HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Old
02-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

vCash: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowbyBlow View Post
Guys a thug, Crabtree doesn't even say anything to the dude, guy shows the choke to Kaepernick then he said people want to say he's the n - word - All I can say Sherman is c'mon man I guess they lowered the requirements for Ivy league universities.
They have a history. Emotions were running high. He didn't have time to compose himself.

People are making way too big of a deal out of it.

Best corner in football. Super Bowl Champ.

Jek McPorkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:21 PM
BlowbyBlow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
They have a history. Emotions were running high. He didn't have time to compose himself.

I get that, but how many games does he do it, and where is the line drawn where its gamesmanship and competitive spirit, this guy has a history around the league, and he hasn't been around that long.

BlowbyBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:24 PM
BlowbyBlow

i am baffled Denver would do a onside kick why not try keep Seattle off the scoreboard (an onside kick could still mean there in position for a field goal) and trust your offense to get more yards.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Replacement*
Checked out

What a pathetic game. Got bored and watched a bit. Game was over in the first half. lol

A casual observer (me) would have a hard time figuring how the Broncos got here. Absolutely putrid play calling and execution.

Replacement* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Tarus
FireChia#

This is like all those East vs West Stanley cup finals through the late 90s and early 00s.

The weak under-dog eastern based teams would chug their way to the finals with everyone rooting for them, and then they'd get crushed by the stacked western conference teams in games that could best be described as "no contest".

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Mcikinzom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
What a pathetic game. Got bored and watched a bit. Game was over in the first half. lol

A casual observer (me) would have a hard time figuring how the Broncos got here. Absolutely putrid play calling and execution.
Seattle's defense has made a lot of great teams look horrible this season. These are one of the most punishing teams defensively since the Chicago bears from the Ditka era.

Seattle's offense is actually pretty good. They ranked lower this season because they do play pretty conservative. Russell Wilson is the real deal though, hes fun to watch.

Mcikinzom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:33 PM
shoop

vCash: 78
Quote:

Well said. Sherman has done multiple interviews after the fact and apologized sincerely. Hopefully he isn't seriously injured. Crabtree has been a jerk to him.

Very happy to see Manning getting crushed in the Super Bowl. That constipated face of his when things aren't going his way is a thing of beauty...

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:33 PM
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!

vCash: 123
Yawwwwwwwwwn. Thanks for ruining football Seattle.

You can have our hockey team as your prize.

GreatMcKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Replacement*
Checked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum23 View Post
Did nhl n nba purposely not schedule any games during Super Bowl?
They should've. I can't see how anybody would still be watching the superbore

Old
02-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Mcikinzom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
Well said. Sherman has done multiple interviews after the fact and apologized sincerely. Hopefully he isn't seriously injured. Crabtree has been a jerk to him.

Very happy to see Manning getting crushed in the Super Bowl. That constipated face of his when things aren't going his way is a thing of beauty...
So many people dislike Manning. I don't get it, the guy seems nice, a humble winner and loser and has a good head on his shoulders.

I just realized, calling someone a humble loser is not the best of compliments.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Yawwwwwwwwwn. Thanks for ruining football Seattle.

You can have our hockey team as your prize.
Pfft. This is a complete masterpiece. Can't blame a team for robbing you of a close finish.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Kulleroinen*

No wonder that people outside of america don't care about this sport. Even football is more exciting.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:40 PM
shoop

vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfanneedsdrink View Post
So many people dislike Manning. I don't get it, the guy seems nice, a humble winner and loser and has a good head on his shoulders.

I must admit I am torn. You are right he seems like a nice guy. I saw a fan invited him to her wedding and he actually sent back the Save the Date card and wished her well.

I think Brady has proven he is better when it counts and regular season results alone do not make the Greatest of All Time.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!

Quote:
Pfft. This is a complete masterpiece. Can't blame a team for robbing you of a close finish.
It's not good TV though. Sure Seattle's stomping Denver and rightly so, but this is the first bad Super Bowl in a long time. So many class games in these playoffs ends with a complete dud.

Old
BlowbyBlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfanneedsdrink View Post

Early in his career I think he didn't show enough humility and I think honestly its just the way he looks. That may sound silly but sometimes a guy looks a certain way and people characterize him in a group.

i'm a pats fan and wanted to see him win, for the fact that that displays the humbleness late in his career

Old
02-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Mcikinzom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
I must admit I am torn. You are right he seems like a nice guy. I saw a fan invited him to her wedding and he actually sent back the Save the Date card and wished her well.

I think Brady has proven he is better when it counts and regular season results alone do not make the Greatest of All Time.
I Prefer cheering for the good guys in sports and in everyday life. I don't know Tom Brady but he comes off as a huge dick, his behavior on the field sometimes reflects this. He has a lot of fans based on his play throughout his career, but i can't stand him as an individual.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Tarus
FireChia#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
No wonder that people outside of america don't care about this sport. Even football is more exciting.
It's easy to digest for the short attention span of American audiences.

Other sports you have to follow the play for a lot longer than 10 seconds every minute or two.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

Quote:
It's not good TV though. Sure Seattle's stomping Denver and rightly so, but this is the first bad Super Bowl in a long time. So many class games in these playoffs ends with a complete dud.
I think society is a little too concerned with marketability and the casual/non-fan. This is like the Penguins' Cup wins. You just have to stand back and marvel at it.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:45 PM
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!

Wow the Seahawks just went for it on 4th down. You've already won you *******s. This is why I don't cheer for this circus. Pete Carroll is an assclown and the only thing he deserves is a football to the groin.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:46 PM
#ualberta

I like Manning I hope he doesn't retire quite yet
It's a great thing to be able to watch one of the best ever play and ya this game was brutal but he's still one of the best QB's ever

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

Quote:
Wow the Seahawks just went for it on 4th down. You've already won you *******s. This is why I don't cheer for this circus. Pete Carroll is an assclown and the only thing he deserves is a football to the groin.
Can't punt, no need for the FG, too early to kneel.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Replacement*
Checked out

Quote:
I think society is a little too concerned with marketability and the casual/non-fan. This is like the Penguins' Cup wins. You just have to stand back and marvel at it.
pfft

The NFL and Superbowl is about nothing but hype, marketability and no sizzle. With Americans pretending its the biggest and best sporting event on the planet. Which its not even close to.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
pfft

The NFL and Superbowl is about nothing but hype, marketability and no sizzle. With Americans pretending its the biggest and best sporting event on the planet. Which its not even close to.
To the hardcore fans, it's about the best vs. the best. All of the dressing is for non-fans. To me, it's the best. If your mileage varies, I'm totally cool with that.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Replacement*
Checked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
It's easy to digest for the short attention span of American audiences.

Other sports you have to follow the play for a lot longer than 10 seconds every minute or two.
Yep. Any sport that's conducive to grabbing a Miller lite and piece of pizza every 5 minutes.

Basically every popular American sport seems like that. Its like backdrop entertainment. Its always on and you haven't really missed anything.

Last edited by Replacement*: 02-02-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old
02-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Replacement*
Checked out

Quote:
To the hardcore fans, it's about the best vs. the best. All of the dressing is for non-fans. To me, it's the best. If your mileage varies, I'm totally cool with that.
Well theres no argument the best football players are playing in the NFL. I just don't find the brand of football very entertaining.

You gotta admit this game don't look like the best vs the best. It looks like one team that couldn't even compete.

ps Now starting the 55mentions of "World Champion" kind of an odd term when the world doesn't play football.