Denver and those hideous uniforms who got lucky to nab Manning

and the Sh**hawks with their hideous uniforms who employ an arrogant coach and Richard Sherman

who be a great one though...#1 offense vs. #1 defense

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 09:23 AM
  #228
raab
Where's the Heart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,569
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Nightmare View Post
I like both teams.

I'll be happy, whoever wins.

And I'll be sad, whoever loses.
I'm in the same boat. Loved the Bronco's since the Elway days, and love the Seahawks with Wilson and Lynch. Gonna be a good game no matter who wins.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 02:09 PM
  #229
TheBrew
Registered User
 
TheBrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 540
if it's cold Manning will have a tough time against that Seahawk D.

TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 02:16 PM
  #230
BlowbyBlow
Registered User
 
BlowbyBlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew View Post
if it's cold Manning will have a tough time against that Seahawk D.
I hate both teams, i used to like Manning but i hate the fans of his, its always been he didnt have these hood receivers no good defense just excuse after excuse you never hear that from Patriots/brady fans. Having grown up in the 70's seeing montana play brady is the greateat qb ever undisputed. Montana had 3 hall of fame recievers what did brady have when he had an all star cast went almost undefeated. Manning (peyton) wasnt a natural leader in his early days and he always found excuses like his fans.

Russel wilson is a game manager with some luck on his side i havent see a qb so lucky on his deep balls so it could be an interesting game

BlowbyBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 01:09 PM
  #231
Oilersfanneedsdrink
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 487
vCash: 500

Oilersfanneedsdrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 03:35 AM
  #232
402
#ualberta
 
402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Egypt
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
I'm ****ing pumped for this game!
on so many levels I think this will be a terrific game

The weather is expected to be quite good and passer friendly

This one is extremely difficult to call but I'm predicting the Broncos come out on top in a close game

I don't really care who ones I'm just hoping for a exciting football game

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 04:07 AM
  #233
JSC
Registered Sniper
 
JSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,042
vCash: 500
Marshawn Lynch has to be dominant for the Seahawks to win this game

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 04:34 AM
  #234
shoop
Registered User
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
If both teams stay healthy throughout the game I'll give a slight edge to the Seahawks. The best offence versus the best defence is a coin toss. If the Broncos can't establish the run early the Legion of Boom will shut down the Broncos passing game.

On the flip side the Seahawks offence should do comparatively better against the Broncos. Wilson has played with far more maturity than a second year QB in the league.

I know everybody is pulling for Manning to win a second Superbowl, but there is no way the Seahawks should be underdogs in this game. Why won't proline allow single game bets?

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:44 AM
  #235
Samwise Gagner
We suck.
 
Samwise Gagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,074
vCash: 500
Todays the day, Seahawks in the Superbowl. Been a fan for the last 3 seasons so this isn't quite the same feeling as game 7 in 06, but it still feels damn good. Woke up at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep because I was too anxious.
Having a team in the Superbowl feels good enough though to maintain hope that the Oilers will one day stop sucking too, just so I can feel this in a hockey context.

Predictions... The worse the weather, the better it is for seattle. Manning will be a man on a mission, but the fact that the seahawks best defensive players are pass protectors is a bonus, but on the other hand the Broncos have multiple strong targets so it could go either way. Everyone is saying it will come down to Lynch needing to have massive game for the Seahawks to win, but I think Wilson putting up real yardage (and not the usual 180-225) will be the biggest factor. He's certainly capable, and the Broncos D is pretty average.

Samwise Gagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 12:07 PM
  #236
shoop
Registered User
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gagner View Post
Todays the day, Seahawks in the Superbowl. Been a fan for the last 3 seasons so this isn't quite the same feeling as game 7 in 06, but it still feels damn good. Woke up at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep because I was too anxious.
Having a team in the Superbowl feels good enough though to maintain hope that the Oilers will one day stop sucking too, just so I can feel this in a hockey context.

Predictions... The worse the weather, the better it is for seattle. Manning will be a man on a mission, but the fact that the seahawks best defensive players are pass protectors is a bonus, but on the other hand the Broncos have multiple strong targets so it could go either way. Everyone is saying it will come down to Lynch needing to have massive game for the Seahawks to win, but I think Wilson putting up real yardage (and not the usual 180-225) will be the biggest factor. He's certainly capable, and the Broncos D is pretty average.
There are lots of Seahawks fans in Edmonton. Stems from back in the days before Thursday and Sunday night games. We'd get three games on broadcast. An early game, a late game and a Monday night game. Invariably the Seahawks were one of those games as our US affiliates were always stations out of Spokane.

I'm cheering for the Seahawks for that reason (although the Redskins are my team) and I really don't think Peyton is the GOAT and a loss here gives that argument much less credence.

IMO it all comes down to Peyton vs. the Legion of Boom. If Manning is under 300 yards it will be extremely difficult for the Broncos to win. 350+ and the Seahawks are in tough.

Unfortunately (for the Seahawks) the weather isn't forecast to play a role. +6 at kickoff, 0% probability of precipitation, 4 MPH wind.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 12:30 PM
  #237
Samwise Gagner
We suck.
 
Samwise Gagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
There are lots of Seahawks fans in Edmonton. Stems from back in the days before Thursday and Sunday night games. We'd get three games on broadcast. An early game, a late game and a Monday night game. Invariably the Seahawks were one of those games as our US affiliates were always stations out of Spokane.

I'm cheering for the Seahawks for that reason (although the Redskins are my team) and I really don't think Peyton is the GOAT and a loss here gives that argument much less credence.

IMO it all comes down to Peyton vs. the Legion of Boom. If Manning is under 300 yards it will be extremely difficult for the Broncos to win. 350+ and the Seahawks are in tough.

Unfortunately (for the Seahawks) the weather isn't forecast to play a role. +6 at kickoff, 0% probability of precipitation, 4 MPH wind.

Yeah I saw the forecast, too bad I was really hoping for rain.

Same deal here in Calgary, we get a random assortment of games but the Seahawks are always on. That along with my liking for defence and good running games swayed me in their direction a few years ago.

LOB vs Peyton is a great match up, I'm most excited to see how often Peyton will target whoever Sherman is on, the Best QB vs the best corner will be one of the highlights of the game for me.

Samwise Gagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 01:28 PM
  #238
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
ugh....two teams I cannot stand in the SB...Denver and those hideous uniforms who got lucky to nab Manning

and the Sh**hawks with their hideous uniforms who employ an arrogant coach and Richard Sherman

who be a great one though...#1 offense vs. #1 defense
Ha, two of my three favourite teams are in the SB game. Life is good.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 01:59 PM
  #239
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11,638
vCash: 500
Gonna look bad on Peyton if he can't win today, regardless of how good Seattle's D is, especially if the conditions outside are favourable, which by all accounts they will be.

Can't stand the Broncos. Hopefully the Seahawks can pull it out.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 01:59 PM
  #240
Hall2Nuge2Ebs
Registered User
 
Hall2Nuge2Ebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 50
Hate the Seahawks. Most arrogant team I have ever seen

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 02:57 PM
  #241
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!
 
MrWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,083
vCash: 50
The most exciting day of the year.

Way more nervous than I was during game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final against the Hurricanes. My stomach is flipping... the anticipation is incredible.

GO BRONCOS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 02:58 PM
  #242
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!
 
MrWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,083
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Gonna look bad on Peyton if he can't win today, regardless of how good Seattle's D is, especially if the conditions outside are favourable, which by all accounts they will be.

Can't stand the Broncos. Hopefully the Seahawks can pull it out.
Only QB to ever throw for 400 yards against Bilicheat in a post-season game. Peyton has been incredible this post-season; he has silenced all the detractors that have called him a choker in the post-season. Absolutely incredible. Two best teams in the NFL... why would it look bad on PFM? Football is a team game. Doesn't matter anyway, the Broncos are taking this.

GO BRONCOS!

MrWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 03:11 PM
  #243
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!
 
MrWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,083
vCash: 50
Keys for the Broncos will be the interior of the D-Line, Pot Roast, Sly getting some help from the ends and keeping Marshawn inside as much as possible. Run D is the strength of our defense and as well as Phillips and Ayers have played they are going to have to get a lot of help from the Mike and OLB positions. I'm expecting Woodyard and Trev to have monster games. What's more worrying is Wilson is due for a big game passing wise; he's been less than impressive this post-season and while the Broncos secondary isn't great, as a unit, they've come together and played their best ball all season in the playoffs. A healthy Champ, DRC, Adams is a solid group and will do their part to keep the Seattle offense off the field.

Offensively, no way Seattle is going to be able to contain DT, JT, Deck, Welker all game. It will be important for our guys to be just as physical with the Hawks DB's as they're going to be. O-Line has to keep Peyton upright; I'm not worried about too much pressure with Peyton's quick release but it will be important to let him take his two step drop and give him time to progress through his reads and step up. Don't want to see him being moved around the pocket, that's when PFM tends to make mistakes. Expecting Moreno and Ball to be held in check for the most part but we don't need them to have big games. If Seattle's going to play a cover 3, Peyton will just dink and dunk the Hawks to death.

MrWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 03:55 PM
  #244
shoop
Registered User
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Only QB to ever throw for 400 yards against Bilicheat in a post-season game. Peyton has been incredible this post-season; he has silenced all the detractors that have called him a choker in the post-season. Absolutely incredible. Two best teams in the NFL... why would it look bad on PFM? Football is a team game. Doesn't matter anyway, the Broncos are taking this.

GO BRONCOS!
Belichek deserved coach of the year for taking that devastated lineup to the conference championship after losing Hernandez, Gronk and Wilfork. He went too far in accusing Welker of intending to injure Talib, but with a healthy Talib Peyton doesn't throw for 300 yards nevermind 400.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 04:52 PM
  #245
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!
 
MrWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,083
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
Belichek deserved coach of the year for taking that devastated lineup to the conference championship after losing Hernandez, Gronk and Wilfork. He went too far in accusing Welker of intending to injure Talib, but with a healthy Talib Peyton doesn't throw for 300 yards nevermind 400.
No question. Denver also suffered major injuries though; Clady, Miller, Vickerson, Wolfe, Moore and Harris in the post-season. If Talib could have shut down DT, there's no telling if one of Decker, JT or Welker exploits another match-up just as easily. Either way, the Broncos completely dominated that game. Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly and Talib is worse but injuries are injuries... every team suffers them.

MrWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 04:54 PM
  #246
402
#ualberta
 
402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Egypt
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
On another note I think FOX is the weakest of the three networks that broadcast the SuperBowl lately

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 04:59 PM
  #247
shoop
Registered User
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
On another note I think FOX is the weakest of the three networks that broadcast the SuperBowl lately
It's really unfortunate that Bradshaw has to mist the game. Regardless, all the networks do a pretty sweet job in broadcasting the game.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 05:39 PM
  #248
402
#ualberta
 
402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Egypt
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
Someone's shaky
That looked like the fault of the Denver center off the kickoff

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 06:15 PM
  #249
402
#ualberta
 
402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Egypt
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
Not only is the Seattle defense good but the Denver offense is messing up
Huge mistake from #18

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 06:20 PM
  #250
BlowbyBlow
Registered User
 
BlowbyBlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Only QB to ever throw for 400 yards against Bilicheat in a post-season game. Peyton has been incredible this post-season; he has silenced all the detractors that have called him a choker in the post-season. Absolutely incredible. Two best teams in the NFL... why would it look bad on PFM? Football is a team game. Doesn't matter anyway, the Broncos are taking this.

GO BRONCOS!
Anyone calls Bellichik a cheater is a loser. Do you know

A) there was LOADS of teams that employed recording, including the new york jets which were heavily involved
B) the commissioner of the nfl said because New England was involved they had to be set as an example because they were unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) winning. Its funny teams like the Jets who used it were the same old Jets.
c) unfortunately because New England was winning, losing teams that employed this so called spying weren't outed. To this day there was known to be between 10 teams who did it.
D) was spygate important to Patriots success = NO, they went 17-1 the 2007 season, and made it to the superbowl again after that season.

BlowbyBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.